4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 176 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191212_220432 (resized).jpg
20191212_220450 (resized).jpg
20191126_075224 (resized).jpg
20191126_075142 (resized).jpg
20191126_075115 (resized).jpg
20190808_214733 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181028-183040_Photos (resized).jpg
20181030_083305 (resized).jpg
20181030_083159 (resized).jpg
20181030_083144 (resized).jpg
20181030_083124 (resized).jpg
20181030_083044 (resized).jpg
20181030_083020 (resized).jpg
20170821_214905 (resized).jpg
20170821_214845 (resized).jpg
20170820_234531 (resized).jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I'll be starting a home theater build (budget build, I might add) soon. I'd like to see some sweet setups that will make me jealous but also give me ideas. I'll probably go the projector route because I think it makes more sense for my needs. Feel free to add an equipment list if you want or give suggestions on gear that you like/don't like. Let's see some sweet hi-fi action pics!

#2 4 years ago

I understand the JVC HT projectors are very good.

#3 4 years ago

I hope this thread blows up with pics of some great setups. I'm currently (slowly) finishing my basement top-to-bottom and would appreciate some ideas and motivation for the home theater setup. Let's see 'em!

#4 4 years ago

Here is a photo of mine. My screen is acoustically transparent with pro audio JVC speakers and a Danley DTS-10 subwoofer which is off the charts amazing. (The screen in this image is photoshopped...the room is fully light controlled and there is significant wash-out of the screen if the lights are actually up this high during viewing).

Also not shown is color changing LED light strip in the cove ceiling which is pretty cool to set the mood depending on what you're watching. For instance I put it on orange if I'm watching a Tennessee football game but will set it to blue if I'm doing yoga in there or listening to chill-out music or worship music.

theater.jpg

#5 4 years ago

Here are a few photos of ours. Room includes six ceiling mount and a center surround sound speaker. The projector is ceiling mounted and projects to a 120" screen. Our dish network is hooked up so we can also watch major sporting events through the projector. The Denon receiver is the key piece for quality sound. Our stadium style seating reclines and has built in butt kickers that are wired through the sub woofer for an "in the movie" feel. Some movie themed framed posters, sconce lighting that can be dimmed, a candy cabinet, neon lighting and a popcorn machine round out the movie experience.

PICT0216.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0218.jpg

PICT0219.jpg

PICT0220.jpg

PICT0221.jpg

PICT0222.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

#6 4 years ago

hey dave and volunteer, either of you want to adopt an Australian?

#7 4 years ago

HomeTheater_1.jpg

Details

http://www.xsvtoys.net/HomeTheater.html

#8 4 years ago

Fantastic room guys. Dave, I love everything about your room except the candy shelf. Only because I'm diabetic!

#9 4 years ago

Pins and Movies

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

#10 4 years ago

It's not super fancy but with 7 channels in the ceiling and an SVS PC-2000 in the corner it ain't bad.

20150820_204233.jpg

20150820_204200.jpg

#11 4 years ago

Built it myself in 56 days. Man was that a whirlwind. Took about 3 months to plan it. Did all my layouts and elevation drawings (including electrical plan) in Excel (to scale). Only way I could be sure it would all fit and work well. Built my screen and frame too. Specs and pics follow:

System:
 7.1 channel (8 speaker) Hi-Def 1080P surround sound
 110” diagonal screen 16:9 format and with backlighting
 Onkyo TX-SR876 THX Ultra Certified High Current HT Receiver
 Definitive Technologies Mythos One (left and right channels)
 Definitive Technologies Mythos Gem XL (4 units) surrounds
 Definitive Technologies Mythos Center Channel
 Sony PS3 Blu-Ray/Gaming/Media player
 Panasonic PTAE-4000U HD 1080P Projector
 Full ATS Acoustic wall treatment package
 Panamax 5400-EX Power conditioner
 Harmony 890 remote
 Harmony PS3 extender (Blueooth to RF)
 500’ feet (in-wall) Monster CiPro speaker cabling
 Universal RF remote
Lighting:
 Custom 4 bank dimmable lights
 Crown molding recess accent lights
 Remote dimmable can lighting
 Accent and security step lighting
 Flicker lighted wall sconces
 Equipment room night vision lighting
Design:
 Elevated dual level stage seating arrangement
 Berkline Motorized Theater 6 person seating
 Kitchenette with wet bar and refrigerator
 Dedicated “Brick Wall” lighting arrest
 Storage for DVD/Blurays in custom built columns
 Solid core doors for excellent sound control
 Installed chaseways for future equipment upgrades
 Hospital grade equipment supply outlets

theater_side.jpgTheater21_copy.jpgTheater_Wall.jpgIMG_0057.jpgIMG_0043.jpgIMG_0053.jpgIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0045.JPG

