(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By Stones

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,010 posts
  • 355 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Meegis
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240415_183519404_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_183526698 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_141807421_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_101135 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_101138 (resized).jpg
IMG_4896 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4939 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8835 (resized).jpeg
20231022_123949 (resized).jpg
20231022_123932 (resized).jpg
20231022_123920 (resized).jpg
IMG_8053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8055 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 8 years ago

Some amazing looking pins in this thread

Just wanted to ask you guys who have done your ramps what method holds up best for metal ramps, plating or powdercoating? My Goldeneye ramps need restoring and I was going to get them replated but looks like a lot of people in here have powdercoated their ramps, just wanted opinions from people who have had experience. Thanks

2 months later
#499 7 years ago

Has anyone done a TRON in a black chrome or gloss black??

#503 7 years ago

Now that is one of the nicest shadows I've seen awesome work bigbossfan and the gun is stunning!

#514 7 years ago

Bump for any Gloss black Tron pics?

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That'd look the same as any normal Tron. But glossy.
rd

I know that's why I want to see it in all its shiny and glossyness

1 week later
#519 7 years ago

You do some awesome powder coating Mark, your pins are some of the nicest examples of powder coated pins and that CV is stunning!

Has anyone powder coated a Pirates of the Caribbean? What colours/textures have people gone with?

4 months later
#694 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oups...thanks rd. Gotta pump the biz a little now and then. So many people out there have never heard of them.

I think everyone on Pinside has heard of them

I know a few people here in the U.K with them and they do look cool specially on a TRON they look killer

1 month later
#745 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah well if I'm gonna spend that kind of coin I want a "little" flash for my cash. You should see my gameroom.

If that awesome green is anything to go by, lets see that game room

1 week later
#757 7 years ago

Just wondering if any of the powder coating guru's could help me out, when I get my BM66 I want to powder coat the right ramp as the left ramp is already powder coated red, is it the same exact process for powder coating a chrome ramp as it is cabinet armour? And can you get a metallic flake effect in the powder coating or would the wire construction of the ramp have to little surface area for it to adhere without chipping? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

#759 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply RD, yeah sorry I should have been more specific and been clear I was talking about the wireforms but I made that post at half 3 in the morning after getting back from a house fire so proof reading wasn't even a consideration

It nice Stern have done a powder coated habitrail but I will definitely want to powder coat the one they have just left chrome.

If the factory powder is not great then I will probably redo it, have one wireform blue with a purple flake effect and the other red with a gold flake effect - subtle Batman & Robin colour schemes.

#764 7 years ago

RD that STTNG looks phenomenal man awesome work! Did you powder coat the ramp flaps as well?

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wouldn't do any type of metallic flake on the wireforms. All the ramps in my BF were redone, and they have held up relatively well (and I play the shit out of that game, as do most guests). The PC guy went a little lighter than the green I had suggested and presented to him (which was close to factory), but it still looks great. I know Paul recently had his redone also along with his armor, I think in purple. Stick with a solid color, and make sure they coat the hell out of them. I have a few nicks and trails in mine at this point, but they still look great compared to what they were.

I spoke to a local guy he seems to think he can create a flake effect with a very fine flake (he used the word dust) just to get it to catch the light and sparkle, he also said if it doesn't give me the desired finish and function i have described and showed him that he will strip them and re coat free of labour charges and just charge me at cost for the second coat so all in all it will be worth giving it ago

2 months later
#872 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I just finished these two up and finally get to post some pics in this thread, ton of work but worth it!

Love that white armour! Some blue leg bolts and levellers would finish it off nicely but already beautiful

3 weeks later
#912 7 years ago

Anyone powder coated an Avatar?

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

No one has posted one in this thread yet.....gotta be a few out there....

Most I've seen have just been chromed out, I wouldn't mind seeing some powder coated, I'm thinking I might do mine with some sort of UV reactive blue/purple inspired by the forest scene at night.

#929 6 years ago

Awesome colour looks great, the apron to match finishes it of perfectly she's a beauty

1 month later
#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You got that right, I'm about to find out how all chrome is gonna look on my ST Pro.....well not the coin door anyway.

Should look awesome Paul the new films are very clean and clinical looking, loads of white and chromes with lots of lights/leds and lcd screens, chrome should look great on your pro be sure to post pics as soon as you get it back on its legs.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Some more chrome from my old collection a few years back for the chrome connoisseurs fiberdude120

But then you need to play with these on if you have bad OCD like me

Sorry back to powder coating lol

Hulk and XMENLE look fantastic, curious what colour would look just as good on your POTC, Gold?

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I haven't had mine done.

Well hurry up then Paul we are waiting

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

once I did my ST Pro I KNOW I'd HAVE to have it for my Avatar LE.

It just another addiction within the addiction

1 month later
#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

For those not following my restore thread. My powder coated Flash Gordon.

Wow possibly the best Flash Gordon I have ever seen, love the laser cut side rails they are awesome.

2 weeks later
#1176 6 years ago

I am pretty sure I saw someone on pinside able to apply some sort of coating to plastic parts, i.e. plastic gun handles/shooters.

Anyone else remember seeing that and who it was or what process it was?

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ron at Pinball Plating & More was doing it, but he recently sold his company off to Chris who runs HRA.

Thanks, I will get in touch with Chris and see if it's something he can do now he has Ron's hardware. Need my Goldeneye gun shooter made to look new again

3 weeks later
#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Send it to me, I can do chrome, black chrome. Fair prices too

Could you do a Goldeneye gun shooter? It has plastic areas on the casing, is there a process to restore those?

3 years later
#1635 3 years ago

Any Deadpool premiums in here? Curious what you guys have done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.