(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#854 7 years ago

My rarest item(s) just arrived yesterday!

F1 Prototype Whitewood (resized).jpgF1 Prototype Whitewood (resized).jpg

F1 Prototype Backglass (resized).jpgF1 Prototype Backglass (resized).jpg

F1 Prototype storyboard (resized).jpgF1 Prototype storyboard (resized).jpg

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What is that crossed ramp beauty? M Ritchie?

It's actually a Python design (that's his storyboard and backbox art as well).

Python was always so innovative. That middle ramp has a DMD beneath it that was to tie into the gameplay.

#859 7 years ago

Not at the moment, but it did when it was pitched to Williams and JJP. I'm hoping to eventually get it back to that point using FAST or P-ROC

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that a system 11 game or WPC? What kind of displays are in the backbox?

It was housed in a NBAFB cabinet when it was being pitched, so WPC95? The backbox would have the translight and a DMD.

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I see inline drops.. does that glove ramp lift? Sweet piece of rare pinball.

Not only inline, but there's also a bank that blocks the left ramp.

The glove ramp doesn't lift. The concept was to launch the ball up the ramp and hit one of the random targets on the spinning wheel, which in turn would effect your position in the race (Move ahead ten laps, etc).

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I know I'm jealous. Crossed ramps, Python early prototype. Does anyone have any stories about it? Was it competing against Nordman's i500?

It was being pitched to Williams just as they were about to close their pinball division. It was later pitched to JJP. Apparently Jack was interested in the game, but was looking to retheme it into a card playing/poker game, and he wanted to drop the middle DMD ramp. That's what I was told, and the source is as legit as it gets.

The backglass art that Python whipped up would have been awesome if it had been completed. It's pretty detailed when viewed up close.

I plan on purchasing a donor machine and having the backglass art converted into a reproduction translight. I don't ever expect to have the game run with intricate code or anything like that, but I would like to get it flipping again. When I see what's there, it makes me really miss Python and what he brought to the hobby.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

Do you have photos from the backside of the pf?
Do any of the "big guys" (pps, jjp,...) have some detailed informations about it?

I could take pictures of the backside for sure.

I would think PPS wouldn't have any information for this game as it was never picked up by Williams. It was pitched by Python, but he wasn't working for Williams at the time. He was an independent contractor pitching his idea from what I understand. JJP could weigh in on the information I was given (card game conversion, no playfield DMD, etc), but I don't know that there's much to know beyond that.

My info comes directly from Python's partner on the project.

1 month later
#876 7 years ago

My most recent addition: The Pinball Circus original marquee screen. I just need to figure out the best way to display it.

IMG_3194 (resized).JPGIMG_3194 (resized).JPG

IMG_3193 (resized).JPGIMG_3193 (resized).JPG

9 months later
#950 6 years ago

Prints are cool, but how about some original Paul Faris artwork? Here's some early Xenon and Centaur art by Paul, all signed and part of my personal collection.

IMG_4021 (resized).JPGIMG_4021 (resized).JPG

IMG_4049 (resized).JPGIMG_4049 (resized).JPG

IMG_4050 (resized).JPGIMG_4050 (resized).JPG

IMG_4053 (resized).JPGIMG_4053 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1013 6 years ago

This one is going to be tough for me to top. Need to find a good frame place to give it the proper treatment. The price was a fantastic surprise too.

IMG_4751 (resized).JPGIMG_4751 (resized).JPG

IMG_4750 (resized).JPGIMG_4750 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh, so that's where some of that original tooling ended up. Interesting.

There were a ton of original tooling listed on eBay recently. They sold for fairly reasonable prices imo too.

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I recognized a few of those pieces as recent auctions, such as the wizard blocks ramp tooling and Cactus Canyon train tooling. The FH, T2, NF, and RS molds I hadn't seen pop up before.

Yeah, those are new to me as well. Pretty wild stuff, especially the Rudy mold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=beaglepuss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.