(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By Stones

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,014 posts
  • 356 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Machine_04 (resized).jpg
Machine_03 (resized).jpg
Machine_02 (resized).jpg
Machine_01 (resized).jpg
63246580663__8BCB4A61-E7EB-4F2F-B4CF-33F968B6C07B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5980 (resized).jpeg
63246610992__ED7DA80C-682D-46BE-8FB0-F5F782F8179B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5987 (resized).jpeg
63252200281__F78200A3-61D5-45C2-95E0-3AC815CFA7AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6006 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240415_183519404_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_183526698 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_141807421_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 2,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 41.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you hook those up to game power? Do they go all the way around the edge?

On this one we ran just the front lit up and wired to separate lower supplies. Normally I run them off game power. The led strips are dimmed significantly as full strip is too bright for this application. Dimmed it looks great.

#602 7 years ago

It would be cool to see a stern backbox lit up have you done that yet markmon?

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you hook those up to game power? Do they go all the way around the edge?

Oops double. See markmon above.

We did this to our acdc and iron maiden as well

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ignore the camera color bombing on the playfield.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#605 7 years ago

Very slick! Love the ideas you come up with.

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I did my GB Pro with rgb and only a few people liked it. The rgb is nice cuz when your in a solid color they have like 8 brightness levels. These pictures were taken at the highest brightness.

IMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0511[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0510[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0510[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0513[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0513[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0515[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0515[1]_(resized).JPG

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I did my GB Pro with rgb and only a few people liked it. The rgb is nice cuz when your in a solid color they have like 8 brightness levels. These pictures were taken at the highest brightness.

Cant decide if i like the purple or green better

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Cant decide if i like the purple or green better

My camera makes it look purple, actually that's blue. That's why I put an rgb strips in so I can change it up if I want AND get the rgb fading. A bit more money but now I have options.

#609 7 years ago

That came out great paul! You should sell kits

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

That came out great paul! You should sell kits

I think it did too but only about 7% of the people that answered my pole said they liked it and it's difficult to assemble with too much that can go wrong.

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think it did too but only about 7% of the people that answered my pole said they liked it and it's difficult to assemble with too much that can go wrong.

Paul, I don't wanna hurt your feelings, but.... I didn't like it either....

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Paul, I don't wanna hurt your feelings, but.... I didn't like it either....

Not at all, hey I hate it when people put action figures all over their pf's but that's just my opinion. Everyone has a right to their own opinion right. That's why I put a poll up, to get peoples opinion. So what's your opinion on the lit T molding on RFM and SW? I like it. I was originally was gonna do that to my RFM almost a year ago but kept putting it off, when GB came along I knew I had to put it on that game first. I just ordered the parts to do my RFM but again I'm using an rgb strip so I can change the look whenever I want. The parts run about $90.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not at all, hey I hate it when people put action figures all over their pf's but that's just my opinion. Everyone has a right to their own opinion right. That's why I put a poll up, to get peoples opinion. So what's your opinion on the lit T molding on RFM and SW? I like it. I was originally was gonna do that to my RFM almost a year ago but kept putting it off, when GB came along I knew I had to put it on that game first. I just ordered the parts to do my RFM but again I'm using an rgb strip so I can change the look whenever I want. The parts run about $90.

That's great man! You got a f***ing nice collection, keep it up always!

PS I: The sad part is when some shovelheads thumbs you down for nothin' here on pinside, but hey, carma is great! They end up buying games with burnt playfields!
PS II: I got some action figures on some PF's... not all over, but here and there...

#614 7 years ago

Thanks man, you too.

Thumbs down is just someone disagreeing with you, no big deal.

I do too, they came stock on my Avatar LE.

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's great man! You got a f***ing nice collection, keep it up always!
PS I: The sad part is when some shovelheads thumbs you down for nothin' here on pinside, but hey, carma is great! They end up buying games with burnt playfields!
PS II: I got some action figures on some PF's... not all over, but here and there...

Like Paul said, i disagree with you. Nothing personal. I think Paul's GB looks bad ass and very unique.

#616 7 years ago

Finished the Scared Stiff. The side rails are Stern and just clip on top of the originals. That's so I can take them off with no harm done to the originals. I was surprised on how tight they fit and how they match the pinblades decals.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Like Paul said, i disagree with you. Nothing personal. I think Paul's GB looks bad ass and very unique.

Well that makes 2 of us.

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Finished the Scared Stiff. The side rails are Stern and just clip on top of the originals. That's so I can take them off with no harm done to the originals. I was surprised on how tight they fit and how they match the pinblades decals.

Hey that's neat.

#619 7 years ago

Need to take more pics but just haven't.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey that's neat.

They wedge in between the BB hinge and the original side rail at the top, and the are held firm on the bottom by the lockbar. They really look like they belong and you can powder coat any color and never change the original side rails. Jut use a small piece of two sided tape underneath to hold them in place when removing the lockbar.

#621 7 years ago

Heres my trek I just got finished, went dark metallic blue, love it!

st1.jpgst1.jpg
st2.jpgst2.jpg
st3.jpgst3.jpg

#622 7 years ago

That looks very nice.

#623 7 years ago

Star trek looks great!

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

That's so slick! Very very impressive! Congrats!

#625 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words on trek boys! One more and then I'm done PC for a while, just want to swap to black flipper buttons and actually wipe the finger prints off the rails and legs

LOTR with a black/gold vein:

l1.jpgl1.jpg
l2.jpgl2.jpg
l3.jpgl3.jpg

#626 7 years ago

They both look great lib

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Quoted from libtech:

Thanks for the kind words on trek boys! One more and then I'm done PC for a while, just want to swap to black flipper buttons and actually wipe the finger prints off the rails and legs

Dude, I'm jealous!