#12 4 years ago

Oh, and not listed on the equipment page. Twin SVS PB12 Plus (makes that concrete slab move a little)

#13 4 years ago

Wow. Y'all have some amazing setups! Has anyone had any experience with the Optoma HD 141x? From what I understand, it's apparently a great bang-for-your-buck projector. The BenQ w1070 is supposed to be a pretty close competitor. I don't really play a lot of games, but that doesn't mean I won't buy a PS4 at some point in the future. Is it worth sacrificing some lumens to get less input lag? I will typically be in a dark space, though I do plan on looking for a new home soon and won't know exactly what the space will look like.

#14 4 years ago

Fun thread, here's mine
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Built it myself in 56 days.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Fun thread, here's mine

Ha I love the Mummy movies. Brendan Frazier is perfect for very few things, but that role was certainly one of them.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

hey dave and volunteer, either of you want to adopt an Australian?

Sure, mate. As long as you keep the barbie goin' with some good eats.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Built it myself in 56 days. Man was that a Whirlwind. Took about 3 months to plan it. Did all my layouts and elevation drawings (including electrical plan) in Excel (to scale). Only way I could be sure it would all fit and work well. Built my screen and frame too. Specs and pics follow:
System:
 7.1 channel (8 speaker) Hi-Def 1080P surround sound
 110” diagonal screen 16:9 format and with backlighting
 Onkyo TX-SR876 THX Ultra Certified High Current HT Receiver
 Definitive Technologies Mythos One (left and right channels)
 Definitive Technologies Mythos Gem XL (4 units) surrounds
 Definitive Technologies Mythos Center Channel
 Sony PS3 Blu-Ray/Gaming/Media player
 Panasonic PTAE-4000U HD 1080P Projector
 Full ATS Acoustic wall treatment package
 Panamax 5400-EX Power conditioner
 Harmony 890 remote
 Harmony PS3 extender (Blueooth to RF)
 500’ feet (in-wall) Monster CiPro speaker cabling
 Universal RF remote
Lighting:
 Custom 4 bank dimmable lights
 Crown molding recess accent lights
 Remote dimmable can lighting
 Accent and security step lighting
 Flicker lighted wall sconces
 Equipment room night vision lighting
Design:
 Elevated dual level stage seating arrangement
 Berkline Motorized Theater 6 person seating
 Kitchenette with wet bar and refrigerator
 Dedicated “Brick Wall” lighting arrest
 Storage for DVD/Blurays in custom built columns
 Solid core doors for excellent sound control
 Installed chaseways for future equipment upgrades
 Hospital grade equipment supply outlets
theater_side.jpgTheater21_copy.jpg Theater_Wall.jpg IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0043.jpg IMG_0053.jpg IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0045.JPG

Beautiful, neighbor! I'm just around the corner from you off of Watt Road!

#19 4 years ago

You guys should invest in these ; DBOX seats. They really makes you be in the movie. Plus, you can Watch old movies that rumbles and like them again. Have these since 2008 and wouldn't let them go for anything.

IMGP0275.JPG

IMGP0374.JPG

IMGP0376.JPG

IMGP0372.JPG

#20 4 years ago

130 inch screen above the livingroom window.
Epson 3d 1080 p lcd beamer.
And 65 inch lcd tv for non 3d movies ( my wife is blind for one eye so she cant see 3d.

1440329706637-475401685.jpg

1440329737423-319687498.jpg

1440329857723-307319272.jpg

#21 4 years ago

ha.. that cat on the right seems to have eyes only for those fish.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

ha.. that cat on the right seems to have eyes only for those fish.

Not at all.

1440344468010-475401685.jpg

2 months later
#23 4 years ago

Anyone have anything new?

#24 4 years ago

While this isn't new - it's getting an upgrade soon....

4x Parasound jc1 (Class-a Monoblocks for L+R)
Parasound a51 (Center and Rear, and Future)
Parasound jc2
Integra DTC 9.8
PSAudio Pwdac mk2 w/ bridge
Oppo BDP83
Xilica XD8080 (Loudspeaker Management)
Nvidia Shield (Media Frontend w/ KODI & Various Streaming Services)

Legacy Audio MarquisHD (Center)
Legacy Audio Whisper HD (L+R)
M&K ss150 (Rears)
2x M&K mx350 (Subs)

IMG_1530.JPG

these are nearly done - and I should be taking delivery very soon.

IMG_1586.PNG

It all stores on this beast..... I can't overstate how good it is to have a truly massive filer to hold everything.

FullSizeRender.jpg

...perhaps I have a problem......

- and yes, I know I need a new tv

#25 4 years ago

Right now I'm deep in drywall repair as we prep for paint. We are turning all the white into flat black... the ceiling, trim, windows, doors & etc. Going with grey shag carpet & dark gray flat walls.

I'm going to use a Marijuana grow film called orca to block out the windows. Its white on one side, black on the other.

The PJ is an 8345. I've got some cheap Klipsch & Denon for the audio. I'm not an enthusiast, just a dude who wanted a big screen. This is a low cost setup but fun.

This is not a great pic, I'm saving those for the day it's complete

20151029_163512.jpg

#26 4 years ago

Heres my one. Very simple compared to some of these setups!

But I've found through experience ... the less links in the chain, the better everything works.

The KISS principle works well for everything in my experience... (keep it simple stupid!)

I have an
- Optima 1080p 3D projector (middle of the range model)
- 8ft wide screen
- Cambridge Audio components (made in the UK)
- Cambridge audio speakers and big ass sub

I had the seats custom made by a company here in NZ that makes all the seats for NZ cinema chains. I wanted real cinema chairs, not recliners (I used to sell those in my furniture store...) These seats are full commercial quality, with metal frames and commercial fabric. Cost about the same as chinese made cinema sofas.

Room is only 4.5m x 3.5m, so it gives you an idea of what you can do in a small space. It was originally the 5th bedroom in my house, but when we built it, I put wires in the walls, and sound insulation in the walls and ceilings to dull the noise to the other rooms. This setup pumps the sound (esp the bass) and the insulation does a sweet job of dulling it outside the room. The room has a window (so it can be converted back into a bedroom if someone wants to one day) but I have a blackout panel for it if we want to watch movies in the daytime (not fitted in these pics, the room is black when it is fitted)

So, very simple, but it all works together very nicely.

rd

HT (1).JPG
HT (2).JPG
HT (3).JPG
HT (4).JPG
IMG_8206.JPG

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have a projector in my game room w/a 120" screen
Right now I'm deep in drywall repair as we prep for paint. We are turning all the white into flat black... the ceiling, trim, windows, doors & etc. Going with grey shag carpet & dark gray flat walls.

Bonus marks for the Clockwork Orange print on the wall

rd

#28 4 years ago

Holy hell... before I clicked this I thought I was engulfed in amazingness with my 7.1 surround sound living room.

#29 4 years ago

Wow. I'm blown away by some of these setups. Some of y'all have enough sound power to piss off the neighbors... in the next city over.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Wow. I'm blown away by some of these setups. Some of y'all have enough sound power to piss off the neighbors... in the next city over.

Mine will get so loud it'll seriously hurt you - but that's not what i'm going for. All those power reserves provide control - SPL and quite a bit of heat just happen to be a byproduct. I had to run dedicated 20 amp ckts to deal with the inrush when the amps power on - I couldn't delay them enough to keep breakers from popping w/ 15 amp service.

#31 4 years ago

My theater is not as 'classy' as many of you have displayed. This was truly a home-grown project designed for men and kids. The women of the family find it lacking in aesthetics.

We live on a farm and I have a very large outbuilding (warehouse and offices) that I use for business about 50 yards from our home. Just a short walk out the front door across the blacktopped parking lot and basketball court. I sectioned off a part of my warehouse and turned it into the movie theater. I also turned two front rooms I had previously used as offices into a pinball room and a slot machine room. It took me one year to build the movie theater doing it all by myself. I can't recall the model number of my 3D projector, but it is an RCA and cost about $4,000 and does an outstanding job. I've got an abundance of speakers and surround sound. My family sings and plays music, so there is a small stage in front of the screen where we can perform and have Karaoke nights. You can see my grid in the ceiling with PAR cans for stage lighting.

I couldn't afford the fancy chairs and had an abundance of extra cushy chairs on the premises so we use them, although they don't 'match'. It doesn't matter to me as long as they are comfortable. It's a man thing! More than 15 people can watch comfortably. I have a refrigerator and a popcorn machine. Also, you will see my genuine lighted barber poll (doesn't everyone have one of these in their home movie theaters?), and a section of wood 'pipes' from the old 1895 organ that was removed from our church (sitting beside the electric piano/organ). Basically, I put in anything I could think of to decorate it wildly.

Our_Movie_Theater_015.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_020.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_037.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_038.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_046.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_047.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_051.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_055.jpg

#32 4 years ago

Second set of pictures.

Mike in Kentucky

Our_Movie_Theater_056.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_060.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_080.jpg

Our_Movie_Theater_085.jpg

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

y theater is not as 'classy' as many of you have displayed. This was truly a home-grown project designed for men and kids.

Man, that's what they're for! If it works well, and you use it, and people enjoy it, what more can anyone ask? Good work champ!

Just like pinball machines ... You don't need to spend big bucks to have a great time.

rd

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bonus marks for the Clockwork Orange print on the wall
rd

Not a print

1 of 8 hand painted pop art canvas

21545.jpg

1091028_4955659103181_1832397480_o.jpg

1446161882457-669635048.jpg

2 weeks later
#35 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Heres my one. Very simple compared to some of these setups!

But I've found through experience ... the less links in the chain, the better everything works.

It looks like you have a second row riser. Where is the entrance compared to the riser? I'm not seeing a door in the picture. I'm building my theater now (it's framed with the rest of the basement) and I'm trying to handle having to put a riser at the doorway. I've been wondering how other people handle a similar situation and wasn't sure if yours was the same way.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It looks like you have a second row riser. Where is the entrance compared to the riser? I'm not seeing a door in the picture. I'm building my theater now (it's framed with the rest of the basement) and I'm trying to handle having to put a riser at the doorway. I've been wondering how other people handle a similar situation and wasn't sure if yours was the same way.

The door is to the left of the riser. If you walk straight through the door, and straight ahead, you would walk up onto the riser.

When the door opens, there is 2" between the edge of the door and the riser. Made to the nearest inch

Me and Danni_nz made the riser from 2x10s and particle board flooring. I made sure the 2x10s were in the places where the theatre seats bolt to the floor (so the coach bolts have some timber to bite into)

rd

#37 4 years ago

Couple pics of my Star Wars theater. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#38 4 years ago

Couple more. Still working on it. Have a couple more lightsaber to hang. image.jpeg

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Couple more. Still working on it. Have a couple more lightsaber to hang. image.jpeg

Quite keen on Starwas then?

rd

#40 4 years ago

That looks great! Already have the Kylo Ren update I see.

1 week later
#41 4 years ago

Anyone else?

#42 4 years ago

I'd post pictures of mine, but it's just a framed room right now with some exposed electric and blue tape on the floor and walls for seating and screen layout.

Anyone around here an expert on screen seating distances? I found about 100 calculators and all of them give me a different number. I'd like 120" screen, but think I might be stuck with 110" if I want to go with 2.40. I could go bigger if I went with 1.78. I'm a big a action movie guy, so I'm leaning towards the 2.40.

#43 4 years ago

I suppose it depends really on your preference. You're right, there are 100 calculators online that will give you 100 different answers. I think it's mostly trial and error, though they may be able to point you in the right direction.

#44 4 years ago

One day I'll have a fancy home theater like guys... Although having some huge 900sqft basement or room for more games would be a priority when I move. For now my setup looks like this compared to you guys.

my_setup1.jpg

#45 4 years ago

But that looks like hella fun!

1 week later
#46 4 years ago

Hey you can play Smash Bros Melee on that Gamecube. You're ballin' bro.

2 months later
#47 4 years ago

Not mine but this is in a house down the street. One of my customers.

http://www.mcphersonmansion.us/entertaining/theater.html

Amazing house, 31000 sq ft, 14 hvac systems. Million dollar pool/ Lots of room for pinball games ..C'mon lottery

#48 4 years ago

All that money and doesn't even get some decent seats? The aisle down the center is also a mistake, imo.

1 month later
#49 4 years ago

I bet that guy could buy a lot of pins with all that money.

2 months later
#50 3 years ago

Who else out there? Surely someone has finished a theater recently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 45.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 189.99
$ 49.00
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 89.99
$ 63.50
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside