(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.
#1451 1 year ago

I guess this probably counts as rare. Not just that Mac Attack is a rarely seen game but that it is now a working example! Still have to clean and adjust some switches but so far it is working well and more fun than I thought. Finally was able to get through all three video modes.

20230122_180702 (resized).jpg20230122_180702 (resized).jpg

#1452 1 year ago

A paper cut out and build kill bill pinball.
I got this at pin a go go in 2018 when they had the kill bill home brew pinball there.

D24A8E1E-8E91-4142-9DB5-8E0A6CF315DC (resized).jpegD24A8E1E-8E91-4142-9DB5-8E0A6CF315DC (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1453 1 year ago

Not the greatest pics but the best I can do.

Both are prototype glasses and represent artwork submitted for final approval. They are one of a kind.

Jetsons was approved except for the WB logo. They wanted that removed.

Scooby Doo was approved as is. The final glass is this only all the logos and company names were added in the bottom left corner.

001D06C1-503A-49C3-ABF1-580C94D148B6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg001D06C1-503A-49C3-ABF1-580C94D148B6_1_105_c (resized).jpegE3972306-F043-4860-913A-3943CA2B76A8_1_105_c (resized).jpegE3972306-F043-4860-913A-3943CA2B76A8_1_105_c (resized).jpegCEA21F8C-BF76-4B36-9478-1AE8D9D25E84_1_105_c (resized).jpegCEA21F8C-BF76-4B36-9478-1AE8D9D25E84_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1454 1 year ago

That's pretty kool !

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Both are prototype glasses and represent artwork submitted for final approval. They are one of a kind.
Scooby Doo was approved as is. The final glass is this only all the logos and company names were added in the bottom left corner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I love the jetson backglass !

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I love the jetson backglass !

I've been promised the proto glass for the next Spooky pin.

When it comes, the glasses will be shifted on the wall such that the outlet and cable jack will be covered and there will be 3 glasses.

That one's going to be a while.

2 months later
#1457 11 months ago

Last week I visited a friend, he is the owner of the "one of a kind" prototype KISS machine.
Very cool and plays like new.

This is one of three prototypes. One was destroyed in the USA, one is lost in France and this beauty was and is in Germany. In this days germany was a big market.

IMG_8308 (resized).JPEGIMG_8308 (resized).JPEGIMG_8309 (resized).JPEGIMG_8309 (resized).JPEGIMG_8316 (resized).JPEGIMG_8316 (resized).JPEG

#1458 11 months ago

I thought the rune "s"'s were verboten in Deutschland? .

That said, I've seen that molded, presumably fiberglass/plastic, cabinet used on other protype games, but just can't place it at the moment...

#1459 11 months ago

Yes it was and is prohibited. But this is a proto game, so on the glass is the "hard S", the playfield is "normal S".
The playfield is not wood, it is plastic.

let me know which machines have the same cabinet. The backglass is other size than regular ones.
The sticker on the coindoor is also original. Never saw this before.

#1460 11 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes it was and is prohibited. But this is a proto game, so on the glass is the "hard S", the playfield is "normal S".
The playfield is not wood, it is plastic.
let me know which machines have the same cabinet. The backglass is other size than regular ones.
The sticker on the coindoor is also original. Never saw this before.

I absolutely love cabinet design, i know existence of this but in Real it's Amazing !!

#1461 11 months ago

It really fits the KISS style.

#1462 11 months ago

Somehow reminds me of an old classic american "wide" car.. Beautiful!

1 month later
#1463 9 months ago

Picked up this prototype for the Peter Criss pop bumper cover from the 78 Bally machine. There was a Gene and Paul also for auction, but no Ace.

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#1464 9 months ago

Sorry for the crappy pics.

But I’ve been putting back together a Williams unreleased prototype called Direct hit. Number 3 off the line. But the only one known to exist?

Had its first dollar game in 30 years.

IMG_5754 (resized).jpegIMG_5754 (resized).jpegIMG_8052 (resized).jpegIMG_8052 (resized).jpeg
#1465 9 months ago

Nice ! How does it play ?

#1466 9 months ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:Sorry for the crappy pics.
But I’ve been putting back together a Williams unreleased prototype called Direct hit. Number 3 off the line. But the only one known to exist?
Had its first dollar game in 30 years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Need more pictures and info. What do you do exactly? And is there more were not seeing? Come on, give up the goods.

John

#1467 9 months ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I guess this probably counts as rare. Not just that Mac Attack is a rarely seen game but that it is now a working example! Still have to clean and adjust some switches but so far it is working well and more fun than I thought. Finally was able to get through all three video modes.
[quoted image]

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

#1468 9 months ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Need more pictures and info. What do you do exactly? And is there more were not seeing? Come on, give up the goods.
John

The premise of this game is to float the ping pong ball level with the black arms as they move up and down. The black arms are supposed to have an acrylic piece screwed to the front.

The longer you stay in the window, the faster points accumulate. As I’ve been playing, so far I have gotten through 5 rounds. I’ve owned it for a little over a year now, but just started putting it together and fabricating parts. I ended up replacing and modifying the acrylic tube, blasted all the rusty hardware, got a new repro glass made. The original is drawn art taped to acrylic. The neon was broken when I received it, all the mirrored surface in the background was replaced. New top glass channel. And most importantly, yes I have dumped the roms.

I am nearing the finish line on completing it. All I need to do at this point is laser cut a piece of acrylic on the black arms to establish acceptable window to accumulate points.

I got the bug up my ass because I have another still crazy to set up next to it.

IMG_8057 (resized).jpegIMG_8057 (resized).jpegIMG_8058 (resized).jpegIMG_8058 (resized).jpegIMG_8059 (resized).jpegIMG_8059 (resized).jpeg
#1469 9 months ago

I also have a Williams Darts to share. Another unreleased proto (to my knowledge). I believe this is number 11 out of an unknown amount made. It’s essentially a ringer cabinet with different mechanics. Enjoy.

IMG_7867 (resized).jpegIMG_7867 (resized).jpegIMG_7861 (resized).jpegIMG_7861 (resized).jpegIMG_7862 (resized).jpegIMG_7862 (resized).jpegIMG_7860 (resized).jpegIMG_7860 (resized).jpegIMG_7858 (resized).jpegIMG_7858 (resized).jpeg
#1470 9 months ago

I have the original hand made Stern POTC treasure chest proto mockup. This was when they were playing around with the design, but it was not used (unfortunately since its a cool concept). I was able to get it autographed too.

piratesProto1 (resized).jpgpiratesProto1 (resized).jpgpiratesProto2 (resized).jpgpiratesProto2 (resized).jpg
#1471 9 months ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

The premise of this game is to float the ping pong ball level with the black arms as they move up and down. The black arms are supposed to have an acrylic piece screwed to the front.
The longer you stay in the window, the faster points accumulate. As I’ve been playing, so far I have gotten through 5 rounds. I’ve owned it for a little over a year now, but just started putting it together and fabricating parts. I ended up replacing and modifying the acrylic tube, blasted all the rusty hardware, got a new repro glass made. The original is drawn art taped to acrylic. The neon was broken when I received it, all the mirrored surface in the background was replaced. New top glass channel. And most importantly, yes I have dumped the roms.
I am nearing the finish line on completing it. All I need to do at this point is laser cut a piece of acrylic on the black arms to establish acceptable window to accumulate points.
I got the bug up my ass because I have another still crazy to set up next to it.

Now that's interesting.. You know anything about the designer or when it was built?

#1472 9 months ago

Keith Egging was the one who designed this game. I talked to Mark Ritchie in detail about it a few months ago. He mentioned that keith built that game top to bottom, including the neon being bent in his home based neon shop. The game was presented to Williams at the time by Keith as an already working prototype to sell Williams the concept. The only thing Keith potentially didn’t do, was the software.

