My first rotisserie was rather weak and flimsy so I took another crack it it.
It is sloppy, and loose, but solid. I wanted it to flex to keep the play field from getting in any kind of bind.
It cost me a couple of 2 x 3 boards, some deck screws, and two wooden wheels from Home Depot; The wheels were $15.00 each, so about $40.00 for the complete build.
The problem with my first rotisserie was that, because of the play field clamps, I would have to remove the play field to be able to install the back wooden rail and also install the ball launcher parts.
I sat this up with outriggers so I can assemble the play field 100% complete before I remove the play field from the rotisserie.
The wooden wheels pivot on some broomstick I salvaged.
I had drill some locking holes in the wheels and my cross brace so I can pin the play field into any angle that I want to work with .
Locating and locking the play field to the rotisserie is accomplished by using the 2 large tooling holes the factory used for what ever purpose.
The play field is locked down with some small pieces of wood I cut for the purpose.
The cardboard acts as a spacer and as a form of dry lubricant.
I need to remake the wooden clamps to allow for the crosswise wooden rail to fit into position.
By using the factory tooling holes I was able to make some open space on both ends of the play field. This will allow me to install everything before removing the play field. This is something that cannot be down with the play field being clamp to a cross bar.
I have this rotisserie mounted on a table top. When I am done, it will break down and sit in a corner somewhere out of the way.
It is ugly. I threw it together. It is sloppy and loose; By design. It is loose with no chance of putting the play field in a bind as I rotate it.
While it is ugly, it works quite well. And it is solid as a rock and swings freely. I could make it again and make it pretty but will probably not mess with that.