(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By stones

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,578 posts
  • 266 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by twenty84
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,098 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RFM3 (resized).jpg
RFM2 (resized).jpg
RFM1 (resized).jpg
C160AC92-26E6-49A5-B41C-54669B367A9A (resized).jpeg
A485F6B9-BA30-4DB2-AEBD-F5339C46D506 (resized).jpeg
040CA281-F6CA-4D74-9CA7-22597D668015 (resized).jpeg
E27011A1-7822-4453-BE6A-85DFCFF10189 (resized).jpeg
5FA3D109-FFE3-43E5-B217-F9DB26FAD8ED (resized).jpeg
31B93B0C-4E78-46F5-9B97-D249356F4954 (resized).jpeg
2A4D6A5A-05F0-4DC2-B757-FACB6C530AD3 (resized).jpeg
562F3C06-CF97-4B08-9033-99B49E1FBF6A (resized).jpeg
7D1981E4-45B2-4815-BE73-186E63DC3BC4 (resized).jpeg
C23AE6B5-09D9-47A8-9200-FB2DC1D79D4E (resized).jpeg
AE916F93-A208-4C29-BC0A-D2ED1B6CC0B8 (resized).jpeg
36999114-67C7-4360-A976-F4809CD2D9F3 (resized).jpeg
B74A6EC4-0E6A-4E6A-85DE-8D721D3EAF3B (resized).jpeg

There are 1578 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Black paint pen and some washers from Home Depot to give it a better look then the silver bolt heads in my opinion

Typically people get the bolts powdercoated to match the legs, otherwise they stand out no matter what other color they are.

#402 3 years ago

I like to mix collors.... i.e., I have golden bolts on the black legs of my SWT and it looks amazing!

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Typically people get the bolts powdercoated to match the legs, otherwise they stand out no matter what other color they are.

Thanks for the tip. I personally like the look of the black on the purple. The washers look lighter in the pic for some reason. I'm not sure, but I think that someone mentioned that when the bolts are powdercoated you need to be extra careful when tightening them or the coat can chip.

#406 3 years ago

Next!

IMG_20160517_112607254_(resized).jpg

#407 3 years ago

My MET ....

075_(resized).JPG

118_(resized).JPG

092_(resized).JPG

nov14_027_(resized).JPG

073_(resized).JPG

#408 3 years ago

IMG_20160517_134636544_(resized).jpg

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Matt does beautiful work.

contacted him and havent heard back. looking to get my totan sword powercoated. anyone else someone can recommend ?

#410 3 years ago

My IJ done in Bronze Metallic (really doesn't show in the pics):

20160517_201336_(resized).jpg20160517_201349_(resized).jpg20160517_201403_(resized).jpg20160517_201426_(resized).jpg

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It really doesn't... machine is beautiful anyway!

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Show a close up of the color. Hey the legs of your pool table look just like mine, mines a Heritage 7ft slate.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Did you also do the condor and gun handle, it is hard to see. Could the gun handle be done with powder coat?

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did you also do the condor and gun handle, it is hard to see. Could the gun handle be done with powder coat?

The coin door was done also, but the gun was plated by Mike Chestnut just prior to me acquiring the game..... and I'm going to keep it that way.

#415 3 years ago

Coin door, legs and shooter housing look darker due to overcast lighting but it's the same as the lockdown and rails. Very nice multi stage glossy purple. So shiny it shows fingerprints like chrome.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#416 3 years ago

Astropin: that IJ looks great!

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Coin door, legs and shooter housing look darker due to overcast lighting but it's the same as the lockdown and rails. Very nice multi stage glossy purple. So shiny it shows fingerprints like chrome.

I think that is the best combination! IMHO better than the slimmer green. Beautiful machine

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

An awesome example of what i was getting at COMPLIMENTARY!!

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think that is the best combination! IMHO better than the slimmer green. Beautiful machine

The colours should fit with the cabinet art. Not with the PF, nor with some toy. If it doesn't compliment the cabinet colours, well, just don't!

#420 3 years ago

Brought home a spiderman this past week. The powder was a major factor in my buying decision.

Sorry for the dark pic.

IMG_20160519_221532_(resized).jpg

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yeah that purple works with this game.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Astropin: that IJ looks great!

Thanks....ditto on your GB!

#423 3 years ago

White Ghostbusters
GB_White_(resized).JPG

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

White Ghostbusters

Looks nice, but would look way better with white trip on the head IMHO!

Congrats!

#426 3 years ago

White Ghostbusters

#427 3 years ago

White Ghostbusters

If you added little bit of red somewhere, then I think it would look pretty nice but at current state,

#428 3 years ago

I think the white is better than the green I saw. Glow-In-The-Dark... would be interesting.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I like!, best looking GB I have seen. I also like the fact you did the coin door, that really gives the machine a finished look. Can you tell me what color powder that is? I think it would look good on my Metallica Pro.

#431 3 years ago

White Ghostbusters

Quoted from V4Vendetta:

If you added little bit of red somewhere

I like the look of this. But a little red might look good. I have a set of red backbox hinges that I could send you if you'd want.

#432 3 years ago

Gone but not forgotten my ST Pro in Metallic Blue:

WP_20160115_18_24_50_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20141215_20_21_24_Pro_(resized).jpg

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I like!, best looking GB I have seen. I also like the fact you did the coin door, that really gives the machine a finished look. Can you tell me what color powder that is? I think it would look good on my Metallica Pro.

I'll ask. It's a multi stage powder so it's not one color but a formula. My Metallica also has that color

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll ask. It's a multi stage powder so it's not one color but a formula. My Metallica also has that color

I would appreciate it. I figured it was multi stage, it looks great. Can you post some pics of your Metallica too? I would love to see it.

#435 3 years ago

I bought my Ironman new in 2010. I always wanted to powdercoat it like Ironmans suit and last week I finally got around to it.

Hey, good things take time.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It WOULD NOT make his day...
You can never go wrong with black powder coat IMO. I did my DH in black nickel. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album339

Love the black nickel but I'm sure it cost a lot more for that than powder coat.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

Anyone else doing their own powdercoating? I built and oven that would hold side rails and started practicing. I still have the legs to do and some decals to add. I think the blacked out look is sharp on Pinbot.

I just picked up an old school locker to build a powder coat oven. Looking to pickup a free oven from Craigslist to modify for that. I'd be really interested in a thread on how you built your powder coat oven - it looks sweet - how did you do the window? I'd love to hear more details on what your finding out through your experiences too!

#438 3 years ago

Do i still get to play if only the lockdown bar is coated

1464575502284_(resized).jpg

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Yes you do!

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Love it 100%!

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

D&D is a fun game. I think the orange fits nicely. However, the photo is really blurry...BUT there looks to be something cool going on with that shooter rod. Is that a dragon head?

faz

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I bought my Ironman new in 2010. I always wanted to powdercoat it like Ironmans suit and last week I finally got around to it.
Hey, good things take time.
rd

Hey that looks great. If your interested here's a couple of pictures of a Pinsiders Ironman with my amber Leg light-ups on. I have other colors available also.

Amber_Ironman._(resized).jpg

Amber_Ironman2_(resized).jpeg

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey that looks great. If your interested here's a couple of pictures of a Pinsiders Ironman with my amber Leg light-ups on. I have other colors available also.

Cool Paul! But they are a little past my mod tolerance threshold.

I keep most of them pretty stock. I've powdercoated about a dozen pins I guess.
Ironman - ruby red
Spiderman - red
AFM - gloss black
No Fear - gloss black
Indiana Jones - brass legs and habitrails
WCS - purple legs to match the purple in the cabinet color
Congo - gloss black
CFTBL - gloss black
TOTAN - gold antiqued legs
TOM - gold passifated legs
Bugs Bunny - gloss white legs
Getaway - gloss black

Lots of my Williams machines have gloss black legs to match the cabs. It's a good way to recycle all the crappy rusty legs too. We blast them and powdercoat them and reuse them. When you live in NZ you can't just get new legs from Pinball Life for $40 a set ... It costs like $200 to buy them and freight them. It costs me $60 a set to blast them and powdercoat them so that's a winner.

rd

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ironman - ruby red
Spiderman - red
AFM - gloss black
No Fear - gloss black
Congo - gloss black
CFTBL - gloss black
Getaway - gloss black
Lots of my Williams machines have gloss black legs to match the cabs. It's a good way to recycle all the crappy rusty legs too. We blast them and powdercoat them and reuse them. When you live in NZ you can't just get new legs from Pinball Life for $40 a set ... It costs like $200 to buy them and freight them. It costs me $60 a set to blast them and powdercoat them so that's a winner.
rd

Can you show your spiderman and CFTBL. I have those and wondering if I would do Spidey red or blue, CFTBL black or Chrome.

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Can you show your spiderman and CFTBL. I have those and wondering if I would do Spidey red or blue, CFTBL black or Chrome.

Sure. Spidy looks a little pink in these photos, it's actually red ... But that's what happens with an iPhone at night time.

CFTBL isn't at this house, but you should be able to see a black one on the net, I've seen others around.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ironman - ruby red
Spiderman - red
AFM - gloss black
No Fear - gloss black
Congo - gloss black
CFTBL - gloss black
Getaway - gloss black
rd

I would like to see some pictures of your WCS. My dad has one and is considering powder coating the armor on it.

#447 3 years ago

Based on the photos posted so far it seems to me not many are powder coating the wireforms?

#448 3 years ago

Here is a Scared Stiff

20160529_133630_(resized).jpg

20160529_133535_(resized).jpg

20160529_133812_(resized).jpg

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

D&D is a fun game. I think the orange fits nicely. However, the photo is really blurry...BUT there looks to be something cool going on with that shooter rod. Is that a dragon head?
faz

Yes it's one of Mikeincali's dragon shooter rod for the hobbit. Fits nicely on dnd

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Looks nice, but would look way better with white trip on the head IMHO!
Congrats!

Quoted from V4Vendetta:

If you added little bit of red somewhere, then I think it would look pretty nice but at current state,

Here is white t-molding, and a little red
GB_White_2_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1578 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside