4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hawk007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

I500 after cliffy.jpg
    I500 before cliffy.jpg

#1 4 years ago

It's a pattern now....get a game, then order the Cliffy protectors. I just placed an order last night, then made a p.i.t.a. out of myself by adding more to it. Cliffy has consistently been crazy fast at responding to emails and shipping his product. He is a huge asset to the hobby, providing something that I have come to turn to on almost every game. Colored post sleeves have taken over for me too
    Thanks, Cliffy- your customer service and useful stuff is much appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

Cliffy is indeed quite the asset to our hobby. Every single machine I own has multiple items made by Cliffy (protectors and post sleeves).

#3 4 years ago

Huge thumbs up from me. His post covers are second to none and hold up well on location games.

#4 4 years ago

I agree also,he is a huge asset.
    Buy a game,add all the Cliffy stuff.

#5 4 years ago

+1000

Cliff is da man!

#6 4 years ago

ive also bugged Cliffy on some ID4 protector lovin'.... hes on it..

great guy.. its people like this, that make it a super hobby to be a part of.

#7 4 years ago

Fast, friendly, and high quality. I'm shocked when I buy games that aren't fully cliffy'd, but it never takes long to remedy that!

#8 4 years ago

Had a similar experience just recently. I know he is overwhelmed with orders, both a blessing and a curse. Yet he filled my order quickly, and took time to exchange a few friendly emails. Great all around guy, excellent product.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

great guy.. its people like this, that make it a super hobby to be a part of.

We need people like Cliff to help negate the JPops and Kevin Kuleks ...

#10 4 years ago

Can somebody post a video or describe in detail what a cliffy does? Thanks

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Can somebody post a video or describe in detail what a cliffy does? Thanks

http://passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

A Cliffy is a thin piece of metal that is designed to protect a specific area of a pinball machine or hide existing wear. They are custom fabricated to fit specific machines. For example, the first picture shows the typical wear at the turbo VUK on I500. The second photo shows the area after installing the Cliffy. They are called "Cliffys" because the guy who makes them is named Cliff.

I500 before cliffy.jpg
    I500 after cliffy.jpg

#12 4 years ago

Order enough stuff and get a free shirt! Cliff is great!

#13 4 years ago

When I got my Dredd it had a ramp protector on it that I assumed was oem. I referred to it as a "Factory Cliffy" until I found out he made it.

#14 4 years ago

Cliffy= good guy

#15 4 years ago

I do wish he'd set up a checkout cart system on his website I like to spontaneously order

// Error: Image 417969 not found // // Error: Image 417970 not found //
    #16 4 years ago

cliffy > mantis

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I do wish he'd set up a checkout cart system on his website I like to spontaneously order

Cliff is busy as it is. I think having to fill a bunch of orders rather than filtering them through his available time might kill the guy!

#18 4 years ago

Every game needs Cliffy's eh. Awesome guy...awesome products.

#19 4 years ago

Ohh ok.... I'll have to order some. I know Funhouse would take one... Does T2?

I ordered & received all red post protectors for my T2 & matching one's for the Funhouse. The wife & I will be installing them this wknd.

#20 4 years ago

Cliffs a cool cat for sure. It's great to have a way to prevent playfield wear on the pins we love so much! So easy for negativity to take over a forum it's refreshing to hear some positive words. Thanks for the post.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

http://passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm
    A Cliffy is a thin piece of metal that is designed to protect a specific area of a pinball machine or hide existing wear. They are custom fabricated to fit specific machines. For example, the first picture shows the typical wear at the turbo VUK on I500. The second photo shows the area after installing the Cliffy. They are called "Cliffys" because the guy who makes them is named Cliff.
    I500 before cliffy.jpg I500 after cliffy.jpg

not only those, but his colored sleeves are cool too, and add a nice touch to games. get rid of the generic black worn ones.

#22 4 years ago

It's cool to see threads like this, I'm lucky to call Cliffy my friend and I think his success is well deserved. He works really hard to turn out a quality product for us collectors.

Steve

#23 4 years ago

I just emailed him. Got a response in like 5 minutes. Dam good service.

#24 4 years ago

Yep,just placed an order for 5 games.
    He is super busy right now.

