(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.
#2001 3 years ago

I don't think so. I got it locally in south central pa from a couple that was retiring and downsizing houses. They said their kids used to love playing it but none wanted to move the heavy thing to their places.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

1969 United Laguna is always a hit for get togethers. Especially for people that don't care for (or are no good at) the pinball selection. Some of the ball bowlers in this thread make me wish I had more room but this fits the bill nicely and no gutter balls lol

Minus: Not a ball bowler

Plus: Bikini babes on backglass

Seems like a fair trade-off.

#2003 3 years ago

Finally got my Sea Raider working 100%! Need a scan for the lower backglass now

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Finally got my Sea Raider working 100%! Need a scan for the lower backglass now
[quoted image]

please check the coinbox in your Sea Raider, it may have $16.75 of my money in it.

#2005 3 years ago

new arrival! a Mills high-top slot machine from around 1940
20210105_220955.jpg20210105_220955.jpg

If you appreciate purely mechanical devices, you absolutely need to get a mechanical slot machine. What a wonderous piece of engineering.
I only wanted one American slot machine in my collection. I did my research and found the Mills art-deco style of that era to be 100% what I was looking for.
But then these come in a variety of paint jobs, and this was my #1 choice of colours. I'm so happy to get it.
Gambling machines have minimal utility for a "game room", but this is simultaneously a display piece, a functional coinop machine, and an incredible show-piece of engineering. It's super easy to open them up and show off the internals.

20210105_220946.jpg20210105_220946.jpg

It is so lovely that it gets the prestige distinction of being the only machine to live outside the game room.

#2006 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with my Shuffle Targette game. Given that these are a bit esoteric and more like the old bowlers than the typical EM pinball game, I figured I would post the link to the topic I started in the EM Tech support area. I'm hoping some of the old bowler gurus may be able to provide some insight. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-venus-shuffle-targette-intermittent-issue#post-6063287

#2007 3 years ago

new arrival! a Mills high-top slot machine from around 1940....If you appreciate purely mechanical devices, you absolutely need to get a mechanical slot machine. What a wonderous piece of engineering. I only wanted one American slot machine in my collection. I did my research and found the Mills art-deco style of that era....

I recently restored a similar machine, the Black Beauty. Amazing internals, smooth as the day it was built. Restored several antique slots over the years.
black_beauty-1 (resized).jpgblack_beauty-1 (resized).jpg

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I recently restored a similar machine, the Black Beauty. Amazing internals, smooth as the day it was built. Restored several antique slots over the years.
[quoted image]

aren't they just dreamy?
And such a pleasure to work on.

#2009 3 years ago

WILLIAM Strike Master Shuffle Ally Bowling game.
Boonton NJ $799
Needs work
Hi I am selling my William Strike Master Shuffle Ally Bowling Game. This is a really nice machine ready for a new home. Has a few problems that I know of. I needs new board as acid leaked from batteries. I was told that this should fix sound issues as well. It also needs microswitch for start button. It is missing one prong that is designed to slide the puck over to bring pins up. It also need a new spring for one pin because it doesn't bring pin up all the way and the sound does not work which with the board being replaced should work. Also has small cosmetic signs of wear. If you can fix this the machine is worth a lot more. I just do not have time to fix to try to fix it. If your interested in this bowling game please reach out to me with questions or an offer. I also have many more pictures of the machine if you would like them let me know. I could only put 10 on listing. Please reach out for if your interested in buying the bowlimg game. Thank you again and have a nice day. Would consider trading for a few kayaks.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from dkatgs:

Congrats on the 5 Star Bowler! They are well built and yours looks to be in a lot better shape than mine was. Just finished restoring a 16 foot United 5 Star bowler so if you have any questions let me know. Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Dave
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a 13’ 5-Star pending restoration and hoping to get to it by the end of 2021! Exceptional work on your resto!

OHEMIO

#2011 3 years ago

Completed full resto of a Mills 1940s Vest Pocket PLUS trade stimulator - serial no 47468. Restored to original colours and now fully operational. Unique coin payout (x6 variations) on these through a coin silo (holds 39 nickels). This is the later PLUS version which includes a jackpot counter to facilitate providing additional player incentive and check on number of jackpots paid.

canon15012021 001 (resized).JPGcanon15012021 001 (resized).JPG

canon15012021 002 (resized).JPGcanon15012021 002 (resized).JPG

canon15012021 003 (resized).JPGcanon15012021 003 (resized).JPG

canon16012021 001 (resized).JPGcanon16012021 001 (resized).JPG

canon16012021 003 (resized).JPGcanon16012021 003 (resized).JPG

#2012 3 years ago

Anyone want to buy this in NW Ohio? Missing “lockdown” bar (or whatever you call the front piece that’s missing!)

040D87D7-C636-4FDB-8A5D-9A002CCB71F0 (resized).jpeg040D87D7-C636-4FDB-8A5D-9A002CCB71F0 (resized).jpeg
#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

Nice machine!
I have a few nickel slots. The Mills Horsehead bonus has the cool feature where you collect letters in order to collect a bonus jackpot payout. Pretty cool feature designed to keep someone playing longer.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2014 3 years ago

My buddy and I used to play these Rotary Merchandisers at Geneva-on-the-lake, OH all the time when we were young (mid-1970s).

I knew I had to get one for my gameroom. Found this in Utah from a guy whose dad had it in his arcade. As soon as he got the Rotary Merchadisers, he would paint them with an art deco theme. He was nice enough to send me some original literature and pictures of the machine in the arcade. Had to be from the 60s. I've thought about stripping the paint as I'm sure the oak underneath is in pristine shape, but I kind of like keeping it as it was back in the day.

Rotary 1 (resized).jpgRotary 1 (resized).jpgRotary 2 (resized).jpgRotary 2 (resized).jpg
#2015 3 years ago

Chippewa-Pin That’s really cool. Looks like it’s a 1930’s design just by looking at that cool prize door. That vertical push chute needs replaced with a horizontal chute to match the era of the machine.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

chippewa-pin That’s really cool. Looks like it’s a 1930’s design just by looking at that cool prize door. That vertical push chute needs replaced with a horizontal chute to match the era of the machine.

Thanks! I can't find anything inside to get an exact year, but I figured it was from the 50s. Even cooler if it's from the 30s.

Would love to get a horizontal chute. Any idea where I could get one?

#2017 3 years ago

I think I might have one. Don’t recall what coinage it is. It’s either a nickel or a quarter but if I snagged it, it’s because it’s old and most likely a nickel. I’ll check the warehouse tomorrow. When I find it I’ll shoot you a PM.

#2018 3 years ago

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=5128

Check this out. Looks like your machine is Exhibit Supply’s Rotary Merchandiser made from 1931-1939

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from WGPE:

Anyone want to buy this in NW Ohio? Missing “lockdown” bar (or whatever you call the front piece that’s missing!)
[quoted image]

I see tons of shuffle bowlers for sale, people asking anywhere from get it out of my basement to several thousand dollars.
I question how many actually sell.
I helped my buddy move a United shuffle once and it was the heaviest thing I've ever moved. So many EM guts.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Nice machine!
I have a few nickel slots. The Mills Horsehead bonus has the cool feature where you collect letters in order to collect a bonus jackpot payout. Pretty cool feature designed to keep someone playing longer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Mills with the B-O-N-U-S feature is my favorite model.

#2021 3 years ago

Here's something different
20210113_143111 (resized).jpg20210113_143111 (resized).jpg

I bought a 1978 10¥ machine from Japan
http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2021/01/introducing-circus.html

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=5128
Check this out. Looks like your machine is Exhibit Supply’s Rotary Merchandiser made from 1931-1939

Thank you so much! That chute was bugging me but I couldn't find anything from doing searches.

Wow. I didn't realize it was that old. That sure looks like the one I have!

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I see tons of shuffle bowlers for sale, people asking anywhere from get it out of my basement to several thousand dollars.
I helped my buddy move a United shuffle once and it was the heaviest thing I've ever moved. So many EM guts.

When I started my search for a ball bowler I ran across many shuffle ads, so I did a little research here: pinrepair.com

My ball bowler is a shit ton of fun, but takes up real estate! I can see where a shuffle would be more convenient and realistic.

