Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tekman
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

arcade_floor.jpg
    main_floor.jpg
    IMG_6853.JPG
    Nov10th07base 173.jpg
    floor.jpg
    DSC08559.JPG
    1finished.jpg
    1dricore.jpg
    1flooring.jpg
    2013-02-09 13.14.33.jpg
    basementfloors3d.jpg
    basementfloors3b.jpg
    basementfloors2.jpg
    basementfloors3c.jpg
    basementfloors1.jpg
    basementfloors3a.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I'm in the planning stages of building a new games room and need your flooring ideas!

#2 10 years ago

I'm doing up a garage renovation to make room for more pins (one car will still be housed), and I'm debating floor colors. Three walls and the ceiling will be silver, while an accent wall will be red (matches the car). I was going to do black and silver garage tiles, but I'm mulling over other color options like this

image-49.jpgimage-49.jpg

That said, in an interior room of a home, I'd want carpet or an anti-fatigue surface of some kind.

#3 10 years ago

What material is that? VCT?

#4 10 years ago

enjoy

image-300.jpgimage-300.jpg
    #5 10 years ago

Love my bl carpet, gives my room that old time arcade look. These pictures are with the white lights on. The last one is from the mfg. web site. The carpet has a 3/8in memory foam pad so it's just soft enough for your feet and firm enough for the pins feet with the Home Depot brand carpet sliders which in my opinion are the best on the market.LoneF-14.JPGLoneF-14.JPG

GR 3.JPGGR 3.JPG
    BL carpet.JPGBL carpet.JPG

#6 10 years ago

I have interlocking wood look foam flooring. It's soft and cushiony yet durable and looks like hard wood. It's the easiest thing to install too. It's a jigsaw puzzle pattern that you just press together. Plus, if you were to mess up a piece by ripping it or if it got excessively dirty, you just pull it out and install a new square in it's place and it's good as new again. They sell it in different wood colors too. Of course they also have it in a bunch of regular colors as well. Really cool.

Here's a link...

http://www.amazon.com/We-Sell-Mats-Interlocking-Flooring/dp/B003R2JATU/ref=sr_1_2

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

What material is that? VCT?

Garage floor tiles (made from PVC if I recall). I'm going to try the ones sold through Sam's Club, although I'll still add antifatigue mats in front of the pins I put in there. They are ideal for garage, porch, patio or even basement use. I would opt for the comfort of carpet in interior gameroom that isn't at risk of flooding though.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

I'm doing up a garage renovation to make room for more pins (one car will still be housed), and I'm debating floor colors. Three walls and the ceiling will be silver, while an accent wall will be red (matches the car). I was going to do black and silver garage tiles, but I'm mulling over other color options like this

That said, in an interior room of a home, I'd want carpet or an anti-fatigue surface of some kind.

image-49.jpg 436 KB

Looks good anointed. Going with RaceDeck or ? Hoping to do that in my garage as the U Coat It sucks as with weekly moppings it looked like crap after 3 years. Now nearly 10 years later it really looks like crap.

#9 10 years ago

I went with boring Mohawk quarter turn carpet squares as I got them free:

Basement Pics 15 NOV 2012 002.jpgBasement Pics 15 NOV 2012 002.jpg

#10 10 years ago

I might recommend a low pile or commercial grade carpet. Mine came from a movie theater.

287379155_WB96d-L.jpg287379155_WB96d-L.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I put this area rug in the Bally room. I like it, and it fit pretty good in the space I had...

Bally Room.jpgBally Room.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Hah! Brian Kelly's gameroom spotted, minus cheesepump .

You know one of the great things about this hobby? We enjoy each other's bragging. I came in this thread because I knew there would be dudes showing off their bad ass floors . And BAM! Look at all this coolness!

#13 10 years ago

^^^Wow I never thought about a black light area rug-great idea!

http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Carpets-Lights-Collection-Splatter/dp/B00A82NC1O/ref=sr_1_42

BLack Light Area Rug.jpgBLack Light Area Rug.jpg

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I might recommend a low pile or commercial grade carpet. Mine came from a movie theater.

287379155_WB96d-L.jpg 112 KB

Nice one. I'd be impressed if there was a home theatre through one of those doors.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I was a loser until I bought the cheese pump.

#16 10 years ago

1,800 square feet of 3' x 3' carpet tiles. It was free so that's what I went with. Oh did I mention it was FREE?

2013-03-02 12.41.18.jpg2013-03-02 12.41.18.jpg

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

You know one of the great things about this hobby? We enjoy each other's bragging. I came in this thread because I knew there would be dudes showing off their bad ass floors . And BAM! Look at all this coolness!

Is it because the title of this thread is "Show off your game room flooring" ?

#18 10 years ago

It was either this or carpeting...resale said this...
    personal1 (3).jpgpersonal1 (3).jpg

#19 10 years ago

I have painted concrete. Looks good, is durable and oh so cheap.

#20 10 years ago

Started in the basement with just concrete:

basementfloors1.jpgbasementfloors1.jpg

After we finished the basement, we installed Pergo. This made it really feel like a real room, and not just a basement:

basementfloors2.jpgbasementfloors2.jpg

After 2 floods, the Pergo was destroyed. After a lot of research, we went with Deck Tile (made by Snap Lock). Deck Tile is designed for wet areas like pool decks and stuff. It is all plastic, and if the basement floods, it won't affect it. We got an open weave design that will drain easily should we get more water.

It is a very durable product, and they were awesome to deal with. More expensive up front, but will last longer I believe. It is essentialy the same (made by the same company) as Race Deck garage flooring.

basementfloors3a.jpgbasementfloors3a.jpg

basementfloors3c.jpgbasementfloors3c.jpg

basementfloors3b.jpgbasementfloors3b.jpg

basementfloors3d.jpgbasementfloors3d.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Here you go...

2013-02-09 13.14.33.jpg2013-02-09 13.14.33.jpg
    #22 10 years ago

Cement floor base, Dricore subflooring panels, and then interlocking floating laminate. Installed flooring twice as basement flooded due to Sump pump tripping circuit. After that I changed out circuit, Sump pump, and added a battery backup sump. Don't want to install again, though installation was not that hard for a first-timer.

Pics are during construction so pardon the mess/dust (added a finished pic for you):

1dricore.jpg1dricore.jpg
    1flooring.jpg1flooring.jpg
    1finished.jpg1finished.jpg

#23 10 years ago

just don't do black & white checkered tile.

#24 10 years ago

Tile 4 color brick jointed pattern.

DSC08559.JPGDSC08559.JPG

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

just don't do black & white checkered tile.

Why the hell not? I think it looks badass.

floor.jpgfloor.jpg
    #26 10 years ago

3ft x 3ft carpet tiles
    Nov10th07base 173.jpgNov10th07base 173.jpg

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why the hell not? I think it looks badass.

floor.jpg 125 KB

I just don't like the look.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I just don't like the look.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sorry if I don't see how that is a helpful contribution to a "show off your flooring" thread.

I figured it reminded you of a certain retailer's ad photos, guess not. Unless that's why you don't like it!

#29 10 years ago

Well, yeah, I was thinking of his flooring in the for sale ads actually. And that's why I don't like it. haha

#30 10 years ago

IMG_6853.JPGIMG_6853.JPG

I picked up three zebra print rugs at Target and put them over the hardwood. The under cabinet LED on the T2 makes the carpet glow blue and I can change it to 4 other colors.

#31 10 years ago

Wow!! Awesome floors here guys! Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas.

Thinking about carpet for comfort. Did you carpet guys all go with a 3/8" underpad?

Also - where can I buy a cheese pump?

#32 10 years ago

Carpet squares here which as far as I know don't get under padding. I also went with Dricore but that's not much for cushioning as it is for me for keeping floor warmer.

#33 10 years ago

Definitely going with Dricore as a sub floor. Heard really good things about it making a big difference in floor temp.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Definitely going with Dricore as a sub floor. Heard really good things about it making a big difference in floor temp.

It's not a cure-all but it helps. It's easy to install and one person can do it by themselves. Not cheap either. Good luck.

#35 10 years ago

If water is not an issue, you may also want to look into Delta-FL as a subfloor. We had that under the pergo in our basement. Basically, it is the equivalent of the plastic that is in the bottom of Dri-Core. You can put laminate flooring directly over it, You ca put plywood over it too, and then carpet as well, but that is a bit more work.

We were going to go with Dri Core, but it was just too expensive.

http://www.cosella-dorken.com/bvf-ca-en/products/foundation_residential/floor/products/fl.php

For 900 square feet I think it was $490. Ours came from a distributor in Tennessee.

Chris

#36 10 years ago

Here's mine. The main area is concrete made to look like wood and the dedicated pinball area is fluorescent blacklight carpet. Not many people know that the Hulk green trim glows under a blacklight, even the apron.

main_floor.jpgmain_floor.jpg arcade_floor.jpgarcade_floor.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-games-room-flooring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.