There is a piece of paper attached th the back that had Al Lasko’s name on it. But the top potion of that piece of paper is missing. It runs off of Williams system 10 boardset. And the MPU for this game was stolen off the manufacturing line during the Williams Willy At The Bat run. Its number is 44 off of the Willy’s line.

IPDB shows 4 in 1 being produced in December 85. I would assume Direct hit was sometime shortly thereafter.

There has only been one picture of reference online for the direct hit. The funny thing is the game in this picture and my game are for sure the exact same game. Because if the missing wood on the bottom right front.

http://www.backglass.org/williams/direct_hit_cab.jpg

Here is a link to Keith Egging in case anyone wanted to look into this guy a little bit.

https://www.replaymag.com/only-one-keith-egging-modern-renaissance-man/

For anyone not familiar with the other system 10 game 4-in-1 here is a crappy photo of mine with all 4 of the interchangeable overlays. Only 100 made.
IMG_5862 (resized).jpegIMG_5862 (resized).jpegIMG_5807 (resized).jpegIMG_5807 (resized).jpegIMG_5805 (resized).jpegIMG_5805 (resized).jpeg

#1473 9 months ago

Keith Egging was the one who designed this game. I talked to Mark Ritchie in detail about it a few months ago. He mentioned that he built that game top to bottom, including the neon being bent in his home based neon shop. The game was presented to Williams at the time by Keith as an already working prototype to sell Williams the concept. The only thing Keith potentially didn’t do, was the software.
There is a piece of paper attached th the back that had Al Lasko’s name on it. But the top potion of that piece of paper is missing. It runs off of Williams system 10 boardset. And the MPU for this game was stolen off the manufacturing line during the Williams Willy At The Bat run. Its number is 44 off of the Willy’s line.
IPDB shows 4 in 1 being produced in December 85. I would assume Direct hit was sometime shortly thereafter.
There has only been one picture of reference online for the direct hit. The funny thing is the game in this picture and my game are for sure the exact same game. Because if the missing wood on the bottom right front.
Here is a link to Keith Egging in case anyone wanted to look into this guy a little bit.
For anyone not familiar with the other system 10 game 4-in-1 here is a crappy photo of mine with all 4 of the interchangeable overlays. Only 100 made.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn dude. You brought heat to this thread!

#1474 9 months ago

Keith Egging was the one who designed this game. I talked to Mark Ritchie in detail about it a few months ago. He mentioned that he built that game top to bottom, including the neon being bent in his home based neon shop. The game was presented to Williams at the time by Keith as an already working prototype to sell Williams the concept. The only thing Keith potentially didn’t do, was the software.
For anyone not familiar with the other system 10 game 4-in-1 here is a crappy photo of mine with all 4 of the interchangeable overlays. Only 100 made.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s so cool! I should have bought Todd’s 4-in-1 when he offered it to me. I think it’s really neat, and being only (production) System 10 is a neat quirk.

#1475 9 months ago

It would nice to find a set of those 4 overlays!

#1476 9 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Damn dude. You brought heat to this thread!

Someone had to

#1477 9 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s so cool! I should have bought Todd’s 4-in-1 when he offered it to me. I think it’s really neat, and being only (production) System 10 is a neat quirk.

I recommend to anyone, if you have an opportunity to pick up a 4 in 1 at a fair price, do it without hesitation. You’ll never have a problem finding a buyer if you decide you do t like it.

Quoted from chad:

It would nice to find a set of those 4 overlays!

I completed my set with buying the last one I needed off eBay last year. The guy had a few for sale. If you keep your eyes peeled, I’m sure you can put together a set pretty quick. The best game by far out of the set is Willy’s at the bat.

#1478 9 months ago

Used to see these at shows years ago but no more!

3 weeks later
#1479 8 months ago

Finally got the still crazy up to the “good stuff” gameroom. Had a little fun getting the Williams arcade lineup in order.

Thanks to my buddy for being my Guinea pig and playing my turds

IMG_8149 (resized).jpegIMG_8149 (resized).jpegIMG_8143 (resized).jpegIMG_8143 (resized).jpegIMG_8139 (resized).jpegIMG_8139 (resized).jpegIMG_8158 (resized).jpegIMG_8158 (resized).jpeg
#1480 8 months ago

Finally got the still crazy up to the “good stuff” gameroom. Had a little fun getting the Williams arcade lineup in order.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anything for you man, I had to take one for the team.

#1481 8 months ago

Eww
Yuck!
Lmk when you’re ready to throw them away.

3 months later
#1482 4 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've been promised the proto glass for the next Spooky pin.
When it comes, the glasses will be shifted on the wall such that the outlet and cable jack will be covered and there will be 3 glasses.
That one's going to be a while.

I guess I can finally show the prototype Looney Tunes backglass. This one is a true Proto. If you compare this to the production one, small changes were made to the charcaters.

Sorry for the reflections.

2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpegB3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpegB3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1483 3 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I guess I can finally show the prototype Looney Tunes backglass. This one is a true Proto. If you compare this to the production one, small changes were made to the charcaters.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

#1484 3 months ago

Barry Oursler Unreleased Williams prototype of Beegees.

Enjoy

IMG_8913 (resized).jpegIMG_8913 (resized).jpegIMG_8916 (resized).jpegIMG_8916 (resized).jpegIMG_8917 (resized).jpegIMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
#1485 3 months ago

It appears that Barry had the push button type switch idea for sometime and then finally incorporated in Doctor Who.

#1486 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

It appears that Barry had the push button type switch idea for sometime and then finally incorporated in Doctor Who.

He did it on Fire! before that. Shooter lane target, if I recall.

#1487 3 months ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

You are right. I forgot about that one.

#1488 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

They were used a bit earlier on the Harry Williams designed 1975 games Toledo & Valencia.

#1489 3 months ago

Enjoy

The wonky kicker setup reminds me of Comet.

#1490 3 months ago

Enjoy

the asymmetry is interesting

#1491 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

They were used a bit earlier on the Harry Williams designed 1975 games Toledo & Valencia.

I've played Toledo. I never even knew there was a four player version until you posted that. According to IPDB it was a very short run.

#1492 3 months ago

Enjoy

Have to wonder if that was a potential title at williams, or he just did that for fun? Makes sense he would pick that theme since he shares the same first name as the lead singer.

#1493 3 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Have to wonder if that was a potential title at williams, or he just did that for fun? Makes sense he would pick that theme since he shares the same first name as the lead singer.

Makes you wonder what other potential titles where being white wooded. I imagine most got stripped and thrown out.

#1494 3 months ago

Enjoy

This is awesome, did you just get this or did you have it?
Would love to see some rubbers on it and see a quick video of how it may have shot, even if it’s very crude.

#1495 3 months ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I've played Toledo. I never even knew there was a four player version until you posted that. According to IPDB it was a very short run.

I found out aboot it when Toledo came out. On the Toledo brochure, I could make out the word Valencia on the Score card.

#1496 3 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is awesome, did you just get this or did you have it?
Would love to see some rubbers on it and see a quick video of how it may have shot, even if it’s very crude.

I have had this one in the back pocket for awhile. But was never able to take it home until recently. I was going to slap some posts and rubbers on it along with that gameplan whitewood I have. I also want to see what it looks like with a complete topside

#1497 3 months ago

No secret that OF! Was my “never going to be made dream theme.” My gameroom is a Biergarten. So feel very blessed to be gifted this prototype piece that did not make it into production. Pretty cool 3D of the Corkscrew coaster building.

IMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8220 (resized).jpegIMG_8220 (resized).jpegIMG_8221 (resized).jpegIMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1498 73 days ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Finally got this one framed.

