(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By Stones

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,014 posts
  • 356 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Machine_04 (resized).jpg
Machine_03 (resized).jpg
Machine_02 (resized).jpg
Machine_01 (resized).jpg
63246580663__8BCB4A61-E7EB-4F2F-B4CF-33F968B6C07B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5980 (resized).jpeg
63246610992__ED7DA80C-682D-46BE-8FB0-F5F782F8179B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5987 (resized).jpeg
63252200281__F78200A3-61D5-45C2-95E0-3AC815CFA7AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6006 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240415_183519404_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240415_183526698 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240414_141807421_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 2,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 41.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Here's my work in progress.....The powder coating guy accidently ruined some coin door parts. does anyone have these coin door parts they are willing to sell me? (pics below)
1. Button housing (coin entrance plate) #27-1021
2. Coin return bezel #27-1061-1
3. coin return flap #27-1062
Thanks, Jon

Oh man that's the shits....wish I could help.

#502 7 years ago

Following along with this thread inspired me to look for someone local who did powder coating. Finally found someone and got them to do armour for my Shadow. I'm pretty impressed with the results. Price was fantastic too.....180 Canadian (I guess about 140 USD) for everything. First pic is the gun before. Everything else (rails, legs, hinges etc were all new).

Old_Gun_(resized).JPGOld_Gun_(resized).JPG

New_Gun_(resized).JPGNew_Gun_(resized).JPG

Laid_Out_(resized).JPGLaid_Out_(resized).JPG

Hinges_(resized).JPGHinges_(resized).JPG

Side_Shot_(resized).JPGSide_Shot_(resized).JPG

Fully_Installed_(resized).JPGFully_Installed_(resized).JPG

#503 7 years ago

Now that is one of the nicest shadows I've seen awesome work bigbossfan and the gun is stunning!

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Here's my work in progress.....The powder coating guy accidently ruined some coin door parts. does anyone have these coin door parts they are willing to sell me? (pics below)
1. Button housing (coin entrance plate) #27-1021
2. Coin return bezel #27-1061-1
3. coin return flap #27-1062
Thanks, Jon

Wow!! That Orange looks sick!!

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Following along with this thread inspired me to look for someone local who did powder coating. Finally found someone and got them to do armour for my Shadow. I'm pretty impressed with the results. Price was fantastic too.....180 Canadian (I guess about 140 USD) for everything. First pic is the gun before. Everything else (rails, legs, hinges etc were all new).

Wow did you get a deal. Looks GREAT.

#506 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I figured it must be a pretty sweet deal. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and do my other pins. One thing I'm worried about. A buddy of mine told me that old side rails tend to warp when getting powder coated. Anyone have experience with this? I.E., should I buy new rails?

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

A buddy of mine told me that old side rails tend to warp when getting powder coated. Anyone have experience with this? I.E., should I buy new rails?

Never heard that one before.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

That gun handle is awesome!

#510 7 years ago

I paid $165 for the metallic bronze on my IJ. It included the lockdown, door, side rails, legs and leg bolts. And that was paying extra for that color.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I paid $165 for the metallic bronze on my IJ. It included the lockdown, door, side rails, legs and leg bolts. And that was paying extra for that color.

By who ? Someone local?

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's about what I pay (but in NZ dollars). Hey, I doubt it's as nice as what Alex (Pinchroma) would do, but it works ok for me.

rd

#513 7 years ago

Bump again for Austin Powers powdercoat pictures? I've seen them around ....

rd

#514 7 years ago

Bump for any Gloss black Tron pics?

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bump for any Gloss black Tron pics?

That'd look the same as any normal Tron. But glossy.

rd

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That'd look the same as any normal Tron. But glossy.
rd

I know that's why I want to see it in all its shiny and glossyness

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

By who ? Someone local?

Yes, here in Michigan. Near Lansing.

#518 7 years ago

Just did a CV in same multi stage purple as ghost busters.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#519 7 years ago

You do some awesome powder coating Mark, your pins are some of the nicest examples of powder coated pins and that CV is stunning!

Has anyone powder coated a Pirates of the Caribbean? What colours/textures have people gone with?

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You do some awesome powder coating Mark, your pins are some of the nicest examples of powder coated pins and that CV is stunning!
Has anyone powder coated a Pirates of the Caribbean? What colours/textures have people gone with?

Someone local to me has good powder. Not plated. Looks alright.

Added over 8 years ago: Should say gold.... not good

1 week later
#521 7 years ago

Bump fore more GB pics......gotta be a few out there by now

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Bump fore more GB pics......gotta be a few out there by now

My Candy Raspberry armor will be ready Tue. or Wed.

#523 7 years ago

Got a pic

IMG_20160704_183537_(resized).jpgIMG_20160704_183537_(resized).jpg

#524 7 years ago

My Scared Stiff is in the works. Here is the lock bar and legs. It's taking longer because of the airbrushing. The idea here is making it look like slime is running out of the BB down the side rails ( being powder coated as we speak) across the lock bar. Also the legs look like slime will poring out of the bolt holes. I will blog about this one when its done. I have a few tricks that I would like to pass along. Oh and I'm not a professional and I don't have a business so my work isn't as good as a lot of you guys out there.

#525 7 years ago

This TAFG #637 has 24 carat gold plating on the lock bar, side rails and legs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#526 7 years ago

Here is my MM. This one is powder coated gold trim with a few extras.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My Scared Stiff is in the works. Here is the lock bar and legs. It's taking longer because of the airbrushing. The idea here is making it look like slime is running out of the BB down the side rails ( being powder coated as we speak) across the lock bar. Also the legs look like slime will poring out of the bolt holes. I will blog about this one when its done. I have a few tricks that I would like to pass along. Oh and I'm not a professional and I don't have a business so my work isn't as good as a lot of you guys out there.

Cool, can't wait to see the pics of the machine with its parts!

#528 7 years ago

Should be a couple of days yet on rails. Had another set of body armor done at the same time.

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My Scared Stiff is in the works. Here is the lock bar and legs.

That's pretty good... sorta along the lines of what I thought about on my Star Trek Mirror Universe project.
Are you air brushing over the black powdercoat ... or airbushing powdercoat onto the legs?
I assume the former.... as the latter would probably require some liquid powdercoat which I've done in the past.

#530 7 years ago

As you have presumed I'm airbrushing over the powder coating and then clear coating the entire piece with acrylic clear. Since I'm not a professional artist, I'm drawing and masking the slime. Then I go back and use a paint marker and draw in the detail. Then clear coat the entire piece. In other words I Cheat!

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Candy Raspberry armor will be ready Tue. or Wed.

Picked up my parts yesterday, all looked great except one leg had a large not so good spot about 3 inches long. I pointed it out to the guy and he said "looks like a bad spot on the metal or something, I can TRY to fix it if you want but I'm not making any money doing your parts so I won't do any more". I payed him $300 and walked out with my parts. Pissed me off. I'm using the one bad coated leg on a back leg where you won't see it.

IMGA0595[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0595[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0596[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0596[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0598[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0601[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0600[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0600[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0602[1]_(resized).JPG

#532 7 years ago

Ouch. I've been there... done that Paul. Sorry to hear that; despite the non-professional rant earlier in the thread... I still prefer to do it myself so I only have to blame one person. :S

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ouch. I've been there... done that Paul. Sorry to hear that; despite the non-professional rant earlier in the thread... I still prefer to do it myself so I only have to blame one person. :S

Thanks Zitt, some things I like to do myself too.

IMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0597[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0595[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0595[1]_(resized).JPG

#534 7 years ago

If I would be interested in doing an article on powder coating for Pinball Magazine No. 4, who would be a good party to talk to?

#535 7 years ago

One more candy red Ironman! Shes beautiful in person

IM2.jpgIM2.jpg

im1.jpgim1.jpg

#536 7 years ago

Wow, I'd swear "she" was a dude!

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

If I would be interested in doing an article on powder coating for Pinball Magazine No. 4, who would be a good party to talk to?

I think you have a few good candidates in this thread..... Would love to see an article on powder coating.....

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Someone at the Refinery could probably give you a name of who does theirs. You can use a picture of mine that I posted above no charge.

Quoted from libtech:

Oh yeah. Now you need beatmasters shooter light up in amber and my amber leg light ups. I'm now offering 8 clear leg bolt washers FREE with every kit, the washers actually light up because they are clear. They don't light up like the leg light ups but they do light up.

#539 7 years ago

One thing that I have always been curious about was the "Red" trim molding on IMVe doesn't quite match the beautiful red armor people are installing. Has anyone changed out the red T-molding to gold. I imaging the gold T-mold/candy red armor will look more like his suit. Just curious if anyone has done it.

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

One thing that I have always been curious about was the "Red" trim molding on IMVe doesn't quite match the beautiful red armor people are installing. Has anyone changed out the red T-molding to gold. I imaging the gold T-mold/candy red armor will look more like his suit. Just curious if anyone has done it.

The first run Ironmans like mine (2010) have gold head trim as standard.

rd

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

She's a beaut

#542 7 years ago

Hot Pink GB Baby! Now that's what I'm talking about! Huge shout out to Bryan Kelly for referring me to Matt at Back Ally Creations and an even bigger shout out to Matt for his incredible work and fast turn around time!

IMG_1508_(resized).jpgIMG_1508_(resized).jpg

IMG_1510_(resized).jpgIMG_1510_(resized).jpg

IMG_1519_(resized).jpgIMG_1519_(resized).jpg

IMG_1512_(resized).jpgIMG_1512_(resized).jpg

#543 7 years ago

Actually think pink doesn't look to bad
I like it

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Actually think pink doesn't look to bad
I like it

I do to......looks great!

#545 7 years ago

Wow, pink looks really good actually!

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Hot Pink GB Baby! Now that's what I'm talking about! Huge shout out to Bryan Kelly for referring me to Matt at Back Ally Creations and an even bigger shout out to Matt for his incredible work and fast turn around time!

Looks nice but why didn't they coat the screws and bolts.

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's easier to replace chrome bolts than powdered bolts when they get marked up.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

It's easier to replace chrome bolts than powdered bolts when they get marked up.

But I've had all the screws and hinge bolts coated on all my games for a couple of years now and they are still perfect so I don't understand how they could get marked up, once you put them on there's no reason to mess with them. I could see the leg bolt heads, they chip like crazy so on the front legs I replaced them with Refinery show quality bolts. Those things are GREAT.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I actually prefer the black contrast.

That's why I didn't have the coin door or shooter done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
There are 2,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.