Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3CFD02BE-E318-458F-8238-FF3D08D2E671 (resized).jpeg
    552A6189-C3B2-4AD7-81F8-2C4F893EF18A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20181030_202539 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    Time Out Tournament Winner Stern Magic (resized).jpg
    Stern Pnball Magic 1C (resized).JPG
    Stern Magic Pinball Playfield  (resized).JPG
    Pinball 269 (resized).jpg
    Ohio Show Magic 2 (resized).JPG
    FP3 (resized).jpg
    FP2 (resized).jpg
    FP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

I've got a Pin-Bot that never saw the outside of a house outside of transport. The original paperwork much like the manual are lost to time, but I got it off the second owner a few years back, and he got it off his neighbor that lived a few doors down the street from him. It basically has been a retiree special. When the first dude got too old and retired he sold it to the second owner. That guy then put it on craigslist where I caught it, and he didn't want to move it down to GA from here so he sold it and I got it. They bought it as an expensive toy in both cases, never really maintained it other than external cleaning unless something broke, then they called in someone (before I got it, the flippers were repaired as one was weak the other failed.) Due to bungled moving it the back of the topper on mine is cracked up some, and you have a little bit of mylar bubbling, along with just minor wood or plastic wear. Nothing is stuck or broken, not even the common vortex crack. It even came with the original mini manilla pouch with the added fuses, screw caps, and other random bits plus the blue Pinbot keyfob. I had to do quite a bit of cleaning and re-adjusting of it for awhile to get the vortex happy and the gate in the middle to play nice, but it's basically there now.

I don't want to clutter up a bunch of images, so if you wish, take a peek.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/22443064@N08/albums/72157690475359734

#16 5 years ago

At one point I was considering changing out the lights on mine for LED, but I never was clear, do you need to do anything extra or just swap the bulbs (on Pinbot?) And I do kind of agree hmu isn't always excellent, people may just bought it and neglected it from use/storage and it just degraded. I'm no repair wizard, but I can keep things from getting worse unlike the previous owners on mine. I know when it call it and ask for a locals help if I had to too.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Moto_bone:

Swap the bulbs to LEDs. Non-ghosting 4smd from comet under inserts. 2smd frosted for the GI.
    I've got LEDs coming this week for jungle Lord. I'll give you a before and after comparison.

I'm not familiar with types of LED and all that, it's something I had started to consider due to the low heat, brighter consistent light, colors that pop a bit more, and obviously the lower power draw too. So 4smd? 2smd? I'll have to look that up, but curious to see what you end up with. I'm honestly considering a trade deal right now on the pinbot table as I'd prefer something with longer play time and less brutal with instant ball thieving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-you-re-huo-pins?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.