DSC_1790.JPG
HS2.jpg
image-871.jpg
image-731.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20150227_192830428.jpg
DSCN1910.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I've just finished shopping and replacing all bulbs with LEDs. I used white frosted on all the GI except for the greener plastics on either side of the playfield. Not sure I'm super excited about it as the green becomes a rather dominant color. I'm curious to see pics of others getaways in all LEDs and what color schemes you used or if you went all white.

Also, I have 4 of the comet pinball LED strips (7 LEDs per strip) and I'm looking for ideas where to incorporate them. I know some have used on the U turn ramp in the upper left playfield but how does the ball not hit them as it goes around?

Anyway, I'm interest in pics, lots of pics of color schemes and such. Sorry I forgot to take pics of mine last night so I don't have my own yet

Thanks

#2 9 years ago
DSCN1910.JPGDSCN1910.JPG
#3 9 years ago

so you got the green on the sides going on as well. Heres mine. I'm warming up to it I guess.

IMG_20150227_192830428.jpgIMG_20150227_192830428.jpg
#4 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-731.jpgimage-731.jpg image-871.jpgimage-871.jpg
#5 9 years ago

dtown - so your mostly white on the GI lighting?

#6 9 years ago

I generally prefer white for GI, even under plastics. It's all up to you of course; do whatever you think looks coolest.

#7 9 years ago

Mostly cool whites here, some red and yellow led strips at the back.
HS2.jpgHS2.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Holy shit that looks great and super bright! You have LED strips under the RPM plastics by the flippers as well as in the back area? I see you have some additional spotlights as well. Very nice

How did you end up connecting the LED strips? Alligator clips?

#9 9 years ago

Thanks, some of the ideas came from MustangPaul's thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-getaway-lighting-mod
You can't see in the picture but also have red star posts with leds.
Using a pc power supply tucked in the cab, so not taxing the system.

#10 9 years ago

Beautiful pins! Gotta do more leds on mine!!

Currently have partial leds under the playfield, and backbox is still regular bulbs.

#11 9 years ago

When I get my GI issues figured out on mine I'm installing those LED strips. I have 4 in house. 2 for the turbo boost plastics, one for the back road, and one TBD. Somehow I didnt see that MustangPaul thread. Good info there. Thanks

#12 9 years ago

Here is mine - 100% leds from comet. I put 1 smd frosted non-ghost bulbs in inserts and 2 smd frosted in gi. Flashers are a mix but 5 smd towers in gi. Hard to get a good picture but colors are very vibrant. Looks amazing when all the flashers go off. I love colors but the red/green does flatten some of the artwork. Might change that later. I also need to add some light strips to the back - way to dark back there. I did add light strips to the gauges just like MustangPaul - a must imo. I have so much more fun playing the game with the leds - much more satisfying and enjoyable.

DSC_1790.JPGDSC_1790.JPG
#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

dtown - so your mostly white on the GI lighting?

Yes. Warm whites under the slings and any plastic that doesn't have green directly above where the light is mounted. Green LEDs in those cases. I added a light under the tunnel kickout and one way back in the left hand corner under that tiny green plastic.

#14 9 years ago

I just installed LED, for inserts and backbox. I still have to do the PF GI. I stopped when I realized how much less accessible GI is with modern pinballs, everything is buried 5 layers down under ramps and plastics. What do you guys find is the easier way to replace GI? Strip down the PF, or start removing sockets from under the PF? I'm assuming the latter, but haven't tried either yet.

#15 9 years ago

Here's one I did with Comet Optix Max.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I just installed LED, for inserts and backbox. I still have to do the PF GI. I stopped when I realized how much less accessible GI is with modern pinballs, everything is buried 5 layers down under ramps and plastics. What do you guys find is the easier way to replace GI? Strip down the PF, or start removing sockets from under the PF? I'm assuming the latter, but haven't tried either yet.

Under the pf for sure. Some have twist sockets, others you can bend the metal to access, and others are just held be a single screw. A few of the screws are a little difficult to work with because of their location but not that difficult. Just make sure you have the power off when working under there.

#17 9 years ago

Need more light

image.jpgimage.jpg
#18 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-731.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-871.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Great photos, dtown!

#19 9 years ago

I got my GI in, color matched for inserts, but just white for GI. Pretty easy from under the PF, per my question and the response above.
IMG_20150301_235403111.jpgIMG_20150301_235403111.jpg

For some reason, I now have 8 lights stuck on permanently. I guess I'll be reading the manual for bed reading now.

#20 9 years ago

Nice pics guys. Spitfiren....is the purple all coming from the spotlights....how did u connect the spotlights?

What are the comet optix max? Just brighter?

#21 9 years ago

Purple photographs most predominately, so they could be in regular GI sockets or spots.
Op-Max, are the brightest diffused bulb made...over 300 degree lighting angle, 3 times the brightness
of an incandescent. For some too bright....But a little getting use to, and then you are hooked.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax.htm

Art

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake49:

Nice pics guys. Spitfiren....is the purple all coming from the spotlights....how did u connect the spotlights?
What are the comet optix max? Just brighter?

Yes i used 4 spotlights with purple. You can buy spotlights from pinballlife and just clip them to a GI socket under the PF. I highly recommend Art's bulbs, pick some up and play with a few. Get some 6.3v strips as well, super versitile product!

#23 9 years ago

Everyone has put their own spin on on LED's, one difference with mine is at the slingshots I put red and blue LED's. You don't notice the colors until you get multiball and they are the only lights blinking on the playfield along with the topper....

20150302_181854.jpg20150302_181854.jpg
#24 9 years ago

well thats a cool idea. Maybe I'll try that sometime to see what it looks like in person

#25 9 years ago

Great idea, Rick! I bet that does look awesome when flashing. I might try that myself, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.50
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-me-pics-of-your-getaway-hs2-in-all-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.