(Topic ID: 161424)

Show me what you've done to "spruce up" the Bally Party Animal backbox

By drsfmd

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've spent the last week tinkering with my recent Craigslist pickup Animal House. It's playing nicely (aside from a handful of bulbs that won't work... covered in another thread), but the backbox is bothering me. With the plain, single incandescent bulb lighting the backbox, it's a little dull, and doesn't look party animal-ish. I was thinking about taking out the center bulb, and lighting with a string of Christmas bulbs... what have YOU done?

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I've spent the last week tinkering with my recent Craigslist pickup Animal House

#3 7 years ago

It will need the smells of beer, vomit and urine throughout the cabinet for authenticity. Also, throw a girl up on top of the glass for some 1 on 1 action to level it properly. When finished, have her toss the bra up around the backbox, leave the panties dangle off the shooter rod and definitely don't skimp on those Christmas lights. For good measure, eat some pizza when you play the next game so you can grease up the flipper buttons, throw the crust under the game and use the box as a welcome mat to stand on while playing. Skip the pingulp and stick a kegerator next to the game and keep the beer bong handy. Use beer can tabs for your key chains.

#4 7 years ago

best mods ever!

#5 7 years ago

Que?

Quoted from sevenrites:

It will need the smells of beer, vomit and urine throughout the cabinet for authenticity. Also, throw a girl up on top of the glass for some 1 on 1 action to level it properly. When finished, have her toss the bra up around the backbox, leave the panties dangle off the shooter rod and definitely don't skimp on those Christmas lights. For good measure, eat some pizza when you play the next game so you can grease up the flipper buttons, throw the crust under the game and use the box as a welcome mat to stand on while playing. Skip the pingulp and stick a kegerator next to the game and keep the beer bong handy. Use beer can tabs for your key chains.

Quoted from jorro:

best mods ever!

Hmmm... you guys may be on to something-- maybe those mods add a lot of extra value (given that folks in another thread are talking about the "value added" of mods that include things like stickers).

#6 7 years ago

Make a nice custom topper. Use 3 beer clear bottles on the left, put RGB leds behind them. Something generic and easily recognizable, like miller high life. Hang a bra off the side. Make a small sign that says "Party Animal" and light that up. The sign could be cut from acrylic and under lit. All mounted to a wooden base.

4 months later
#7 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Make a nice custom topper. Use 3 beer clear bottles on the left, put RGB leds behind them. Something generic and easily recognizable, like miller high life. Hang a bra off the side. Make a small sign that says "Party Animal" and light that up. The sign could be cut from acrylic and under lit. All mounted to a wooden base.

Nice Idea....I might do this.

2 months later
#8 7 years ago

Reviving this one to show you what I came up with. I removed the single incandescent bulb, and replaced it with a cheap string of color changing LEDs. I think it looks a lot better, and it's easily reversible.

EDIT: Crap. Pinside converts my animated gif to a PNG. Nevermind.

#9 7 years ago

Party on dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-me-what-youve-done-to-spruce-up-the-bally-party-animal-backbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.