He is on it though

#25 4 years ago

+1 cliff rocks!

#26 4 years ago

I've shouted out to Cliffy so many times I've lost my voice! ; )

Once again,thanks for all you do for the hobby and as a human being.

#27 4 years ago

Cliffy, Cliffy, he's our man,
    If he can't do it, no one can!
    Attaboy laddie!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#28 4 years ago

+1 for Cliffy! I have Cliffy's on all my games. Great products and great service, that's hard to find these days.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I just emailed him. Got a response in like 5 minutes. Dam good service.

Hmmm, I sent an e-mail 4 days ago and a and PM 2 days ago without a response. Am I missing the secret handshake? Waiting to start my WCS teardown and looking to get the protector set.

I'll wait another day or two in case he's backlogged I guess.

#30 4 years ago

I didnt know any secret handshake and he responded to my first email in an hour.
    He said yes, he had the item but was out of town for a pinball show so it might be a few days. I then got an invoice that was sent at 1am and then the part a few days later. Very pleased with the level of service

#31 4 years ago

I just called him to let him know he may have missed you Mike, had to leave a message. I know he's heavily backlogged at the moment.

Steve

Quoted from VegasMike:

Hmmm, I sent an e-mail 4 days ago and a and PM 2 days ago without a response. Am I missing the secret handshake? Waiting to start my WCS teardown and looking to get the protector set.
    I'll wait another day or two in case he's backlogged I guess.

#32 4 years ago

Thanks for the help - he e-mailed me a few minutes ago. All set!

#33 4 years ago

Cliffy is the patron saint of playfield preservation.

#34 4 years ago

My name is Mike, and I'm a Cliffaholic.

#35 4 years ago

I placed another order today and let him know about this thread. Maybe there will be a Cliff sighting on pinside!

#36 4 years ago

Terrific service from a great guy. Should be in the Pinball Hall of Fame.

#37 4 years ago

Amen. Fellow Cliffy addict.

#38 4 years ago

Yep ive ordered for every pin thats passed threw my place .great product and awesome guy

#39 4 years ago

Need the Cliffys done for Americas Most Haunted!!! I saw at the showdown this past month some wear on their sample game hole(obviously been played to death but still). I know KT indicated they were working on it with him but I'd hate to see people's games get damaged without them.

#40 4 years ago

You guys are too much, I'm blushin'! I do apologize for getting in so deep that I'm not able to make and ship same day like I used to but I am catching up.
    Bryan, as for AMH I can say I *just* bought a playfield from Charlie and it arrived a couple days ago so yeah, I'm on it SOF ramp pros first, KISS scoop in cutting now and a couple others in drawing stage.

I sincerely appreciate the shout out. It really keeps me energized! I'm blessed to have some very talented and helpful friends in this hobby and one of these days I'll give a shout out to each one. For now the biggest shout out I can give is to Robin for creating this forum so many years ago. I felt honored when he asked me to join up back in 2004 and I'm even more proud of him today for having kept this place going in such a positive direction. Three cheers for Robin and huge thanks to all of you guys and dolls!

#41 4 years ago

Cliff does rule, great stuff!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

You guys are too much, I'm blushin'! I do apologize for getting in so deep that I'm not able to make and ship same day like I used to but I am catching up.
    Bryan, as for AMH I can say I *just* bought a playfield from Charlie and it arrived a couple days ago so yeah, I'm on it SOF ramp pros first, KISS scoop in cutting now and a couple others in drawing stage.
    I sincerely appreciate the shout out. It really keeps me energized! I'm blessed to have some very talented and helpful friends in this hobby and one of these days I'll give a shout out to each one. For now the biggest shout out I can give is to Robin for creating this forum so many years ago. I felt honored when he asked me to join up back in 2004 and I'm even more proud of him today for having kept this place going in such a positive direction. Three cheers for Robin and huge thanks to all of you guys and dolls!

Oh, crap! You just reminded me I have to send you a payment!

#43 4 years ago

Cliff rocks! I have Cliffys on every game that I own.

#44 4 years ago

That Cliffy. So hot right now. I buy everything he has for every game I ever get. Never a dollar better spent. And as a bonus he is also awesome!!
    Kudos and thanks Cliffy for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 60.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside