Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Just wanted to express to everyone how great of a guy JIM Knight is to deal with at Rottendog. Not only has he developed some amazing products that have resurrected thousands of machines that we can all enjoy from the past again but he goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service. Problem with one of his boards, he's always there to help,with solutions or in my case, sent out a board to him, fixed it and sent it back fixed and working perfect. No charge, no billing statement, nothing. At shows, he's always helping out as well. Thanks Jim, your a true asset to this hobby!

#2 9 years ago

That's great. But I sent him an email describing a design issue with a rottendog power board and got no response. I ended up starting a thread here about it.

#3 9 years ago

He should be thanking you for testing his board for him!

#4 9 years ago

I agree jim is great. same here sent board to him because my 5volt reg went out and burned up the rottendog mpu. he fixed it and sent it back no charge. I also agree with the email thing , I have emailed him before and got no response so I had to call him. but no big deal, he was there one way or another. not many companies have customer service like jim .

#5 9 years ago

Ill give a shout out! just because his boards have & continue to fix so many pins including one Black rose that I am particularly fond of

#6 9 years ago

I had a switch matrix problem with a rottendog board and Jim fixed it quick for me. He also sent me a few chips just in case the problem was on the playfield. Great guy IMHO.

#7 9 years ago

Note that all positive feedback is instigated by product failure.

Hmmmm......

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Note that all positive feedback is instigated by product failure.
    Hmmmm......

Most products fail. Please see every thread on pinside.

#9 9 years ago

I have all Rottondog boards in my Blackout and Flash, I wish he would work up another batch of displays for Taxi.

#10 9 years ago

He's simply a great person and a credit to the hobby. There was a lot of trash talk about his power board couple of years back but I never had anything of his fail...great prices, fantastic support and an outstanding individual...recently I heard he sold his biz, too bad I'm going to miss the man behind the brand.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

He's simply a great person and a credit to the hobby. There was a lot of trash talk about his power board couple of years back but I never had anything of his fail...great prices, fantastic support and an outstanding individual...recently I heard he sold his biz, too bad I'm going to miss the man behind the brand.

WHAT ??????????????? really ? can someone confirm ? I hope they continue the great service

#12 9 years ago

Sold the business and retired to Florida several months ago. Still dont know who bought the company and what there plans are for it. The boards are drying up though, I can tell you that.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

The boards are drying up though, I can tell you that.

I have a couple games with Rottnedog boards in them. They have ben solid, no issues. Unavailable would be bad news.

#14 9 years ago

Everytime I go to the Allentown show, I make a point to buy something from their booth, and shoot the breeze with him,
    His products really have been a credit to the hobby, many times it has been like pushing the ''easy'' button.
    I recently bought a pin that came with a Rottendog driver, it was missing certain sounds in game, so I asked him to look at it and he sent back a new one- no charge.

Really hope the products don't dry up

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sold the business and retired to Florida several months ago. Still dont know who bought the company and what there plans are for it. The boards are drying up though, I can tell you that.

It looks like he is still in business, but has only moved to FL. looking at his web site.
    http://www.rottendog.us/

#16 9 years ago

Interesting. When I spoke to him a few months back he said he was getting out of the business. I was trying to arrange to get some boards at Allentown, but he wasn't planning on going.

The updated address on his site gives some hope that he's keeping up the business!

1 month later
    #17 9 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Most products fail. Please see every thread on pinside.

I bet a lot of product failure is because of user installation .

1 week later
    #18 9 years ago
    Quoted from boydsc331:

I bet a lot of product failure is because of user installation .

Honestly, I doubt it. It's super easy to install data east flipper boards for example or data east power boards. I've never seen a working rottendog flipper board. I've tried four times over the years and always ended up just fixing the stock board. I started a thread on rittendig and the data east power board unreg vs reg 12v being backwards. The WPC power boards work great - as long as you do t put them in TZ or sttng.

Rittendig is a good company. I will continue to buy their products if they're still around. But there are a lot of failures and I doubt it's user error.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shout-out-to-jim-knight-at-rottendog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.