(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.
#201 9 years ago

I bet this is rare , STTNG with the lock and holodeck inserts in the wrong hole. Green insert is supposed to be lock with a green boarder and the Holodeck is supposed to be amber with you yellow boarder.

CIMG1749.JPGCIMG1749.JPG
#202 9 years ago

Hello
I wanted to share some rare Theatre of Magic items.

Buddy

IMG_8563.JPGIMG_8563.JPG IMG_8574.JPGIMG_8574.JPG IMG_8576.JPGIMG_8576.JPG IMG_8562.JPGIMG_8562.JPG
#203 9 years ago

Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom. A rare early Bally solid state.

IMG_8551.JPGIMG_8551.JPG IMG_8541.JPGIMG_8541.JPG IMG_8530.JPGIMG_8530.JPG IMG_8542.JPGIMG_8542.JPG
#204 9 years ago

Voltan has one of the best art packages ever! The spinner shot is very rewarding especially when 1000 points is lit. Some pictures of the playfield and a closeup of the city in flames.

IMG_8545.JPGIMG_8545.JPG IMG_8546.JPGIMG_8546.JPG IMG_8534.JPGIMG_8534.JPG IMG_8536.JPGIMG_8536.JPG IMG_8537.JPGIMG_8537.JPG IMG_8548.JPGIMG_8548.JPG
#205 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Those are AMAZING! Where on earth do you find those???

Spain... through a contact I have there... All of those came from the same seller... I actually have 2 of the 'Fighter' if anyone wants one

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Data East Kabuki. 1 of only 2.

Backglass.jpg 50 KB

Kabuki Playfield.jpg 150 KB

Does it still use the blinders? I bet if it's there it comes out as a japanese fan.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Does it still use the blinders? I bet if it's there it comes out as a japanese fan.

Yes, and yes.

#208 9 years ago

How about a prototype gun colored G ramp for Guns n' Roses.

Proto G Ramp 1.JPGProto G Ramp 1.JPG

#209 9 years ago

oversized data east/sega DMD count?

10291114_10205048491834908_2123883934748404314_n.jpg10291114_10205048491834908_2123883934748404314_n.jpg
#210 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

oversized data east/sega DMD count?

Isn't that the usual size DMD for that game... or am I missing something...?

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

yes but as far as i know there are none being made as of now.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

kinda rare to find a source for those, reasonably priced

#213 9 years ago

Our Firepower with factory cut playfield and factory installed switches that work, behind the standup targets.

IMG_1462.JPGIMG_1462.JPG IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1465.JPG
#214 9 years ago

I haven't seen one of these for a while.

Steve

Safe cracker display.jpgSafe cracker display.jpg
#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

How about a prototype gun colored G ramp for Guns N' Roses.

So much nicer than the piss-yellow production version!

#216 9 years ago

This is a phenomenal thread. Thank you to all those sharing.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

have any other Matrix items ?

I know this are more customized, but I thought these were very cool looking. Gerard posted these and had these made for his Matrix. I know they are 1 of a kind..

Matrix Legs.jpgMatrix Legs.jpg

#218 9 years ago

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Not pinball, but here's something interesting that's rare. It's actually the second one I ran into. I was told recently that these were never meant to be owned by the general public.

They made them, and then they actually gave them away via various things. I stupidly had the chance to get one cheaply and didn't have the money for it at the time, and then like a month later one of them sold on eBay for something ridiculous like $20k or something.

Whoops.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

They made them, and then they actually gave them away via various things. I stupidly had the chance to get one cheaply and didn't have the money for it at the time, and then like a month later one of them sold on eBay for something ridiculous like $20k or something.
Whoops.

If i had extra space, Fix-it-Felix would be a great one to have.
Got to play it a while at Disneyland.
It definitely fits the 80's style game play. Secretly wish game play was more complex
But if it were... my "want it" factor would escalate.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

They made them, and then they actually gave them away via various things

All of the wreck-it-ralphs were just nintendo cabinets re-themed, and then you stick a laptop in them to run the flash game that disney gave away for free:
http://games.disney.com/wreck-it-ralph-fix-it-felix-jr

http://triosdevelopers.com/jason.eckert/blog/Entries/2012/12/20_Anatomy_of_a_Wreck-it_Ralph_arcade_machine.html

Local arcade in west dundee has one. You can download the art for free:
http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com/home/starworlds/wreck-it-ralph/fix-it-felixjr-cabinetartwork/

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I haven't seen one of these for a while.
Steve

Safe cracker display.jpg 126 KB

I have to find mine.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

All of the wreck-it-ralphs were just nintendo cabinets re-themed, and then you stick a laptop in them to run the flash game that disney gave away for free:

No, they weren't. Disney made a number of 'official' ones themselves that were used in the promotion of the game. There was something like ten of them that were made like this. There were additional ones that were made by hobbyists after that point using the method that you're explaining (and, admittedly, from what I know the official ones still used the same type of method to run the game), but there were actually a few "real" ones.

They were not intended for sale to operators, but they were also not intended to never be given to the public, as Disney did just that.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Disney made a number of 'official' ones themselves

Wonder if there's any sort of plate or paper to proove authenticity? Quite a difference between a $20k official disney cabinet, and a hobbyist made cabinet. Looks like from this youtube video, the "official" game had a specific PC executable vs just a flash file

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Maybe piss yellow/green if you drank antifreeze. I like the yellow version better. If you put that in the game, you know how hard it would be to even see that ramp. Way to dark and would blend in to much.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wonder if there's any sort of plate or paper to proove authenticity? Quite a difference between a $20k official disney cabinet, and a hobbyist made cabinet. Looks like from this youtube video, the "official" game had a specific PC executable vs just a flash file
» YouTube video

Most of the cabinets that were given away to cast members and for contests included paperwork in the form of an operation manual with contact and troubleshooting information. The majority of the cabinets were made from scratch with the first few being converted Nintendo cabinets.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

From what I remember, which is rather sketchy / loose, is that the "real" one boots straight into the game itself and immediately starts playing, where I believe the hobbyist ones don't. I believe there were some graphical differences in the "real" one, and the gameplay is harder too (as the flash version you can play for a LONG time).

I was like two or three layers away from Disney's promotion of the movie, and thanks to the MGC and those layers, I was more or less offered one for the cost of shipping plus making some people promote it during the show. This was by one of the people more associated with it, so maybe it wouldn't have worked, but I didn't have anyone to spare for promoting it, and I didn't really want to pay the shipping cost for it. In retrospect... damn. Could've hired someone from outside, shipped it in and made out like a banshee.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

From what I remember, which is rather sketchy / loose, is that the "real" one boots straight into the game itself and immediately starts playing, where I believe the hobbyist ones don't. I believe there were some graphical differences in the "real" one, and the gameplay is harder too (as the flash version you can play for a LONG time).
I was like two or three layers away from Disney's promotion of the movie, and thanks to the MGC and those layers, I was more or less offered one for the cost of shipping plus making some people promote it during the show. This was by one of the people more associated with it, so maybe it wouldn't have worked, but I didn't have anyone to spare for promoting it, and I didn't really want to pay the shipping cost for it. In retrospect... damn. Could've hired someone from outside, shipped it in and made out like a banshee.

The real game was actually leaked, but not the associated batch files that modify settings and registry specs. The PCs are old office PCs from Disney which still have various files on them from their use as office workstations.

EDIT:
Wanted to mention that if anyone is bringing replica machines to events running the leaked .exe file, Disney is starting to crack down on piracy. I received an email from the production company responsible for the props claiming that I was not to replicate the machine I have and that they are actively on KLOV looking for violators. I don't think they care if you keep your replica machines private, but do not sell them and do not bring them to shows.

#229 9 years ago

wow

#230 9 years ago

i tried playing the flash game just now. it is much smoother & easier than the arcade game i played at disneyland. the machine game-play at disneyland is much tougher when it comes to Felix movement.
Not sure if it's different code between the 2, or just worn down controllers on the arcade mx.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

» YouTube video

As far as I know Disney raffled off two cabinets as I entered both contests on their rewards website when the DVD was being released.

I have the PC .exe file. It was available online at one time. I added it to my mame cabinet.
And it is different from the flash version.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Voltan has one of the best art packages ever! The spinner shot is very rewarding especially when 1000 points is lit. Some pictures of the playfield and a closeup of the city in flames.

IMG_8545.JPG 54 KB

IMG_8546.JPG 57 KB

IMG_8534.JPG 54 KB

IMG_8536.JPG 72 KB

IMG_8537.JPG 77 KB

IMG_8548.JPG 78 KB

That is some great artwork!! Wow!

