Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by john041160
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ted and van.jpg
    ttoo jerry mike group.JPG
    ttoo limo jerry charles.JPG
    Vincent, Ted, Tyler, Pastore.jpg
    auctionkings.jpg
    viva.jpg
    tedbookcover.jpg
    surfing.jpg
    pcmag.jpg
    4O1A2824.jpg
    4O1A3729-816.jpg
    4O1A3467.jpg
    4O1A6817.jpg
    img013.jpg
    disney3.jpg
    disney2.jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

Here's mine

#2 9 years ago

Cool man, thanks for sharing.

It's funny how everyone always comments quickly about the electricity that we must pay. I have 28, and have never noticed a jump, all LED'd though.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks

#4 9 years ago

Cool video thanks for sharing.

#5 9 years ago

Awesome Arcade! Good stuff~

#6 9 years ago

Right on! Nice gameroom and sharing the fun with friends and family makes it even sweeter.

#7 9 years ago

I played a doctor on TV ... Season 3 on [Scrubs]

image.jpgimage.jpg

More info and pics here:

http://scrubs.justbecauseican.com/visit.html

#8 9 years ago

Nice game room.
    I agree with you, nothing makes me happier than to have all my friends over and to see all the games lit up and being played.
    You did good. looks like a good time to be had.

Thanks for sharing

Brian Lenker

#9 9 years ago

nice

#10 9 years ago

That's me busting through the fence...

#11 9 years ago

Ooooh oooh, earlier this year I played at the Louisville arcade expo tournament, and PAPATV did live commentary while I played ACDC! Probably doesn't qualify for "famous", but I was stupidly excited when I found out. What's great is that they covered the game that I actually played half decent on (120M I think). I had several < 10M games. Boy that would've been embarrassing.

(I start at 14:00, for some reason the auto link time isn't working)

#13 9 years ago

Sorry, misread the thread title. I posted a picture of my 15 inches of fame up there ^....until I realized my mistake.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

» YouTube video

Made me laugh as soon as I saw what you wrote! Didnt even have to watch the video.
    Oooh Yeah!

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

» YouTube video

You're the pitcher of Kool-Aid? I want to believe this.

#16 9 years ago

that was a pretty well done news story. I'd reckon there's more than $30k worth of games there

#17 9 years ago

"He deserves it."

I admire your marriage more than I do your collection.

Congratulations!

#18 9 years ago

Great topic I'll be back with pictures from college days.

#19 9 years ago

Here are my "15 minutes"...

Its not pinball, but it is game related. These are from day 3 of a 3-day ironman of gaming competition run by the website Screwattack. Parts 1 and 2 can be skimmed through as it can get a bit repetitive, but it's pretty good viewing as a whole. Perhaps someone may enjoy it

Intro (Game listing)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

#20 9 years ago

A good friend (pinsane on Pinside) took this pic at PAGG this year, it's as close to fame as I will ever get.

Steve

235137-i.jpg235137-i.jpg

#21 9 years ago

Very cool arcade John! Wish I was your neighbor! Lol

#23 9 years ago

Here is my 15 mins. Back in 99 at the height of the Jerry Springer show my buddy's aunt used to go around and find the people to play in the skits. She got us on I'm the one playing Rob.

#24 9 years ago

Me as an extra running over the bridge to the ferry in The War of the Worlds, at least it made it into the final cut

1.PNG1.PNG 2.PNG2.PNG
    #25 9 years ago

In 1998 I claimed to have won $195 million from powerball. I was on CNN, The Today Show, and every news station in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison. None of them would give me any footage though as I tricked them. I have lots of print articles about it though.

#26 9 years ago

Let the boy have our small 15 minutes... (Not pinball related)

http://vimeo.com/18146584

#27 9 years ago

I sat next to Colonel Sanders on the train at Disneyland when I was a child.
    th-3-287.jpegth-3-287.jpeg

#28 9 years ago

If you had a DirecTV football player card that received all the channels, you can thank me, the last publicly leaked 3M file when they phased out the cards was code I had written

I provided code to multiple websites for several years

Only something I can take credit for many years later...

#29 9 years ago

Definitely the Hands-On History segment for me. For the record, anything cheesy was scripted by them.

#30 9 years ago

NBC's "The World's Greatest Magicians" (1991)

Five minute performance of me at The Magic Castle with Paul Gertner.

#31 9 years ago

Here is a piece the local news did a few years ago... yea, they called me a pinball wizard...yikes

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I sat next to Colonel Sanders on the train at Disneyland when I was a child.

th-3-287.jpeg 7 KB

Odin, are you sure that wasn't Colonel Angus? To be fair, I didn't learn about him until late high school/early college.

#33 9 years ago

Not really fame but got to open for some pretty cool comics.
    IMG_1959.JPGIMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPGIMG_1961.JPG

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Me as an extra running over the bridge to the ferry in The War of the Worlds, at least it made it into the final cut

Do extras get paid? You look nothing like Charles Bronson!

Quoted from dantebean:

Not really fame but got to open for some pretty cool comics

What was your material like? Was it all Iowa jokes?

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

What was your material like? Was it all Iowa jokes?

That is your 2nd crack at Iowa and it got old at 1. How could I travel to other states and do standup if I do "Iowa" jokes? Guess Louis CK does New York jokes in Chicago? My material was sarcasm, social commentary, and crowd work.

Did something bad happen to you in Iowa or you just razzing me about it for no reason?

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

How could I travel to other states and do standup if I do "Iowa" jokes?

Larry the Cable guy seems to do quite well all over the country with southern redneck jokes.

#38 9 years ago

Larry the Cable guy seems to do quite well all over the country with southern redneck jokes.

Rednecks are everywhere. [insert Iowa joke here]

So now that I answered your questions, why ragging on Iowa all the time? Honestly I could understand if its from someone from NYC, LA, or any large city but Sioux Falls?

You also bragged about Sioux Falls being better than Cedar Rapids. Thats like bragging you're the shift manager at a Denny's and not McDonalds.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

You also bragged about Sioux Falls being better than Cedar Rapids. Thats like bragging you're the shift manager at a Denny's and not McDonalds.

Now that's funny.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

You also bragged about Sioux Falls being better than Cedar Rapids. Thats like bragging you're the shift manager at a Denny's and not McDonalds

There is no need to bring Denny's into it. It is a quality restaurant for the price.

Quoted from dantebean:

You also bragged about Sioux Falls being better than Cedar Rapids.

How do you remember all this?! Do you keep a detailed journal of each pinsider? I cannot imagine how big your journal would be on Choggard.

I was just razzing you. I didn't know you'd get so worked up

#41 9 years ago

There is no need to bring Denny's into it. It is a quality restaurant for the price.

How do you remember all this?! Do you keep a detailed journal of each pinsider? I cannot imagine how big your journal would be on Choggard.
    I was just razzing you. I didn't know you'd get so worked up

I have a very good memory for a lot of dumb things. I could trace out a local arcade set up from 1995, or what year a song, TV show, or movie came out. I can't memorize numbers tho for some dumb reason.

#42 9 years ago

My band being mobbed on stage at a sold out 930 Club show.

image-270.jpgimage-270.jpg

#44 9 years ago

Segment called Teenage Wasteland on Tonight Show when I was 14 or 15.

http://www.14news.com/story/1325638/local-teen-will-put-quarters-in-his-nose-for-leno

Could not find the video but here is an article.

#45 9 years ago

Yep. $80 for 1 day's work. That one day of work was from 3:30pm until 6:30 AM the next day. It was about 40 degrees out, on the bank of the hudson river in mid November, and it drizzled all night. It also took at least 3-4 months to actually get the check. It was a lot of fun though!

#46 9 years ago

Todd from TNT amusements stopped by my booth at Allentown this Spring (see 3:30 in his video).

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OxPJKrx6wQE?autoplay=1&rel=0

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#47 9 years ago

Yep. $80 for 1 day's work. That one day of work was from 3:30pm until 6:30 AM the next day. It was about 40 degrees out, on the bank of the hudson river in mid November, and it drizzled all night. It also took at least 3-4 months to actually get the check. It was a lot of fun though!

I'm sure it was an experience that lots of people would like to experience for themselves. Thats cool that you got to be a part of the movie. Would you do it again?

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Would you do it again?

Absolutely! It was really cool. On our meal break I just wandered around and watched the crew and Spielberg work and interact. It was a great experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

#49 9 years ago

Absolutely! It was really cool. On our meal break I just wandered around and watched the crew and Spielberg work and interact. It was a great experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thats awesome. I would love to do something like that. It would not have to be something major, just to be around the whole movie making process would be great. It takes a lot of small teeth to make a gear for a big machine. Hell, I would have paid $80 to do what you did. LOL.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Thats awesome. I would love to do something like that. It would not have to be something major, just to be around the whole movie making process would be great. It takes a lot of small teeth to make a gear for a big machine. Hell, I would have paid $80 to do what you did. LOL.

me to, but every time I approach potential talent for my "art film" they slap me.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-15-seconds-of-fame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.