(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091253676_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091350919 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091327118 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Cool thread Ken! I like this kind of thing as much as pinball, maybe more. Anyway I have quite a few of these type of machines. Here are a couple old Exhibit Supply penny arcade games. The one on the left is a counter-top love tester and the one of the right is a peep machine. You look inside and you see a run down shack with a lady with a big butt bending over doing laundry. And she is automated. Always good for a chuckle when guests visit.

ExhibitGames-687.jpgExhibitGames-687.jpg
#11 10 years ago

1958 Bally Skill Roll. Classic game.

#48 10 years ago

Here is a 1940s Dodge hula lamp. She even hulas. She has 3 settings, lit, hula or both. My wife says I need a cooler shade and she's right but the period correct ones aren't cheap.

HulaLamp.jpgHulaLamp.jpg
1 month later
#99 9 years ago

A couple more of mine.
1940s Skill Crane
1954 Horoscopes Inc. fortune machine.

CraneFortune.jpgCraneFortune.jpg
#100 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Restored Stepper Units and Relays to my Chicago Coin Goalee machine, does this count?

Certainly, but it would be a lot more fun to see the whole machine.

1 week later
#111 9 years ago

Here's an early Skee Ball project I just put up for sale. Not for the faint of heart but should be super cool when done.

janesville.craigslist.org link

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i think you need a trip to the jersey shore alex... and you could drop that off on the way...

Heh, that would be a hell of a trip. I brought this one home from Milwaukee with the lane portion tied down to the roof of my Explorer. That was an interesting ride home.

It would be neat to come see you though. I think you've proven you have the skills to do nice restorations. This one would just require a bit more woodwork and refinishing than your typical pin.

#120 9 years ago

I had a great fear it was going to come loose so I rode the shoulder and let cars pass me. It was a long ride home, but I made it. yay.

Here's the pic from the original ad…for an antique tavern table. I like those too but I eagle eyed the skee ball. Ever since I saw Mickey Treats youtube video for Square Amusements Roll-A-Ball I had it in my head I needed one and that little corner of the game that was visible looked awful familiar. Ugh, I'm going to talk myself into keeping it. I just talked to a guy on the phone and the whole time I was thinking, I hope he doesn't want it.

Taverntable.jpgTaverntable.jpg
#123 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Here's my pinball-ish skee ball machine, the 1947 P&S machine "Tom Tom"

Finally am home and got a chance to watch the video. No Youtube at work. That game is so cool! Nice small footprint and loads of character.

Tom Taylor actually has one. Appropriately so. I always like to play it when I get a chance. I'd love to have one but I am guessing there can't be more than a few left.

2 weeks later
#135 9 years ago

Congrats, I always thought this one had a nice look to it. I think you did pretty good for $300. Most of the issues are pretty minor.

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The Irving Kay batting practice just seems cheap to me. I much prefer the version I have by keeney in 1958. (Though many prefer the original 1947 batting practice.)
http://pinrepair.com/baseball/lleader.htm

You're probably right given the option but I'd take any of them. Irving Kaye Batting Practice was one of my favorites to play at Gameland in Lake Geneva when it was still running. It's fun and different from your typical P&B.

#155 9 years ago

Wow, that is cool. I love unusual stuff like that.

#157 9 years ago

Here's a pic of my bowler. Hard to get a good shot with low ceilings and poor lighting....

I just went through the mechanicals, cleaned it up a bit and refinished the woodwork. Could still use a correct set of legs and maybe a backglass upgrade down the road. Also missing the pin guard but that's ok I like it without.

Challenger.jpgChallenger.jpg
#163 9 years ago

Yep, a little piece of roadside Americana....

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Last I counted, there were around 10,000 South of the Border billboard signs between VA and SC. Maybe it seemed like that many, but it was the place to go after traveling for hours and you needed to get gas and a really bad cup of coffee.

Ah, ok. The reference was lost on me. Must be a East Coast thing. Kind of like a Wall Drug?

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I loved the old Taco Bell Signs and the restaurants. More classic looking rather than the fast food look of today IMO.
Ken

Hey cool, in Wausau? I wonder if it still has the retro look.

1 month later
#178 9 years ago

Ok, here is another crappy photo but you get the idea. I am almost done messing with this 1937 Wurlitzer Skee Ball. Scoring isn't 100% perfect yet. I tried to keep this one as original as possible so I didn't really restore it, just fixed and cleaned as needed.

WurliSkeeBall.jpgWurliSkeeBall.jpg
#184 9 years ago

Heh, I have that "bowl" sign too. A friend bought it for me.

1 month later
#190 9 years ago

I picked up game for a friend a few weeks ago and discovered this little guy sitting near buy. I had to take it home with me. It's the basketball version of the JF Frantz kicker catcher game. Ed from vintageville hooked me up with a backglass and a couple other little things it needed. It's kind of fun for a purely mechanical counter game.

LongShot.jpgLongShot.jpg

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

What's up with the pin-up girl behind it?!

Oh her? We call her Eleanor. Believe it or not my wife brought her home for me. I had been admiring her in an antique store for awhile. She is a burlesque dancer and is nearly life size. Apparently the picture hung in a bar in a town nearby for many years.

I like her too but people that visit either really like her or or too bashful to acknowledge her.
Eleanor.jpgEleanor.jpg

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

It would be great to see the mechanics on this one AlexF-thks.

Hi Wayner,
Here is a pic of what the mechanics look like.
5872mech.jpg5872mech.jpg

#198 9 years ago

Ha, well to be fair those aren't my internals. I borrowed the pic from vintageville just to show what it looks like. Essentially the same though, except mine has set screws on the side of the handle rods.

#200 9 years ago

I am pretty sure I have heard Schlitz called that too.

3 weeks later
#208 9 years ago

Maybe the wrong spot to post this but I brought this old girl home this week and I'm so proud. It hasn't been restored, but I sort of like it's aged beauty.

1428.jpg1428.jpg
#214 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Gorgeous Alex. Are those 78's in there or has that been converted?
Also, was that the guy that had the CL ad that pictured your juke and the 50's Seeburg juke and he was looking to trade?

It's still running 78s. It's alright though there is a lot of cool old tunes on 78. They are just harder to find. Plus I kind of like rediscovering an era of music I'm not necessarily familiar with.

I have some friends that collect jukeboxes like we collect pinball machines. My one friend had this one in his personal collection and I always told him it was my favorite. I recently asked him about another old 78 machine I liked that was for sale. He said it was nice machine but if I wanted I could buy his 1428. Of course I was excited and took him up on the offer. He has another one he plans to restore so all is good.

2 weeks later
#268 9 years ago

I drove by a garage and saw those cool games inside I'd lock up the brakes.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Just added this beast to the herd.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out what that was. I had to look it up. Sega Jumbo!
Holy cow is that thing cool.

1 month later
#292 9 years ago

I played hooky today to go retrieve this old punch clock. A fellow Pinsider was also kind enough to give me an old pinball game (Oh Boy) he saved from the dumptser. Thanks jho159! A fun day down in Chicagoland.

TimeClock.jpgTimeClock.jpg
#294 9 years ago

Thanks! I'm not sure I understand my fascination with these old time clocks but decided I needed one. It's interesting to me that something so utilitarian could be so pretty.

Here's a couple photos of less intricate versions on location back in the 1920s. Images borrowed from Shorpy. Cool site worth checking out if you like this kind of stuff.

30132u.jpg30132u.jpg
31980u.jpg31980u.jpg

1 month later
#324 9 years ago

Yeah, those pucks with the logo are cool. I'd be scared to mess with it.

2 weeks later
#340 9 years ago

I could spend hours just looking around in there. Fun stuff.

1 week later
#351 9 years ago

I'm still slowly improving on this one a bit. Thanks to Chris at St. Louis Ball Bowler I just got a new backglass. It was an exciting upgrade so I thought I'd post a pic.

ProBasketball.jpgProBasketball.jpg
#353 9 years ago

Thanks Hoov!

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Is that a real jackalope! Sweet!
And nice machine too!

My dad took the family out West when I was a kid. I remember seeing some Jackalopes at a road side stand. I was amazed and thought they were real. My family was entertained by my gullibilty. A few years back my sister bought me that one as a Christmas gift.

1 month later
#387 9 years ago

Looks great Wayner. One of the coolest trade stimulators in my opinion and it looks like a very nice example.

1 month later
#406 8 years ago

Looks great Wayne!

2 months later
#425 8 years ago

Wow, that is amazingly cool! I'm always a sucker for these old EM arcades.

#427 8 years ago

That's a pretty hefty number but I could see that happening. It's not a game that turns up very often. All it takes is two guys with deep pockets that both want it bad enough.

2 weeks later
#433 8 years ago

Those are cool. I'm not sure there is really a goal in mind while playing. Mainly just the novelty of driving the bulldozer around. I know my grandson would get a kick out of it.

2 months later
#475 8 years ago

I had a 1947 Trashcan. They are really cool and look great restored. They are huge though.

1 month later
#505 8 years ago

Looks great. Very fun game.

#510 8 years ago

All Star Hockey is more fun than it looks? It sure looks cool.

2 months later
#541 8 years ago

Classic sign. Has an Easter Egg? Is the one with the hidden swear word in it. I had one without but have seen one with it as well.

#543 8 years ago

I believe there are 3 or 4 different versions of the film. Essentially the same with some small variation. I was told that a disgruntled worker placed the swear word in one of the later versions. That may be urban legend. Mine didn't have it and a friend of mine's doesn't either. Neither are/were faded. I was told the swear word version was less common and therefore more valuable? Not sure how valid any of that information is.

I was really into vintage motion signs for awhile. Almost as much as pinball. I still have a few. They are a lot of fun to collect and the Hamm's Scene-o-rama has to be one of the coolest.

#547 8 years ago

Did you save the parts from the destroyed one? Like an old pinball you can piece together a working example from parts. There is a static sign that is generally much cheaper (see pic) that has the same shingled roof case design. You can use one for a donor if you have the internal motion parts.

9908836_1_l_(resized).jpg9908836_1_l_(resized).jpg

#550 8 years ago

At about the 3:20 mark to the right of the second birch tree you can kind of see the "F" word camouflaged in the water. It may be a bit of a stretch. It seemed much more obvious in the one I saw in person. Being intrigued by the story the owner told may have helped make it more believable. Or maybe the lighting in this video isn't helping make it discernible.

#555 8 years ago

I think it's easier to see after a few cans of Hamm's. As mentioned though pointed out in person it's much easier to see.

I saw the same sign with a locked up motor for $1250 at the Chicagoland show today. Sorry about that Dancing Lady Dave. I should have just pulled the trigger on the chance you'd want it.

1 week later
#561 8 years ago

Holy crap! $125? That is dirt cheap.

3 months later
#628 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

It does look super awesome though...

Killer game. And as presqueisle mentioned a lot of EM arcade games sell for significantly more than your typical collectible pinball machine. Try to find and buy Williams Ten Strike, United Star Slugger, Genco 2 Player Basketball or a Williams Mini Golf. Be prepared to be shocked and amazed at the going rate. And these aren't the most expensive EM arcade games, just some of the most commonly collectible.

#635 7 years ago

Very cool game. It is purty!

1 month later
2 months later
#681 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I found this in an antique store, unused and still in it's original shipping crate from Pace Manufacturing.
Anyone know what game it is from?
Guy wants $225 for it, if anyone needs it.

Wow, that is super cool. I couldn't find anything regarding a Pace bowling game. Finding a guy that has one may be a challenge, but if you needed it, $225 is a steal.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Could be another manufacturer in the Pace box? But probably pre WW2.

Yeah, that is a possibility as well. Makes it even harder to research. The design looks similar to the glass on Bally Alley but that doesn't really help much. Could be almost anything from the 30s-40s.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Same guys were in office 9 years later.
(1964 Southland Little Pro)
*Maybe the tags were good for a couple few years??

The story the guy told me that sold me your Little Pro said it was only on route for a couple years. His uncle bought it from an operator and his house was apparently quite the bachelor pad. He had it up until a few years ago. Not sure I ever told you or not. I thought that tag was super cool.

1 month later
#727 7 years ago

Hopefully just a mechanical restoration. The cosmetics look pretty solid on it.

1 month later
#738 7 years ago

It's a classic and you still have some wall space left.

1 week later
#761 7 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

I'm going to have to find a beer sign and a Muskie to hang on the wall now

"Northwoods tavern" is my gameroom motif.

4 weeks later
#804 7 years ago

The Wizard Clock has a more convincing disguise than the gumball radio.

WizardClock (resized).jpgWizardClock (resized).jpg

I'm sure generally they didn't really hope to find anything when inspecting for this sort of thing. So even a marginal attempt at camouflage was acceptable.

#806 7 years ago

I like it, but they are expensive.

2 weeks later
#821 7 years ago

I am back in the ball bowler game! Last night I bought a 1957 Bally Strike Bowler. Pretty cool. I'm excited and nervous. It's a pretty solid machine overall. The downside is the broken jones plugs were replaced with individual spade connections. Doh! Anyone have one of these they could take some pics of for me?

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Congrats Alex! Pictures?

I've only got the head home so far. Still need to retrieve the rest. Still not sure where I'm even going to put it. One of the few games the whole family seems to enjoy though. So I guess it's worth shoehorning it in.

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

Way to go Alex! I can't want to see pictures of it when you get all of it home. Nice artwork on the back glass and cool metal ball return rails - it will go great with the rest of your collection.
Is it the contact bowler, or does it have roll over switches?
Congrats,
Brad

This one is a contact bowler. No lane switches. It's in my garage and may have to stay there. You know when your eyes are bigger than your stomach and you order more food than you have room for. Buying this bowler was kind of like that. I will probably start working on it in the weeks ahead then decide what to do with it.

Here's the only pic I have so far. The head is on my porch.

BallyStrike (resized).jpgBallyStrike (resized).jpg

StrikeBowlerFlyer (resized).jpgStrikeBowlerFlyer (resized).jpg

#829 7 years ago

You'd think if a disassembled ball bowler can fit in my Mercury Mountaineer, then an assembled one should fit in my basement. Right?

#833 7 years ago

I haven't measured it officially but it's the 14 foot version. Yes, 4" balls. As far as the glass, it's not perfect but presentable. I figured I'll get it going and then plan from there. If we all fall in love I may upgrade with one from Stl-BB. Or maybe just touch it up and live with it.

I have been down this road before. I had a Bally Challenger (see pic below) that I really liked a lot. A game that my daughter would actually play randomly without asking. That never happened with any of my other games. Anyway my game room felt a bit cramped and at some point I decided selling the ball bowler would really free up some space. So I sold it and then I missed it. And now here I am again. There are a lot of trade offs in this hobby.

I like the idea of a second game room but my garage is 1 car and my wife parks in it. She likes to anyway.

Challenger (resized).jpgChallenger (resized).jpg

#835 7 years ago

Here is a potential modified game room layout that could work. A little tighter than I'd like and it doesn't allow any room for expansion. At the current moment I have an empty slot that could accommodate another pinball. I only have Jungle for my pinball fix currently. Which is ok. But pinball to me is the best bang for the buck entertainment wise. You can usually pick them up fairly cheap so I like to rotate one in and out now and then.

GameroomA0401.pdfGameroomA0401.pdf

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Well, let me know when you want to rotate Jungle out

A guy has been working on me for about a year politely trying to buy it. I keep telling him no but might consider it in the future. I have had over 60 pins and this one for some reason seems to be my one true keeper. It isn't the most fun or prettiest game I have ever owned. It is pretty fun and pretty nice looking but I think what really draws me to it is it's just the most "interesting" overall game I have owned. A good total package.

Quoted from RacingPin:

Here is a real odd ball .. a 1958 Bally Golf Champ. I just got it from an 85 year old gentlemen who had it in his bowling alley in the 70s. The key was lost to the coin door years ago. I drilled it out when I got home and found some silver dimes! The machine doesn't quite work but this thing is basically a really long EM pinball machine (the playfield even lifts up like pinball machine). Should have it running perfectly after I get to some other projects out of the way.
Mike V

That golf game is super cool. I love unique stuff like that.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The Ball Bowler is a keeper for sure IMO. I see a CC basketball game that could be sold to accommodate another pinball machine as you already have the other basketball game, that way you get to keep your Jungle.

They play so different though. Both are really cool. I get more attached to the arcade games. They are harder to find. Jungle isn't really on the table I would just lose my pinball overflow spot. That's not the end of the world it's just kind of nice to have. I do have another spot in the bar area I could stuff one in temporarily. My fear is falling in love with what is supposed to be a temporary game. Ah well first world problems right? Just fun to talk about...

2 months later
#933 6 years ago

1941 Mills Three Bells.

Here's a pic of the header in this link. Very cool but essentially decorative.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=12944

3 weeks later
#961 6 years ago

Ok, this doesn't qualify as a game or a mechanical toy but I felt the need to share. City wide rummage sales today I picked this little baby up for 50 cents. All the pinballs over the years and I have never had the opportunity to pick a machine in my hometown. This little screwdriver will have to do for now.

GottliebScrewdriver (resized).jpgGottliebScrewdriver (resized).jpg

#965 6 years ago

I know a lot of Wisconsin Badger fans and wonder if any of them have that set. Interesting that you would find them locally. I wonder if there are many football fans in Australia?

They will be a nice diner table addition to go next to your Ask Swami napkin holder.

1 month later
#986 6 years ago

Took a day off and picked up this neat little ball bowler today. Fairly rare it seems and pretty nice cosmetically.
Yes, I know I need to stain my house.

IMG_1587 (resized).jpgIMG_1587 (resized).jpg
IMG_1588 (resized).jpgIMG_1588 (resized).jpg
IMG_1589 (resized).jpgIMG_1589 (resized).jpg

#989 6 years ago

8.5" pins, 4" balls. Yes gravity fed ball return. It's weird but I love it. 1955-1956? No data to verify. Possibly United's first ball bowler. I really love ball bowlers but cramming them in my game room is a trick. This one is only 11' long and fairly narrow so I think it will be my best option.

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

One other thing. Is the machine 30V or 50V?

I haven't dug in yet but I think I read 50V.

3 weeks later
#1028 6 years ago

Yeah, looks great Dan. Congrats!

1 week later
#1036 6 years ago

Picked up another little bowler today. Same guy owned it since 1972. Needs a little love but should clean up pretty nice.

BowletteA (resized).jpgBowletteA (resized).jpg

BowletteB (resized).jpgBowletteB (resized).jpg

#1045 6 years ago

Just picked up this neat little cigarette machine this week. I don't smoke but like tobacco related collectibles. Partly because my hometown has a strong history of tobacco production and also because it just looks appropriate in my old school digs.

It's made by a company named Shipman. They made quite a few different vending machines and at least one trade stimulator.

ShipmanCigarette (resized).jpgShipmanCigarette (resized).jpg

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Nice one Alex. A few old packets would look great in the machine.

Yep, that's exactly what it needs. I looked up old unopened packs of cigarettes on Ebay. I was surprised to see some of them sell for more than I paid for the machine.

ebay.com link: 1937 Vintage Pall Mall Red Cigarette Pack Unopened Cellophane Rare

Some candy cigarette packs with vintage style labels will do the trick I think.

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

That is a nice little machine..
Does it say if Shipman is out of Los Angeles, or
maybe has "SMC"?

Yes, Los Angeles.

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I got thinking, and thought maybe "SMC" stood for Shipman Manufacturing Company.
So I googled it in, and found one Art Show like this one from the 50s, and also found
out that they produced a wooden one in the 30s. The company opened in 1932 and
went on into the 60s. I found other vending type machines that they produced, but didn't
spot a cigarette machine like yours. Maybe somewhat rare.. (T)

I think they may be the same company from that era. Here is a badge from a 1937 Hershey's machine.

VINTAGE_5_CENT_HERSHEYS_CANDY_VENDING_MACHINE_1937_ORIGINAL_SHIPMAN_MFG_COMPANY_05_gn (resized).jpgVINTAGE_5_CENT_HERSHEYS_CANDY_VENDING_MACHINE_1937_ORIGINAL_SHIPMAN_MFG_COMPANY_05_gn (resized).jpg

It looks like there is still a SMC in the vending business. Not sure if it is the same one.
https://www.smcelectric.com/smc/vending

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Yes Alex-I really like these old vendors but 'stocking them' seems a real issue. I recently picked up a 'ballpoint pen' vendor but have found it impossible to pick up a thin 5in damn pen which is needed for the machine to operate.

Your situation is a bit worse than mine. If I were to source some vintage cigarette packs they would just sit displayed behind the window. If you manage to find a bunch of old pens for your machine and fill it, some game room visitor may end buying one for a quarter.

5 months later
#1112 6 years ago

We have a a Kotex machine in our downstairs bathroom. Probably not as old as yours and configured a little differently.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Sorry, but I don’t get it....

What having a Kotex machine? Ha. I guess I understand where your coming from. We used to have a condom machine too. We had sort of a vintage gas station bathroom thing going on. Really anything that is vintage and coin-op can be fun to collect.

#1121 6 years ago

You could buy the Madame X metal plate and change it. The plates still come up for sale.

#1124 6 years ago

Yikes, the pressure is on. I've never owned one of these machines. Someone probably has a stash of cards somewhere. Not sure where to look though. I do have a spare IQ plate if that is of any help.

1 week later
#1142 6 years ago

I just picked up this old Northern Electric 3-slot pay phone yesterday. Already wired up and she works. Perfect for the bar area.

Payphone (resized).jpgPayphone (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1149 6 years ago

Wow, super cool!

3 weeks later
#1166 5 years ago

Brought this game home this morning. It plays, just needs a little clean-up. I was thinking how much I missed my '68 Bally World Cup Soccer and happened upon it. Pretty cool, I've never owned a Sega arcade game.

SegaSoccer (resized).jpgSegaSoccer (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1172 5 years ago

I had a meter that was a different style. It came with a key that you used to wind up an internal mech. This may have a similar design?

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Hmm...honestly never seen like that before. This one seems like it winds up ok with a nickel and starts ticking then just gets too weak...a gently touch on the little pendulum (ill call it) only does the trick a few more ticks.
When I'm in a calm, small parts mood...I'll have to further investigate its guts
Thanks for the extra idea Alex

Here's the one I had. Had it for many years. Long gone now but my very first commercial coin-op machine.

ParkMeterB (resized).jpgParkMeterB (resized).jpg

ParkMeterA (resized).jpgParkMeterA (resized).jpg

5 months later
#1295 5 years ago

That is the small Starry Nights sign. I thought someone had reproduced the larger "aged moon to moon" version but I can't find it available anywhere?

Brewskilights.com carries a bunch of Hamm's signs parts but unfortunately not the background you need.

H5779-L108383517 (resized).jpgH5779-L108383517 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

To my knowledge they made the same basic mechanical Skee Ball model for decades up until the mid 1970s. I've read that the same model was made from 1909 on but I'm not convinced.

They may be mechanically the same but the design changed at some point. Here's mine from 1937. Skeeball was owned by Wurlitzer in 1936-1937. They made two models that were slightly different. An electric version and I believe a pure mechanical. Then Philadelphia Toboggan bought Skeeball in 1946. They manufactured the style mentioned above until the 70s.
WurliBall (resized).jpgWurliBall (resized).jpg

#1384 5 years ago

Also I thought I read the earliest Skee Balls were much longer and designed for outdoor use. This may explain why there seem to be no known examples.

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Yes, your's has a good characteristic style Alex. I'd trade mine in for one like yours..
While once receiving parts from Skee Ball, they send me a flyer of a machine that looked very much like yours.
It explained that they reproduced a few in celebration of it's 100th year. I think it was like 4k and change..

I had another one I sold to a friend. At the time I didn't think I could shoehorn it into my tiny basement. After he got it all fixed up and working I realized I made a mistake.

So the hunt was on for another. A guy came to my friends house to buy a jukebox and told him hey I have a buddy that has a couple of those. So with that lead I found mine and made a new coin-op friend. So between the 3 of us we have 3 Wurlitzer Skee Balls. They must have all landed in Wisconsin?

3 weeks later
#1414 5 years ago

Sweet! Congratulations, fun game Hoov.

#1416 5 years ago

Nice. Pinball is hard to beat for day to day play but I always find the EM arcades the most interesting. Hmm, not sure what the best way to repair the players are. I am sure they can be repaired with some success but I know I have seen some replacements for sale on occasion.

Just missed these.
ebay.com link: 1960s Bally World Cup Soccer Game Team Players Figures

1 month later
#1431 5 years ago

Picked this little counter game up at the Chicagoland show today. 1951 Auto-Bell Victory Professional Basket Ball. Like a lot of these the game play won't keep you captivated for hours, but I'm a sucker for the aesthetic.

VictoryBasketball (resized).jpgVictoryBasketball (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1484 4 years ago

1958 Bally All Star Deluxe Bowler. Cool game! I'd describe it as a poor mans Ten Strike but it deserves more credit than that. Used to see these in complete working condition for $800-$1500. Like everything else I'd guess that has gone up over the years.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#1566 4 years ago

While we are on soda machines...here's mine. This may be my most beloved item in my gameroom. It used to be in my dad's motorcycle dealership when I was a kid. I pulled many an ice cold Sun Drop or Dr. Pepper out of it back then. I was fortunate to discover a family member still had it about 28 years after his dealership closed.

SundropMachine (resized).jpgSundropMachine (resized).jpg
#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

It's now exactly where it should be. 100% part of the Family..
Was it at your Dad's Shop for quite some time?
I had the same style 7 Up machine and traded it for the same style Coke machine.
Not as many 7 Ups. Should have kept it..

It was always there as far back as I can remember. I'm sure it was there before I came to be in 1970. It has a Karting International sticker on it. So it may have started at my grandpa's business (Fox Corp.). They made go-karts, snowmobiles and mini-bikes in the 60s.

My dad also had a nice Williams Grand Prix pinball in his shop in the late 70s. I'd love go to work with him on a Saturday. Play pinball, drink soda and ride mini-bikes in the track out front. My childhood was a blast.

5 months later
#1676 4 years ago

Sometimes a burnt lock relay coil gets worked around by adjusting switches closed. This would cause the game to restart in the same state it was in when turned off.

1 month later
#1740 4 years ago

Not really a mechanical toy but my wife wanted to bring the gameroom vibe upstairs. So we ended up driving to Myrtle Beach and back to bring this antique backbar home. This sucker is heavy!

BackBar (resized).JPGBackBar (resized).JPG
#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

Very nice Alex. Really fits in nice with the room.
By the way, that chair sure looks like a genuine "Scotch drinking chair" to me. Just dim the mariner's torch a little and it would be a great place to spend an evening .
Brad

Thanks. Yep, the chair was my grandmas and I believe a fair amount of scotch may have been drank in it over the years. Looking forward to carrying on a family tradition.

4 months later
#1872 3 years ago

Picked up this Norris Master nut machine last week while on vacation. I always thought it was a cool model. One day I may polish up all the aluminum but I spent a couple hours this morning cleaning out a sticky conglomerate of old nuts. Blech. Just happy to have it back together for now.

NorrisMaster (resized).JPGNorrisMaster (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1921 3 years ago

I have never smoked and cigarettes contributed to the death of many a family member. My parents included. Even so I have a bunch of tobacco advertising and memorabilia from the 1930s-1950s. It reminds me of place in time more than anything.

I think most kids understand that having a piece of historical advertising doesn't mean you promote smoking. If you're like me it just blends in with all the other vintage pieces in the house. In my opinion they generally have a good idea of what is healthy or isn't.

With that said I can certainly respect the choice to avoid such representations.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

oh yeah I also try and not focus on hetero-sexy imagery, good point.

I just realized my avatar and peep game it comes from wouldn't cut the mustard then either. And what's on the inside...

Exhibitgames (resized).jpgExhibitgames (resized).jpg

I'd like to argue that seeing this stuff has no influence on a kid. Honestly though my gameroom is drawn from the nostalgia of visiting Northwoods taverns on snowmobiling trips with my parents.

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

So, what's in there?

Well the title says "What's the biggest thing in life, when will you marry and find love in a cottage." You insert a penny and it lights up to reveal a lady in a head scarf and dress bending over a laundry basket in a shabby old yard. It's animated too. The lady bends over to reveal about the biggest dimpled butt you can imagine. The biggest thing in life I guess? My family and friends always found it hilarious but can also see how it could be offensive.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Does that operate like a Mutoscope machine? (Reel of cards that turn)

No it's a little figure with a cardboard backdrop. More like a automaton meets diorama.

1 year later
#2113 2 years ago

I know of a Double Decker that could probably be bought for the right amount. There is an antique dealer that has some amazing stuff but his shop is more like a museum with high retail prices. He had a Bally Aladin's Castle marked at $7000. I've never seen his Double Decker priced. So my gut tells me, if you have to ask ...

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Double Decker pushers have been selling for like 2100 UKP in Britain so who knows. There were just over 100 made apparently, who knows how many remain.

I have bought from this dealer's shop before. He also gave my friend some deals on some signs after he told him his prices were to high. So there is always a possibility. You never know.

My wife and I were looking for an antique backbar at one time. We asked if they had any and they did. His wife took us in the back where their living quarters were and they had a real nice one. It was $10k though and I would have had to cut it down a couple inches to fit our space. Anyway, the Double Decker was sitting back there at the time. It started in the retail space got moved into his personal space and now I think is back out on the floor. The fact that it's never been priced and he had it in his personal space leads me to believe he knows it's special. Speculation on my part though...

If this is something someone wants to check into PM and I will give you the info.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

yeah I know Ted too, I think he said his bottom is $3500 on the double decker with like $4500 on the price tag

Yep, he's the guy. $3500 isn't so bad if they go for close to over $3k overseas and you don't have to ship. When I first saw it I thought wow is that badass. I'm fairly cheap though so I could never justify it personally.

3 weeks later
#2126 2 years ago

Don't really have room but couldn't pass up this J.F. Frantz Gold Nugget.

GoldNugget (resized).jpgGoldNugget (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Wow Alex, looks sweet! That’s the good stuff.
Hope all’s well and Happy Holidays

Thanks Buddy! All is good, hoping the same for you. Happy Holidays! Can't believe Christmas is next week already?

1 week later
#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’ve got the older 10 cent US Marshal. It’s always a favorite of guests who visit my game room. The first couple of targets aren’t too hard to hit. After that it gets very challenging.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours is like the version I remember playing as a kid. My dad would take me for lunch at the local pool hall/arcade. Have a grilled hot dog, play some pinball or arcade games and hit the US Marshal on the way out. It was near the door and always seemed like a bargain at ten cents when everything else was a quarter.

I can tell from just a couple pics I'd love your gameroom. Neat mix of cool stuff.

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

This was acquired (at no cost) out of a nearby barn. Any thoughts, words of advice, condolences?
[quoted image]

Years ago I picked one up in similar condition. Mine had the basketball catcher so I bought an NOS Long Shot glass for it. It looks like yours has the Pot of Gold catcher with a Kicker Catcher (football themed) glass. So I guess you could go either way with it depending on what parts you can source.

This seller had a lot of parts when I had mine. http://www.esnarf.com/pa.htm
looks like all the glasses are gone but other parts still available. Crowriver.com may have parts as well.

Pretty fun for a trade stimulator as there is an element of skill involved. Price was right!

LongShot (resized).jpgLongShot (resized).jpg
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

We have 3 pinball machines, which are a little intimidating to non-player guests. The little kicker/catcher seems like it has enough random action to allow neophytes to have fun.

My grandson has limited interest in my pinballs. He'd rather play his X-Box but when he was little he'd come down and play the Long Shot while I was working on stuff.

3 weeks later
#2190 2 years ago

Most Bueschel books for me are the adult equivalent of the Sears Wish Book.

4 months later
#2242 1 year ago

Just picked up this 1962 United Bonus Baseball this week. Could be very cool. Hoping I can get it going. It's got a lot of cut/spliced wires, missing coils and hacks to test my patience.

IMG_2382 (resized).jpgIMG_2382 (resized).jpg
#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Nice machine.
That Hamms sign in the background is awesome!

Thanks! I love vintage beer/motion signs. I have fond childhood memories of the Northwoods bars my family would stop at on snowmobile trips. The games signs etc. are a large part nostalgia inspired from those days.

3 months later
#2302 1 year ago

Very cool Wayne. I know you will do an awesome job restoring it. Most rotary merchandisers I've seen in this style were made by Exhibit Supply. Neat to see a Gottlieb version.

#2304 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

Also got a rotary merchandiser project recently. Some ding-dong sawed a hole in the front to put in the 90s era coin mech, and covered all sides in orange formica (albeit he did a good job). The chrome is peeling off the rotary part and she ain't going to win any beauty contests so was thinking of putting orange felt on the top!
[quoted image]

I have seen your skills. That modern coin door has to go. You can bring this one back to glory.

#2306 1 year ago

I brought this cool oddball home this weekend. 1967 Crompton's Star Soccer. Interestingly I had a 1970 Sega Soccer a couple years back that was essentially the same game. They are both very similar with some minor cosmetic/electrical design differences. This one has Nixie tube score displays! That is a first for me.

StarSoccerA (resized).jpgStarSoccerA (resized).jpgStarSoccerB (resized).jpgStarSoccerB (resized).jpgStarSoccerC (resized).jpgStarSoccerC (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2325 1 year ago

Early birthday present from my wife. 1935 Exhibit Supply I.O.U. trade stimulator.

IOU (resized).jpgIOU (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2338 1 year ago

Help! My wife is stealing my games. Last week she decided we should set up the Skee ball in the living room. Crazy but ok. This weekend she nabbed my Set Shot basketball. She mostly just likes how they look. Anyway I agree they look better upstairs.

IMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0400 (resized).jpgIMG_0400 (resized).jpg

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Basketball looks cool. Who made it?

It was manufactured by Richman Corp in 1952. Branded and sold by Mike Munves.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

what year is that skee ball, and does it have a ticket dispenser? If not, what's on the left side at the front?

1937 Wurlitzer. No ticket dispenser on this one. There is a small tray on the left. A good place to put nickels but I also heard it may be an ash tray?

Quoted from MarkG:

I'm curious, if you miss all the pockets and the ball falls into the Free Play area, does it come back to the player? Also, is the scoring done with the traditional Rolodex style score keeper?

Yes, if you land in the free play area the ball rolls down the left side to be played again. Yes, it has rolodex scoring. I think it may be very similar or possibly identical to the Philadelphia Toboggan models.

Quoted from Mopar:

Skee Ball in the (I believe 70s) made a conversion kit to replace the pull
handle on the mechanical Skee Balls and the cable would be pulled by a
motor, so all that was needed was to drop in a quarter.
Is your machine possibly motorized when dropping in a Nickle?

This one resets on the drop of a nickel. It has a motor that resets the rolodex and releases the balls.

1 week later
#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Through the years I have pulled out some more common stuff, to less common. A mixture of pins, and arcades, but I know we don’t care about pins here so…….

Awesome stuff! I always feel like pins are the best bang for the buck entertainment wise. These cool old arcades are what get me the most excited. They are more interesting to collect.

1 month later
#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

There available again on eBay from Canada.
ebay.com link: itm

I think that's Mike Hasanov in Illinois. He does a lot of high end restorations and often has parts made to complete them.

4 months later
#2479 8 months ago

It's a little tight but I managed to squeeze in the 4 Bagger this weekend.

4Baggerin (resized).jpeg4Baggerin (resized).jpeg
#2481 8 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yup, that's pretty tight!

Organizing the gameroom is a game of inches...

I was considering selling the US Marshal to make some room. My wife said ah, you can make it fit. Ok?! As long as people don't play 21 and Frontiersman at the same time it's fine. They still could but would be touching hands. Ha ha.

#2483 8 months ago
Quoted from johninc:

What if you put the pitch and bat in between the two pins?

That would give a little more hand space. It's about the same length as the Shooting Gallery. I kind of like the shorter games toward the middle of the room. Makes it feel a little more open. It's fine for now. Other than Thanksgiving and Christmas it's mostly just me that plays.

1 week later
#2490 8 months ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Basically, disassembled the whole thing and it took up a garage parking space. Brought it into the basement in pieces and assembled it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I didn't realized these are lighted? Or is that something you added?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.