My guess is they have had a slight resurgence in desirability due to lock downs??? I've seen several as well. And continue to see the same ads unless they are under $500.

#2024 3 years ago

I had 2 shuffle bowlers that I had to bundle with a Keeny ball bowler to get rid of them... This was before COVID. Both shuffles were in good shape and just needed the steppers gone through. The ball bowler was in good shape but untested. I had lots of people that just wanted that ball bowler but I told them it was a package deal and they backed out. Finally someone took me up on all 3 and got rid of them all for $400. A slight loss on the 2 shuffles but it was worth the space I gained.

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Yes extremely heavy and usually odd and oblong
From my experience they are hard to get rid of
You might luck out and find someone who loves it and willing to buy one for 400-1000

I never paid much for them and most of the time they were near free but had to move them.

The worst was halfway up the steps with the em part guy says oops I forgot I installed this door trim there. I guess 20 years go by you don’t realize it until your body’s Aching and quaking and your rubbing, lol

We got it out but it was super ugly
And let’s put it this way

If I saw one free cherry and fully working I’d probably hesitate and have to think about it lol

#2026 3 years ago

I never paid more then 200 for any shuffle bowler. I have had 3. Sold the 2 and kept one. Especially if its in a basement. All and all I did ok with Bowlers. Have a nice 16' Ball bowler and my shuffle is at a friends house. Once you have a ball the shuffle seems silly if you don't have the space.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Completed full resto of a Mills 1940s Vest Pocket PLUS trade stimulator - serial no 47468. Restored to original colours and now fully operational. Unique coin payout (x6 variations) on these through a coin silo (holds 39 nickels). This is the later PLUS version which includes a jackpot counter to facilitate providing additional player incentive and check on number of jackpots paid.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s awesome, Wayne. I didn’t realize these little guys were payouts. I like the understated looks. Better to fool the police I suppose (not that I condone that of course.
Similar to the IMP where the flap conceals the reels, but it has an actual payout.
I see it said this is probably the smallest payout slot machine ever produced... and it’s 80 some years old! I may have to keep my eyes out for one.
Very nice job with the resto, as usual

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

That’s awesome, Wayne. I didn’t realize these little guys were payouts. I like the understated looks. Better to fool the police I suppose (not that I condone that of course.
Similar to the IMP where the flap conceals the reels, but it has an actual payout.
I see it said this is probably the smallest payout slot machine ever produced... and it’s 80 some years old! I may have to keep my eyes out for one.
Very nice job with the resto, as usual

Thanks for your kind comments Dave. I suspect that because the Mills Vest Pocket is a less attractive cosmetically trade stimulator they tend to be underestimated. Certainly the multiple payout of nickels through an ingenious designed payout silo is quite a piece of mechanical engineering in such a small machine. This is a better pic of the payouts under the flap (on the PLUS model).

canon21012021 002 (resized).JPGcanon21012021 002 (resized).JPG

I also have an earlier model (non PLUS) which I prefer mainly because of its camouflaged appearance. This was originally finished in WW11 wrinkled 'radio green'. That colour in wrinkle finish is no longer available so I refinished in x3 stages - black wrinkle; grey primer; green match finish.

canon19012021 012 (resized).JPGcanon19012021 012 (resized).JPG

These seem to come up on ebay fairly regularly and decent ones tend to go for $US300-400 (make sure it includes the original coinbox which can go for $US100 alone.

vpcb1 (resized).jpgvpcb1 (resized).jpg

#2029 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics and info.
Yes, the green one is very ‘camouflaged’ for sure. Pretty neat considering what a high tech little wonder they were at the time.

#2030 3 years ago

What does everyone use to clean and relub steppers....I see super lubes come up a couple times. What's everyones opinion and process, I'm starting a bowler in the near future

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What does everyone use to clean and relub steppers....I see super lubes come up a couple times. What's everyones opinion and process, I'm starting a bowler in the near future

Rubbing alcohol to clean and silicon grease to lube.

