Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 298 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00551 (resized).JPG
    Swap-and-Sell-at-Medls-July-2018 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 009 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 005 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 004 (resized).jpg
    Aug trip 003 (resized).jpg
    brazil 14 (resized).jpg
    brazil 10 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0380 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0375 (resized).jpg
    Gay time (resized).jpeg
    189 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0040 (resized).JPG
    20151114_115122 (resized).jpg
    There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 8 years ago

Yes....these new guys are buying bingos for the first time and are fired up about owning them. They also want to become part of the bingo pinball collectors hobby and even would like to do a podcast on how they purchased the games etc...which could snowball into something good. The best thing about these bingos were they are all plug and play machines.

bingos7-4-15 003.JPGbingos7-4-15 003.JPGbingos7-4-15 004.JPGbingos7-4-15 004.JPGbingos7-4-15 027.JPGbingos7-4-15 027.JPGbingos7-4-15 032.JPGbingos7-4-15 032.JPG
    bingos7-4-15 029.JPGbingos7-4-15 029.JPGbingos7-4-15 016.JPGbingos7-4-15 016.JPG
    bingos7-4-15 007.JPGbingos7-4-15 007.JPG

3 weeks later
    #102 8 years ago

Today I listed for sale a pair for nos backglasses (Bally LITE-A-LINE and Bally ROLLER DERBY) and a nos playfield for Bally BLUE CHIP or BULL MARKET)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-backglasses-and-playfield-for-bally-bingo-machine

Thanks for looking!

Robert Urbanowicz
    PINBALLMANIA LLC
    www.pinballmania.com
    www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc

#103 8 years ago

Email sent.............

2 months later
    #104 8 years ago

Awesome stuff - enjoyed looking at these. I think I might like to add a Bingo machine to my collection !

#105 8 years ago

Ditto, NoQuarters. I should be picking up a Roller Derby from Vic 2 weekends from now as long as everything falls into place. Looking forward to it!

#106 8 years ago

Toyguy, Roller Derby is a fantastic game with great backglass and playfield artwork.

I suspect you'll enjoy that wonderful Magic Screen game quite a bit!

Dasvis: that is a beautiful backglass! One note: be very careful if you decide to remove the numbers from the magic squares to clean better. It is incredibly easy to accidentally snap them in half.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

Ditto, NoQuarters. I should be picking up a Roller Derby from Vic 2 weekends from now as long as everything falls into place. Looking forward to it!

Lucky you ! Enjoy. Sounds like a good one. Nostalgia there too - I remember watching Roller Derby on TV as a kid. During the commercials the announcer would say " and remember you saw it right here on Roller Derby "

Congratulations on getting a Bingo machine.

#108 8 years ago

This picture is from a coin op business that was located in PA. The owner loved bingo machines.

Aug_trip_123_(resized).jpgAug_trip_123_(resized).jpg

#109 8 years ago

They made the money in their days, and paid it out sometimes.............

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

This picture is from a coin op business that was located in PA. The owner loved bingo machines.

Aug_trip_123_(resized).jpg

#110 8 years ago

Cool picture Vic - maybe one of those is still hanging around some where waiting for me . Or maybe there is even a nicer one somewhere that is possibly destined for my collection.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Dasvis: that is a beautiful backglass! One note: be very careful if you decide to remove the numbers from the magic squares to clean better. It is incredibly easy to accidentally snap them in half.

Thank you for the tip on the magic square numbers. I was just thinking about pulling that backglass & storing it at home, but perhaps I will be better off just leaving it in the head. My storage is temp controlled & I have the head on the floor facing the wall to protect it. I need to come up with a set of wood legs for it - has anyone bought a set of PBR's reproductions? Just curious about opinions on these.

#112 8 years ago

Are they specifically for Bingos? Bingos require a larger leg than that used on Gottliebs due to the extra weight of the head. You don't want them to snap on a good nudge. You may wish to ask PBR if they have any for bingos. If not, I can ask around and see if anyone's got a spare set.

BG - the numbers I'm talking about are the squares, and removing the squares is fine to clean, but be very careful about the little numbers which are nailed to the big white circle - those will snap if you apply pressure.

#113 8 years ago

Are they specifically for Bingos? Bingos require a larger leg than that used on Gottliebs due to the extra weight of the head. You don't want them to snap on a good nudge. You may wish to ask PBR if they have any for bingos. If not, I can ask around and see if anyone's got a spare set.
    BG - the numbers I'm talking about are the squares, and removing the squares is fine to clean, but be very careful about the little numbers which are nailed to the big white circle - those will snap if you apply pressure.

Thanks for the info - was not aware that the Bingo's used different wood legs. The legs that came on this were red painted metal (incorrect), & one of them had reinforcing welded to the inside, just below the mounting bolt holes. I assume this was because of the extra weight in the back of a bingo pin.
    Will drop an email to Jimmy @ PBR and see if they have any. Keep me informed of any used legs please.

Thanks - Dasvis

#114 8 years ago

Wooden bingo legs have a through bolt across the top to prevent splitting ... as in this photo.

#115 8 years ago

Huh... If that's what happens when you get a Bingo machine then I'm getting Two ! LOL

#116 8 years ago

Dasvis: also the legs with metal plates are correct for later bingos. When the heads started getting heavier, they switched to metal legs and added reinforcement plates to prevent twisting.

#117 8 years ago

Dasvis: also the legs with metal plates are correct for later bingos. When the heads started getting heavier, they switched to metal legs and added reinforcement plates to prevent twisting.

Good to know - I had noticed some photos of some machines and thought the reinforcement was done to repair a bad cabinet and leg connection. In some cases maybe so, in other cases it's factory. Is this just true of the late metal leg varieties ? Are those the only ones where the reinforcement is factory ? I suppose workmanship is a clue also ?

#118 8 years ago

As far as I know, it applies to every metal leg from the Bally factory. It always pays to check. I've worked on a game without the proper legs and it is kind of frightening, since the whole thing could come crashing down.

If you had to pick only two, put the reinforced legs in the back. As far as appearance? I don't think they were super concerned, but I haven't seen any horrible hack job bingo legs, other than the metal cage/cradles.

1 week later
    #119 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

Dave and I met today at about 1pm. We made a video of the Roller Derby with me explaining the odds, features, etc. Talked some pinball and away he went with the last bingo from the 10 game package deal. Yeah that's right.... the last bingo from the 10 game bingo pinball collection of Lou B. from NJ.

It was a pleasure to meet Dave and hear about the story of Dave and his father playing bingos in NJ and NY from his younger days as kid growing up. I was so glad the Bally Roller Derby bingo pinball machine went to a good home like the other 9 bingos did. I know Dave will be enjoying this Magic Screen game.

Well I had a great time finding homes for all 10 bingos, but was a little sad to see the basement completely empty with all the game gone.

BingDeal10-7-15_288_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_288_(resized).JPG
    BingDeal10-7-15_316_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_316_(resized).JPG
    BingDeal10-7-15_317_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_317_(resized).JPG
    BingDeal10-7-15_318_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_318_(resized).JPG
    BingDeal10-7-15_319_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_319_(resized).JPG
    bingos7-4-15_026_(resized).JPGbingos7-4-15_026_(resized).JPG
    bingos7-4-15_046_(resized).JPGbingos7-4-15_046_(resized).JPG

bingos7-4-15_052_(resized).JPGbingos7-4-15_052_(resized).JPG

#120 8 years ago

It was nice to meet you Dave. Best of luck with your bingo.

#121 8 years ago

What the heck is that can of (shudder) WD40 doing there in that first pic?

#122 8 years ago

Congrats Dave! And congrats Vic for finding a home for the R.D.!

Vic, I think that's a smart idea explaining the game via video - will help Dave figure out how to play and why he should do various things if he needs the explanation.

#123 8 years ago

Special thanks to Vic and Joe for helping me acquire my first Bingo machine. I can't lift much, so they did most of the heavy work and it was greatly appreciated. Here's a couple shots of the old girl stuffed into my Prius V.

Head_(resized).JPGHead_(resized).JPG
    Cabinet_(resized).JPGCabinet_(resized).JPG

I'm going to play it a while but eventually I hope to give it the full treatment and get the cabinet restored back to original colors, all the innards cleaned up and rebuilt where needed and get a new backglass for her.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I have a couple young, strong friends dropping by to help me get it down to the basement. Hopefully the sometimes jarring winter road ride didn't wreak too much havoc.

I expect I'll be having plenty of questions down the road, though Vic did an excellent job of teaching me how to play, showing me the general workings of the machine, etc.

Now why can't bingo machines be added to one's collection!?

Dave

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

a couple young, strong friends

[ ] young
    [ ] strong
    [✔] friends

#125 8 years ago

Dave, they can be added to your collection, I'm actually working on it (I got special permission from Robin)! I think I've got up to 1955 done. It takes quite a while to add each game. Slowly, slowly getting done.

I'll post here when I've finished. Will not be for some time.

It will definitely take two people to lift that head safely onto the cab. Be sure to thread the power cord out through the bottom of the head before seating it onto the lower cabinet. This is one of the more difficult parts of setup.

Also, I think jrpinball missed his calling as a bingo mover. It seems he's always lifting a bingo or helping move one. I think I'm going to fly him down here to help move some bingos in a couple months. Just to keep him in practice. In all seriousness, thank you for helping Vic with this project. I'm very excited that there are so many new bingo owners out there.

#126 8 years ago

Here's the list of bingos for the package deal again......Golden Gate/Roller Derby/Beach Beauty/Blue Chip/Ice Frolics/Bonanza/Palm Springs/Cypress Gardens/ and a project or parts Gay Time and Beach Club parts head.

I think the best condition game goes to Beach Beauty. Check it out.

BingDeal10-7-15_273_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_273_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_274_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_274_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_275_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_275_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_276_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_276_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_277_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_277_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_278_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_278_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_280_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_280_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_281_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_281_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_284_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_284_(resized).JPG

BingDeal10-7-15_282_(resized).JPGBingDeal10-7-15_282_(resized).JPG

#127 8 years ago

Hi Vic

I wound up buying the Palm Springs from the fellow who got it along with Bonanza !
    Brought it home yesterday and have it set up.

I will need some help with getting the Palm Springs working correctly. PM sent. Looking forward to some guidance.

Thanks
    John

Palm_Springs_at_home_001_(resized).JPGPalm_Springs_at_home_001_(resized).JPG

#128 8 years ago

A couple more pictures inside the head.

inside_plam_springs_head_001_(resized).JPGinside_plam_springs_head_001_(resized).JPG

inside_plam_springs_head_002_(resized).JPGinside_plam_springs_head_002_(resized).JPG

#129 8 years ago

Hey John, what's up with the Palm Springs? Congrats on that game - just played my first Palm Springs last weekend. The hold feature is killer!

#130 8 years ago

John read this article a few times in the link below. It will give you the knowledge you'll need to work your way around your bingo and feel comfortable repairing any problems you might need to address. I played and tested this Palm Springs many times(playing at least 100 replays on different days) and it worked correctly at it's previous owners home. I sent Dan a video of the game working all features throughout an entire game including extra balls, so more than likely it could be a easy fix.

http://archive.ipdb.org/russjensen/inside.htm

#131 8 years ago

I have a Bingo Vacation machine I would like to sell. Just does not get used. Super excellent condition. Hi tech, has nice size LCD monitor. Way ahead of it's time. Takes quarters, tokens...adjustable ( I only ever did quarter and 25 mm tokens). Fun machine. All chrome, clean. Beautiful wood playfield. I have it stored (in Michigan, near Detroit) but can take pics on request. Until then you can google "Bingo Vacation made by Keaon" or go to this link:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5857
    $800 obo

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

John read this article a few times in the link below. It will give you the knowledge you'll need to work your way around your bingo and feel comfortable repairing any problems you might need to address. I played and tested this Palm Springs many times(playing at least 100 replays on different days) and it worked correctly at it's previous owners home. I sent Dan a video of the game working all features throughout an entire game including extra balls, so more than likely it could be a easy fix.
    http://archive.ipdb.org/russjensen/inside.htm

Ok - Can you send me the video of the game working ? I would like to see the operation of the machine. If you have some time please reply to the PM messages I sent you outling some of the issues I see with the machine. You can send the video to my email I provided or you could post a link where I can view it. It may be helpful to see that. Thanks. Give me your number - I could call you when convienent.

#133 8 years ago

I sent the two videos to your email. Hopefully it helps out in some way.

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrostyMug:

I have a Bingo Vacation machine I would like to sell. Just does not get used. Super excellent condition. Hi tech, has nice size LCD monitor. Way ahead of it's time. Takes quarters, tokens...adjustable ( I only ever did quarter and 25 mm tokens). Fun machine. All chrome, clean. Beautiful wood playfield. I have it stored (in Michigan, near Detroit) but can take pics on request. Until then you can google "Bingo Vacation made by Keaon" or go to this link:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5857
    $800 obo

Wish you had it down here as I would have liked to check it out.

#135 8 years ago

Thanks Vic for the videos of Palm Springs. It was helpful to view them. We'll get in touch. I'll need some coaching for sure. Also got an offer of help from pin member and another bingo guru guy - Bingopodcast . Thanks guys. With some internet and phone coaching I'll see if I can get things playing correctly.

Just be patient - The Bingo is a whole new animal to me. I am getting half way decent with Flipper EM games - but the Bingos are a different breed !

#136 8 years ago

Also, I think jrpinball missed his calling as a bingo mover. It seems he's always lifting a bingo or helping move one. I think I'm going to fly him down here to help move some bingos in a couple months. Just to keep him in practice.

What can I say. I'm a glutton for punishment!

#137 8 years ago

You certainly are! You should have seen us plowing through the snow with the Roller Derby head on a hand truck. That was interesting

I've posted this elsewhere but for completeness sake, here she is all lit up and ready to go:

Its_Alive_(resized).JPGIts_Alive_(resized).JPG

#138 8 years ago

The new score and instruction cards looks awesome!

#139 8 years ago

VERY VERY RARE UNITED BINGO SHOWBOAT... CAN'T EVEN GOOGLE SEARCH AND FIND A PICTURE OF ONE
    LET ALONE PLAY ONE....BUT HERE IT IS...SHOPPED AND READY TO GO !!!!! THE KING OF BINGOS "BINGO BUTCH" TELLS ME
    HE WILL BE TAKEN THIS AND A FEW MORE VERY VERY RARE BINGOS TO THE YORK SHOW THIS YEAR.. THANKS VIC !! AWESOME CHAT THE OTHER DAY.. WILL BE DIGGING OUT SOME OF THE GAMES WE TALKED ABOUT AND MY DAD SAYS HELLO

bingo_butch_(resized).jpgbingo_butch_(resized).jpg

#140 8 years ago

BINGO BUTCH THE KING OF BINGOS playing with some of his United Bingo Collection

BINGO_BUTCH__2_(resized).jpgBINGO_BUTCH__2_(resized).jpg

#141 8 years ago

Nice bunch of Bingos Butch ! If you have a chance maybe get some shots of the other ones posted up here. Cool Showboat.

#142 8 years ago

Bingo Butch - very excited to see and play some of these beauties at the York show this year! That Show Boat is beautiful.

In other news:

Quoted from Toyguy:

Now why can't bingo machines be added to one's collection!?

I've added all the Bally games to the pinside archive. This helps with searches on a particular game. You can add to your collection or link to a post. I'll be adding United next.

#146 8 years ago

NO QUARTERS thank you and I will be putting every picture of every Bally Bingo Pinball machine ever made up here for everyone to see. Gonna take awhile to dig them out plus almost every United Bingo as well. Wanna make sure they are all cleaned and waxed and ready to go

#147 8 years ago

Love the artwork on lower cabinet .. = )

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

The new score and instruction cards looks awesome!

Yeah, thanks Vic. They came out great thanks to the resources on the bingo site. That place is a gold mine.

#149 8 years ago

The Show Boat (six card) bingo is so nice. I especially like the front door artwork, it gives the appearance of a 3D effect. Looks very cool for early 1950's and would attract any player for sure. The rest of the games artwork is beautiful too. I can't wait to see what other awesome bingos you guys have in your magnificent collection.

#150 8 years ago

Another Bingo from BINGO BUTCHS collection

stars_(resized).jpgstars_(resized).jpg

There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-bingo-pinball-machines/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.