(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 51.
#851 7 years ago

Here is my bowler I just got running

IMG_1005 (resized).JPGIMG_1005 (resized).JPG

I just need to get it in the basement now.

I love seeing the trade stimulators, I just discovered them and I'm currently in search of my first. If anyone is looking to sell a good starter on( maybe in need of some tinkering) let me know
I like the bLackjack theme and the gumball type. Also looking for a peo? Baseball style with the swirly playfield( probably a horrible description)

Also what is the best place to get bowler replacement pins and rubbers?

Thx

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

MAN the inside of that is cherry!
Well cherry cherry cherry KA-CHING!
--Jeff

Yes, thanks. The previous owner said he did that work in 1988, almost 30 years ago.

#854 7 years ago

Anyone ever seen one of these?

IMG_0942 (resized).JPGIMG_0942 (resized).JPG
IMG_0944 (resized).JPGIMG_0944 (resized).JPG
IMG_0943 (resized).JPGIMG_0943 (resized).JPG
IMG_0945 (resized).JPGIMG_0945 (resized).JPG
IMG_0946 (resized).JPGIMG_0946 (resized).JPG

I picked it up a few weeks ago. It is a horse race gambling game from the 30's made by wolverine mfg co. I can find almost no info on it, the wolverine toy semi club/forum website has a pic of one and asks "if anyone has any info on it please let us know"
I found out it is a deluxe model 43 but have no idea as to value etc. it got some water damage to the top and area around the horse track but is only cosmetic, and one wooden decorative end between the legs is cracked off. the game is otherwise in perfect working order. It is pretty cool.
I haven't even cleaned it up yet.

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Here is my bowler I just got running

I just need to get it in the basement now.
I love seeing the trade stimulators, I just discovered them and I'm currently in search of my first. If anyone is looking to sell a good starter on( maybe in need of some tinkering) let me know
I like the bLackjack theme and the gumball type. Also looking for a peo? Baseball style with the swirly playfield( probably a horrible description)
Also what is the best place to get bowler replacement pins and rubbers?
Thx

St Louis Ball Bowlers-Chris has a tremendous level of customer service.

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Yes. I remember when the plastic Japanese replicas of that were popular in the late '70's-early '80's.

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Wow!!! Super cool. Ill bet it will be stunning once shes cleaned up.
I very curious on the mechanics that randomizes the horses as to who will win etc. Can you let us know?

#858 7 years ago

So it works with an electric motor that spins a shaft with pins sticking out at different points and they hit steel balls that sit in each lane and push the horses up. There are two balls in each lane so they always bounce up and back randomly. It's pretty amazing as each race there is a different winner and there has never been one that seems to be a more constant winner. The company made two other models a tin wind up one about 20" long and a small wooden one about 22" long, this is double the size at about 4' long and sits on 10-12" legs.

#859 7 years ago

Genius. Im always amazed at the simplicity.

#860 7 years ago

Brought this home from the Chicagoland Jukebox show this past weekend. From the 40's, a Pulver candy machine with the cop and robber (they had multiple colors and animations). Push in a cent and the cop hits the robber over the head with his night stick. The robber's eyes spin around and his tongue goes in and out. And you get a piece of gum, too! It works on a clock like mech that needs to be wound during gum refills.
*interestingly it works only 1/2 time (or less) using newer cents, since the coin weight triggers the mech. Works 100% with the heavier wheat cents which it was designed for.

IMG_2475 (resized).JPGIMG_2475 (resized).JPG

#861 7 years ago

That's Awesome!

#862 7 years ago

Thanks. They're porcelain and came in some bright colors, red being the most common. Others are blue, orange and green I think. Supposedly they were made really well so a lot have survived. Doesn't take up a lot of space either

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Brought this home from the Chicagoland Jukebox show this past weekend. From the 40's, a Pulver candy machine with the cop and robber (they had multiple colors and animations). Push in a cent and the cop hits the robber over the head with his night stick. The robber's eyes spin around and his tongue goes in and out. And get a piece of gum, too! It works on a clock like mech that needs to be wound during gum refills.
*interestingly it works only 1/2 time (or less) using newer cents, since the coin weight triggers the mech. Works 100% with the heavier wheat cents, which it was designed for.

wow thats awesome

have not seen this or at least not in awhile
whats those run?

#864 7 years ago

Well..there are some on eBay I see at varying prices/condition. But this was a Friday Chicagoland show 'parking lot special' (a deal worked out in advance). Beautiful weather that day so the lot was busy.

#865 7 years ago

best kind to get!! its a beaut clark!

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Well..there are some on eBay I see at varying prices/condition. But this was a Friday Chicagoland show 'parking lot special' (a deal worked out in advance). Beautiful weather that day so the lot was busy.

A beaut machine-congrats. I note the ebay items do not have your cops & robbers theme & as a result IMO are no where near as appealing as yours.

#867 7 years ago

Hdmike444 any chance of seeing your game in action? It looks really interesting, and would love to see some video.

1 week later
#868 7 years ago

Will do once I get back from vacation

#869 7 years ago

Growing up in Sydney it seemed that every shop/store had an NCR 100 series cash register-I was always fascinated by their sleek lines.
Anyhow I have wanted a device to store my pinball machine coins & thought maybe an NCR! So managed to get a 1958 model (converted to decimal currency) from the son of a retired Sweda technician. The machine had laid dormant in a shed for a couple of decades & like so many of these machines was cosmetically tired & jammed.
After some hours managed to free up the mechanism which had been jammed by solidified oil & grease & then undertook a full resto- service, respray cabinet, fabricate new drawer faceplate & fabricate stand/cabinet which will hold my pin manuals/schematics.
It was quite a lift on the first test when the bell rang & drawer sprung open. Very happy with results & I am in awe of the mechanics of these machines & the parts condition after 60 years-particularly the plating of the print mechanism.

canon23042017 010 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 010 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 008 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 008 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 009 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 009 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 013 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 013 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 012 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 012 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 007 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 007 (resized).JPG

canon23042017 002 (resized).JPGcanon23042017 002 (resized).JPG

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Growing up in Sydney it seemed that every shop/store had an NCR 100 series cash register-I was always fascinated by their sleek lines.
Anyhow I have wanted a device to store my pinball machine coins & thought maybe an NCR! So managed to get a 1958 model (converted to decimal currency) from the son of a retired Sweda technician. The machine had laid dormant in a shed for a couple of decades & like so many of these machines was cosmetically tired & jammed.
After some hours managed to free up the mechanism which had been jammed by solidified oil & grease & then undertook a full resto- service, respray cabinet, fabricate new drawer faceplate & fabricate stand/cabinet which will hold my pin manuals/schematics.
It was quite a lift on the first test when the bell rang & drawer sprung open. Very happy with results & I am in awe of the mechanics of these machines & the parts condition after 60 years-particularly the plating of the print mechanism.

The pin legs on the stand is a nice touch.

#871 7 years ago

With a custom stand/storage built-in for schematics? Genius!

#872 7 years ago

I like the stand!

#873 7 years ago

"Balls And Pucks" - finally organized and placed in one section. This gives me a little more lee-way for other machines.
img007 (resized).jpgimg007 (resized).jpg

#874 7 years ago

Just picked up a Top Dawgs shuffle bowler...anyone know of a value on this? Its in really nice shape.

#875 7 years ago

@ramegoom, wow! The room looks great!

I envy the space you have. It's amazing how unwieldy the big ball bowlers can be. It was quite a challenge for me to fit a 16' bowler (and two pinballs) into my garage. Regardless, my family is having so much fun with the bowler that I'm grateful for finding one at a fair price and being able to fit it somewhere here.

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

"Balls And Pucks"

That is a nice little line up. That looks to be a 1954 United 5th Avenue.
A nice pre-regulation shuffle..

Quoted from DaveInSanFran:It was quite a challenge for me to fit a 16' bowler (and two pinballs) into my garage.

Just curious. What 16 footer do you have? Those ball bowlers are highlights during gatherings..

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

That is a nice little line up. That looks to be a 1954 United 5th Avenue.
A nice pre-regulation shuffle..

The yellow machine is a 1953 United "Chief" and the red one next to it is a 1963 United "Skippy". The both play completely differently, but ten year span, you'd expect it. The Skippy has an early-day digital display, all controlled by relays. Crazy what they did back then.

#878 7 years ago

bowling tourney with a side game of Skeeball at ramegoom's place

#879 7 years ago

Let's plan a trip

#880 7 years ago

Hey, any time. If any of you are passing thru northern Colorado, the game room is open to pinsiders.

Loaded with pins, arcade games, pool, slot machines, Pac Man Battle Royale, on and on.

#881 7 years ago

You guys can come play my bowler at madcap brew co in Kent! I've got a project United Aztec coming in tomorrow that's only aj 13 footer so it will fit in my gameroom a little better than this monster.

