(Topic ID: 136664)

Shoutout to Casa de Carlos in Chatsworth, CA

By zsciaeount

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

At the suggestion of several Pinsiders, I stopped by Casa de Carlos today to have some lunch and check out the machines. Very impressed. It's pretty much all Sterns, except for a WOZ 75th. Great lineup, including Spider-Man, Star Trek, AC/DC, and a brand new KISS LE. I think what's most impressive is that many of the games are either LEs or modded pros... not the kind of stuff you usually see on location.

All played well, and are well-maintained to boot.

Had a chance to talk with the owner, Juan, and his son. They were extremely nice, and it was a lot of fun talking pinball with them. This is really one of the best locations I've seen west of Tim Arnold's place. I highly recommend checking it out!

#2 8 years ago

Right on. Thanks for the write up. I need to check this place out.

#3 8 years ago

Great place.

#4 8 years ago

I finally visited last week. Super nice and friendly! Great assortment. Well worth the drive.

2 months later
    #5 8 years ago

I came here this afternoon and had a great time. I met Juan, and he was very friendly. He mentioned that they have Pinball Happy Hour on Wednesday nights (8:00-10:00) and Saturday nights (10:00-12:00?), where they set most of the games for free play. I'll definitely be back!

#6 8 years ago

Great place and I'll keep going back, but it's time for a little maintenance. As of a few days ago Walking Dead had an issue with playfield lights constantly strobing, Kiss was way unbalanced, and Star Trek had a serious problem with the left flipper staying up until the right flipper was used. On a positive note, the Wizard of Oz is the kindest I've ever played.

5 months later
    #7 7 years ago

I dropped in today for the first time in a while and also got a chance to chat with the owner. Really nice guy. Fun to talk a little pinball. Games are all nice. Definitely worth the stop. Plus I got to throw up a grand champion and #1 high score on Metallica on consecutive games, making the visit even more fun...

3 weeks later
    #8 7 years ago

Bummer, place is closing permanently May 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shoutout-to-casa-de-carlos-in-chatsworth-ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.