(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Anyone know what this is worth? It works.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d buy the shroud around the pins and the glass piece underneath them. (Only missing items on mine )

Would love to have the room for a ball bowler but we’ll take what we get!

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I’d buy the shroud around the pins and the glass piece underneath them.

The shroud around the pins you can make out of .060 (1/16") lexsand.
It's much stronger than plexi, and it can bend almost to a point.
1/4" plexi won't droop in the center. 3/16" maybe a little. If 1/4" plexi
slides in the side grooves, that works great for below the pins.
All the ball bowlers I use the lexand, and I actually used the lexsand on a
United Shuffle with the 8" pins that I restored this past Spring..
Edit: I might add, I noticed the glass was missing from the 1954 Shuffle.
I took that pic before the glass was completed that my Graphic Designer
made..

IMG_0171 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_1240 (resized).JPGIMG_1240 (resized).JPG

IMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPG

#2053 3 years ago

So does anyone know what I should set the price at?

#2054 3 years ago

Buying or selling? Are you including the dimes?

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Quoted from RonSS:

Are you including the dimes?

Also, are the dimes vintage? Maybe old Mercuries? Makes a huge difference in pricing..

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Buying or selling? Are you including the dimes?

LOL- Selling and Yes they are Mercury Dimes

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Okay. A little more serious.
If the machine works well (best if freshened up) and plays flawlessly, I'd ask
$500.00 You may be able to get more from some, but if you want to just let it go,
asking $500.00 is very fair to someone that has interest providing that it works
properly..
I myself would put on original pins (only because I have some), and sell or trade
it for more than $500.00, but the way it sits, I'd go with $500.00
Now after saying that, some may say "EM Shuffles aren't worth $500.00" and others
may say "It's in pretty decent shape and has Flash. He should be able to get more
than $500.00 for it". So that's my take on it..

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

The shroud around the pins you can make out of .060 (1/16") lexsand.
It's much stronger than plexi, and it can bend almost to a point.
1/4" plexi won't droop in the center. 3/16" maybe a little. If 1/4" plexi
slides in the side grooves, that works great for below the pins.
All the ball bowlers I use the lexand, and I actually used the lexsand on a
United Shuffle with the 8" pins that I restored this past Spring..
Edit: I might add, I noticed the glass was missing from the 1954 Shuffle.
I took that pic before the glass was completed that my Graphic Designer
made..
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think you gave me those instructions before mopar but I’m still the same dumbass and there’s no way in hell I could make anything like that presentable lol.

Mine are the 6” pins The bottom glass has the metal trim I guess for protection?

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Mine are the 6” pins The bottom glass has the metal trim I guess for protection?

Yes, I too believe the metal trim is for protection. I also believe the glass is
tempered, so protection on an edge would be a good thing..
6" pin bowler. That's an early 50s shuffle. I like those vintage machines.
I actually have a Chicago Coin ball bowler with 6" pins. It's a 1951. Instead
of a ball return rail, it bounces back like a shuffle and when returned it falls in
a pouch. I have it tucked away. I forgot I had that. I'm finishing off an additional
game room. I'm going to have to dig it out and set that little baby up..
btw: I might have a beat up shroud around that fits your bowler. If I find it I
can take exact measurements if you think that might help for you to make one.
Lexan cuts pretty easy with a vinyl siding snippers..

#2060 3 years ago

Also come with the manual!

EAB0DEAB-C0ED-44A4-B217-BAB89566C152 (resized).jpegEAB0DEAB-C0ED-44A4-B217-BAB89566C152 (resized).jpeg
#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Also come with the manual!

The funny thing is, it states Rainbow, but the machine on the manual
looks to be different than yours. Different backglass and has no Flash..
Does your machine also have the schematics (wiring diagram)?

#2062 3 years ago

Ok, so dimes......

I'm in agreement with Mopar about a $500 listing. It says "I'd like to sell this, not just look at my ad."

Have you checked your local CL/FB ads for similar machines? My rule of thumb is generally ask a little less than seems average for a similar machine if I just need the space. It beats the back and forth haggling.

#2063 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the info.

2 weeks later
#2064 3 years ago

Picked up a Bally Bank-Ball head over the weekend. I am on the hunt for a lane. anyone that has one, or knows of one, please PM me.

96C0E0A4-C9B5-44E6-AF00-C0883432AD91 (resized).jpeg96C0E0A4-C9B5-44E6-AF00-C0883432AD91 (resized).jpeg

#2065 3 years ago

high-res flyer scans recently posted, good enough for printing:
Midway's Duck Hunt https://archive.org/details/midways-duck-hunt-midway-flyer
Chicago Coin's Coney Island Rifle https://archive.org/details/coney-island-rifle-chicago-coin-flyer

2 weeks later
#2066 3 years ago

I think the first substantial purchase I ever made as a teenager was a HMV Nipper 45 battery powered record player. Not sure what ever happened to that machine. Anyhow a fairly beat up non working one recently came up on ebay which I purchased.

n5 (resized).jpgn5 (resized).jpg

n6 (resized).jpgn6 (resized).jpg

Was able to download a schematic from the UK and got the unit working with a 45 'Call Me by Blondie' from the local recycling Centre. Then attended to the cosmetics using a vinyl filler and spray. Replaced the carry strap with a dog collar from KMart! They are a neat little unit although sound quality is not exactly pristine.

canon10042021 002 (resized).JPGcanon10042021 002 (resized).JPG

canon10042021 003 (resized).JPGcanon10042021 003 (resized).JPG

canon10042021 004 (resized).JPGcanon10042021 004 (resized).JPG

#2067 3 years ago

I picked up 5 Bally Roadrunners with the hopes of making 3 complete machines. My friend has been recapping the boards and going through them. Hope to get them up and running soon. One is working 99%.
If you have never seen one of these, the car you control is actually a hologram. Whe. You crash, the car appears to flip over in mid air.

EF848FD4-C643-4193-AAD3-0613193452E6 (resized).jpegEF848FD4-C643-4193-AAD3-0613193452E6 (resized).jpeg
#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

I picked up 5 Bally Roadrunners with the hopes of making 3 complete machines. My friend has been recapping the boards and going through them. Hope to get them up and running soon. One is working 99%.
If you have never seen one of these, the car you control is actually a hologram. Whe. You crash, the car appears to flip over in mid air.
[quoted image]

Are you planning on selling any of them upon completion?

#2069 3 years ago

Anyone have a spare 8ft ball bowler lane?
For a chi coin any condition in the Ohio area

Just the front throwing lane
Thanks pm me

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Anyone have a spare 8ft ball bowler lane?
For a chi coin any condition in the Ohio area
Just the front throwing lane
Thanks pm me

a few years ago somebody on ebarf had all kinds of ball bowlers, but i can't remember who.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

a few years ago somebody on ebarf had all kinds of ball bowlers, but i can't remember who.

Yeah I got a ball bowler from him
Just need the front lane part

#2072 3 years ago

Anyone played one of these before? I may pick one up shortly. Looks like it would be a fun multi-player game. Any idea on how much they may go for $$ for in good condition?

#2073 3 years ago

I have a Deluxe Derby Roll (not sure what the differences are). I've had it 10+ years and think it's a pretty fun EM game. Takes up more space than a pinball but interesting and something different.

#2074 3 years ago

In good condition, I'd think 1200-1500. Off the beaten path games like this are fun to find and own.

1 week later
#2075 2 years ago

Looking for a chime bell coil for a big ball bowler
Believe made by Williams
C-27- 1300
Please pm me if you have one

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Looking for a chime bell coil for a big ball bowler
Believe made by Williams
C-27- 1300
Please pm me if you have one

Did you try Steve Young?
http://www.pbresource.com/coilwms.html
$10

#2077 2 years ago

Saw it was hoping someone had one laying around
Guess will buy from there

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Are you planning on selling any of them upon completion?

Out of the 5 machines, i was able to get 3 working games. I’m keeping one, my friend that worked on them is keeping another and 1 is for sale or trade. If anyone is interested , message me.

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone played one of these before? I may pick one up shortly. Looks like it would be a fun multi-player game. Any idea on how much they may go for $$ for in good condition?

Back in the early/mid 90s, I put out wanted ads in small town Pennysavers and got a
call that an old Army Depot (now a state park) had old arcade machines for sale and
wanted them out of there. For $100.00 I picked up like 5 machines from the 50s with
one being a Derby Roll. My room (at the time) was limited, so I traded that one. Years
later, since I was having a Time Trials shipped in and shipping two machines cost about
the same, I bought another Derby Roll for $1,800.00 I have that one set up and it may
not be the liking for everyone, but I have Friends that do enjoy playing it.
If you did pick it up and decid you didn't care for it, I know someone that's looking
for one so maybe I'd trade or buy that one from you.
If you have the extra room, it may be a machine you'd like to keep..
btw: If the backglass has issues, I had that one made. It came out beautiful.
My Graphic designer has it on file..

#2080 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Back in the early/mid 90s, I put out wanted ads in small town Pennysavers and got a
call that an old Army Depot (now a state park) had old arcade machines for sale and
wanted them out of there. For $100.00 I picked up like 5 machines from the 50s with
one being a Derby Roll. My room (at the time) was limited, so I traded that one. Years
later, since I was having a Time Trials shipped in and shipping two machines cost about
the same, I bought another Derby Roll for $1,800.00 I have that one set up and it may
If you did pick it up and decid you didn't care for it, I know someone that's looking

Mopar, any chance you've got your CCM Bulls Eye Baseball on file?

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Mopar, any chance you've got your CCM Bulls Eye Baseball on file?

Sorry Ron. I didn't have Bulls Eye Baseball done. On mine, I put in the proper
colored light bulbs in the right spots, and it did the trick pretty decently..

2 weeks later
#2082 2 years ago

Bally Spinner up for sale in California ebay.com link: itm

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Bally Spinner up for sale in California ebay.com link: itm

That's a fun game, especially at parties.

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Could you take a guess on what one would be worth in good working condition?

#2085 2 years ago

This was a fun one I came across over the weekend. Possibly for sale. Pretty cool, and massive.
12F43A98-9A47-4239-B9DE-1B44B9E9B1A6 (resized).jpeg12F43A98-9A47-4239-B9DE-1B44B9E9B1A6 (resized).jpegC64E12C2-E5EA-427D-9173-35959A050D1F (resized).jpegC64E12C2-E5EA-427D-9173-35959A050D1F (resized).jpegE3C1330F-EB7C-44E6-9F24-30CBB6469BB0 (resized).jpegE3C1330F-EB7C-44E6-9F24-30CBB6469BB0 (resized).jpegE47F7822-EDDC-4E34-B2E6-7CD053F21CF4 (resized).jpegE47F7822-EDDC-4E34-B2E6-7CD053F21CF4 (resized).jpeg

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Could you take a guess on what one would be worth in good working condition?

Maybe 12 or so years back, I paid $1,800.00 for the Derby Roll I presently have,
and it was non-working, but I knew after going through it, it would be fine.
I picked it up from a Friend, and he charged what I believe is the same he paid for it.
If I had to guess, I'd say asking $2,200.00 - $2,500.00 for a decent working one would
be a fair price, but for sure, if someone is specifically looking for one, one could easily
go for maybe quite a bit more..
If you did pick it up and later decided to let it go, I'd maybe see about working out a trade
deal with you. I know someone looking for one, but it may be something you'd like to keep.
The only two that I've seen in person are the two that I've owned..

#2087 2 years ago

This was a fun one I came across over the weekend. Possibly for sale. Pretty cool, and massive.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Never seen one other than in a flyer. They are massive

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Very cool. Never seen one other than in a flyer. They are massive

Cedar Point's main arcade had two of them. IIRC, Peck's Nu Pike collection includes one or something similar....

#2089 2 years ago

Whoa, vacuum tube amplifier! I never realized they used those on arcades back then. Makes sense in hindsight though.

2 months later
#2090 2 years ago

Wow, that comment was a threadkiller? BUMP!

