(Topic ID: 144305)

Show us videos of your EM Pinball Machines!

By PinballFever

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6483_(resized).JPG

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Like the subject says. Show us videos of your EM pinball machines! Let's see your beautiful EM in all it's glory!

I'll start with a video of my 1949 United Mfg "Utah" pinball machine.

Bruce

#2 8 years ago

here are some of mine taken over the last few years

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, you have some good ones there. Love watching those videos.

#4 8 years ago

I recorded some games for the good of mankind.

1962 Gottlieb Flipper Clown

1947 United Mexico

#5 8 years ago

adding this topic post to my favorites

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

adding this topic post to my favorites

Ditto.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Great videos. Did you edit them to show the backglass in preview icon?

Quoted from DefaultGen:

Nice. I've never seen Flipper Clown gameplay.

Mankind (and Pinsiders) thank you for doing this.

Bruce

#8 8 years ago

Good idea Fever.
This Gulfstream video took me forever to make. I need to go back and make some more now that I figured out how to use the editing software.

A run of the mill video of my Hot Line.

#9 8 years ago

Great thread and sometimes videos on youtube are the way I decide whether to purchase a game as I get a feel how the game plays.

Someone please do a video of Daisy May! There is not a single video anywhere on the internet!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

This Gulfstream video took me forever to make. I need to go back and make some more now that I figured out how to use the editing software.

I liked the way you edited it. Showing closeups of the ball in action at top of playfield, bottom etc. Will have to try that too.

Quoted from ReallifePin:

A run of the mill video of my Hot Line.

I didn't realize Hot Line has such open field play considering it has 2 inch flippers.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Great thread and sometimes videos on youtube are the way I decide whether to purchase a game as I get a feel how the game plays.

Thanks I do the same thing. I watched a youtube video of Palooka action before buying one.

Someone please do a video of Daisy May! There is not a single video anywhere on the internet!

BenetBoy78 posted photos of his two Daisy May machines in the Woodrails, tell me about them topic. Maybe he would be willing to post a video of them.

Btw, I've linked all the games featured to this topic so far. Feel free to link your game if it isn't already linked.
Bruce

#11 8 years ago

Here's a quick video I made of my Gottlieb Flying Chariots. I'm not too familiar with the process yet so some of the edits and cuts are rough, to say the least

Dave

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Here's a quick video I made of my Gottlieb Flying Chariots.

Nice video! That looks like a really fun shot right up the middle. Now I want to try playing one.

Btw, is the artwork influenced by the movie Ben Hur?

Bruce

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

That looks like a really fun shot right up the middle. Now I want to try playing one.
Btw, is the artwork influenced by the movie Ben Hur?

Yeah, that alley shot is a good one. It's OK if you can get it bouncing up the sides, but anything straight at the target is coming right back down the center.

The alley shot and the outlane management are key. With those 4 outlanes, you know you are going to lose balls there. The trick is nudging to try and make sure you don't lose your lit pop bumpers. Unlike in the video, it's a good idea to plunge the ball to the side with the lit pops - you'll notice I forget to do that frequently

No idea if it had any influence from the movie. It's not a stretch of the imagination though.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Gottlieb Flying Chariots

I love the artwork package but hate the gameplay
as it is too much of a drain monster.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

With those 4 outlanes, you know you are going to lose balls there

Out Lanes that a hockey puck could fit into, fresh playfield rubbers will be a must have. Also lowering the Tilt Bob will also help.

#16 8 years ago

Here is a slighty anebriated o-din and friends doing some naration for Pinky.

#17 8 years ago

Here's my current videos I have made - some better than others
-77 Gottlieb Team One review

-76 Gottlieb Volley review

-78 Gottlieb Joker Poker-em version - video before teardown

-74 Williams Skylab playfield teardown in 35 seconds

-74 Williams Skylab game play

Check out my channel for a few other pins plus other stuff (juke boxes, model trains, Corvairs)
https://www.youtube.com/user/cad0kid
--
Jeremy

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

No idea if it had any influence from the movie. It's not a stretch of the imagination though.

It does look heavily influenced by the movie Ben Hur. Great artwork and I liked seeing the game lit up and playing like that!

I do enjoy playing pinball machines with the room lights off or dimmed so the lights on the machine glow.

Quoted from o-din:

I remember this video from when you posted it in a different topic and especially enjoyed the clever editing of the video so we can watch the backglass at the same time as the ball.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Love these videos. I'm trying to keep up watching all these videos as they're posted.

Keep them coming!
Bruce

#19 8 years ago

Here's a video I made of my Bally Freedom. At this point in time it still had some minor issues but was very playable. 5 balls per game, first hi score was set around 94,000 (maybe 96,000). I did just barely squeak by the 100,000 point score this game, thanks to the bonuses, so you get to hear the buzzer right at the very end.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the looks of that game! I may have to try and locate one of those. Thanks for posting that.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Hey o-din, on the Pinky Pin. I have watched the video 3 times, and have to ask. Can the Flippers get the ball up to the top of the playfield? Is it set to steep, or does it fall under the category of, "I'm Giving Her all I Got, Captain!" (Just curious.)

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Hey o-din, on the Pinky Pin. I have watched the video 3 times, and have to ask. Can the Flippers get the ball up to the top of the playfield?

The flippers are strong enough to shoot the ball through the right "y" rollover lane and back up into the pops which is a very tight shot and very satisfying to make. From the pops it can get into one of the upper kickout holes but never back up to the top. The top shots are meant to be plunger skill shots and you really don't want that curved right lane until special is lit.

All playfield objectives can also be completed with the lower rollover button as it rotates everytime you hit it. All in all it is a very fun game but very difficult to complete all the numbers and Pinky letters. Nudging is king on this game.

The video was done before I leveled the inserts and shopped it out and now it plays faster and smoother.

#23 8 years ago

Awesome.

#24 8 years ago

Yeah, I think I got my $100 worth. Some people knock impulse flippers but they are a bit snappier than the single wound flippers in the 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer I just picked up. But that is a great game too. If I go back any further there won't be any flippers at all.

#25 8 years ago

With impulse flippers, does the power drop when both are activated together?

#26 8 years ago

They run off a single 50 volt coil thru a relay so both flip at the same time with either button and then drop back down which really is not an issue because you aren't going to cradle on this game anyway. But they are snappy!

#27 8 years ago

Here is a video of one of my games, a 1968 Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan". My friend did a great job shopping it for me 20 years ago because it still plays as well as the day I got it.

Enjoy
Bruce

#28 8 years ago

Captain Fantastic... quite old video... will do some newer stuff on wedgeheads soon

#29 8 years ago

Here's number 2! Could probably have been shorter but, oh well

#30 8 years ago

Thanks for posting Toyguy. Enjoyed the gameplay as well as your commentary.

#31 8 years ago

Here is a video of one of my games, a 1968 Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan".

That's a cool game! 6 flippers! Almost like having 3 mini-games in one. I may have to keep my eyes open for one of those. Thanks for posting that one!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

That's a cool game! 6 flippers!

It is a throwback (nod) to the GTB fairy tale pin series from the late 40s

#33 8 years ago

Here is a video of one of my games, a 1968 Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan". My friend did a great job shopping it for me 20 years ago because it still plays as well as the day I got it.
Enjoy
Bruce
» YouTube video

Just viewed the video. That game plays great! Looks like a lot of fun with the six flippers. A regular gong-fest!

#34 8 years ago

Yeah, you don't need to put yellow dots in to make it back up to the top when you've got six flippers along the way.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

OPPinballFever said:
Here is a video of one of my games, a 1968 Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan".
That's a cool game! 6 flippers! Almost like having 3 mini-games in one. I may have to keep my eyes open for one of those. Thanks for posting that one!

You're welcome. I've enjoyed your videos too.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Just viewed the video. That game plays great! Looks like a lot of fun with the six flippers. A regular gong-fest!

It does play great. My friend did a good job shopping it 20 years ago. It still plays like the day I got it.

I'm planning to have my wife make a video of the game while I play it this time.

Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, you don't need to put yellow dots in to make it back up to the top when you've got six flippers along the way.

By yellow dots, you mean more powerful coils?

Bruce

#36 8 years ago

By yellow dots, you mean more powerful coils?

Yep.

PBR sells orange (+5%) and yellow (+10%) dot Gottlieb Flipper coils that give that extra zip. They also sell yellow dot Pop Bumper Coils which give you zing. I wish they made orange dots for the Pop bumper coils but that has not happened yet.

I just installed Orange dot Flipper coils and Yellow Dots for my pop bumpers on my Surfer. Talk about zip and zing!

On a side note I never high tap my machines.

Ken

#37 8 years ago

Here is one game of Top Score with de-synchronized pops.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

PBR sells orange (+5%) and yellow (+10%) dot Gottlieb Flipper coils that give that extra zip. They also sell yellow dot Pop Bumper Coils which give you zing. I wish they made orange dots for the Pop bumper coils but that has not happened yet.

Good to know this. I'll have to look at my game to see if yellow dot coils were used because it seems really zippy!

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

These videos are great and now we have videos of 42 different EM pinball machines. Keep them coming!

Bruce

#39 8 years ago

I'd also like to see a video of this game because I've never seen it in person.

I'd also like to see videos of your favorite games as well as of mine.

Woodrail games:
-Frontiersman
-Gusher
-Sea Wolf
-Royal Flush

Classic 60's games:
-Cross Town
-Bank-A-Ball
-Moulin Rouge

70's games:
-El Dorado
-Target Alpha

Add-A-Ball games:
-"Flipper" add-a-ball games (We have one posted of Flipper Cowboy)
-Subway
-Vagabond

Bruce

#40 8 years ago

Number 3 - Bally Sea Ray

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Number 3 - Bally Sea Ray

Sea Ray! What a cool looking game. I've been admiring the backglass and artwork in the photos on Pinside. I especially liked that wavy whatever you call it roll through at the top left.

Bruce

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Number 3 - Bally Sea Ray
» YouTube video

Gotta be honest and say I don't usually like commentary during pin videos. Yours really added to the entertainment factor though. Really good video. Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

I'm making a list of videos posted to date for easier reference.

I'll start with a video of my 1949 United Mfg "Utah" pinball machine.

1949 "Utah"

Quoted from illawarra92:

Some classics that Rod posted in order:

1977 Fire Queen
1971 Sky Rocket
1978 Neptune
1961 Corral
1975 Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy
1977 Jacks Open
1975 Abra Ca Dabra
1977 Super Spin
1975 Wizard!
1978 Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Rare EM version - only 470 made!)
1964 Happy Clown
1966 Capersville
1972 Wild Life
1974 Big Indian
1964 Bowling Queen
1964 World Fair
1953 Starlite
1965 Pleasure Isle
1958 Picnic
1972 Fireball
1974 Sky Jump
1977 Junge Queen
1976 Blue Chip
1973 Hot Shot
1971 Love Bug
1948 Tropicana
1977 Cleopatra
1965 Cow Poke
1971 Klondike

Quoted from DefaultGen:

1962 Flipper Clown
1947 "Mexico"

Quoted from ReallifePin:

Good idea Fever.

1973 Gulfstream
1966 Hot Line

Quoted from Toyguy:

Here's a quick video I made of my Gottlieb Flying Chariots.

1963 Flying Chariots

Quoted from o-din:

1950 Pinky

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

1977 Team One
1976 Volley
1978 Joker Poker
1974 Skylab

Quoted from feveredpinhead:

Here's a video I made of my Bally Freedom.

1976 Freedom

Here is a video of one of my games

1968 "Paul Bunyan"

Quoted from frg:

Captain Fantastic... quite old video

1976 Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy

Quoted from Toyguy:

Here's number 2!

1976 Grand Prix

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

1975 Top Score

Quoted from Toyguy:

Number 3 - Bally Sea Ray

1971 Sea Ray

Thanks for posting everyone! BTW, I didn't realize the 1961 Corral is an AAB!
Bruce

#44 8 years ago

Corral isn't an AAB. It looks like it with the 10 numbers across the bottom of the backglass but is actually a replay game.

#45 8 years ago

BTW, I didn't realize the 1961 Corral is an AAB!
Bruce

I made that same wrong assumption for the longest time also.
Until I finally played one.

Quoted from AlexF:

Corral isn't an AAB.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Corral isn't an AAB. It looks like it with the 10 numbers across the bottom of the backglass but is actually a replay game.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

I made that same wrong assumption for the longest time also.
Until I finally played one.

I made that assumption based on seeing the 10 numbers across bottom of the backglass. Looks very interesting from the reviews at IPDB. Now I want to try playing it.

"INCIDENTALLY, THE 10 NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BACKGLASS TELL YOU WHAT NUMBERS YOU HAVE AND NOT HOW MANY BALLS YOU HAVE TO PLAY --- THIS IS NOT AND NEVER WAS AN ADD-A-BALL AS STATED ELSEWHERE"

"I really enjoy games where you have a set of goals rather than just going for maximum points. In Corral, your job is to light all 10 digits shown on the backglass. You can do this by any combination of rollovers (there are 10), roto-target, and "spotted number" target. The six rollovers that drain the ball will give you their corresponding number (5 thru 10) *and* whatever number is currently spotted (changes when you hit pop bumpers). If you already have those two numbers, then you get squat -- but if you don't have either of them, then you'll get two new numbers. It's not hard to get 7 or 8 numbers lit, but getting all 10 is a real challenge that will keep you coming back for more."

Bruce

#47 8 years ago

1972 Space Time - I loved the tunnel light animation when I used to play this game!

Bruce

#48 8 years ago

1963 Swing Time - an AAB! (Checked IPDB to be sure)

Bruce

#49 8 years ago

Wow, guys I gotta work, I ain't got time to watch all those awesome videos... please, stop!!!

#50 8 years ago

1963 Swing Time - an AAB!

one of my favorite AABs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-videos-of-your-em-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.