(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 51.
#101 9 years ago

Relay board looks good meSz. How did you clean it up?

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Certainly, but it would be a lot more fun to see the whole machine.

Agree, all I need is time!! 80% the way there!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from dj10555:

Relay board looks good meSz. How did you clean it up?

All the metal parts were dipped in Calcium, Lime & Rust remover (aka CLR), then put into a Ultrasonic cleaner with Mean Green and then polished up a little with Mothers Chrome polish. It wasn't hard to do just time consuming but for parts that were made almost 70 years ago (1946) it really cleaned everything up. The wooden "drawer" I just cleaned off and used a fine grit sandpaper on an orbital sander to clean it up.

I was going to clean the machine the best I could but then I seen a few post by ccotenj (Chris) that got me hooked on trying to clean everything as best as possible. So I blame him for this!!!!

#104 9 years ago

I couldn't find any decent pictures on my laptop but here is my 1961 Chicago Coin Bowler. This thing is a lot of fun and I highly recommend that if you have the space you get one. I picked this one up from a local person who had it torn to pieces in his basement. He was attempting to repair it but was way out of his element on this one. I did the best I could as well on repairing it and kept a video log of my journey. Currently it works fantastic and the kids love it.

IMG_5391.JPGIMG_5391.JPGIMG_5389.JPGIMG_5389.JPGIMG_5384.JPGIMG_5384.JPG

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

All the metal parts were dipped in Calcium, Lime & Rust remover (aka CLR), then put into a Ultrasonic cleaner with Mean Green and then polished up a little with Mothers Chrome polish. It wasn't hard to do just time consuming but for parts that were made almost 70 years ago (1946) it really cleaned everything up. The wooden "drawer" I just cleaned off and used a fine grit sandpaper on an orbital sander to clean it up.
I was going to clean the machine the best I could but then I seen a few post by ccotenj (Chris) that got me hooked on trying to clean everything as best as possible. So I blame him for this!!!!

and it looks great!

i'll take the blame, but don't say i didn't warn you about going down the rabbit hole...

WAY cool toys in this thread...

#106 9 years ago

Supadave...you did some great work there! I loved the video! "C" clamp! HA! That's all I'll say! That was funny!

Here's the one I worked on:

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Supadave...you did some great work there! I loved the video! "C" clamp! HA! That's all I'll say! That was funny!

Thanks, I really like that old bally machine you worked on there. My kids would enjoy the fact that there isn't any gutters. Looks like a really nice rare find.

#108 9 years ago

O-din, I have that toaster - use it every day!!

Also have a rounded one with great art-deco pinstriping and a glowing "jewel" in the center.......anyone have a walk-through where the toast actually "marches" from one side to the other - those are so weird!!

Anyone collect old drive-in movie stuff? I have lots of speakers, junction boxes, light-up signs.....and a pristine "Drizzle Gaurd" for those rainy nights.......

-Nate

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from are:

(Snip) In Finland they are called Pajatso. (Snip) From my viewpoint these machines share many key features with pinball machines. There is a mechanical almost uncontrollable element. Control requires skill. However gameplay is less complicated. Insert a coin, hit one of the gates and win usually anywhere between 2 and 20 coins.

I think they resemble more like pachinko than pinball. Either way it looks very interesting, there's youtube videos on Pajatso. I am curious about the proper pronunciation.
I think this would be a fun to build DIY project and fun to play.

#110 9 years ago

Got this off of a good friend of mine a couple of years ago.

IMG_1446.JPGIMG_1446.JPG
#111 9 years ago

Here's an early Skee Ball project I just put up for sale. Not for the faint of heart but should be super cool when done.

janesville.craigslist.org link

#112 9 years ago

That a sweet skee ball Alex. I wouldnt even know where to start in on that one
hopefully it will go to a good home

--Jeff

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's an early Skee Ball project I just put up for sale. Not for the faint of heart but should be super cool when done.

I think that model is the coolest Skee Ball with the Barrel Shot. If I were going to get a Skee Ball that would be the kind. You should not have a problem selling that one Alex. Cheers!

Ken

#114 9 years ago

Here's my pinball-ish skee ball machine, the 1947 P&S machine "Tom Tom":

IMG_7014.jpgIMG_7014.jpg

#115 9 years ago

Here's some videos i did of various stuff from the basement.

1965 bally ball bowler
1957 Genco gypsy grandma
1957 Genco horoscope grandma
1969 Zoltan fortune teller
1941 Evans tommy gun
gun slinger

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

» YouTube video

IMG_7014.jpg 173 KB

Awesome Clay! Is that an original glass?! (or BGresto?) We love this stuff, keep it comin'!!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

janesville.craigslist.org link

i think you need a trip to the jersey shore alex... and you could drop that off on the way...

Quoted from way2wyrd:

That a sweet skee ball Alex. I wouldnt even know where to start in on that one
hopefully it will go to a good home
--Jeff

i wouldn't know either, but you guys would figure it out for me eventually...

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i think you need a trip to the jersey shore alex... and you could drop that off on the way...

Heh, that would be a hell of a trip. I brought this one home from Milwaukee with the lane portion tied down to the roof of my Explorer. That was an interesting ride home.

It would be neat to come see you though. I think you've proven you have the skills to do nice restorations. This one would just require a bit more woodwork and refinishing than your typical pin.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Heh, that would be a hell of a trip. I brought this one home from Milwaukee with the lane portion tied down to the roof of my Explorer. That was an interesting ride home.
It would be neat to come see you though. I think you've proven you have the skills to do nice restorations. This one would just require a bit more woodwork and refinishing than your typical pin.

yea, i bet it was "interesting"... probably got some interesting looks from people in other cars too...

yea, one of these days we will put face to name... that will be a very good day...

thanks... i'd have to learn to work much faster though, otherwise, it would take me 10 years to complete...

#120 9 years ago

I had a great fear it was going to come loose so I rode the shoulder and let cars pass me. It was a long ride home, but I made it. yay.

Here's the pic from the original ad…for an antique tavern table. I like those too but I eagle eyed the skee ball. Ever since I saw Mickey Treats youtube video for Square Amusements Roll-A-Ball I had it in my head I needed one and that little corner of the game that was visible looked awful familiar. Ugh, I'm going to talk myself into keeping it. I just talked to a guy on the phone and the whole time I was thinking, I hope he doesn't want it.

Taverntable.jpgTaverntable.jpg
#121 9 years ago

Good eye. Neat, rare game.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had a great fear it was going to come loose so I rode the shoulder and let cars pass me. It was a long ride home, but I made it. yay.
Here's the pic from the original ad…for an antique tavern table. I like those too but I eagle eyed the skee ball. Ever since I saw Mickey Treats youtube video for Square Amusements Roll-A-Ball I had it in my head I needed one and that little corner of the game that was visible looked awful familiar. Ugh, I'm going to talk myself into keeping it. I just talked to a guy on the phone and the whole time I was thinking, I hope he doesn't want it.

Taverntable.jpg 33 KB

yes, that had to be very high on the pucker scale...

went to buy a table, came home with a skee ball... talk about scope creep...

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Here's my pinball-ish skee ball machine, the 1947 P&S machine "Tom Tom"

Finally am home and got a chance to watch the video. No Youtube at work. That game is so cool! Nice small footprint and loads of character.

Tom Taylor actually has one. Appropriately so. I always like to play it when I get a chance. I'd love to have one but I am guessing there can't be more than a few left.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Quoted from AlexF:

Tom Taylor actually has one. Appropriately so. I always like to play it when I get a chance. I'd love to have one but I am guessing there can't be more than a few left.

I think it's a very cool machine too.

Looks like a simple design Alex and one could make a replica. Just need some basic wood working skills, a few mechanical parts, and a bgresto.com replica Backglass and away you go! Hummm... maybe I'll make one down the road. Now if I only had some measurements......

Ken

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

» YouTube video

IMG_7014.jpg 173 KB

Looks like a great game thanks for posting Clay.

1 week later
#126 9 years ago

Bump for this weeks toys!

Now lets see some pictures of yours!

Ken

#127 9 years ago

Talk about a problem to stump anyone! My 1966 Williams Tango Shuffle was tripping the head pin randomly after the pins where reracked. Checked switch after switch to no avail. Just about the time I was going to give up for the night, I watched the pins reset from the top ofnthe mechanism an saw that the hold latch wasn't catching. When the pins reset the keeper on the reset push rod was hitting the pin mounting bracket and not letting it go full stroke!

#128 9 years ago

Posting this from C/L, looks to be pretty nice shape
Pitch & bat playfield
Chicago Coin Co. "Super Home Run"

portland.craigslist.org link

#129 9 years ago

I have a Holiday Big Ball Bowler and would like to replace the trim at the end (where you throw the ball)...it's red and split up pretty bad. Tried googling and can't find what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I have a Holiday Big Ball Bowler and would like to replace the trim at the end (where you throw the ball)...it's red and split up pretty bad. Tried googling and can't find what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I think this is for the other end,
http://www.pbresource.com/bowlshuf/sa-reb.jpg
But i`d give Steve a call

And then there's this... Scroll to bottom

http://www.bigballbowler.com/parts.html

#131 9 years ago

http://www.bigballbowler.com/parts.html
I use the doc doom shin stuff. Bottom of page listed above. Works well but expensive.

#132 9 years ago

United shuffle bowler " Olympic"image.jpgimage.jpg

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Posting this from C/L, looks to be pretty nice shape
Pitch & bat playfield
Chicago Coin Co. "Super Home Run"
portland.craigslist.org link

I believe that playfield is actually from a 1955 Chicago Coin Bulls Eye Deluxe Big League.

#134 9 years ago

Picked up a Bally Table Hockey. Although this is not a sought after machine I am partial to Bally and hockey games. For 3 bills delivered to my house I figured why not.

