(Topic ID: 119459)

Show us your custom made pinball toppers!

By AXrelay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Magicchiz
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160719_162139 (resized).jpg
    1108142157 totan topper 1.jpg
    1108142156 totan topper 3.jpg
    8271 ij 7.jpg
    IMG_7876 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7870 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20160828_224438 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9298 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1645 (resized).JPG
    Dracula_topper (resized).jpg
    MM_topper (resized).jpg
    IJ_topper (resized).jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I know some folks don't like to add "toppers" that are not original to the game, but I have seen a few really cool ones (and I have made a few myself). Also, I'm not sure if it counts as a "topper," but I have seen some flyers of a game displayed on the top of a game in an acrylic stand. I have done this on some of my games as well. Post some pix of what you have made and share it!

#2 9 years ago

I'm honestly not a topper type of person but I bought my METLE second hand and kept the one it had with it. The previous owner made it out of a model kit and had someone at Pinball Refinery help light it up. The lights at the top color change and are interactive with the game as it ties into the backbox lighting kit.

IMG_6016.jpgIMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6015.jpgIMG_6015.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Black Knight LE
    topper.jpgtopper.jpg

Blackout
    IMG_0387.jpgIMG_0387.jpg

BTTF
    delorian topper.jpgdelorian topper.jpg

Some more good ones here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-unique-toppers

#4 9 years ago

*draining before a sea of cheap toys are paraded about as artistic talent*

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

*draining before a sea of cheap toys are paraded about as artistic talent*

Just popping into a topic to insult folk who have a passion for dressing up their machines?
    Classy

DUNG.jpgDUNG.jpg

Nicely done.
    (Doesn't look at all cheap)

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Nicely done.
    (Doesn't look at all cheap)

Thanks I just have to make sure I always have 8 foot ceilings. lol

#8 9 years ago

When I shopped the Cue Ball Wizard, I needed to replace the Cue Ball and the 8 ball, but it was the same price to buy the whole rack of balls - so I made the rest into a topper!

cbw topper.jpgcbw topper.jpg
    #9 9 years ago

A couple of mine
    ACDC Topper.jpgACDC Topper.jpgWD Topper.jpgWD Topper.jpg

#10 9 years ago

Tron Topper.FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Here are my toppers (for sale of course!) for Scared Stiff. These plug in to the Dead Head playfield lights and are game controlled, so the eyes flash together with the playfield. Let me know if interested in getting one. Supplies are limited.
    Skull topper 02 copy.jpgSkull topper 02 copy.jpg20141001_103458 copy.jpg20141001_103458 copy.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Wish I had a Scared Stiff to put one on! That game is on my wishlist for sure.

#13 9 years ago

I tied these guys into my rolling fire tube in the playfield so the topper catches on fire during multi ball

20150224_190317.jpg20150224_190317.jpg
    #14 9 years ago

Here is my home made SLTE topper.

I love home-made toppers it makes the pin unique and they can be fun to make...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

draining before a sea of cheap toys are paraded about as artistic talent

Some of those so called "cheap toys" are built from a kit form (The Metallica topper in particular). To build a plastic kit takes >>> Dexterity, patience, skill, a mind for detail AND artistic talent, otherwise they are just glued together plain plastic. Anybody has the right to decorate their own machines as they please, if you don't like toppers, then leave them off your machines, simple as that !!
    I include some pics of some NON plain kit builds, all of which took a great deal of skill and time to finish!
    P.S Sorry to the OP, wasn't my intention to turn this into a modelling appreciation thread.

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0004.jpg
    #16 9 years ago

image-632.jpgimage-632.jpgimage-487.jpgimage-487.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Something I made a few years back but sold when I sold the game

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

Here are my toppers (for sale of course!) for Scared Stiff. These plug in to the Dead Head playfield lights and are game controlled, so the eyes flash together with the playfield. Let me know if interested in getting one. Supplies are limited.

Skull topper 02 copy.jpg 67 KB

20141001_103458 copy.jpg 128 KB

I got one and love it. Thanks again

image-26.jpgimage-26.jpg
    #18 9 years ago

Most have seen this, but here is the lighted Topper I made for Ripley's.
    Magicchiz

20150128_194249.jpg20150128_194249.jpg
    #19 9 years ago

tumblr_ls3m02s5Gz1qd0ln0o1_500.jpgtumblr_ls3m02s5Gz1qd0ln0o1_500.jpg
    #20 9 years ago

Motions triggered by the Jackpot flasher.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Motions triggered by the Jackpot flasher.
    » YouTube video

That's a cool topper, well done.

Post edited by 10pingrn: didnt mean to post picture

#23 9 years ago

My custom topper for my tron and a quick video link of it along with my mostly finished tron with clearcoated playfield and all polished parts ....

#25 9 years ago

Topper was made custom for me by Joe from Laserrific . It's also interactive it turns green when the tap is open .

trilogyT.jpgtrilogyT.jpg
    #27 9 years ago

How about toppers on EM machines? I haven't seen any of those posted yet.

#28 9 years ago

toppers 009.JPGtoppers 009.JPGtoppers 007.JPGtoppers 007.JPGxenon topper 004.JPGxenon topper 004.JPGxenon topper 003.JPGxenon topper 003.JPG

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky347:

I tied these guys into my rolling fire tube in the playfield so the topper catches on fire during multi ball

What are those tapped into?

#31 9 years ago

In the playfield there is a motorized tube that turns while in multiball or at the end of the game. I put the coil of a 24vdc relay in parallel with the motor. Then tied 120vac through the Normally open contacts of the relay to the silk flame lights and plugged them into the service receptacle in the game. The effect is really cool, as you see in the picture the lighting effects on the ceiling are reflected off of the playfield glass and the whole room appears to be on fire.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky347:

In the playfield there is a motorized tube that turns while in multiball or at the end of the game. I put the coil of a 24vdc relay in parallel with the motor. Then tied 120vac through the Normally open contacts of the relay to the silk flame lights and plugged them into the service receptacle in the game. The effect is really cool, as you see in the picture the lighting effects on the ceiling are reflected off of the playfield glass and the whole room appears to be on fire.

Very cool!

#33 9 years ago

My son (age 4) made this Frankenstein topper for our Monster Bash.

Duplo topper.jpgDuplo topper.jpg
    #34 9 years ago

Have one in the works for Nascar now.

IMG_0850[1].JPGIMG_0850[1].JPG IMG_0851[1].JPGIMG_0851[1].JPG IMG_0853[1].JPGIMG_0853[1].JPG
    #35 9 years ago

Ok, I really like the Monopoly one, where did you get it?

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from AXrelay:

How about toppers on EM machines? I haven't seen any of those posted yet.

Here is the only topper I have...it is on my non working Gulfstream that I need to get around to fixing...the only reason I use a bag of cat food for a topper is because I feed my cat on top of the Gulfstream playfield glass so the dogs don't eat the cat food and if I don't put the bag of food up high on the backbox then the dogs will get into the bag.

20150301_175611.jpg20150301_175611.jpg
    20150301_175624.jpg20150301_175624.jpg

#37 9 years ago

Here's my custom TOTAN topper, nothing fancy, but it looks nice.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

Have one in the works for Nascar now.

cant wait to see it

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Here is the only topper I have...it is on my non working Gulfstream that I need to get around to fixing...the only reason I use a bag of cat food for a topper is because I feed my cat on top of the Gulfstream playfield glass so the dogs don't eat the cat food and if I don't put the bag of food up high on the backbox then the dogs will get into the bag.
    20150301_175611.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    20150301_175624.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Comedy is always appreciated!

Buy the way, we should work on that Gulfstream some day!

#40 9 years ago

Here is my custom baby Pacman topper. Haha. Really just a spot for my little Tammy to hangout. image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 9 years ago

Needs to be moved over to Big Game... = |

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Needs to be moved over to Big Game... = |

I know, but my ceiling is a tad too low. Maybe at the new house we can have high ceilings in our basement. Haven't figured that all out yet.

#44 9 years ago

Gotcha, I see that now.

9 months later
    #45 8 years ago

My original topper for tales from the crypt pinball with sound and animations during play
    DSC_9794.JPGDSC_9794.JPG

#46 8 years ago

I call this the Matt McKee Uber Deluxe Lord of The Rings Topper.
    LOTR_Topper.jpgLOTR_Topper.jpg
    QSS

#47 8 years ago

And I call this the Matt McKee Uber Deluxe Family Guy Topper.
    FG topper.jpgFG topper.jpg
    QSS

#48 8 years ago

When I used to own FG I had these on top...

549.jpg549.jpg

#49 8 years ago

I love making toppers for all my games and here is my most recent one I made for Roadshow. It is tied into the game play when you get flying rocks, shoot the right ramp when the bridge is out and of course starting multiball or jackpot via Ted's mouth.

22509462885_bc84689f38_c.jpg22509462885_bc84689f38_c.jpg

Full details on how I wired everything up with pictures can be seen here:
    http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/red-teds-roadshow-interactive-dual-beacon-topper.4002

When I had a TOTAN I made that $300 interactive sword topper from PDI for around $20 worth of parts. The lights are tied into the jewels you collect during the game play.

8003381283_50c4e0cb37_c.jpg8003381283_50c4e0cb37_c.jpg

Full details on how I made this can be found here as well:
    http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/totan-sword-topper.11/

My GNR from a few years ago didn't come with one so I made one for under $10 that I simply tied into some flashers in the backbox.

7308011868_f635094022_c.jpg7308011868_f635094022_c.jpg

#50 8 years ago

Built this a few years ago for ~$50...

IMG_1319.jpgIMG_1319.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-custom-made-pinball-toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.