(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By Stones

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,014 posts
  • 356 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Machine_04 (resized).jpg
Machine_03 (resized).jpg
Machine_02 (resized).jpg
Machine_01 (resized).jpg
63246580663__8BCB4A61-E7EB-4F2F-B4CF-33F968B6C07B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5980 (resized).jpeg
63246610992__ED7DA80C-682D-46BE-8FB0-F5F782F8179B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5987 (resized).jpeg
63252200281__F78200A3-61D5-45C2-95E0-3AC815CFA7AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6006 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240415_183519404_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_183526698 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_141807421_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Actually I'm probably more in the minority. I am not a big color fan for most titles. Especially the WPC stuff. I like black, maybe a dark blue on certain titles but the bright colors to me make most titles look 'cheap' if that's even the right word. Its all personal preference of course but I rarely see a bright color that I like. That yellow FG looks great though...

This is exactly how I feel. I see lots of colored powder on Stern games that looks cool, but when I speculate about how to color my lineup, or see examples online, I almost always think the colored armor looks cheap on the B/W stuff. I've done a bunch in black, a couple in a charcoal gray, etc.

1 week later
#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Vidgame you are absolutely ridiculous as always. Shall I paste the previous threads that shows your axe to grind and why no one should take what you say seriously?
You have obviously seen the game. You know the powder has a texture. You can't put a texture in the path of a rolling ball and expect it to move fluidly. That's common sense to ANYONE powder coating savvy or not. Everyone who has ever driven has gone over a speed bump with its sole purpose being SLOWING down what hits it. Textured powder is all speed bumps. Again COMMON SENSE. And I already said that mixing colors did not look good. Aesthetically chrome looks better than mis matched powders. Plain and simple.

Why did you guys switch to the veined powder? Frankly I liked both of the colors the version before that better, and the lack of texture worked on the wireforms.

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I just dropped off STTNG parts at a local place in St. Louis, MO. Price is $300 for legs, lock down bar, ball scoops, coin door, side rails, and backbox hinges. I'll post pictures once I get it back together.

What color? I've been thinking about doing the ball scoops and wireforms in STTNG, but didn't know a color yet. Wanted to do Black Nickel plating, but that runs a ton more from Chestnut than powder.

1 month later
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Black paint pen and some washers from Home Depot to give it a better look then the silver bolt heads in my opinion

Typically people get the bolts powdercoated to match the legs, otherwise they stand out no matter what other color they are.

5 months later
#669 7 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

SS, with black light. thx Jim!

To be honest, I've never liked the neon green trim on anything, much less SS. However, that coin door is sick! I've seen several versions of painted doors for this game, and that is the coolest by far. Did you do that yourself or have it done somewhere that could repeat it?

6 months later
#997 6 years ago

I don't know what it is, but I find that very few of the Bally/Williams games look good in colors. Tons of Sterns look great with various colors, but the older games don't for some reason. I've powder coated virtually all my games (except my old 80s stuff) and I've wanted to do colors. CV is the only B/W game I could bring to put color on, the others just don't look as good as the Sterns do for some reason. So I've ended up going with lots of black and a few in a gunmetal type of gray.

1 month later
#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I get all of mine from PBL. They are the ones that don't have the screw holes in the curved part.

It's not my thing, but some guys like a screw hole in the curved part.

6 months later
#1362 6 years ago

Has anyone powder coated a Safecracker? It's one of my last contemporary games untreated and it's feeling left out. I need ideas on colors. I do black for so many things, I'd like to do something else, but I usually feel even though colors look good on Stern era games, for some reason I tend not to like them on W/B era stuff. Not sure why, but I'd like to see anything someone has done with this title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 180.00
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here?tu=Cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.