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Need to take more pics but just haven't.

That's a nice LE LE.

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks good, that's the same way I was going to go with mine. Good to see it works nicely!

How did you handle the plate on the lock bar? Drill out the rivets then re-rivet it back on?

rd

#631 7 years ago

Yea drilled it, I bought a polished one from mezel, the real pain is the half tubular rivets, dont use the c-clamp one off ebay get a press since the lip on the lockbar makes it real tough!

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea drilled it, I bought a polished one from mezel, the real pain is the half tubular rivets, dont use the c-clamp one off ebay get a press since the lip on the lockbar makes it real tough!

That's the only reason I haven't done my STPro and GOT pro ... Haven't got a rivet press and too lazy to get one lol

rd

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

When I first saw the LOTR I didn't like it at all. Now after going back and viewing it a dozen times, I can't get it out of my head! I love it. It looks amazing. Great job and perfect color combo effect!!!

#634 7 years ago

I picked up this Family Guy a couple of weeks ago. The orange was a good choice by the previous owner.

IMG_20160714_203229419_(resized).jpgIMG_20160714_203229419_(resized).jpg

#635 7 years ago

This may be a stupid question, but are there any cons of powdercoating siderails, legs and possibly wireform ramps?

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

This may be a stupid question, but are there any cons of powdercoating siderails, legs and possibly wireform ramps?

1. Cost

2. Down time while parts are being coated

3. Some buyers might prefer the stock look

2 weeks later
#637 7 years ago

So if I would be interested in having some pinball parts powdercoated, who are the go to guys? Or is everybody just finding someone locally?

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

So if I would be interested in having some pinball parts powdercoated, who are the go to guys? Or is everybody just finding someone locally?

Still looking to do that article for PM? I go local, I can inspect the parts unwrapped when I pick them up, if anything has to be redone your right there, then I wrap them up just good enough to get them home. To ship these parts they usually wrap the hell out of them so they don't get damaged, total waste. The shipping of all the parts to and from costs a lot so by going local you'll save $50-$75 depending where you live. The job will get back to you a lot faster too, no shipping time to and from.

#639 7 years ago

Pretty damn sweet they added the view gallery only option to pinside

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Still looking to do that article for PM?

Thanks for your input. I like to do an article on powedercoating for Pinball Magazine, but whether I will be able to squeeze it into the next issue I doubt. Also, articlewise it's less interesting if powdercoating is just a matter of sending in your metal parts to a seller who takes care of it for you and that's it. Not much of a story there.

#641 7 years ago

I asked for powder coating options in my neighborhood. I got this company who can do it only just all RAL colors. I see also examples of metallic side rails, are those powder coated or spray painted? Like the Star Trek above? Or are there RAL colors that are metallic?

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I asked for powder coating options in my neighborhood. I got this company who can do it only just all RAL colors. I see also examples of metallic side rails, are those powder coated or spray painted? Like the Star Trek above? Or are there RAL colors that are metallic?

RAL colors are not metallic. RAL is a standard of paint colors for commercial and industrial uses mostly.

Ask if they will paint if you provide the paint. Then find and buy the paint you want on line and bring it with the parts.

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

RAL colors are not metallic. RAL is a standard of paint colors for commercial and industrial uses mostly.
Ask if they will paint if you provide the paint. Then find and buy the paint you want on line and bring it with the parts.

Ok, but can that be powder coated? Like can I bring any car color and they can powder oat that or is that just spray painted?

#644 7 years ago

Goto prismatic powders, pick out an illusion color (1 lb.) , use silver flake underneath it, bring in all your parts (including the shooter housing) , takes about a week and 200 bucks....done !

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Goto prismatic powders, pick out an illusion color (1 lb.) , use silver flake underneath it, bring in all your parts (including the shooter housing) , takes about a week and 200 bucks....done !

+++ that and if you want a more complete look bring your apron in too or buy Timebandits clear color plastic apron.

#646 7 years ago

Several Pinsiders here had a little twist on the "Show Off Your Powder Coated Machines Here" thread...
so I wanted to share my twist with you;

I recently did my Circus Voltaire & No Fear with Rustoleum rattle can enamel spray paint, then 3 coats of 4 to 1 automotive high gloss clear (note I added ultra fine green metal flake to CV clear). "If" you try this at home... be sure to wear the right protective gear (clothes, gloves, sealed eye wear and the proper respirator), especially spraying clear with hardener.

DSCN5570 (resized).JPGDSCN5570 (resized).JPG

DSCN5569 (resized).JPGDSCN5569 (resized).JPG

DSCN5573 (resized).JPGDSCN5573 (resized).JPG

DSCN5567 (resized).JPGDSCN5567 (resized).JPG

DSCN5594 (resized).JPGDSCN5594 (resized).JPG

DSCN5597 (resized).JPGDSCN5597 (resized).JPG

DSCN5579 (resized).JPGDSCN5579 (resized).JPG

DSCN5576 (resized).JPGDSCN5576 (resized).JPG

#647 7 years ago

Did you actual paint the rails while they were on the machine??

#648 7 years ago

Yes I did, and I pulled the hinges and painted both sides those.

3 weeks later
#649 7 years ago

Not powder coated, but...

ps: (ain't my machine)

14364649_667371730100289_8366608066282484071_n (resized).jpg14364649_667371730100289_8366608066282484071_n (resized).jpg
14390946_667371686766960_2337281931632373829_n (resized).jpg14390946_667371686766960_2337281931632373829_n (resized).jpg

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Not powder coated, but...
ps: (ain't my machine)

Bummer that someone got their fingers jammed in that coin door!

Hopefully that blood will clean up ok.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
There are 2,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/13?hl=whitenoise3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.