Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

You little Shit-B, where are the promised refunds?

So much for your fecking word!

Not only that you have upped and disappeared.

I hope you're proud of yourself, you have single handedly destroyed the pre-order pinball business.
    Defrauded hundreds in the community out of money, lied, cheated and deceived folks.

You should be ashamed of yourself and you actions.

#2 9 years ago

ic3.gov or stfu

#3 9 years ago

You guys know that if Kevin has hired counsel, he has certainly been advised to keep his mouth shut until all the nonsense has been figured out.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You guys know that if Kevin has hired counsel, he has certainly been advised to keep his mouth shut until all the nonsense has been figured out.

....All of Kevin's Nonsense. Yes.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If that's the case, he should at least communicate that information.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Agree!!! Minimally a post or email to buyers stating that.

#7 9 years ago

I'm not taking Kevin's side, but what's the point of a thread like this? If he hasn't said anything by now, it's not like this thread is suddenly going to make him change his mind. I agree with vid. He's probably being silent on the advice of his attorney.

#8 9 years ago

Where is he getting money for an attorney?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not taking Kevin's side, but what's the point of a thread like this?

People are pissed. They're out thousands. They don't know what to do. Sometimes you just have to scream.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

People are pissed. They're out thousands. They don't know what to do. Sometimes you just have to scream.

And I totally get that. People need to vent. That's why the mods have given people much more latitude than normal when it comes to voicing their dissatisfaction with the situation. I just don't want people to have unreasonable expectations. The reality is that no matter how loud you yell, it's unlikely to have any effect on Kevin's silence.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

And I totally get that. I just don't want people to have unreasonable expectations.

You don't want people to have unreasonable expectations or have others say STFU. Right?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

He can't do that.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Experts of Dangerous preorders.

#14 9 years ago

I think that the venting threads are fine. People have a right to be pissed off and frustrated. They were majorly let down and outright lied to for a long, long time.

I feel for Kevin in some part too, because he obviously felt like he could eventually get things worked out, but at some point he got too deep and was too weak willed to own up to the mess he created and it got worse. I think he had good intentions up until the end, but that doesn't excuse his responsibility to make amends and pay restitution.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I think that the venting threads are fine. People have a right to be pissed off and frustrated. They were majorly let down and outright lied to for a long, long time.
    I feel for Kevin in some part too, because he obviously felt like he could eventually get things worked out, but at some point he got too deep and was too weak willed to own up to the mess he created and it got worse. I think he had good intentions up until the end, but that doesn't excuse his responsibility to make amends and pay restitution.

F him, this is his mistake and his own fault. He should sell everything he owns until he pays people back every cent. That's what they deserve

#16 9 years ago

People need a forum to vent. Friends, this is it.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Then perhaps he should not have said to expect any kind of update.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Perhaps you shouldn't have believed him...I mean by now anyway.

#19 9 years ago

I didn't believe him, just pointing out the fact that he threw that out there. If he has lawyers involved he should know that before leaving his paying customers (and the general public) hanging.

#20 9 years ago

Did anyone notice that Kevin has deleted all his posts from the Predator threads. Thank goodness some of the threads were locked. Those are still there.

#21 9 years ago

Well turns out the pre-order Predator people are the true Experts of Dangerous.

I got uncomfortable with Hobbit and backed out even with Jacks "heft" in the industry, I am amazed so many stayed in so long backing this kid with a homemade looking game.

I don't see how anyone can seriously think they are getting a penny back at this point.

Sorry.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Did anyone notice that Kevin has deleted all his posts from the Predator threads. Thank goodness some of the threads were locked. Those are still there.

That sneaky little twerp.

#23 9 years ago

Kevin Sr. also owes money to a couple of my friends, can they get in on this thread too? They've been looking for him to pay-up since 2001 when he disappeared.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That sneaky little twerp.

Probably a sleazy lawyer told him to try to erase all evidence of his online promises and communication. It's impossible to do. There are quoted messages, cached versions of the site, and all sorts of ways to recover what he's trying to hide. He's trying to make the story disappear, but this will only make it louder.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

I'm sure Robin has backups.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Wow, wtf, mods should ban his account to keep him from trying to erase history. Does he really think that's going to fix anything?

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Can you point me towards one of these? I just locked the Mission Complete thread just in case.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Edit: False

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

you have single handedly destroyed the pre-order pinball business

I wouldn't go that far. Lets just say Kevin is just another piece of the puzzle that makes Pre-ordering pinball machines INSANE !

#30 9 years ago

But he was last seen logged here Dec 3, 2014. ??

#31 9 years ago

I can't find anything at all showing that he's recently been logged in and/or deleted anything. I did just lock all the threads he himself started just in case, but I'm not finding anything current.

#32 9 years ago

I checked the old threads but don't see evidence of anything erased. Just add ?tu=skitbpinball to the thread and it will show you all his posts.

#33 9 years ago

Probably not the worst idea in the world to lock them now though.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Unfortunately, his lawyers fees will likely devour the lion's share (if not all) of any remaining money that could have been refunded to pre-order clients.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

That isn't going to help him. Web servers are backed up like any other server is.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

People on Pinside want instant responses, of course.

But in the real world, a criminal federal court case can easily take years.

Then, when that's over, Kevin will have to file for bankruptcy. That will take many months too.

Everyone will get a legal form to fill out for their claim, and the courts will divide it up.

-

No one should be sitting by the phone for a call from Kevin; "Hey buddy, I've sent your refund today!"

#37 9 years ago

The threads appear intact. This one is the best:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo

This is my favorite Q & A:

Vid1900
    “Amazing work Kevin!
    How much did the Predator license cost for 200 games?
    Is Arnold's likeness included in the License, or does he require some kind of separate license?
    How much oversight was there with the artwork from the film/game company?”

SkitB Pinball (Kevin)
    “The licensing and likeness costs and all that aren't really something we're allowed to talk much about, unfortunately. If you're wondering if certain characters will appear in the game / artwork, I can tell you that all of the notable characters are present in both.
    I'm not exactly clear what you mean with the term "oversight." We haven't run into any qualms with anyone about how the characters are being portrayed or anything, if that's what you mean. I know there was a big hiccup with the Demolition Man over something like that with Wesley Snipes and they had to go through multiple backglass designs because of it, but we haven't had any issues with anything like that, so we're happy.”

Vid1900 hit the nail on the head in the first page of the first thread...ugh!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, wtf, mods should ban his account to keep him from trying to erase history. Does he really think that's going to fix anything?

More likely his attorney had a heart attack and told him to delete everything.

The harder he can make Fox's job, the better.

#39 9 years ago

Come on people kevin needs to sell more pre-orders of experts of danger , because his lawyer needs more retainer money for the predator case , so any takers ???

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

so any takers ???

Probably a few still around here.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

Quoted from frolic:

I checked the old threads but don't see evidence of anything erased.

So, did he try to erase everything, or not??

#42 9 years ago

A fool and his money...

#43 9 years ago

There was one thread many months ago that said people cannot get the money back; they used it for development. Folks the money is long gone....KABOOM!!!....

#44 9 years ago

Seeing another one of these threads is so disheartening. I hope everything works out for you guys and soon.

#45 9 years ago

IMO, all the Predator customers should file a class action against Kevin/SkitB. He should be sued for millions.

Hope this helps: http://www.jacobymeyers.com/questions-about-class-action-l.html

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

So, did he try to erase everything, or not??

I pulled an IP search and a geolocator search on those IPs, and can't find where he's been on Pinside logged under his account since 12/3/14. And I can't find any blank posts, which is the only way that people can "delete" anything they said in the past. Nobody can fully delete a post except mods and Robin... and I sure as heck haven't been deleting anything for him.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, all the Predator customers should file a class action against Kevin/SkitB. He should be sued for millions.

Yep, he'll get them millions right out to everyone.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

I'm sorry everyone. I stand corrected. It just seemed that way to me. I'm soooooo relieved that he can't delete his posts.
    Carry on.

Thanks!

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep, he'll get them millions right out to everyone.

If he has counsel, the advice will be to pay every cent back when he gets hit with the class action.

Nobody knows if Fox will be suing for damages. If I had to guess, they will. If Fox gets to him first, there won't be anything left for everyone he defrauded.

#50 9 years ago

Pinball never ceases to amaze me.

Pre-order MMr pinball from Wayne in AUS.=full fail

Pre-order Predator=full fail

Pre-order Big Leb=nearly full fail, may recover

JJ pinball=partial fail, lawsuits looming, bankruptcy?

MMr=looks ok so far

Man, 2015 isn't looking good for pinball pre-orders.

Looking back over the last 15 years, in some ways the only guy that appears to have done it mostly legit and completed their goal up to this point is Gene C... sad really.

All the ultra leery "better watch your ass about giving money out for stuff before it's done" folks may be on to something.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-the-money-kevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.