#2032 3 years ago

What does everyone use to clean and relub steppers.</blocgreasekquote>

Years back I had ball bowlers out and used a lithium grease, and after time, it would somewhat
gum up, so over the grease I applied a thin film of Remmington Gun oil which contains teflon
and it did the trick. But now Super Lube for me is the way to go. On very tiny wiper boards with
tiny wipers I only apply a film of the Remmington Gun oil..

https://www.zoro.com/super-lube-8-oz-multipurpose-grease-tube-translucent-white-97008/i/G5121742/feature-product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping%20feed&utm_content=free%20google%20shopping%20clicks&gclid=CjwKCAiA6aSABhApEiwA6Cbm_2nEW0gBYcPBb91vruGzLf4OPvdE4DgCEFeE0gLs-J7eFz0l2kRHuxoCgQ8QAvD_BwE

#2034 3 years ago

Is there anywhere to get custom balls for a bowler?

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Check with Chris at St Louis Ball Bowlers

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What size Balls are you looking for, 4.5"?
I still have a few from when I picked up some over runs
quite a few years back. Also a ways back, I had 3" balls
made for small ball bowlers.

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Try here https://epcomfg.com/mini-bowling/

#2038 3 years ago

St. Louis Ball Bowlers

#2039 3 years ago

EM precursor to the Video Poker Machines....Jokerball!

JB2 (resized).jpegJB2 (resized).jpegJB3 (resized).jpegJB3 (resized).jpegJB6 (resized).jpegJB6 (resized).jpeg
#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from JojoButterbean:

EM precursor to the Video Poker Machines....Jokerball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hank and Marcine (Iggy) were always on the cutting edge....

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from JojoButterbean:

EM precursor to the Video Poker Machines....Jokerball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

is that the one that is missing the credit unit?
Cool game

3 weeks later
#2042 3 years ago

A friend of mine dug this out of the back of his parts room while we were working on a pinball game. We shined it up and adjusted the wire collectors and now on a dry, cold day it gives 4" - 5" sparks. It makes a nice, Frankensteiney staccato snap when it arks, too!

For obvious reasons, it spends all its time quaratined from games with solid state components in them....

VanD (resized).jpgVanD (resized).jpg
#2043 3 years ago

I see that's an electric stove, so that's good...

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I see that's an electric stove, so that's good...

Hah! I didn't think of that, but it would matter.

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

A friend of mine dug this out of the back of his parts room while we were working on a pinball game. We shined it up and adjusted the wire collectors and now on a dry, cold day it gives 4" - 5" sparks. It makes a nice, Frankensteiney staccato snap when it arks, too!
For obvious reasons, it spends all its time quaratined from games with solid state components in them....
[quoted image]

Great.... Now my brain thinks that i need a Van De Graaff generator to have a complete game room. But seriously, i want one.

#2046 3 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Everything works as it should. 16’ length. Both back glasses are nice. Has not been restored. Walk out basement access. $2,750.”
2021-02-23
Lyme, NH
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 91 times

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Other - For Sale

FS: 1972 Chicago coin 16’ big ball bowler Mardi Gras

“Everything works as it should. 16’ length. Both back glasses are nice. Has not been restored. Walk out basement access. $2,750.”

6 days ago

Lyme, NH

JoinTheCirqus

Same one I have. Love playing it.

#2048 3 years ago

Anyone know what this is worth? It works.

39975DF9-2195-425F-9AE1-F6D71A208CD4 (resized).jpeg39975DF9-2195-425F-9AE1-F6D71A208CD4 (resized).jpeg9E38017E-A379-42F9-A527-878A149CF73D (resized).jpeg9E38017E-A379-42F9-A527-878A149CF73D (resized).jpegA95D9F43-0C68-4FA9-8C31-92FE25215AFB (resized).jpegA95D9F43-0C68-4FA9-8C31-92FE25215AFB (resized).jpeg
#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Anyone know what this is worth? It works.

It's a little tough to say what you may get for that. To the right person, you may get
a fair buck, but those older bowlers aren't generally so much sought after, although I
myself like those vintage machines..
Someone did a good job, but those pins were made by somebody. That's one of the
first bowlers with flash.
Is it on free play, or does it have the original coin mech and it works on a dime?

#2050 3 years ago

I don’t think it’s on free play as it comes with a roll of dimes! LOL

There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom/page/41?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.