(Topic ID: 109687)

Show off your rare/prototype pinball stuff....

By Dayhuff

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0834 (resized).jpeg
20240406_090551 (resized).jpg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
6F788DBC-4445-4E2F-9202-7E163DF5D015_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9359C96A-9EBB-489C-912A-CCD537A4B4F9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
B3919377-F306-40BA-A421-5E54B4703889_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C2344E6-0F2A-4156-B27A-4B7E3B08395C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Here is my Nineball with NOS original stern field installed...

I so want to play that right now

#502 9 years ago

The holy grail of rare NOS parts. Got this a long time ago from my distributor.

dougram69

003.JPG003.JPG

001.JPG001.JPG

002.JPG002.JPG
#503 9 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

The holy grail of rare NOS parts. Got this a long time ago from my distributor.
dougram69

Probably worth $1000 today

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably worth $1000 today

Someone was working on repos...didn't it ever get released? they had it almost perfect to the tee. Mold was made for the reflection stamping.

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Someone was working on repos...didn't it ever get released? they had it almost perfect to the tee. Mold was made for the reflection stamping.

Mold was quite a bit off, actually. It was etched but didn't have the right effect. That one may be dead in the water as it was rumored that Twisted Pins has gone AWOL. Someone said the hadn't received a Taxi spin out ramp that they paid for a couple of months ago and is getting zero response from email.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nope, the water effects didn't work right.

#507 9 years ago

I really wish I had jumped on that spin out ramp right away. Hopefully it's just a break and business will resume in the future.

#508 9 years ago

that was 3 years ago. They told me then, the effect wasn't working right because they needed the correct angles to reflect the light. But said they were working on it. Didn't know if they ever fixed it or not. Never followed up as I don't own or have interest to own a Wh20.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I saw them.

Although they were stamped foil, they did not have any of the rolling motion effect that the real ones had.

Totally worthless.

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Here's a Stone's field that is somewhat rare.

And believe it or not, this NOS TRS LE playfield may be even rarer!

Brad

image.jpgimage.jpg

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I really wish I had jumped on that spin out ramp right away. Hopefully it's just a break and business will resume in the future.

I grabbed a red and blue, and I don't even have taxi yet. I got it because I'm looking to get a taxi.

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I grabbed a red and blue, and I don't even have taxi yet. I got it because I'm looking to get a taxi.

I'll buy whichever you chose not to use.

#513 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Planetary has them both in stock.

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Planetary has them both in stock.

You don't say!

#516 9 years ago
Quoted from geet84:

1950 Gottlieb bank a ball. Around 800 made 65 years ago, so I guess this qualifies as rare now.

Looking for one of those. Any leads are appreciated.

#517 9 years ago

here are pics of the uncut joust playfield plastics (the u.s. quarter in the lower left corner is for size reference)

IMG_0311.JPGIMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0309.JPGIMG_0309.JPG

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

here are pics of the uncut joust playfield plastics (the u.s. quarter in the lower left corner is for size reference)

IMG_0311.JPG 153 KB

IMG_0309.JPG 169 KB

repo or NOS?

#519 9 years ago

repo (it even says "reproduction plastics 2014" right in the middle of the 1st panel

it's the set that mr. smith spent the last 2.5+ years working on to get made. next on my docket is to hound kevin (to death) and put the joust playfield on the CPR pre-order page

#520 9 years ago

it sure does. didn't see that. Plastics look good.

#521 9 years ago

I added a new arrival to my post earlier in the thread; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/2#post-2051441 but I'll post it here too for those that have already seen the other stuff.

It's an engineering sample/whitewood playfield for USA Football (the head-to-head version):
20150108_172019-136.jpg20150108_172019-136.jpg

#522 9 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic #00001

Even had prototype roms that read - Welcome to AMOA Expo 95' during attract mode

325712_362695183749763_1963315978_o.jpg325712_362695183749763_1963315978_o.jpg

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Johnny Mnemonic #00001

ahhh!! what's it doing in the middle of the street?

#524 9 years ago

Hey Matt! Is that playfield flat or is it bent in the middle? I have looked at my soccer game and wondered how they made them like they did.

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Johnny Mnemonic #00001
Even had prototype roms that read - Welcome to AMOA Expo 95' during attract mode

325712_362695183749763_196331597... 95 KB

Sweet

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

That one may be dead in the water as it was rumored that Twisted Pins has gone AWOL.

Ba-dum-tshhh. Dead in the water. White Water. I was amused.

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Hey Matt! Is that playfield flat or is it bent in the middle? I have looked at my soccer game and wondered how they made them like they did.

if it's like the williams joust playfield, the backside of the playfield was cut through 5 of the 7 layers of ply. the rest was bent and held at the specified angle with brackets on both sides of the playfield after the art was screened.

pics of my nos joust playfield from earlier in this thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/6#post-2078578

#528 9 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Hi Josh,

The playfield is flat, but it does have the dado cut across the middle of the backside.

In regards to how Alvin G did the bend on these playfields, 4 of the 7 plys are cut through, and after the playfield is bent, it is held in position with tapered blocks of wood on each side of the playfield.

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Lee, is there a video out there of said pin?

Hi,

If I can get my phone to cooperate here I'll get a video of my machine uploaded.

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

If I can get my phone to cooperate here I'll get a video of my machine uploaded.

Hi Matt,

have you managed to figure out if there's much more to the gameplay than I wrote on the review page for this game?

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/io-moon/ratings

By the way, I found out why my targets weren't dropping on the first hit, but would just latch back and then all latched targets would drop at once... the target bank plunger was sticking in the coil sleeve, so the mechanism wasn't retracting... A coil firing somewhere else on the game would set it loose, so they'd then all drop at once... changed the sleeve and it fixed it... I love it when a fix is that easy!! Feel somewhat dissapointed that it wasn't a neat feature of the game though Also, have you worked out what the game says when you get an award from the Monolith? That voice is the deepest I've ever heard on a pin!!

Also, do your flippers have moments when they don't respond during the multiball start sequence? I thought it was a dodgy flipper switch at first, but found that it happens to both flippers and ONLY during multiball start, so it must be a bug in the logic...

#531 9 years ago

Here's one from early 1989.

At the ACME show in Reno the Data East booth had their games on headphones. These were put together by Incredible Technologies. These "are the first known produced headphone systems".

There is a really nice unit out now that claims to be the first, nice try but they are wrong. Here is the first. Joe Kaminko gave me a several of these at the showDSCF1564.JPGDSCF1564.JPG. I only have two left.DSCF1560.JPGDSCF1560.JPGDSCF1561.JPGDSCF1561.JPGDSCF1562.JPGDSCF1562.JPGDSCF1563.JPGDSCF1563.JPG

#532 9 years ago

Okay, as promised, I did get some gameplay video of my Io Moon. A bit of a disclaimer first though....

I had to rig up a makeshift stand to hold my phone so I could try to flip with both hands (no one else was home to assist). So.... the angle isn't the greatest, and the video does go in and out of focus several times because the stand swayed a tiny bit now and then. Sorry!

Anyway, nothing super stellar happened during this particular game, but at least it gives people an idea of what this extremely rare game sounds like in action. I did manage a shot or two through the cluster of 5 pops (mirror image of the 5 pops in TAF), and that's a great feeling shot. Also notice the mini flipper on the right side. Again, just like TAF, this flipper can flip the ball on it's own when lit, ala Thing flips. The left ramp/diverter/wireform is also extremely close to the design on TAF.

It's kind of hard to see, but I do get one ball locked in the moon on the upper left. The diverter was sticking so I kind of got robbed on multiball because a few shots passed straight through. Multiball would've been nice to show. Maybe next time.

Anyway, enjoy.

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Hi Matt,
have you managed to figure out if there's much more to the gameplay than I wrote on the review page for this game?
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/io-moon/ratings
By the way, I found out why my targets weren't dropping on the first hit, but would just latch back and then all latched targets would drop at once... the target bank plunger was sticking in the coil sleeve, so the mechanism wasn't retracting... A coil firing somewhere else on the game would set it loose, so they'd then all drop at once... changed the sleeve and it fixed it... I love it when a fix is that easy!! Feel somewhat dissapointed that it wasn't a neat feature of the game though Also, have you worked out what the game says when you get an award from the Monolith? That voice is the deepest I've ever heard on a pin!!
Also, do your flippers have moments when they don't respond during the multiball start sequence? I thought it was a dodgy flipper switch at first, but found that it happens to both flippers and ONLY during multiball start, so it must be a bug in the logic...

Hi Lee,

Even after a little over two years of owning the game, I can honestly say that I'm still not sure I understand every mode/aspect of the game, but it's certainly not deep! A typical high scoring game is one where you go for nothing other than multiball and jackpots. The modes don't really seem to be worth a lot of time or effort.

I'm glad to hear that you got your drop target problem figured out. I knew it had to be something simple. Mine reset every time and have been pretty reliable, so hopefully yours will be now too.

I'll have to go back and listen closely to the voice during the monolith award. I want to say that I did finally figure it out, but I can't remember off hand.

Regarding the multiball/flippers thing, YES, mine does it too and it's a big annoyance. I figured it was a software bug....

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Okay, as promised, I did get some gameplay video of my Io Moon. A T
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting! Some of the sound on that game is really aweosme!

#535 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinthetic:

Here's one from early 1989.
These "are the first known produced headphone systems".

Zaccaria Brothers already did it in 1982 with Pinball Champ '82.

zac2.jpgzac2.jpg zac.jpgzac.jpg
#536 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Okay, as promised, I did get some gameplay video of my Io Moon. A bit a of disclaimer first though....
I had to rig up a makeshift stand to hold my phone so I could try to flip with both hands (no one else was home to assist). So.... the angle isn't the greatest, and the video does go in and out of focus several times because the stand swayed a tiny bit now and then. Sorry!
Anyway, nothing super stellar happened during this particular game, but at least it gives people an idea of what this extremely rare game sounds like in action. I did manage a shot or two through the cluster of 5 pops (mirror image of the 5 pops in TAF), and that's a great feeling shot. Also notice the mini flipper on the right side. Again, just like TAF, this flipper can flip the ball on it's own when lit, ala Thing flips. The left ramp/diverter/wireform is also extremely close to the design on TAF.
It's kind of hard to see, but I do get one ball locked in the moon on the upper left. The diverter was sticking so I kind of got robbed on multiball because a few shots passed straight through. Multiball would've been nice to show. Maybe next time.
Anyway, enjoy.
» YouTube video

Shades of 2001, that is pretty cool. If you could do another vid with the glass off and a wider angle so we could see the dmd better.

#537 9 years ago

I worked on a gorgar that had a headphone jack. It's probably still on location at the Seattle pinball museum.

#538 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

One of my rare things is sorta lame compared to some of the cool stuff that's coming up, but I haven't seen anyone show these yet.
In the 90's I went to some of the Williams/Bally Pinball Tech Seminars they put on at the local Distributors. I wound up on the mailing list and got these Junk Yard postcards. I got them all within a month, and just needed to collect all 8 of them to win a $1000 voucher towards a new WMS/Bally Pinball! I don't know why I didn't turn them in or if I needed to, but didn't get a voucher and I've still got 'em!

Oct-Nov-Dec 2014 246.jpg 345 KB

Now those would look great framed and matted. Ever think of selling them?

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

DSC06104.JPG 180 KB

DSC06117.JPG 172 KB

DSC06122.JPG 165 KB

DSC06125.JPG 156 KB

DSC06132.JPG 236 KB

That is awesome TeeKee!!!

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And believe it or not, this NOS TRS LE playfield may be even rarer!
Brad

image.jpg 295 KB

I have seen it in person, real deal.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

zac2.jpg 64 KB

zac.jpg 25 KB

Yup, a lot of my zacs have headphone jacks already installed from the factory.

#542 9 years ago

Great video!

Most innocent version of Also Sprach Zarathustra I've every heard, lol

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I'll have to go back and listen closely to the voice during the monolith award. I want to say that I did finally figure it out, but I can't remember off hand.

To me it sounds like: "I have observed monolite mission"... Doesn't make a lot of sense though, but it is the Spanish speaking a kind of English I suppose...

Quoted from MattElder:

Regarding the multiball/flippers thing, YES, mine does it too and it's a big annoyance. I figured it was a software bug....

I tend to hold the flippers up 'till it's got all three balls in play, and before then just fire them if I'm at risk of losing a ball... it's crazy that they wouldn't bother to fix this clear bug... That's the Spanish for ya I guess... Manana

Quoted from MattElder:

The diverter was sticking so I kind of got robbed on multiball because a few shots passed straight through. Multiball would've been nice to show.

Balls were passing around the planet on mine when lock was lit at one point, it turned out to be the switch...

By the way, do you know what the player is supposed to do after getting to 40mil and 80mil jackpots?? Is there another JP that becomes available after this? I get lost at this point re what to do!

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I have seen it in person, real deal.

Chad, there would be no reason to falsify that information!

Brad

#545 9 years ago

To me it sounds like: "I have observed monolite mission"... Doesn't make a lot of sense though, but it is the Spanish speaking a kind of English I suppose...

Yeah, like you said, that doesn't make much sense, but that does sound pretty close to what I'm hearing as well!

Balls were passing around the planet on mine when lock was lit at one point, it turned out to be the switch...

Thanks for the idea. I'll check the switch out next time I'm in there. I really shouldn't assume anything, but I just remember that the diverter was indeed binding a bit when I got the game. Who knows what it is now....

By the way, do you know what the player is supposed to do after getting to 40mil and 80mil jackpots?? Is there another JP that becomes available after this? I get lost at this point re what to do!

As far as I can tell, those two jackpots are it.... and you can't even re-light them. No other goals that I can really see. I'll have to mess around with the glass off sometime and see if there's something else, but I really don't think there is.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Shades of 2001, that is pretty cool. If you could do another vid with the glass off and a wider angle so we could see the dmd better.

Yep, it's themed on 2001 A Space Odyssey.

And yes, I will certainly try to make another video at some point. Lots of other rare games here that I'd like to get footage of too, so maybe I can do a bunch more when I get some other stuff out of storage....

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yep, it's themed on 2001 A Space Odyssey.
And yes, I will certainly try to make another video at some point. Lots of other rare games here that I'd like to get footage of too, so maybe I can do a bunch more when I get some other stuff out of storage....

Thanks Matt, that would be GREAT.

#548 9 years ago

But not in Stereo!

#549 9 years ago

Matt, I just looked at your collection. Why do you have 3 USA footballs?

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Matt, I just looked at your collection. Why do you have 3 USA footballs?

Hey Neo,

One is a nice head-to-head, one is a head-to-head that I am in the process of saving from the grave....an EXTREME project machine. I do have it flipping and nearly 100% complete now. The other USA Football in my collection is the flipperless redemption pin with the same name and cabinet as the head-to-head. Only 11 of these were made, and I've been trying to get it added to the Pinside database, but no luck with that yet. Robin said he might add it sometime, but until then I'm using the other entry as a placeholder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.