(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1950 Williams Pinky. Not sure how rare or how many they made but I'll be darned if I've ever seen another one. Someday I will refinish the wood and remove that splatter. It is a very fun game to play. The Rocket next to it is kind of rare too from what I understand.
Pinky.jpg

I was looking up an article for someone in the old Pinball Trader and came across this corny poem that someone sent in and thought you might be interested. Seems Bill liked his game even better than you do. Maybe a little TOO much! From the August 1989 issue.

img354.jpgimg354.jpg

6 months later
#811 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's also not the only original art this guy has. Some really cool stuff.
ebay.com link

That's Bill Kurtz's stuff. He has had that for sale for decades.

1 year later
#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

BS
There are plenty of reasons to cc a nos pf. The main one being inserts that are loose or uneven.
Correcting that and sealing it is a perfect reason to clear it.
Owner preference is a reason too. One you may not agree with but it is a reason.
If it's not preps right it will go bad? No Shit.

Black Knight vs. Black Knight!

4 months later
#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Anybody know anything about this manufacturer? I think it's supposed to dispense gumball's or maybe bouncy balls?
John

hmmm....http://www.nytimes.com/1976/02/04/archives/metropolitan-briefs-man-guilty-in-shelton-firebombing-award-against.html

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Anybody know anything about this manufacturer? I think it's supposed to dispense gumball's or maybe bouncy balls?
John

There is an ad for the game and one other (with photos) in the Dec. 17, 1966 issue of Billboard, page 61. Upper left corner, under the company name 'Betco'.
Just an early version of gumball games.

Here's a link to the Billboard archives: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Billboard-Magazine.htm

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

"There is an ad for the game and one other (with photos) in the Dec. 17, 1966 issue of Billboard, page 61. Upper left corner, under the company name 'Betco'.
Just an early version of gumball games."
Screenshot for convenience

Thanks. I'm pretty much computer illiterate. I have trouble copying the Billboard stuff.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Wow forgot how popular and big Herb Alpert was back in late 66. with 5 LP albums in the top 40.
from wikipedia....
From the week ending October 16, 1965 through the week ending April 29, 1967, the group had at least one album in the Top 10, marking 81 consecutive weeks. For many of these weeks, more than one album registered in the Top 10. In 1966, over 13 million Alpert recordings were sold, outselling the Beatles. That same year, the Guinness Book of World Records recognized that Alpert set a new record by placing five albums simultaneously in the Top 20 on the Billboard Pop Album chart, an accomplishment that has never been repeated. In the first week of April of that year, four of those albums were in the Top 10, simultaneously

One of my favorite albums when I was a teenager. And the music is good too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

4 months later
#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Have a fireball prototype #15. Has black disk. Production had red. Not sure the other differences.

Nice. It's assembly line buddy #1014 is pictured on the IPDB.

3 months later
#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

so... maybe that's where Jack got the idea from ???? edit: not really a selfie I suppose sorta like DI its a surprise shot

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3616

2 years later
#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

If you come across a nice lock down bar for the Hercules I'm your guy.
Thanks,
John

My carpenter brother-in-law made one for me many years ago. I had three Hercules at the time so he had a good rail to copy from. Turned out perfect. I'll see if he still has the jigs for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 7.50
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.