20170416_124413 (resized).jpg20170416_124413 (resized).jpg

#882 7 years ago

What's the name of that bowler fattdirk? I just finished a Chicago Coin Flair that takes 6" balls and it looks very much like yours.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

What's the name of that bowler fattdirk? I just finished a Chicago Coin Flair that takes 6" balls and it looks very much like yours.

Looks like a top hat to me

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

1969 Chicago Coin Top hat.

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

1969 Chicago Coin Top hat.

With the "E-Z Service" backbox.....

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

With the "E-Z Service" backbox.....

love the lazy susan design

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I just finished a Chicago Coin Flair that takes 6" balls

Dude, you got big balls.

#888 7 years ago

That lazy susan makes servicing the game a snap. I just picked up a united Aztec and I'm already missing that feature.

#889 6 years ago

I just picked up my first shuffle bowler, and i have a question. What type of wax do you use on them? I figured the sand like wax, but then i thought about it and all the wax would wind up in the holes for the switches. It definately needs something though!

20170428_183518 (resized).jpg20170428_183518 (resized).jpg

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just picked up my first shuffle bowler,

And an old woodrail. Chicago Coin, right? Those Shuffles from the 50s have character..
What I found best is after cleaning (vacuuming) the old powder (shuffle wax) off, I Lemon
pledge the formica which slickins' the surface itself, and yes, the Shuffle Wax does eventually
go through the rollover openings, but that's what's used. I used the Sun Glo 2 on the
Shuffle Board, and not so course of wax on the Shuffle Alleys, but now I also use the Sun Glo 2
on the Shuffle Bowlers and seems to be fine. Not much is needed. After Lemon Pledging,
I sprinkle a small amount on the front 3' (or about) so it'll take more plays before it reaches
the rollovers. If the rear rebound rubber is good, it doesn't take much wax (Sun Glo).
On many of the 50s Shuffles, an aluminum tray can be put underneath (in the coven) to
catch the wax and then reused, but a can of wax lasts me quite awhile so I don't bother..
I like the mechanical Skee Balls also. I'm sure they'll both get quite a bit of play during
gatherings.. (T)

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just picked up my first shuffle bowler, and i have a question. What type of wax do you use on them? I figured the sand like wax, but then i thought about it and all the wax would wind up in the holes for the switches.

Congrats on your first shuffle game! Use Sun-Glo shuffleboard powder (wax). The switches are large and the sand really doesn't bother them. I like Mopar's idea of using a tray. Once you try the powder you will be amazed at how easily the puck slides down the alley.

#892 6 years ago

Use No. 7 Sun-Glo. The wax is actually silicone beads, fine pitch. It will fall thru the switch holes to the bottom of the cabinet, so every year or so, you can open the alley and vacuum out the section under the switch matrix. Won't affect the switches.

#893 6 years ago

I Just checked the Sun Glo products. I presently have 6 (7 with the 22' shuffle board ) different
type of shuffles set up and liked the Speed 2, but after reviewing, I think I'm going to check out
Sun Glo 3. I use to use the slower speed waxes, but went through a can much too fast..
You can always experiment with different speeds, but for sure Sun Glo is what you'll want to use..

#894 6 years ago

Thanks for all the replies! It makes sense to use the wax, its already been cleaned and waxed, but it does need the bead wax. I ordered some. Yes its a 1950s chicago coin 10th frame bowling. It needs some work and id love to find a new glass for it and the plastic surround on the pins, but i like it a lot. It never ends a game, it just keeps going, but it does cycle through players. Cant wait to dig in to it!

#895 6 years ago

WTB an Ask Swami napkin holder for my diner-I have a US shipping address. Pls pm me if you have one for sale. Thanks.

#896 6 years ago

Here's my Chicago Grand prize. Home use only big ball bowler

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

#897 6 years ago

Wow, I like the artwork at the base of the lane.

#898 6 years ago

Very nice CC Grand Prize! Is it a 13' or 16'. You don't see many big ball bowlers under the 16' length.

Thanks for sharing,
Brad

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

You don't see many big ball bowlers under the 16' length.

No, not many, but I once did have a C.C. 13' Grand Prize and have a C.C. 13' Starfire, but the shortest
Big Ball Bowler that I had was a 10' United. (I think Bonus might have been the name). Had to of been
special ordered..
Except for the Skee Ball, I believe this is the only all mechanical machine (except for its light) that I
have. Probably not that collectible, but midway into Parties, I have seen lines 5 or 6 deep to give it a
try. Always gets checked out at least a few times.. (T)

IMG_0850 (resized).JPGIMG_0850 (resized).JPG

#900 6 years ago

it is a 16 foot bowler I put LEDs in it..

There are 2,537 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom/page/18?hl=bek1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.