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have the PC .exe file. It was available online at one time. I added it to my mame cabinet.
And it is different from the flash version

Sure enough, it got leaked
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=135630.0

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Maybe piss yellow/green if you drank antifreeze. I like the yellow version better. If you put that in the game, you know how hard it would be to even see that ramp. Way to dark and would blend in to much.

Actually the tinted one looks much better in the game IMO. It actually makes seeing through and behind it easier and doesnt blend in at all. Theme wise it actually makes more sense too as guns aren't usually neon yellow.

#235 9 years ago

Here is a prototype playboy Playfield signed.

image-996.jpgimage-996.jpg image-335.jpgimage-335.jpg image-938.jpgimage-938.jpg image-279.jpgimage-279.jpg
#236 9 years ago

Here are some of my super rare promo keychains and a South Park standup. Many of these pieces are the only known to exist. If you have rare promo plastics, please contact me.

Thanks

Gerry

IMG_3499.JPGIMG_3499.JPG IMG_3500.JPGIMG_3500.JPG
#237 9 years ago

Just pf and box of parts but looks to be pretty rare. Send in them offers

image.jpgimage.jpg
#238 9 years ago

This sweet thread made me dig this out. Don't know if its rare or not it a nos Simpsons pinball party mini pf.

image-577.jpgimage-577.jpg
#239 9 years ago

I have a CFTBL standup display signed by Trudeau. Not sure if it's rare or not.

#240 9 years ago

Lots of good stuff on here. Keep it going....

I snapped a few more pics and added them to my post on page two if anyone wants to see anymore Alvin G goodies. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/2#post-2051441

#241 9 years ago

Found this magnetic Williams screwdriver/fuse puller? in a machine. Probably not too rare.
Also found this black pinball in the Black Rose import machine I bought in '04, lodged under the power cord and back wall. Was reading up on it and found out that they made several black prototype balls for this machine back in the day. Some probably went out in a few early machines. That would be the 2nd from the left ball, between the white ceramic and the gold ball.
BobDSCN1330.JPGDSCN1330.JPGDSCN1332.JPGDSCN1332.JPG

#242 9 years ago

The 'black' ball you posted reminded me -

I have one of the 'prototype' blue powerballs; got it from Ted Estes when testing the 9.4H ROM for him. I know of another in existance down in Georgia (not sure if he's on Pinside here). Next to it is a very dark grey pinball I had made custom, many years ago. It's ceramic, like a powerball, but about half the weight. It's actually almost *too* light to put into a game, as some switch's springs are too strong and will catch the ball. (Like the left ramp switch..) I had 5 of these made, and gave a couple of them out to other collectors.

Blue & Dark Grey Powerball.jpgBlue & Dark Grey Powerball.jpg

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I have one of the 'prototype' blue powerballs; got it from Ted Estes when testing the 9.4H ROM for him. I know of another in existance down in Georgia (not sure if he's on Pinside here). Next to it is a very dark grey pinball I had made custom, many years ago. It's ceramic, like a powerball, but about half the weight. It's actually almost *too* light to put into a game, as some switch's springs are too strong and will catch the ball. (Like the left ramp switch..) I had 5 of these made, and gave a couple of them out to other collectors.

Blue & Dark Grey Powerball.jpg 201 KB

forget those cool balls... how much for the groovy napkin?

#244 9 years ago

That's a Sparkle paper towel I recognize those anywhere

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

forgot those cool balls... how much for the groovy napkin?

Hah! $1.99 for 4 rolls of them at Costco! Not really that collectible.

But if you REALLY want one, let me know!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#247 9 years ago

I got this backglass. Only one I've ever seen.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I would sell it, but I refuse to ship it.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Blue & Dark Grey Powerball.jpg 201 KB

I was offered a blue powerball for sale several years ago. Didn't buy it at the time but wish I had. Very cool.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from targetlaf:

Asteroid Annie

DSC00099.JPG 64 KB

DSC00098.JPG 252 KB

I finally got to see / play one of these at the PHoF back in October! Fun game.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was offered a blue powerball for sale several years ago. Didn't buy it at the time but wish I had. Very cool.

It's neat to have and display, but absolutely completely useless in the game.

It's completely invisible during gameplay, and being lighter (like the regular powerball), super fast.

I'll only put it into my game to let visiting players freak out and try to play with it - usually will last a game before they accept defeat.

My dark grey one is easier to see (oddly), but is much, much faster than a regular powerball. You can literally shoot it around the left spiral, and it will be out the other end of the spiral before the game can open the gumball diverter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.