(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.
#551 9 years ago

gotcha. I didn't even know you could add titles with the same name multiple times. You sure do love A.G.

#552 9 years ago

Anyone else into parts catalogs?

/Mark

Gottlieb Catalogs 1.jpgGottlieb Catalogs 1.jpg

Gottlieb Catalogs 2.jpgGottlieb Catalogs 2.jpg

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Matt, I just looked at your collection. Why do you have 3 USA footballs?

Who doesn't need 3 USA footballs?

#554 9 years ago

I guess, if you have unlimited space. I don't think there is anyone on this site that has unlimited space.

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Who doesn't need 3 USA footballs?

Read my reply, one of them is a completely different game, but has the same name. One of the others is one that I am saving from the grave (only 100 of these made, so it's worth saving these!). It will be sold once I can make (yes, make) the rest of the parts to get it ready to sell.

#556 9 years ago

I hope those little brackets I made for you aren't whats holding up you finishing that project Football!

Also you wouldn't happen to have a spare spinner? I had one of mine on my soccer game break at Expo and have not been able to find anything to replace it with.

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I hope those little brackets I made for you aren't whats holding up you finishing that project Football!
Also you wouldn't happen to have a spare spinner? I had one of mine on my soccer game break at Expo and have not been able to find anything to replace it with.

Hi,

No, the last major road block is making new wall type ball guides. I do also have to make the overhead marquee assembly, poles, etc., but at least I now have most of what I'll need for that. The playfield was almost completely stripped when I got this thing, along with a lot of cabinet parts as well, but it's come a long way! I haven't been able to work on it for a long while, which is why I haven't gotten the ball snubber brackets yet (thaks again for making those by the way!), but hopefully things settle down in the future and I can resume work on it again.

Regarding the spinner, unfortunately I don't have any others. I had one used spare here, and I ended up finding another spinner from Pinball Resource that was a close enough match....but I need to find someone to make me some decals for it. I'll try to dig up a part number/brand of the spinner that I got from them and I'll get back to you.

#558 9 years ago

Here's another game you don't see so often... in fact I've only seen it once! I love the captive ball system on this one and the way the energy from the playfield ball is transferred to it! I was very confused when I first got it because I thought the captive balls had been removed... I was also puzzled why the targets were so high up... then the penny dropped and I realised the captive balls aren't half as captive as I thought!!

full view right.jpgfull view right.jpg

Data section on backglass.jpgData section on backglass.jpg
front overview.jpgfront overview.jpg
left captive ball.jpgleft captive ball.jpg
Lower playfield viewed from head.jpgLower playfield viewed from head.jpg
Playfield birds view.jpgPlayfield birds view.jpg
Ramp entry with spinners.jpgRamp entry with spinners.jpg
right captive ball from side.jpgright captive ball from side.jpg
upper flipper looking from head.jpgupper flipper looking from head.jpg
Under ramp plastic upper left.jpgUnder ramp plastic upper left.jpg
Upper playfield from head.jpgUpper playfield from head.jpg
upper flipper play area.jpgupper flipper play area.jpg
right captive ball and pops.jpgright captive ball and pops.jpg
View from lower arch.jpgView from lower arch.jpg
Right sling from above.jpgRight sling from above.jpg
ramp exit diverter.jpgramp exit diverter.jpg
Plastic under ramp upper right.jpgPlastic under ramp upper right.jpg
Playfield lady right.jpgPlayfield lady right.jpg

Backglass-522.jpgBackglass-522.jpg

middle targets.jpgmiddle targets.jpg Upper playfield lit.jpgUpper playfield lit.jpg upper rollovers.jpgupper rollovers.jpg
#559 9 years ago

VERY cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Here's another game you don't see so often... in fact I've only seen it once! I love the captive ball system on this one and the way the energy from the playfield ball is transferred to it! I was very confused when I first got it because I thought the captive balls had been removed... I was also puzzled why the targets were so high up... then the penny dropped and I realised the captive balls aren't half as captive as I thought!!

That has to be the best art package of any game ever made!

Have you made a video of that yet? I've never seen one in the States....

#561 9 years ago

That game looks badass!

#562 9 years ago

Wow! That is wicked interesting!

#563 9 years ago

Soooo you hit the back of the red doohickey and it knocks the captive ball into the target? However it works, that's a pretty cool looking game. Betcha can't find ramps for it when they break.

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have you made a video of that yet?

I should have probably got my finger out and made a vid when I had it set up, but it's now in storage and another game is in its place... when I set it up again in the gamesroom I'll definitely do it!

Quoted from zr11990:

Betcha can't find ramps for it when they break.

I bet so too! I feel very lucky that this ramp is in great condition!! Amazing really when there's no protection for it at all!! I actually feel a bit nervous playing it in case I damage it!!

Quoted from zr11990:

Soooo you hit the back of the red doohickey and it knocks the captive ball into the target?

That's about right, yes You need a good and hard shot to give the captive ball the energy needed to hit the target hard enough to register!

#565 9 years ago

full view right.jpg 76 KB

Data section on backglass.jpg 75 KB

front overview.jpg 79 KB

left captive ball.jpg 85 KB

Lower playfield viewed from head... 275 KB

Playfield birds view.jpg 250 KB

Ramp entry with spinners.jpg 81 KB

right captive ball from side.jpg 75 KB

upper flipper looking from head.... 195 KB

Under ramp plastic upper left.jp... 164 KB

Upper playfield from head.jpg 238 KB

upper flipper play area.jpg 79 KB

right captive ball and pops.jpg 77 KB

View from lower arch.jpg 158 KB

Right sling from above.jpg 213 KB

ramp exit diverter.jpg 78 KB

Plastic under ramp upper right.j... 71 KB

Playfield lady right.jpg 83 KB

Backglass-522.jpg 72 KB

middle targets.jpg 65 KB

Upper playfield lit.jpg 187 KB

upper rollovers.jpg 74 KB

This is why I love Euro games so much. they always try new things that is out of the box. US games have a lot of the same shit rehashed. Love the looks of this game. hopefully the rules are little better than some of their other stuff.

Btw, how high is that head? looks like it's up there with Banzai run.

#566 9 years ago

With a Dremal tool an old side rail about 4 hours and some cut fingers I made a ramp guard for one of my pins that looked better than a Cliffy. Actually I would bet that Cliffy would make you one.

That is a very cool pinball machine. I would love to play it.

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hopefully the rules are little better than some of their other stuff.

The rules are OK, nothing amazing... to be honest it's a while since I played it... the big downside is that every ball starts from the same place... no carry-over of any feature at all... One cool thing is that when the ramp shot is primed for some special shot (not even sure if I really figured out what would cause it), but it would ring a quite loud bell, a bit like the bell in Black Knight, but louder.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Btw, how high is that head? looks like it's up there with Banzai Run.

It's actually no higher than a standard machine... maybe a touch... it looks high because it's relatively narrow, and it extends down the side of the cab... it's also quite thin because the boards are in the cab... all add to the illusion of it being tall.

Quoted from zr11990:

With a Dremal tool an old side rail about 4 hours and some cut fingers I made a ramp guard for one of my pins that looked better than a Cliffy.

I hear you... but the snag with a ramp guard is that it would distract from the beauty of the naked ramp... Although I'd be really upset if I knocked a chunk out of it!

#568 9 years ago

Police Force was my first game back in 1996 (amount paid, $852!) Not really sure how rare some of this stuff is, bumper sticker, keychain, hat (sun faded, anyone got one they want to sell me?) promo car, note pad, NOS spinner. I also have a NOS playfield. I'm not good at names, and don't really follow who the people are in pinball, but I bought the PF off of RGP a number of years back and the seller asked me "do you want me to sign it?" and I remember thinking "Why the HELL would I want you to sign it?!?!?" not knowing I was buying it straight from Mark Ritchie.

PF-goodies.jpgPF-goodies.jpg

#569 9 years ago

@Pinballslave

Question : Where did you get this machine

Ipdb lists this machine as unique model made by the spanish manufacturer !

Nice find .

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Question : Where did you get this machine

I got it from my contact in Spain... I gave him a list of games I'm looking for, and he found this one (amongst others)

Quoted from lb45:

Not sure what you mean by this... it was actually made by two different manufacturers (Juegos Populares and Automatico MonteCarlo, the latter being the version I have and made under licence from JP). I can't see anywhere where either listing says either of them are unique...

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5952

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4104

Neither listings state a production quantity... I guess this information isn't available!

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Not sure what you mean by this...

I can't see anywhere where either listing says either of them are unique...

Hi Lee,

I think he's trying to say that being made by Automatico MonteCarlo, it was the unique "model" from them.... the one and only title that they produced. Of course, that has no bearing on how many units they made, but we know it wasn't many!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I think he's trying to say that being made by Automatico MonteCarlo, it was the unique "model" from them....

Ah yes, that all makes sense now, sorry, I should have spotted that... I didn't realise AM only made that one game... kind of weird... they only make one game, and it's simply a copy of the game made by JP, but with the AM 'M' logo on things like the spinner, DTs, stand up targets, bottom arch, pop-caps, backglass and shooter lane!

Weird how they had to make another version of the playfield just to get the 'M' logo in the shooter lane!!

Shooter lane with makers logo.jpgShooter lane with makers logo.jpg

#573 9 years ago

model used to make the creature hologram.2015.JPG2015.JPG

#574 9 years ago

sorry for double pic post. his right arm is by his right foot

#575 9 years ago

one of the original 5 to be specific. obviously not the one painted in shades of grey for the 3D shoot at polaroid.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

sorry for double pic post. his right arm is by his right foot

You can edit the post and delete one of the pics if you want

#577 9 years ago

thanks pnballslave

#578 9 years ago

Not sure if this rare but couldn't find another - it's fun and a decent size And signed off by Elvira.

IMG_20141025_211646.jpgIMG_20141025_211646.jpg

#579 9 years ago

Showing you some of my pretty rare games

image.jpgimage.jpg
#580 9 years ago

How about WWe pro Prototype #1

image.jpgimage.jpg image-864.jpgimage-864.jpg image-66.jpgimage-66.jpg
#581 9 years ago

Wizzard blocks
Spinning Flasher

image.jpgimage.jpg
#582 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

image.jpg 223 KB

Wow, who made those? They look like great themes.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Wizzard blocks
Spinning Flasher

image.jpg 131 KB

I'd like to see those used in modern games.

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow, who made those? They look like great themes.

Left to right
2 x Nuevo Bell Games
1 x technoplay

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd like to see those used in modern games.

I played wizzard blocks and when these
Come on it looks awesome
Kinda Disco effect

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I played wizzard blocks and when these
Come on it looks awesome
Kinda Disco effect

Is there a youtube video or anything of those flashers in action?

#587 9 years ago

This would make a cool mod for a modern game if it would work.

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yes, just type in wizard blocs pinball in the search on youtube.

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There is some video of them in the following video around the 4:36 mark.

From my understanding is they are all run from a single motor under the playfield. Meaning all of the beacons share a single motor.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

» YouTube video
From my understanding is they are all run from a single motor under the playfield. Meaning all of the beacons share a single motor.

That was great, thanks for posting. The pinball world really lost out because Wizard Blocks was never produced. That's very sad.

#591 9 years ago

Data East jacket that the employees got. A couple of extra patches

IMG_1047.JPGIMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1048.JPGIMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1049.JPG

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

» YouTube video

They all work on a single air pump motor
That's right; air makes them spin around

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

That black and white thing at the base isn't a little electric motor?

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Do you have some more pictures from the spinning flasher?
Or from the air pump under the playfield?

#595 9 years ago

What... air motor? You have to be kidding.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

image.jpg 223 KB

AACK.... there's the x'force thats been eluding me, lol.

I ended up buying a spare boardset from someone on ebay. I guess they chopped both tecnoplays up and made shelves out of them. I was supposed to buy both playfields from him, but i ended up wrecking my car and by the time i thought of it again i had lost his info

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

What... air motor? You have to be kidding.

If those became available, the small Harbor Freight water/air pumps would be easy to use with them.

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

We'll probably give a couple of these away as door prizes at TPF. Thanks for explaining the half cut.

WANT.

2 months later
#599 9 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are... I love the artwork on this beast!!

Upper pf and score area.jpgUpper pf and score area.jpg
upper rollovers.jpgupper rollovers.jpg
upper left plastic.jpgupper left plastic.jpg

Top left plastic.jpgTop left plastic.jpg

mid left playfield.jpgmid left playfield.jpg

#600 9 years ago

I sent these pics to the IPDB, but for some reason they didn't put them up... so here they are... I love the artwork on this beast!!

Interesting.. I honestly have not heard of 'Peyper' before this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.