(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,226 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,007 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EE98A02B-F24A-4167-98FF-DE88A52DFA34 (resized).jpeg
86CB8270-D2F5-49CA-BCA0-9971BBBD2371 (resized).jpeg
2D00D744-FAA2-4F22-AA00-8FF1F3CC2D6B (resized).jpeg
4AF7BA10-C549-4E17-AB01-2D03BF3BA8B7 (resized).jpeg
F51EEA71-5E2A-4DE3-8F31-3A2AA54CD8B7 (resized).jpeg
A5C2635D-A95F-4083-A99A-B9FC728EBF63 (resized).jpeg
20190929_223003 (resized).jpg
20190929_223017 (resized).jpg
20190929_223029 (resized).jpg
20190929_223039 (resized).jpg
20190929_223055 (resized).jpg
sad MM (resized).JPG
P1010034 (resized).JPG
P1010013 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
99725EDB-2EB4-430C-90FC-BC7BECADDDF1 (resized).jpeg

There are 1226 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I love the artwork on this beast!!

Game has a handle on each side so you can move the playfield forward and back a little.

LTG : )™

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game has a handle on each side so you can move the playfield forward and back a little.

Correct... The playfield rests on small brackets at each corner and has a small steel ball set inside a holder for ease of playfield movement... Unfortunately the photographed game is missing its handles, but they look easy enough to make.

#603 4 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are... I love the artwork on this beast!!
Backglass full.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1
Flipper view.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1
Playfield full.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Upper pf and score area.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
upper rollovers.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
upper left plastic.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Top right plastic.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1
Top left plastic.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Central playfield.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1
mid left playfield.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Backglass woman.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1

that looks tits.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that looks tits.

Yes, I noticed those too... pretty hard not to

#605 4 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are...

Last time I sent pictures to IPDB it was a little over a week before they posted the pictures!

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Last time I sent pictures to IPDB it was a little over a week before they posted the pictures!

Sometimes Jay is quick, but I'm starting to see that on other occasions, more recently, it seems to simply not happen... maybe there was a bug in the system... I just looked, I can see that I submitted the pics on Sep28th 2014, still not approved! I've done the whole lot again!!

#607 4 years ago

We had one of the eight kingpins

image.jpgimage.jpg

#608 4 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are... I love the artwork on this beast!!

Wolf Man!

Thanks so much for posting those pics!

I've been on the hunt for that game for so long....by now, I'm pretty much giving up, will settle for someday just getting a Backglass.

Very, very cool.

#609 4 years ago

Revenge from Mars prototype play field populated
image.jpg

#610 4 years ago

Pat lawlor first game... Wrecking ball 1 of 1
I posted pics on the ipdb.org if u want to see detailed pics.. He made it all by hand.image.jpg

#612 4 years ago

Wow

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Pat lawlor first game... Wrecking ball 1 of 1
I posted pics on the ipdb.org if u want to see detailed pics.. He made it all by hand.

WOW!! So I guess this was a kind of prelude to Banzai Run... Amazing!! How did you get hold of this?

Quoted from pmWolf:

by now, I'm pretty much giving up, will settle for someday just getting a Backglass.

There's always that 2nd one I have I mentioned in our PMs that prompted me to post these pics

#614 4 years ago

Here is a picture that was sent to me from a nice guy named Jim who was having difficulties getting the picture to load here on Pinside so I offered to post it for him. Here's what he says about it.

Attached is my picture that you can try and post to your posting of rare pinball items. It is actually a glass even though it looks like some doodle work on white poster board. They took Paul Faris' artwork and printed it on a sheet of clear glass using 4-color dot lithography. Then Paul applied the silver opaque on the backside to see how light from the #44 bulbs would shine through. This is the only one left that is still in one piece. I should take it to Pinball Expo and get him to autograph it. But then I probably wouldn't leave the building with it. He would love to have it.

Thanks for your help,
Jim

lost world.JPG
#615 4 years ago

WOW!! So I guess this was a kind of prelude to Banzai Run... Amazing!! How did you get hold of this?

There's always that 2nd one I have I mentioned in our PMs that prompted me to post these pics

It's a friend of mine a few towns over...he got it from pat in the early 90s when it was in his shed collecting dust.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here is a picture that was sent to me from a nice guy named Jim who was having difficulties getting the picture to load here on Pinside so I offered to post it for him. Here's what he says about it.
Attached is my picture that you can try and post to your posting of rare pinball items. It is actually a glass even though it looks like some doodle work on white poster board. They took Paul Faris' artwork and printed it on a sheet of clear glass using 4-color dot lithography. Then Paul applied the silver opaque on the backside to see how light from the #44 bulbs would shine through. This is the only one left that is still in one piece. I should take it to Pinball Expo and get him to autograph it. But then I probably wouldn't leave the building with it. He would love to have it.
Thanks for your help,
Jim

lost world.JPG

thats cool

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting.. I honestly have not heard of 'Peyper' before this!

Got the same problem with ipd
Send them pics of foreign games
And they don't post

What up with that?

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

And they don't post

What up with that?

I really don't think Jay has anything against foreign games (or should I say 'non-US games ), maybe he's just overloaded...?

#619 4 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up...

My records show you sent us only five backglass close-ups, last Sept 28. I was late to have emailed you back on December 1st asking you for a full backglass picture. You replied that you thought you had sent one but wanted to wait until you got your game room finished before you could send one. Your full backglass and your many nice playfield and internal view pictures were submitted to us yesterday. They are now up on the site.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

And they don't post
What up with that?

I don't recognize your username. Please identify the game by name and manufacturer and I will check into it.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

My records show you sent us only five backglass close-ups, last Sept 28. I was late to have emailed you back on December 1st asking you for a full backglass picture. You replied that you thought you had sent one but wanted to wait until you got your game room finished before you could send one. Your full backglass and your many nice playfield and internal view pictures were submitted to us yesterday. They are now up on the site.

Thanks for clarification Jay, I do remember that mail now, I was overloaded at the time and didn't get chance to take the full backglass photo... I guess I didn't realise that you were holding back on putting the other pics up 'till the full backglass photo was submitted... Anyway, all's well that ends well

#622 4 years ago

1933 Rock-Ola Wings.

FB_IMG_1428872852163.jpg
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Just found this. I forgot I had it for 20+ years.

Ah, but this is the rare version of that bumper sticker:

drwhobumpersticker.jpg
2 months later
#624 4 years ago

Because I don't wanna see this thread die..

When CV was in design stage, I went to the arcade show in Atlanta. Met Cameron Silver, and they had flyers out for CV. Picked up a couple, as I had played the game and enjoyed it. Once the game was released, and real flyers were out, I got one of my early flyers framed with the 'production' one -
IMG_20150628_162443.jpg
IMG_20150628_162457.jpg

1 week later
#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Because I don't wanna see this thread die..

I dont want to see this die either.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I dont want to see this die either.

Then lets keep it going, show me some stuff I havn't seen. Keep digging.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#627 4 years ago

A nice Bally desk clock.

IMAG8243_1.jpg

#629 4 years ago

Just picked up white wood BROOKS N DUNN not fully operable also parts to build like 8 more with playfields Need to find good software and art for plastic sets and translite

#630 4 years ago

I have an uncut backglass panel for Cirqus Voltaire

I was told only a few exist, Either way its cool

cv_bg_01.jpgcv_bg_02.jpgcv_bg_03.jpgcv_bg_04.jpg

#631 4 years ago

I have an uncut sheet for TAF translight that was taken before the white silkscreening was done to the back.

#632 4 years ago

Devil King.

devilking.jpg

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I have an uncut backglass panel for Cirqus Voltaire
I was told only a few exist, Either way its cool
cv_bg_01.jpg cv_bg_02.jpg cv_bg_03.jpg cv_bg_04.jpg

Where'd you get yours? I have one as well. Got it signed, I think. (I'll have to pull it out and check.) Mine, however, is a little nicked up around the uncut clear areas from storage.

#634 4 years ago

I also have an uncut CV . It is still covered in the plastic. I intend on backlighting it and framing it as art.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Anyone else into parts catalogs?
/Mark
Gottlieb Catalogs 1.jpg
Gottlieb Catalogs 2.jpg

Don't know about 'into' but I have a few.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

Just picked up white wood BROOKS N DUNN not fully operable also parts to build like 8 more with playfields Need to find good software and art for plastic sets and translite

Pics or it didnt happen

#637 4 years ago

I have to figure out how to put pics on here I dont know how I stil l record 8 tracks Have smart phone DUMB operator

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have an uncut sheet for TAF translight that was taken before the white silkscreening was done to the back.

Pics?

#640 4 years ago

Mark Ritchie and Python Anghelo signed NOS FT rampIMG_9647.JPG

#641 4 years ago

Did Mark Ritchie sign the actual ramp trough? Now you can never use it in a game without rubbing off the signature. Maybe that was the idea.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mark Ritchie and Python Anghelo signed NOS FT ramp

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

pewter picture frame , anybody else have one, why or where they came from?a 10.jpg

I have one of these. Sold several on ebay years ago that I bought from somebody at Williams with they got out of the pin biz.

#645 4 years ago

Here are a few rare and unique pinball things I have (from when I actively maintained a pinball bibliography 20 years ago... and actually have photocopies of 100's of pages of those articles, etc.)

An Art show booklet held at the Chicago Public Library
FlipFlashPinballArt-CPLExhibit-Cover.jpg
FlipFlashPinballArt-CPLExhibit-Page1.jpg

A thesis by Terry Cumming
Cumming-Thesis-Cover.jpg
Cumming-Thesis-Contents.jpg
Cumming-Thesis-Page1.jpg
Cumming-Thesis-InteriorPage.jpg

A thesis by Chad Dresbach
Dresbach-Thesis-Cover.jpg
Dresbach-Thesis-Notice.jpg

#646 4 years ago

And a functional Medieval Madness Catapult plastic set (perhaps not rare)
MM-CatapaultKit-01.jpg
MM-CatapaultKit-02.jpg

#647 4 years ago

Mad Magazine Pinball - Patch
Revenge From Mars - Pin
and various Pingame Journal Plastics

RFM-Pin,MAD-Patch,PGJ-Plastics.jpg

#648 4 years ago

Flyer I picked up at Expo one year... custom made pinball machine Nebula which doesn't appear in the IPDB or the pinside pinball database... so perhaps this needs to be added?
Nebula-Flyer-Front.jpg
Nebula-Flyer-Back.jpg

#649 4 years ago

Some Capcom promotional plastics (at least I don't think the Airborne plastics were used in the game...)
Capcom-Airborne-Plastics.jpg
Capcom-Coasters-Airborne,Breakshot.jpg
Capcom-Plastics-Misc.jpg

#650 4 years ago

And finally two flashbacks for some of you that attended expo in the late 90's when rec.games.pinball was the only place to be (when on the internet) and when the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas was a dream...

rgp-pin.jpg
PHOF-Flyer.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.99
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BK Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 49.00
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
There are 1226 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside