(Topic ID: 155473)

show off your powder coated machines here!

By Stones

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,002 posts
  • 354 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 74 days ago by shlap
  • Topic is favorited by 173 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8835 (resized).jpeg
20231022_123949 (resized).jpg
20231022_123932 (resized).jpg
20231022_123920 (resized).jpg
IMG_8053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8057 (resized).jpeg
20231110_145354 (resized).jpg
20231110_145343 (resized).jpg
20231110_145257 (resized).jpg
20231110_145311 (resized).jpg
20231022_113412 (resized).jpg
20231022_204618 (resized).jpg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.
#1 7 years ago

So I just got back from TPF and I was blown away by some of the machines that have been powder coated and hoping other pinsiders would share (show off) machines they have powder coated. I see some pics in random threads, but not a dedicated thread (apologize if there is a thread). Not everyone is a fan of DH, but I love this machine! Thoughts on what I should make the color scheme for powder coating?

20160321_164045_(resized).jpg20160321_164045_(resized).jpg

20160321_164126_(resized).jpg20160321_164126_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Just the thread i was looking for ....i will be doing a few of my machines as well and am torn on what colours to do especially on Alien Poker and RollerGames. For me its always a question to go with a colour there is lots of on a machine or something there is very little of.
As far as DH i wonder if something to match that light purple might look good?

#3 7 years ago

It's Candy Apple Blood Red. Looks even better in person.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

This one isn't done yet but all the metal is a gloss black powder coat.

#5 7 years ago

Iridescent purple for STTNG.

#6 7 years ago

My favorite other then EATPM. I had them put so much metal flake in this it's incredible.

It's a dark blue with metallic flake in person. A little hard to catch on camera.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

That looks cool, how much does it cost to get that done more or less?

#8 7 years ago

The place I found here in Dallas charges about $300. I take every bolt, rails, legs, lock bar, coin door and hinges in for that. The colors I choose take two coats or more usually which is why it's about $300.

It's so much simpler and looks better then trying to clean the old stuff and is cheaper then buying all new (I usually buy new rails to be coated).

#9 7 years ago

Lighting isn't ideal, but you get the idea.

20151221_220335_(resized).jpg20151221_220335_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Looks like what is on my imve

#11 7 years ago

The place I found here in Dallas charges about $300. I take every bolt, rails, legs, lock bar, coin door and hinges in for that. The colors I choose take two coats or more usually which is why it's about $300.
It's so much simpler and looks better then trying to clean the old stuff and is cheaper then buying all new (I usually buy new rails to be coated).

Cool, may do that on my Elvira, I dig the look.

#12 7 years ago

These are looking great guys .... Keep em coming

#13 7 years ago

Dirty Harry Sample IMAG0238_DH_3_(resized).jpgIMAG0238_DH_3_(resized).jpgIMAG0236_DH_2_(resized).jpgIMAG0236_DH_2_(resized).jpgIMAG0237_DH_1_(resized).jpgIMAG0237_DH_1_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Corvette IMAG0042_powder_coat_(resized).jpgIMAG0042_powder_coat_(resized).jpgIMAG0043_cab_side_1_(resized).jpgIMAG0043_cab_side_1_(resized).jpg IMAG0045_cab_side_2_(resized).jpgIMAG0045_cab_side_2_(resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

Wonder what Dirty Harry would say about that color?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

It WOULD NOT make his day...

You can never go wrong with black powder coat IMO. I did my DH in black nickel. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album339

#17 7 years ago

( SWELL ). LOL the other good note the only one that has to be happy with it is me since I am the one that owns it.just saying

#18 7 years ago

He would say " You have to ask yourself a question: Do you like Pink? Well, do you, Punk?"

Having looked at the DH with Pink and the Corvette with Pink/Purplish color it really pops and matches the cab well but I personally do not care for the colors. I had an idea that the bright Pink/Purplish color would look good on the new Ghostbusters Premium/Pro, but after seeing the picture of that color on the Corvette I have changed my mind-glow in the dark white would look better-imo.

-Also for DH I think the red color on apron would match best

#19 7 years ago

Real men wear pink?

realmenwearpink_(resized).pngrealmenwearpink_(resized).png

#20 7 years ago

Here are a couple of mine

#21 7 years ago

I really like the color Gold on that GOT. It looks more like a true Gold instead of that mustard Gold that was put on MMR. The stickers on the coin door make it look too busy-I would remove and show off that beautiful powdered coin door.
Also you did an awesome job on the conversion-the art is stellar.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really like the color Gold on that GOT. It looks more like a true Gold instead of that mustard Gold that was put on MMR. The stickers on the coin door make it look too busy-I would remove and show off that beautiful powdered coin door.
Also you did an awesome job on the conversion-the art is stellar.

Thank you. I agree my GoT stickers didn't come out like I hoped.

#23 7 years ago

I agree on GoT nice looking gold.my powder guy hasn't been able to get a gold that looks like that. But haven't checked with him in several weeks

#24 7 years ago

Here is my Corvette, done in chevy orange of course, and chromed back box

photo_3_(resized).JPGphoto_3_(resized).JPG

photo_2_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPG

photo_1_(resized).JPGphoto_1_(resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

A few I've done.

IMG_0825_(resized).JPGIMG_0825_(resized).JPG

IMG_0400_(resized).JPGIMG_0400_(resized).JPG

IMG_0772_(resized).JPGIMG_0772_(resized).JPG

IMG_0175_(resized).JPGIMG_0175_(resized).JPG

IMG_3207_(resized).JPGIMG_3207_(resized).JPG

IMG_2334_(resized).JPGIMG_2334_(resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

My Dirty Harry Sample pin. matches and helps bring out the city on the sides. just my opinion. iam sure some my not like it.

IMAG0237_DH_1_(resized).jpgIMAG0236_DH_2_(resized).jpgIMAG0238_DH_3_(resized).jpg

That is some purple! I like how you did that around the backglass and outer trim around the coin door. Looks like you did the gun too?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Here is my Corvette, done in chevy orange of course, and chromed back box

photo_3_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPGphoto_1_(resized).JPG

Paint scheme looks great on that! The chrome around the backbox makes it pop! Very nice!

#28 7 years ago

Teekee that looks awesome! I think I found a place in Wichita (new to the area) that can powder coat my machine. I like how you did the gun in all black. I wonder how it would come out if I did the handle black, gun guard, and the rest in chrome? I wonder how much of a pain it would be for them.

10_G_sized_(resized).jpg10_G_sized_(resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Just the thread i was looking for ....i will be doing a few of my machines as well and am torn on what colours to do especially on Alien Poker and RollerGames. For me its always a question to go with a colour there is lots of on a machine or something there is very little of.
As far as DH i wonder if something to match that light purple might look good?

I'm thinking either a very dark purple.....or chrome. I'm going to shoot for (no pun intended) 2 toning the gun...handle black, rest in chrome

#30 7 years ago

south_park_(resized).jpgsouth_park_(resized).jpg

baywatch_(resized).jpgbaywatch_(resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

Black is a great color - this is black pearl with metallic flake:

IMG_0910_(resized).JPGIMG_0910_(resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Teekee that looks awesome!

Thanks, I just wish someone was still doing black nickel plating. I bought a couple sets from Mike Chestnut years ago when he was still doing it. He plated the gun as well in black nickel. Looks even better in person!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thanks, I just wish someone was still doing black nickel plating. I bought a couple sets from Mike Chestnut years ago when he was still doing it. He plated the gun as well in black nickel. Looks even better in person!

Mike still does BN, just nothing big like side rails. I have him do all my guns.

#34 7 years ago

Any powder coated classic Bally/Sterns out there, or do most folks usually go stainless/chrome?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Mike still does BN, just nothing big like side rails. I have him do all my guns.

Good to know... just no legs and side rails correct? Its still worth getting shooters like IJ and DH done but I would love to have some full sets. It looks so good on many titles!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good to know... just no legs and side rails correct? Its still worth getting shooters like IJ and DH done but I would love to have some full sets. It looks so good on many titles!

correct. I still love the look on guns, but agree full sets would be nice.

#37 7 years ago

Here are a few of my father's machines that we restored and had powder coated. Sorry that Batman Forever pic is the only one I had that showed the true color of the powder coat....

Taxi_(resized).jpgTaxi_(resized).jpg

BF_(resized).jpgBF_(resized).jpg

JP_(resized).jpgJP_(resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

Wow some beautiful looking machines ...after seeing the pink on D/H i dont think the light purple would go.
Liking the 2 tone stuff alot....was going to do my Family guy all orange this week but might have to change that up now.
For my rollergames and alien poker it will be a 2 tone for sure.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Here are a few of my father's machines that we restored and had powder coated. Sorry that Batman Forever pic is the only one I had that showed the true color of the powder coat....

Sorry about drooling all over that Taxi.....let your dad know I will give him 1500.00 for it

#41 7 years ago

Some colors fit better than others... Yellow belongs on FG, very nice!

#42 7 years ago

If any of these games were available for sale and they were identical except for the powder coat vs original, which is worth more?

#43 7 years ago

Just curious if it is possible to spray paint the armor instead of powder coating. Has anyone tried?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Black is a great color - this is black pearl with metallic flake:

IMG_0910_(resized).JPG

Very nice! I'm getting ready to send my Twilight Zone armor out for powder. I'm going with gloss black, I think it looks great on this game.

#45 7 years ago

Yes the yellow does look good on family guy ....maybe ill try a 2 tone with yellow on mine

Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just curious if it is possible to spray paint the armor instead of powder coating. Has anyone tried?

I have heard of people painting and clear coating it....not sure how well this holds up but would like to hear if anyone has done it.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I'm going with gloss black, I think it looks great on this game.

Don't think you can go wrong with gloss black on any title... TZ especially looks good in black!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Yes the yellow does look good on family guy ....maybe ill try a 2 tone with yellow on mine

I have heard of people painting and clear coating it....not sure how well this holds up but would like to hear if anyone has done it.

Phoebe paints her games with automotive paint.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Don't think you can go wrong with gloss black on any title... TZ especially looks good in black!

I may be in the minority but I think if you are going to spend money powder coating you should do it with colors that really pop. I think the black is ok but it just looks like shiny black instead of standard flat black and is hard to notice in a lineup. That DH with black nickel looks really sharp but that is more of a chrome look which I really dig. I have seen some really cool TZ's done in white and blue that really pop and look fantastic.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I may be in the minority but I think if you are going to spend money powder coating you should do it with colors that really pop. I think the black is ok but it just looks like shiny black instead of standard flat black and is hard to notice in a lineup. That DH with black nickel looks really sharp but that is more of a chrome look which I really dig. I have seen some really cool TZ's done in white and blue that really pop and look fantastic.

Actually I'm probably more in the minority. I am not a big color fan for most titles. Especially the WPC stuff. I like black, maybe a dark blue on certain titles but the bright colors to me make most titles look 'cheap' if that's even the right word. Its all personal preference of course but I rarely see a bright color that I like. That yellow FG looks great though...

#50 7 years ago

Does it have to be powder coating?

I did the paint on my BOP myself if that counts. Candy metallic purple with a handful of layers of clear.

30e8a48c70e63a25bfa5a20c1ac2cbc8d3b13bfd_(resized).jpg30e8a48c70e63a25bfa5a20c1ac2cbc8d3b13bfd_(resized).jpg

99b3806e0850ea5cf8d7d66ae94b73ed1a7f67b6_(resized).jpg99b3806e0850ea5cf8d7d66ae94b73ed1a7f67b6_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.00
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 25.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.