(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 9 years ago

Excellent thread, some really interesting stuff!!

I've gravitated towards rare Spanish stuff for some reason... here are some backglasses I picked up recently that will make it to the gemesroom wall one day (after the gamesroom is built!!):

Backglass full.jpgBackglass full.jpg
Backglass full-695.jpgBackglass full-695.jpg
Illuminated backglass.jpgIlluminated backglass.jpg
backglass.JPGbackglass.JPG
backlit backglass.JPGbacklit backglass.JPG
backglass full.JPGbackglass full.JPG
Backlit backglass.JPGBacklit backglass.JPG

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do Black Magic 1-3 have great backglasses too?

The lower the number the lower the number of score displays so you get more artwork... that's kinda how it works

Some close ups of some of these and some others, there's some great detail on 'Golf' that didn't come out well on the backlit overview shot...:

Blue people.jpgBlue people.jpg backglass full.jpgbackglass full.jpg Backglass.JPGBackglass.JPG Backglass trees.JPGBackglass trees.JPG backglass club heads.JPGbackglass club heads.JPG
#205 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Those are AMAZING! Where on earth do you find those???

Spain... through a contact I have there... All of those came from the same seller... I actually have 2 of the 'Fighter' if anyone wants one

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

oversized data east/sega DMD count?

Isn't that the usual size DMD for that game... or am I missing something...?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That. Is. Amazing!

I couldn't agree more, I fell in love when I saw this game, and I'm still in love after having it for ages... I like the backglass 3D-ness, and those 'coloured ball' lights in the backglass are connected with gameplay... not played enough games on it to figure out how it all works yet though... got that to look forward to!!

#302 9 years ago

I think this one's quite a rare game... the IPDB didn't even have the game listed 'till I sent pics if it about a month ago... Another from Spain! What's interesting about this game is that the score displays have the artwork going over the top, so the scores shine through the thinner paint... Not seen that on any other pin!!

backglass.JPGbackglass.JPG
Cab right.jpgCab right.jpg
Playfield full.jpgPlayfield full.jpg
lower playfield.jpglower playfield.jpg
playfield looking down from top.jpgplayfield looking down from top.jpg
backglass showing overpainted score displays.jpgbackglass showing overpainted score displays.jpg
Board set.jpgBoard set.jpg

Castle plastic.jpgCastle plastic.jpg playfield skull.jpgplayfield skull.jpg
#307 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Those Spanish pins are a trip!

Couldn't agree more! They hit the spot every time in satisfying my craving for interesting and obscure games!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's not the original cab art is it?

I'm sure it is, yes... the Videodens name is on the game also...

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK. What does the bb side art look like?

That's a good question. I had this game shipped from Spain to France (cheaper than shipping to my home by half), and then collected it from France while on a business trip... There were a few games shipped at the same time, and I could only fit 2 complete games plus either the head or the cab from another game, so I beheaded Ator and sqeezed the cab in... I took pics while I was there showing the boards so I'd not make any mistakes with the connectors while re-connecting the head, but didn't think to photograph the side of the bb, which got left there... When I got the cab and backglass home I took more pics for the IPDB, but no bb side art... I've now got the bb home following another recent business trip, so can fill that void... You've got me wondering what's on there now... Watch this space

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Some day I really want to come visit you

Quoted from MustangPaul:

No kidding, I've got to see it also. By the way I'm 3/4 Czech.

All pin heads welcome!! Ones with technical repair knowledge could even get their flight paid for Best to wait 'till my gamesroom is all done and the games are set up tho... That will be at LEAST another year, probably closer to two!!

3/4 Czech... so I guess it means one of your parents is Czech and the other is has one parent that's Czech... I'm not sure how much Czech I am... both my kids are half Czech, so I guess I must be part Czech... but both my parents are British...

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dads side was 100 and moms side was half German and half Swed. That would make me half not 3/4 Czeck I think.

Well, Germany is next door to Czech, so you get some Czech credit for that, so maybe your 9/16th Czech

Quoted from pinBilly:

2 kids times one half equals one whole!

Congrats, you're fully Czech!!!

Mmmm, in that case I should probably speak Czech... something went wring there then

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You live there and you don't speak it?

It's shameful but true... My kids are trying to teach me... occasionally... My excuse for not learning is that if I can speak Czech then I won't be so insistent that the kids speak English, and that won't be good for them for the future (English being the world language and all that)... The more realistic reason is that I'm a lazy ass!

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Well you are not too lazy to haul over 100 pins

True... pinball does have the strange ability to pull me out of my lazyness! The truth is that if something stimulates my mind, I get very active in it... Everything else tends to take a back seat... which includes learning Czech, which is a shame bearing in mind I live here!!

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you have all your games set up? How about some pictures.

I wish just half were set up!!! Sadly I only have 4 games set up, 2 in my flat (Transformers and Mach 2), and two in my girlfriends flat (Big Town and IO Moon)... the rest are in storage, which is an absolute shambles at the moment!! I know it's off topic, but here are some pics of the mess... I also have about 50 pins stored at work!! I tried 2 remove all the backglasses because the store has no heating!! I simply can't wait for my gamesroom to be finished!! (it's progressing!!). The last pic is from my previous store where things were a bit more ordered, and which wasn't as cold! Excuse the mennequins

New store large room.jpgNew store large room.jpg
New store mid room 2.jpgNew store mid room 2.jpg

New store mid room.jpgNew store mid room.jpg
Overview.jpgOverview.jpg

#330 9 years ago

Oh, and here is the bb side art from the Ator:

Head side.jpgHead side.jpg
#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can we see some Io Moon photos?

This game is at my girlfriends flat about 4hrs drive from where we live... we'll be going there for Christmas where I'll finally have time to play some games on it (dropped it off on a recent business trip so I'd have something to do over Christmas while the 'in-laws' visit )

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

When your game room is complete I would love to help you move them in!

Well, I can never say no to an offer like that!! The rear wall is being erected as I type!! (that last bit isn't in response to your offer by the way... it's just happening anyway... I don't want you to feel I'm building the room quicker to take you up on your offer )

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

where's "Litvinov" ?

It's a very long way from Austin, Tx!

Iron Maiden... I'd struggle to let that one go... such a beautiful game!! And the one I have is flawless... When it hits home that I simply don't have space for all these, a lot of what were keepers will suddenly become sellers...

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Wow! Gorgeous art. Very sexual. Just like pinball.

Yes... that under-water sea nymph's relationship with that monster fellah seems to be more than platonic if you ask me!! And even though she has a green tinge and can breath water... she's still hot!! In my opinion the artwork on this game simply can't be beat!! There's even art in the shooter lane and under the light shields!! (see below). I also love how the plastics on this game just have seaweed as art, making it look like the ball is actually 'IN' the sea! 'SEA' below!

I'd love to shoot a gameplay vid, but the game is folded away at the moment... it will be my goal in life to achieve this one day!

Shooter lane.jpgShooter lane.jpg

Upper rollovers.jpgUpper rollovers.jpg
Right sling.jpgRight sling.jpg
Right kickout.jpgRight kickout.jpg
Right standup.jpgRight standup.jpg
Upper playfield.jpgUpper playfield.jpg

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you want to ship all your euro titles over here, i'd be happy to store them for you.

Thanks for the offer... I may take you up on it when I'm dead

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Don't ship them to the USA...keep them in Europe !!!

Good point... the USA has enough games already

#348 9 years ago

Steering back on-topic... here's another game that I picked up a few months ago... The IPDB had a page for the game (at least the NAME of the game), but when I went there to see if I should upload more pics, I saw a completely different game, but by the same manufacturer... the game they had on there was called Galaxy Play 2... the photo's and game features matched GP2... so they'd mis-spelt the name of Galaxy Play 2 as Galaxy Play (the '2' is very small on the backglass, so it's understandable!)... So they didn't actually have any knowledge of the game that was ACTUALLY Galaxy Play... Anyway, that's all been corrected and the below game now occupies the rightful slot 'Galaxy Play' by Cic Play. Sounds confusing, but it was quite a simple error... So, this game also wasn't listed on the IPDB 'till I sent pics in... well, the name was, but the game wasn't

I will get round to re-rubbering and cleaning these things one day so they look all pretty!! (I feel slightly ashamed to put these dirty pics up here!!)...

Backglass full.jpgBackglass full.jpg
Playfield birds view.jpgPlayfield birds view.jpg

Flipper view.jpgFlipper view.jpg
captive ball area.jpgcaptive ball area.jpg
Speaker pannel.jpgSpeaker pannel.jpg
mid playfield.jpgmid playfield.jpg
upper right playfield.jpgupper right playfield.jpg
drop targets.jpgdrop targets.jpg
Upper rollovers.jpgUpper rollovers.jpg
Instruction card area.jpgInstruction card area.jpg

Post edited by pinballslave: Just saw how dirty the game is!

Backglass lit from rear.jpgBackglass lit from rear.jpg
Spaceship over skyline.jpgSpaceship over skyline.jpg

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The ships on that game are clearly from the miniseries "V". Cool.

That series sounds like it HAS to be seen!!

Sorry for going OT, but which release (year) of V is the one to watch, or are they all good?? Wiki says:

It debuted in 1983 as the two-part television miniseries V, written and directed by Johnson. It was followed in 1984 by a three-part miniseries, V: The Final Battle, and a nineteen-episode weekly television series, V (sometimes referred to as V: The Series) during the 1984-85 television season. ABC ran a remake known as V: The 2009 TV series which ran for two seasons for a total of 22 episodes between 2009 and 2011.

Yes, it certainly looks like Galaxy Play was copied from this... the logo on the space-ships is almost identical...

V comparison.jpgV comparison.jpg

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I watched the original mini-series on tv when it aired in the 80's. It was great back then.
They tried some follow-up shows recently, but weren't too great. (but i'm older now)

Yeah, I found out that the 2009/11 follow up series was cut short due to low ratings... So I'll be looking for the original 83 series

#364 9 years ago

This game is one of my favourite rare finds, it was love at first sight! Clearly the gameplay isn't going to be up to much, but for some reason the sparseness of the playfield made it even more alluring... This game will never leave me! As you can see, what look like standup targets are actually drop targets! The company that made this game only made one title... (this one, just to clarify ) I'm sure there can't be many left... Spanish law meant that operators had to destroy machines once they came off site... absolutely crazy, but true!! The survivors were the ones that only law-breaking operators kept hold of...! To me, that makes them even more special...

backglass.jpgbackglass.jpg
Overview.jpgOverview.jpg
Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpg
Head side.jpgHead side.jpg
Playfield mermaids.jpgPlayfield mermaids.jpg
Front overview.jpgFront overview.jpg
Backglass mermaid.jpgBackglass mermaid.jpg

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Whenever you do get these all out and in one place, pinballslave, we need a video walkthrough!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to being able to do that!! I've got so used to the frustration of waiting that when it finally happens I'll have lost interest!! (nah, that will never happen!!). The Siremar backglass mermaid has to be the hottest mermaid in the world... or is it just me... I actually have the head from this game in my office at work so I can gaze at it when I get sick of the chore of the daily grind (i.e. almost constantly )

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Check out his post in "lets see pics of gamerooms".

Ah yes, well spotted Progress at last!! hahaha!! Seriously, it took over a year to get council approval to start digging!! In the battle between nature and pinball, pinball won in this case...!

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does it have electronic scoring?

Do any of the electronic parts in that game have date codes on them?

Siremar is an EM game...

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Will it be built into the side of a hill?

Yes, my house is on a hill... and the only place the build the room was by digging into it!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

How big will it be?

The main pin-room will me 8m x 8m, not enough for all the games I plan to keep (I hope to fit about 40 in there)... so quite a few will go into the basement of the house too...

Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, when I found that out I went

Madness isn't it! It actually fueled my enthusiasm to get hold of these things even more!! I have to admit that I've become a bit Spanish pin obsessed!!

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

24x24ft roughly. 40 is gonna be a tight fit. How high of a ceiling?

Yes, it's gonna be a squeeze! I couldn't make it any bigger or the front would end up eating too much of the drive... and the back ended up taking too much land away, plus I started to hit rock, so the builder started complaining it was too hard to dig! It's going to have a sloping roof and will be 2.5m (8.2ft) at the front and 3.68m (12ft) at the back, so I'll have a nice display wall for backglasses

Quoted from jlm33:

Simple but interesting layout. Probably with decent flow. I also like the central captive ball with its two lateral position: not an easy shot! Never saw that "toy" before!?

Have you played that one?

Not yet, it was supposed to be working, but I just didn't have chance to try it out... I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays though!

Quoted from s1500:

There's another pin who's backglass directly rips off the poster art from "After the Fall of New York" a not-so-bad post apoc film.

Which pin is this?? I googled 'After the fall of New York' but didn't recognise any images from a pin...

#387 9 years ago

Your enthusiasm for this game seems to even exceed mine... just... I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to fiddling with this one and eventually (hopefully) getting it all going and playing it!! Yes, those flipper gaps are B I G !! The seller said it was a worker, but sadly I haven't even had time to plug it in since I got it!!

Here's a pic of the cab side art closer up (and in better focus than above!):

Cab side art.jpgCab side art.jpg

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The characters on Fighter are actually from Warriors of the Wasteland -
Poster:

Player 1 score display has obscured an interesting part of the art I see... that's a real shame!

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The characters on Fighter are actually from Warriors of the Wasteland -
Poster:

Actually, it's also from The New Barbarians...

TB.jpgTB.jpg
#391 9 years ago

An interesting variation of the artwork

WOTWL.jpgWOTWL.jpg

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, check this out, pic look familiar? He obviously cruises Pinside for pics.

I might buy it and make a good one out of the two

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

You should look and see if he hyperlinked to your pic, then you could change it to what ever you want. It could be fun.

Steve

I doubt he did that... I guess he screen dumped it... Anyway, time to show my ignorance again... How do I see if he did that? You mean by changing the image in my post and seeing if it changes his image...?

I don't even know how to change the image in my post... I only seem to be able to delete it...

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do it either but I've seen others have fun with it and it was fun to watch.

Steve

I THINK you can only do this if the images are hyperlinked to your own site, I'm sure it's not possible through the pinside attachments... but I'm a moron when it comes to this sort of thing!

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Unfortunately the playfield was no good structurally and the insides had been all hacked up, so it is getting a playfield transplant from a Playmatic Last Lap and converted to solid state

It's a real shame you can't keep the original playfield in there... Good luck with the project!

2 weeks later
#467 9 years ago

As requested previously, here's some pics of my IO Moon that I was able to play and photograph over the Christmas break

Backglass and display.jpgBackglass and display.jpg
Full playfield.jpgFull playfield.jpg
Flipper view.jpgFlipper view.jpg
Glowing rock pops.jpgGlowing rock pops.jpg
Upper playfield.jpgUpper playfield.jpg
Full view.jpgFull view.jpg
Dead astranaut on playfield.JPGDead astranaut on playfield.JPG
Upper right playfield.jpgUpper right playfield.jpg

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Thank you, that game looks awesome!

Wow, you're quick

I wrote a write-up about it on the review page for the game by the way...

Here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/io-moon/ratings

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Does the red planet on the left spin or have a function?

Doesn't spin, just looks pretty

There is a diverter underneath it to lock balls...

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I can't believe those pop caps. Beautiful

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Io Moon might have the coolest pop caps around

They look even better in the flesh

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Lee, is there a video out there of said pin?

Not that I'm aware of... I've never video'd a game before, and I didn't have a way to do it when I was with the game... When I get a few more set up at once and get my act together then I'll make some vids of a few games that aren't that well known...

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

PS- how is the construction going on the gameroom? Any pics? Did you start a new post about the construction of it?

It's coming along, thanks for asking... no new pics yet, but the main supporting wall's doubled in height since I went away for the Christmas break! (main rear wall is now 4.5m high!! (almost 14ft!!). I think they've gone too far.

I didn't start a topic about it... I might add some pics occasionally to the gamesroom thread

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

If I can get my phone to cooperate here I'll get a video of my machine uploaded.

Hi Matt,

have you managed to figure out if there's much more to the gameplay than I wrote on the review page for this game?

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/io-moon/ratings

By the way, I found out why my targets weren't dropping on the first hit, but would just latch back and then all latched targets would drop at once... the target bank plunger was sticking in the coil sleeve, so the mechanism wasn't retracting... A coil firing somewhere else on the game would set it loose, so they'd then all drop at once... changed the sleeve and it fixed it... I love it when a fix is that easy!! Feel somewhat dissapointed that it wasn't a neat feature of the game though Also, have you worked out what the game says when you get an award from the Monolith? That voice is the deepest I've ever heard on a pin!!

Also, do your flippers have moments when they don't respond during the multiball start sequence? I thought it was a dodgy flipper switch at first, but found that it happens to both flippers and ONLY during multiball start, so it must be a bug in the logic...

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I'll have to go back and listen closely to the voice during the monolith award. I want to say that I did finally figure it out, but I can't remember off hand.

To me it sounds like: "I have observed monolite mission"... Doesn't make a lot of sense though, but it is the Spanish speaking a kind of English I suppose...

Quoted from MattElder:

Regarding the multiball/flippers thing, YES, mine does it too and it's a big annoyance. I figured it was a software bug....

I tend to hold the flippers up 'till it's got all three balls in play, and before then just fire them if I'm at risk of losing a ball... it's crazy that they wouldn't bother to fix this clear bug... That's the Spanish for ya I guess... Manana

Quoted from MattElder:

The diverter was sticking so I kind of got robbed on multiball because a few shots passed straight through. Multiball would've been nice to show.

Balls were passing around the planet on mine when lock was lit at one point, it turned out to be the switch...

By the way, do you know what the player is supposed to do after getting to 40mil and 80mil jackpots?? Is there another JP that becomes available after this? I get lost at this point re what to do!

#558 9 years ago

Here's another game you don't see so often... in fact I've only seen it once! I love the captive ball system on this one and the way the energy from the playfield ball is transferred to it! I was very confused when I first got it because I thought the captive balls had been removed... I was also puzzled why the targets were so high up... then the penny dropped and I realised the captive balls aren't half as captive as I thought!!

full view right.jpgfull view right.jpg

Data section on backglass.jpgData section on backglass.jpg
front overview.jpgfront overview.jpg
left captive ball.jpgleft captive ball.jpg
Lower playfield viewed from head.jpgLower playfield viewed from head.jpg
Playfield birds view.jpgPlayfield birds view.jpg
Ramp entry with spinners.jpgRamp entry with spinners.jpg
right captive ball from side.jpgright captive ball from side.jpg
upper flipper looking from head.jpgupper flipper looking from head.jpg
Under ramp plastic upper left.jpgUnder ramp plastic upper left.jpg
Upper playfield from head.jpgUpper playfield from head.jpg
upper flipper play area.jpgupper flipper play area.jpg
right captive ball and pops.jpgright captive ball and pops.jpg
View from lower arch.jpgView from lower arch.jpg
Right sling from above.jpgRight sling from above.jpg
ramp exit diverter.jpgramp exit diverter.jpg
Plastic under ramp upper right.jpgPlastic under ramp upper right.jpg
Playfield lady right.jpgPlayfield lady right.jpg

Backglass-522.jpgBackglass-522.jpg

middle targets.jpgmiddle targets.jpg Upper playfield lit.jpgUpper playfield lit.jpg upper rollovers.jpgupper rollovers.jpg
#564 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have you made a video of that yet?

I should have probably got my finger out and made a vid when I had it set up, but it's now in storage and another game is in its place... when I set it up again in the gamesroom I'll definitely do it!

Quoted from zr11990:

Betcha can't find ramps for it when they break.

I bet so too! I feel very lucky that this ramp is in great condition!! Amazing really when there's no protection for it at all!! I actually feel a bit nervous playing it in case I damage it!!

Quoted from zr11990:

Soooo you hit the back of the red doohickey and it knocks the captive ball into the target?

That's about right, yes You need a good and hard shot to give the captive ball the energy needed to hit the target hard enough to register!

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hopefully the rules are little better than some of their other stuff.

The rules are OK, nothing amazing... to be honest it's a while since I played it... the big downside is that every ball starts from the same place... no carry-over of any feature at all... One cool thing is that when the ramp shot is primed for some special shot (not even sure if I really figured out what would cause it), but it would ring a quite loud bell, a bit like the bell in Black Knight, but louder.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Btw, how high is that head? looks like it's up there with Banzai Run.

It's actually no higher than a standard machine... maybe a touch... it looks high because it's relatively narrow, and it extends down the side of the cab... it's also quite thin because the boards are in the cab... all add to the illusion of it being tall.

Quoted from zr11990:

With a Dremal tool an old side rail about 4 hours and some cut fingers I made a ramp guard for one of my pins that looked better than a Cliffy.

I hear you... but the snag with a ramp guard is that it would distract from the beauty of the naked ramp... Although I'd be really upset if I knocked a chunk out of it!

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Question : Where did you get this machine

I got it from my contact in Spain... I gave him a list of games I'm looking for, and he found this one (amongst others)

Quoted from lb45:

Ipdb lists this machine as unique model made by the spanish manufacturer !

Not sure what you mean by this... it was actually made by two different manufacturers (Juegos Populares and Automatico MonteCarlo, the latter being the version I have and made under licence from JP). I can't see anywhere where either listing says either of them are unique...

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5952

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4104

Neither listings state a production quantity... I guess this information isn't available!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I think he's trying to say that being made by Automatico MonteCarlo, it was the unique "model" from them....

Ah yes, that all makes sense now, sorry, I should have spotted that... I didn't realise AM only made that one game... kind of weird... they only make one game, and it's simply a copy of the game made by JP, but with the AM 'M' logo on things like the spinner, DTs, stand up targets, bottom arch, pop-caps, backglass and shooter lane!

Weird how they had to make another version of the playfield just to get the 'M' logo in the shooter lane!!

Shooter lane with makers logo.jpgShooter lane with makers logo.jpg

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

sorry for double pic post. his right arm is by his right foot

You can edit the post and delete one of the pics if you want

2 months later
#599 9 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are... I love the artwork on this beast!!

Upper pf and score area.jpgUpper pf and score area.jpg
upper rollovers.jpgupper rollovers.jpg
upper left plastic.jpgupper left plastic.jpg

Top left plastic.jpgTop left plastic.jpg

mid left playfield.jpgmid left playfield.jpg

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game has a handle on each side so you can move the playfield forward and back a little.

Correct... The playfield rests on small brackets at each corner and has a small steel ball set inside a holder for ease of playfield movement... Unfortunately the photographed game is missing its handles, but they look easy enough to make.

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that looks tits.

Yes, I noticed those too... pretty hard not to

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Last time I sent pictures to IPDB it was a little over a week before they posted the pictures!

Sometimes Jay is quick, but I'm starting to see that on other occasions, more recently, it seems to simply not happen... maybe there was a bug in the system... I just looked, I can see that I submitted the pics on Sep28th 2014, still not approved! I've done the whole lot again!!

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Pat lawlor first game... Wrecking ball 1 of 1
I posted pics on the ipdb.org if u want to see detailed pics.. He made it all by hand.

WOW!! So I guess this was a kind of prelude to Banzai Run... Amazing!! How did you get hold of this?

Quoted from pmWolf:

by now, I'm pretty much giving up, will settle for someday just getting a Backglass.

There's always that 2nd one I have I mentioned in our PMs that prompted me to post these pics

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Got the same problem with ipd
Send them pics of foreign games
And they don't post

What up with that?

I really don't think Jay has anything against foreign games (or should I say 'non-US games ), maybe he's just overloaded...?

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

My records show you sent us only five backglass close-ups, last Sept 28. I was late to have emailed you back on December 1st asking you for a full backglass picture. You replied that you thought you had sent one but wanted to wait until you got your game room finished before you could send one. Your full backglass and your many nice playfield and internal view pictures were submitted to us yesterday. They are now up on the site.

Thanks for clarification Jay, I do remember that mail now, I was overloaded at the time and didn't get chance to take the full backglass photo... I guess I didn't realise that you were holding back on putting the other pics up 'till the full backglass photo was submitted... Anyway, all's well that ends well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.