(Topic ID: 227940)

Shout out thanks to Pin-Port Robert at Expo. Keep Creating!!

By Yelobird

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mayboyz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1133 (resized).jpg
IMG_1097 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Just a general shout out and Thank You to Robert May on Pin-Port at Expo. A simple mod yet very well done to make pinball just a little bit more enjoyable. No glowing LED's or spinning disks just a simple solution to update your games without much effort. The primary reason for the shout out is not the product but more so the individual selling them. Robert is a young entrepreneur that enjoys sharing pinball with his dad. He worked on this product with his dad and ventured out to sit in a booth at a Very Long pinball show hustling to show off his creation to anyone that walked up. Add to that he helped Mr LTG at his seminars and back to work the booth again. SO great to see youth and pinball interest willing to put in some hard work to earn an opportunity. His father is and should be proud. Note that I was in NO way asked to endorse or comment on the product I simply found the product and effort very well done and inspirational. I wish Robert and his father much success. Granted they already have that working together! Below are a few photos of my 5 minute install of Pin-Port on my Deadpool pin. Looks great and I am pleased to know I supported an ambitious young man in his future as a Creator! Hell, he had to sit and listen to Lloyd for 4 days he must be a Saint!!!! lol

IMG_1097 (resized).jpgIMG_1133 (resized).jpg
#3 6 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

What does the mod do?

Sorry guess I should have explained it but didn't want to come off as an infomercial just wanted to point out a young man trying to earn his name in pinball. Basically its a USB relocation extension that factory mounts to the front of most Stern games. To do a software update on a Stern you need to open the coin door, get the back box key, pull the speaker panel, remove the translite, plug in the USB stick, update, then put it all back together while squeezed between other games. With this simple mod you simply plug the USB stick into the front of the machine and done. YES, before anyone jumps on Robert its not an end of world problem to solve and sure you could make one similar but the effort and low cost he sells them for was well worth it to me. I appreciate people making an effort for an honest dollar. Looks clean and factory. We like it. His site is www.Pin-Port.com You can ask him to have #LTG autograph it for you then its a collectable! lol

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

What does the mod do?

It an extension to the USB update port on the back box CPU board to the front of the game cabinet. With this installed you dont need to remove the glass to do a code update. A brilliant idea and well made mod for a very reasonable price. I got a chance to talk with him expo and he's a great kid. I wish I was as smart as Robert when I was his age. I hope he sells a ton of them.

#5 6 months ago

Whoops looks like I was a minute late. I type slow.

#6 6 months ago

Robert is an amazing young man. I introduced him a couple Expos ago at my seminar and told the audience to remember his name. They will be seeing more of it in the future.

https://pin-port.com/

LTG : )

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Robert is an amazing young man. I introduced him a couple Expos ago at my seminar and told the audience to remember his name. They will be seeing more of it in the future.
https://pin-port.com/
LTG : )

He put up with you for 4 days he is Clearly a Saint!!! lol He certainly left Expo with a new vocabulary!

#8 6 months ago

They are a great couple of guys. I had the privilege of speaking to them at expo. Even though I told them I only had old machines they went through the product and explained everything. It takes strength to go through something after being told there’s no chance of a sale. When I do get a newer stern, I will buy from them.

#9 6 months ago

I am speechless. Never in my wildest imaginations would I have expected to see a thread like this when I signed into Pinside. PinPort is a solution to a problem I personally had and I felt it was important to share this tool with my fellow pinball lovers.

@Yelobird, thank you for taking a chance on my mod and for your kind words. You are a great person and it was wonderful to meet both you and your wife. You have provided so much vision and imagination to pinball through your mods and it is an honor for me to have my own mod be recognized by someone with your distinguished presence in the pinball community.

@Docquest, thank you for kind words. The things you create are the perfect finishing touches for each machine, and your willingness to help when people have issues shows how much you care about pinball and the community that revolves around it.

@LTG is a very good friend and person. I am more thankful than he will every know for his help an guidance in bringing PinPort into the marketplace.

A show of support like this gives me the reassurance I need to further my efforts and I can guarantee that there is more to come from PinPort so stay tuned because this is only the beginning.

#10 6 months ago

Very cool mod! I somehow missed this at Expo. I assume this is just for Spike games, since on SAM games you would have to open the backbox anyway to flip the DIP switch?

#11 6 months ago

Yes, for right now PinPort is only compatible with Stern spike systems.

#12 6 months ago

This is a great mod if you have a backbox mod, which you have to remove to insert the usb stick. Doing it at the front of the cabinet makes life easier. Once game code is completed for a game, you can move the pin port to another game.

#13 6 months ago

Bump

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Muskegon, MI
$ 399.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside