(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 9 years ago

Prototype Guns n Roses playfield

IMG_0328.JPGIMG_0328.JPG

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I was under the impression the proto GNR had a drop target in front of the 'add band member' hole...

Nope, but there is a stand up target next to the Axl scoop with the extra "Time to Rock" insert just below it.

GnR pinball 056-1.jpgGnR pinball 056-1.jpg

#169 9 years ago

Data East Kabuki. 1 of only 2.

Kabuki Playfield.jpgKabuki Playfield.jpg

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

WOW! What a neat looking game. How does it play?

Quoted from dtown:

Dude, I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. Please! How does it play?

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Looks like Tommy

Pdxmonkey is right. It is based off a Tommy. So it plays, well, like a Tommy. The very basics of the rules, sounds, and display were changed. The "Kabuki" code isn't very deep. As a matter of fact, once you get to a certain point in the game play, it turns back into a Tommy (Sounds, display, etc). The game was never intended to be anything deep or complex. It was built to lift the spirits of the chairman of NAMCO who was battling a very aggressive form of cancer. While not a complete game by any means, it served its intended purpose well, and is still fun to play.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There are two of them. The one built for chairman and one made after the fact ( by Herb Silvers ? ). The one made for the chairman is supposed to be a little more than the other.
LTG : )™

From my understanding, the code for the 2 is exactly the same. The cabinet art, and plastic are are different as the one pictured is the one Herb built and he came up with the cab and plastic art on his own. The one you have access to, is that my old one or the chairman's?

-Dave

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not mine, it was the chairman's.
Info I got was from the current owner.
LTG : )™

Oh Wow! I always figured the chairmans was still in Japan. Any chance you can get your friend to share some pictures of the chairman's version? I would love to see the differences as the only pictures I know of are of mine that I submitted to IPDB.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Does it still use the blinders? I bet if it's there it comes out as a japanese fan.

Yes, and yes.

#208 9 years ago

How about a prototype gun colored G ramp for Guns n' Roses.

Proto G Ramp 1.JPGProto G Ramp 1.JPG

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

So much nicer than the piss-yellow production version!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Maybe piss yellow/green if you drank antifreeze. I like the yellow version better. If you put that in the game, you know how hard it would be to even see that ramp. Way to dark and would blend in to much.

Actually the tinted one looks much better in the game IMO. It actually makes seeing through and behind it easier and doesnt blend in at all. Theme wise it actually makes more sense too as guns aren't usually neon yellow.

2 weeks later
#406 9 years ago

Proof that rare doesn't necessarily mean it's worth anything. How many of these bad boys do you think are out there??

image.jpgimage.jpg

#408 9 years ago

It's for a DMD game, so no score windows.

#411 9 years ago

Lloyd's got it right!

#412 9 years ago

It's actually screened onto a polycarbonate sheet. So it's not a translite and it's not a backglass. I don't know what to call it.

#419 9 years ago

I don't believe they ever made more than the 3 prototypes. The game never came to be (for obvious reasons).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 7.50
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.