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey Guys, i'm still looking for a copy of the Sega Night Rider manual. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated as these things seem extremely hard to find in the wild.

Annnndddd still looking
Happy to pay for a scanned copy...hell even a photographed manual page by page would be great too!!

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Annnndddd still looking
Happy to pay for a scanned copy...hell even a photographed manual page by page would be great too!!

Check with Mike Pacak. I think he goes by MikePin here.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Check with Mike Pacak. I think he goes by MikePin here.

He might be at Allentown today.

#2094 2 years ago

I wanted get some opinions on what tge best EM arcade games are. Not necessarily the rarest, just the most fun to play.

#2095 2 years ago

I have a late 50's Bally bowler that I've been chasing a scoring gremlin on. On occasion, when scoring 20+ points (spare + strike or after a double), it will score 10 extra points.

Could find nothing electrically wrong so jumpered the wire driving the 10's score reel coil to a coil of a reel on an unused player.

Turns out it's a mechanical with the player one 10's reel as the one I jumpered to does not score extra.

Spring I'm assuming? Any other ideas?

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I have a late 50's Bally bowler that I've been chasing a scoring gremlin on. On occasion, when scoring 20+ points (spare + strike or after a double), it will score 10 extra points.
Could find nothing electrically wrong so jumpered the wire driving the 10's score reel coil to a coil of a reel on an unused player.
Turns out it's a mechanical with the player one 10's reel as the one I jumpered to does not score extra.
Spring I'm assuming? Any other ideas?

Gummed up grease on the axle shift for the ratchet arm.

Added over 3 years ago:

Shaft, not shift...

#2097 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Gummed up grease on the axle shift for the ratchet arm.

Thanks. I'll get them cleaned up and see what happens.

2 weeks later
#2098 2 years ago

It has been brought to my attention that a “collector” has been making his rounds online trying to buy games. This individual represents himself at Marc Berman or handle Marc1234 here on pinside.

Any individuals in the hobby are warned to stay away from any dealing with this individual due to false interest in buying games and cannot come up with a legitimate way to pay for them. Essentially ending the transaction in berating amount of verbiage that I cannot share with this group.

I know of at least 3 other collectors that have had similar interactions with this individual. It is recommended to not deal with him. Any of you guys, please chime in with your experiences to please keep an upstanding integrity in this hobby/group. This will be cross posted to the EM arcades group, as well as pinside.

#2099 2 years ago

It has been brought to my attention that a “collector” has been making his rounds online trying to buy games. This individual represents himself at Marc Berman.
Any individuals in the hobby are warned to stay away from any dealing with this individual due to false interest in buying games and cannot come up with a legitimate way to pay for them. Essentially ending the transaction in berating amount of verbiage that I cannot share with this group.
I know of at least 3 other collectors that have had similar interactions with this individual. It is recommended to not deal with him. Any of you guys, please chime in with your experiences to please keep an upstanding integrity in this hobby/group. This will be cross posted to the EM arcades group, as well as pinside.

Never underestimate the power of boredom i guess. Thanks for the heads up.

2 months later
#2100 2 years ago

I have a 1958 Chicago Coin Rocket Shuffle for sale or trade. The game is in excellent cosmetic condition but will need to be shopped out. It is complete. I can ship it anywhere with the carrier of your choice . $500 or best offer. Open to trades of EM pins or arcade. It is located in Manahawkin NJ. 08050

AFE6F250-E7AA-4E7D-9795-856514FCE2A3 (resized).jpegAFE6F250-E7AA-4E7D-9795-856514FCE2A3 (resized).jpeg65E2F99A-34F7-4482-BFE7-404569CE0F27 (resized).jpeg65E2F99A-34F7-4482-BFE7-404569CE0F27 (resized).jpeg8D6F1C2E-3F3B-435D-A240-ECB774559BFD (resized).jpeg8D6F1C2E-3F3B-435D-A240-ECB774559BFD (resized).jpeg9E7023D9-4D18-4957-AE08-5024518F8E28 (resized).jpeg9E7023D9-4D18-4957-AE08-5024518F8E28 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom/page/42?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.