Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 298 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00551 (resized).JPG
    Swap-and-Sell-at-Medls-July-2018 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 009 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 005 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 004 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 003 (resized).jpg
    brazil 14 (resized).jpg
    brazil 10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0380 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0375 (resized).jpg
    Gay time (resized).jpeg
    189 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
    20151114_115122 (resized).jpg

There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 7 years ago

Dennis , Nick not sure myself I picked up but never put it together. Gonna do that tonight and have my son Mike go over it. I'll have him take a video and post it for you guys.

4 months later
    #253 6 years ago

Hey there Butch and Bingopodcast,

I just pinged you and have been loving reading through your posts and the posts of so many others. I wanted to post my machine because from the photos I've seen, I'm not sure the cabinet I have is like everyone else's Bally High Flyer. Can you comment on the pics attached. Is this a hybrid machine or something else ? Thanks.

IMAG0771 (resized).jpgIMAG0771 (resized).jpg

IMAG0762 (resized).jpgIMAG0762 (resized).jpg

IMAG0764 (resized).jpgIMAG0764 (resized).jpg

IMAG0765 (resized).jpgIMAG0765 (resized).jpg

IMAG0767 (resized).jpgIMAG0767 (resized).jpg

IMAG0763 (resized).jpgIMAG0763 (resized).jpg

IMAG0768 (resized).jpgIMAG0768 (resized).jpg

IMAG0766 (resized).jpgIMAG0766 (resized).jpg

IMAG0770 (resized).jpgIMAG0770 (resized).jpg

IMAG0769 (resized).jpgIMAG0769 (resized).jpg

#254 6 years ago

Hi corkgiants - that's a High Flyer in a Wall Street cab. Flying through the city at night!

#255 6 years ago

Here is a photo of my High Flyer, produced just a month prior to yours. It has the original cabinet artwork. At some point, they must have switched the cabinet artwork from the original to Wall Street artwork. I can only assume that Bally was getting near to the end of the High Flyer run and decided to use up some already-painted, old stock cabinets for Wall Street, which was produced in 1974.

2017-04-18 10.17.31 (resized).jpg2017-04-18 10.17.31 (resized).jpg
    2017-04-18 10.17.42 (resized).jpg2017-04-18 10.17.42 (resized).jpg
    2017-04-17 12.32.10 (resized).jpg2017-04-17 12.32.10 (resized).jpg

#256 6 years ago

Robert, I think the repainted serials tell the story. Someone cut new serials in the wall street cab and touched up the paint. Doesn't appear factory.

#257 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Robert, I think the repainted serials tell the story. Someone cut new serials in the wall street cab and touched up the paint. Doesn't appear factory.

I didn't even notice that the serials were repainted / touched up!

#258 6 years ago

Also note that original Wall Streets did not use the large oak frame back boxes. The frames were the small Maple type and the backglass slid out from the sides.

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Also note that original Wall Streets did not use the large oak frame back boxes.

Yeah, that's a weird touch for sure. Was Wall Street a squat head without the 'bump' like Ticker Tape? Then it'd be a total repaint... but an odd one.

#260 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I like the Wall Street design better. As Nick just said, it certainly gives the machine a nice story to tell. Probably some combination of truth and tale will make it to the finished product. Thanks again !

#261 6 years ago

Looks good won't be a problem getting going

#262 6 years ago

Here's some photos of some bingos I picked up in eastern Colorado about a year and a half ago. They'd been sitting in a barn for almost 40 years after having been retired from service when the poker games took off in the mid 70's. I'm finally getting around to restoring some of them, many will be parted out eventually. I'm nearing completion of a Parade, the only one I've ever seen in all the years I've been doing this. Good that's a walk out basement!

20151114_115102 (resized).jpg20151114_115102 (resized).jpg

20151114_115117 (resized).jpg20151114_115117 (resized).jpg

20151114_115122 (resized).jpg20151114_115122 (resized).jpg

#263 6 years ago

Here's a couple shots of some of the totally restored games. All of these have since been sold.

IMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPG

IMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPG

#264 6 years ago

what all do you have I see 2 Key West

#265 6 years ago

The barn find was:
    Sun Valley 2
    Key West 3
    Show Time 4
    Beach Time 3
    Carnival Queen 1
    Touchdown 1
    Miss Am '57 2
    Parade 1
    Plus some parts and flasher games

I've got a Bikini, a Sea Island, a Gay Time and a Show Time running at the house now. In addition to the games pictured above as sold, I've turned over Roller Derby, Double Up, Bonanza, Shoot A Line, and another Key West.