The only thing that got me is the seller advised me "game is complete and in working order". Once I received the machine I found the following:

No marble in game (not an ordeal but how was it determined that the game was “in good working order” if there was no marble?)
Wires to the Barrier coil were cut (again, how is the game “in good working order” when the barrier wasn’t even hooked up?)
Visiting team score lights do not work
10 cent Coin mechanism missing
Key to lock is not even the right key
The light for the playfield was missing and the one end of the socket is broken

All the items above are minor and pretty easy fixes but again just gets me how people make false claims to sell a machine!

BTW - if anyone has a 10 cent coin mech please PM me!

The machine overall is in real nice condition. The two "backglass" pieces are in excellent condition!
IMG_3479.JPGIMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3480.JPGIMG_3480.JPG IMG_3481.JPGIMG_3481.JPG IMG_3482.JPGIMG_3482.JPG
#135 9 years ago

Congrats, I always thought this one had a nice look to it. I think you did pretty good for $300. Most of the issues are pretty minor.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Congrats, I always thought this one had a nice look to it. I think you did pretty good for $300. Most of the issues are pretty minor.

Thanks, yeah 300 and the seller had a co-worker traveling my way so he agreed to haul and deliver it to my house for the 300.

All the issues are minor so not really upset with the seller lack of disclosure just be nice for people to disclose things, especially when it comes to parts that the wires aren't even connected!

Again, the only part I need is a 10cent coin mech but would think someone on here will have a spare!

#137 9 years ago

that's wicked cool mesz...

does the "standard" coin-op mech go in there? or is it a big beast like the jukebox ones?

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

that's wicked cool mesz...
does the "standard" coin-op mech go in there? or is it a big beast like the jukebox ones?

It's the "standard", I believe the housing for it is 3.5" x 4" if I recall correctly.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's the "standard", I believe the housing for it is 3.5" x 4" if I recall correctly.

ebay or pin shows, and be quick if you see one... nickle and dime mechs aren't easy to find, most people who have them want to hang on to them for their own use (can't blame them, i would too)... i've been looking for both for awhile...

i've been able to modify quarter mechs to take nickles/dimes... they work almost all the time for nickles, but they are off and on with dimes...

#140 9 years ago

The original sticks for Olympic Hockey and Table Hockey are difficult to find. Great that your game has both of them.

#141 9 years ago

I had a chance to buy one of these Bally hockeys locally last fall. it had sticks, but they were these wooden mini hockey sticks. couldn't figure out if that was original or not. the game was cheap, a couple hundie, but i passed. the problem with this style of game is the amount of floor space it occupies, since it need space on both sides. same problem with chexx hockey too. also you have to have two players for both of these games. i have no friends, this isn't a very good option for me. hahaha.

#142 9 years ago

Pitch and bat in Milwaukee:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Pitch and bat in Milwaukee:
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Very cool. Looks like the seller also has a '68 Irving Kaye Batting Practice sitting next to it too.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is a 1940s Dodge hula lamp. She even hulas. She has 3 settings, lit, hula or both. My wife says I need a cooler shade and she's right but the period correct ones aren't cheap.

I think there are people who make custom lamp shades on etsy.com. You might be able to find someone to make a repro for you.

Wish I had some pics to share, but I live in a mechanical desert. Not much of that stuff around here.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Picked up a Bally Table Hockey.

Pretty cool! I've never seen one of those before. Any chance of posting a video once you have it working?

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Very cool. Looks like the seller also has a '68 Irving Kaye Batting Practice sitting next to it too.

A bit of trivia. Mr. Irving Kaye sat on the Board of Directors of Bally Manufacturing Corporation at this time. Note the use of Bally and Lenc-Smith (also a division of Bally) components on the Batting Practice machines.

#147 9 years ago

Here is what i got in storage.

IMG_1965 (500x281).jpgIMG_1965 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1970 (500x281).jpgIMG_1970 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1975 (500x281).jpgIMG_1975 (500x281).jpg
IMG_2002 (500x281).jpgIMG_2002 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1995 (500x281).jpgIMG_1995 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1992 (500x281).jpgIMG_1992 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1997 (500x281).jpgIMG_1997 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1998 (500x281).jpgIMG_1998 (500x281).jpg
IMG_1999 (500x281).jpgIMG_1999 (500x281).jpg

Now the hard part,where is the time going to come from to get to these.

#148 9 years ago

The Irving Kay batting practice just seems cheap to me. I much prefer the version I have by keeney in 1958. (Though many prefer the original 1947 batting practice.)
http://pinrepair.com/baseball/lleader.htm

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The original sticks for Olympic Hockey and Table Hockey are difficult to find. Great that your game has both of them.

Yeah the game actually came with four sticks!

Quoted from cfh:they were these wooden mini hockey sticks. couldn't figure out if that was original or not........the problem with this style of game is the amount of floor space it occupies

Not certain which sticks are original or not. The ones that came with mine are made of a soft plastic like material. As for the size of the game, actually it's not that big at all. The game is about the width of a pinball machine and maybe 2/3rd the length.

Quoted from Honch:

Any chance of posting a video once you have it working?

No need to wait, another guy posted a video already and it can be found here...

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No need to wait, another guy posted a video already and it can be found here.

Thanks.

There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.