The original Domino's backglass had a blue Bug. The prototype Charlie made had a yellow one.

The significance...Morgan (Squirrel), Charlie's daughter, had a yellow Bug at the time the game was made.

6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1499 52 days ago

I had the honor to purchase Ed Cebula’s Data East “Developer Team” jacket today. These jackets were given out to employees of Data East at the time. There are also some jackets floating around for extended family like a few wives, couple friends close to the development team. The jackets all are personally embroidered to the person it was given to, and the patches were given out amongst the team as the games came out. Each patch is an iron on patch that was meant to applied to the persons jacket. But many never made it to jackets.

I have been keeping an eye out for one for many years, and it is seemingly the most complete one I have ever seen yet. I was under the impression that there were only 12-14 patches. But there is 24 including the large laser war. Most notable patches are for unreleased games which include King Kong, Mad Pinball and Tattoo Assassins (Arcade).

I am sure this is the first time the majority of people have seen one of these jackets. But I am hoping that someone that is very familiar with these sees this. I would like to know how many patches were actually released. Are there any that I don’t have pictured here aside from Star Trek, and Simpsons? I am unsure who could even answer this question besides Joe Kaminkow. But would love to see some other jackets to know. If someone has a patch that I don’t have pictured, and as interested in selling it, I would likely be interested in buying it.

I also pulled a gameplan shirt. Because frankly I have never seen a shirt from gameplan. The collector also had a couple of sharpshooters, and a super nova. The Vegas was the lamest, title, but had the most art and best conditioned amongst the group. This shirt is actually Ed Cebula’s wife’s (Sarah) shirt. So being a ladies shirt (and even design?) it may be the hardest one to find.

Nonetheless I am very grateful to acquire these items and give them the exposure it deserves

IMG_9192 (resized).jpegIMG_9192 (resized).jpegIMG_9193 (resized).jpegIMG_9193 (resized).jpegIMG_9194 (resized).jpegIMG_9194 (resized).jpeg

#1500 52 days ago

I had the honor to purchase Ed Cebula’s Data East “Developer Team” jacket today. These jackets were given out to employees of Data East at the time. There are also some jackets floating around for extended family like a few wives, couple friends close to the development team. The jackets all are personally embroidered to the person it was given to, and the patches were given out amongst the team as the games came out. Each patch is an iron on patch that was meant to applied to the persons jacket. But many never made it to jackets.
I have been keeping an eye out for one for many years, and it is seemingly the most complete one I have ever seen yet. I was under the impression that there were only 12-14 patches. But there is 24 including the large laser war. Most notable patches are for unreleased games which include King Kong, Mad Pinball and Tattoo Assassins (Arcade).
I am sure this is the first time the majority of people have seen one of these jackets. But I am hoping that someone that is very familiar with these sees this. I would like to know how many patches were actually released. Are there any that I don’t have pictured here aside from Star Trek, and Simpsons? I am unsure who could even answer this question besides Joe Kaminkow. But would love to see some other jackets to know. If someone has a patch that I don’t have pictured, and as interested in selling it, I would likely be interested in buying it.
I also pulled a gameplan shirt. Because frankly I have never seen a shirt from gameplan. The collector also had a couple of sharpshooters, and a super nova. The Vegas was the lamest, title, but had the most art and best conditioned amongst the group. This shirt is actually Ed Cebula’s wife’s (Sarah) shirt. So being a ladies shirt (and even design?) it may be the hardest one to find.
Nonetheless I am very grateful to acquire these items and give them the exposure it deserves

There have been several threads on Pinside detailing the Data East patches, I’ll try to dig them up. There are some really cool ones out there! Nice job on the Game Plan shirt!! Game
Plan doesn’t get enough love! Ed Cebula is a top 3 designer for me. I love his machines. Captain Hook, Monday Night Football, Lethal Weapon 3 are all AWESOME games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.