1 month later
    #267 6 years ago

I just ran across this photo to give some perspective of the work ahead. Restoration has begun but there's a lot to do.

189 (resized).jpg189 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #268 6 years ago

Just picked up Gay Time as my first bingo! Hoping to get two Miami Beaches later today!

Gay time (resized).jpegGay time (resized).jpeg

#269 6 years ago

Congrats! Great game (looks like your backglass is nice, too)!

#270 6 years ago

Congrats! Great game (looks like your backglass is nice, too)!

Thanks! I saw that I can get a replacement from http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/ for about $200, but I think I will restore this one as its not too far gone.

I've enjoyed your podcasts. I hope to add two Miami Beach machines to my collection later today!

#271 6 years ago

Be aware that the $200 option does not have mirroring. Only their full glasses have the mirror lines.

Thanks for listening!

Miami Beach is a really neat game with a unique feature (the curtains). Having a pair will be helpful for repair of one or both.

#272 6 years ago

They're both supposed to be working 100%, so one to keep and one to sell?!?

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPilot:

Just picked up Gay Time as my first bingo! Hoping to get two Miami Beaches later today!

Your going to enjoy hopping holes and moving lines on this great playing Bally Bingo Machine. I love mine.
    Check out my Gay Time bingo here at

Nice pick up...

#275 6 years ago

As close to a bingo as I've got - does this one count?

IMG_0375 (resized).jpgIMG_0375 (resized).jpg

IMG_0380 (resized).jpgIMG_0380 (resized).jpg

IMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPG

#276 6 years ago

Hybrid bingos. I've owned all four at one time or another. Four Corners, Disk Jockey, Hong Kong and Starlite. I think they're OK. Nice art on all of them.

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Your going to enjoy hopping holes and moving lines on this great playing Bally Bingo Machine. I love mine.
    Check out my Gay Time bingo here at » YouTube video
    Nice pick up...

I can start a game, but it doesn't pay out credits when you win. It did when I played it at the seller's place, so I'm not sure whats going on.

I found a loose wire that I need to repair, and some of the fingers on the reflex unit had been intentionally bent up so as to not make contact. Was this done by an operator to reduce payouts?

When I put in a nickel, the game automatically starts. I can keep adding nickels for extra features, but the red button on the face of the cabinet seems to do nothing. Shouldn't the nickels show as credits on the counter, giving me the option to push either the red or yellow button for extra features or extra balls?

I am unable to try for extra balls, as the yellow button doesn't do anything either.

NicoVolta will be at my house on the 16th to fix some EM pinball, I sure hope he can help with bingo!

If anyone has a suggestion, I will definitely take it!

#278 6 years ago

Dunno if he's a bingo guy, but the basics are the same.

Here's some stuff:

1) reflex fingers bent: without contact some of the portioning of the game is defeated and stuff won't step up or trip with coin play as easily. On Miami Beach, it will still trip & step up, it'll just take more coins.

2) coin play: if there are coins being used, no credits are added to the counter (unless a different game or a change was made to the wiring). You only get credits on the register if you win!

At that point, you can press the red button or yellow button instead of inserting coins.

3) the extra balls only function if you've shot your fourth ball. At that point, pressing the yellow button should highlight extra balls. Dropping a coin at that point will play for a chance at getting one or more extra balls. It can sometimes take many nickels to get an extra ball. It depends on the reflex position and the position of various other units. After the coin flash finishes, extra ball will no longer be lit. Press the yellow button before dropping the next coin or the game will reset.

#279 6 years ago

Thanks BPC for that good reply to my question! In the bingo simulator program, which I greatly enjoy, you can play for extra balls before the game even starts - perhaps this is an error on the programmer's part?

I'll post a report on NicoVolta's visit, and our success (or lack thereof) with the bingo.

#280 6 years ago

Oh, interesting! Yes, that's an error. There are certain very early games that allow you to play for an extra ball along with other advantages, but you cannot play for eb alone on any game (aside from Leader and Bolero).

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from balzofsteel:

As close to a bingo as I've got - does this one count?

Four Corners is a neat unusual game. It's not seen much and might be a bit rare. I'm not positive but I don't believe there were a whole lot of them made.

1 week later
    #282 6 years ago

Very interesting FBI paper from RGP thread:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/143830NCJRS.pdf

#283 6 years ago

Read that on Danny's site some time ago. Good they got a few things really wrong there, or it would paint the bingos in a worse light.

Also, curious choice of games to highlight in '79.

1 month later
    #284 6 years ago

Mark have it up and running

brazil 10 (resized).jpgbrazil 10 (resized).jpg

brazil 14 (resized).jpgbrazil 14 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #285 6 years ago

Not sure if i posted these pictures here yet. All taken at one location. I almost bought the 6 card bingo. As you can see by cabinet and playfield it is a 1961 Bally Lite a Line with a common single coin bootleg back glass.

Aug trip 003 (resized).jpgAug trip 003 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 004 (resized).jpgAug trip 004 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 005 (resized).jpgAug trip 005 (resized).jpg

Aug trip 009 (resized).jpgAug trip 009 (resized).jpg

#286 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Not sure if i posted these pictures here yet. All taken at one location. I almost bought the 6 card bingo. As you can see by cabinet and playfield it is a 1961 Bally Lite a Line with a common single coin bootleg back glass.

Yet another mismatch! Golden Gate glass with a Silver Sails playfield.

#287 6 years ago

Golden Gate cabinet colors not correct either.....i mean Silver Sails.

#288 6 years ago

Bull market seems to be a bit of a rarity. IIRC, slight change to the center spotted feature (odds of it appearing). Otherwise, same as blue Chip.

Vic, do you have any other pics of the backglass of bull market?

Phil mentions it might've been made for Japanese export only?

#289 6 years ago

Bull market seems to be a bit of a rarity. IIRC, slight change to the center spotted feature (odds of it appearing). Otherwise, same as blue Chip.

I will double check to see if I have any other pictures.

#291 6 years ago

If you need more pics or the glass itself, I have a couple NOS Bull Market backglasses.

7 months later
    #292 5 years ago

There was a bingo swap-and-sell at my home a couple weeks ago. Thought you guys might like to see the crew, with a couple of my bingos in the background.

Left to right-Charlie Scott, Jeffrey Lawton (Dr Bingo), Mike (Dr Jr) Glauda, Butch Glauda; between Mike & Butch in the rear, Terry (Tim Casey's friend) and Tim Casey; behind Butch slightly right, Randall (Randy) Gorski & the host Robert Medl.

Swap-and-Sell-at-Medls-July-2018 (resized).jpgSwap-and-Sell-at-Medls-July-2018 (resized).jpg
    #293 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmedl:

There was a bingo swap-and-sell at my home a couple weeks ago. Thought you guys might like to see the crew, with a couple of my bingos in the background.
    Left to right-Charlie Scott, Jeffrey Lawton (Dr Bingo), Mike (Dr Jr) Glauda, Butch Glauda; between Mike & Butch in the rear, Terry (Tim Casey's friend) and Tim Casey; behind Butch slightly right, Randall (Randy) Gorski & the host Robert Medl.

The who's who of bingo pins....

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmedl:

I must have missed that call.....
    I know you purists don't like 20-holers or six cards, but I have an extra Nashville I could have brought.

#295 5 years ago

Here's a six card bingo backglass that is a repro of some sort. Thought I just post it for a reference.

DSC00551 (resized).JPGDSC00551 (resized).JPG
    5 months later
    #296 5 years ago

OK, Vic and crew, here is a Bally Night Club being offered for sale near my home. I don't own a bingo game, but have a few varieties of pin games; 2", 3", flipperless, wedgeheads... I am thinking this Bally Bingo would help round out my collection of games. I don't think it works (the wording on the ad is confusing). I can fix EM games. Your thoughts?

tampa.craigslist.org link

#297 5 years ago

If a had to guess...maybe the game won't start a new game either by coin or credit. I would call the seller and ask exactly what the RESET issue might be. Night Club is a great player...I owned one for about 5 years.

If you can repair EM Gottlieb wedgeheads, I don't think you'll have any trouble fixing the game, if it needs a repair. The game appears to be in good condition and perhaps in a good environment as of latley, meaning the seller might had have a working game, not to long ago.
    If that's the case this could be the game to round off your collection.

#298 5 years ago

Go and check it out. After a visual inspection make an offer. Looks like a fun project-

There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-bingo-pinball-machines/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.