Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sarge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBC13CD3-0F77-4F04-AEEA-B10DAB6E657A (resized).jpeg
    213BDA6E-455E-4F9B-ACF3-3A28F7A2C8E6 (resized).jpeg
    8ED599FE-6971-4396-B78F-BC1A2D263DCA (resized).jpeg
    louise (resized).jpg
    A1709F56-E503-48EF-AAA6-A896FADE89AC (resized).jpeg
    FA8EF170-4CD0-4281-AE1D-CA1FCCADE19A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1328 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1315 (resized).JPG
    20171109_004954 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Not me...
    Taking a much needed day off to start getting the game room ready for a long chilly winter

20171109_004954 (resized).jpg20171109_004954 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Yes. I should be. But it is almost lunch time. Surfing, catching up on Pinside at work is Fun.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Yes. I should be. But it is almost lunch time.

"Get yoself a hawt dawg" - Rudy

#4 6 years ago

My job involves sitting at a computer all day waiting for shit to break. So, lots of time to talk shit about pinball!

#5 6 years ago

I am working.

8ED599FE-6971-4396-B78F-BC1A2D263DCA (resized).jpeg8ED599FE-6971-4396-B78F-BC1A2D263DCA (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

Nope, not today.

IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPG

IMG_1328 (resized).JPGIMG_1328 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

Nope!! Just started my 7 days off. 7 ON, 7 OFF schedule!!

#8 6 years ago

Definitely not! I’ll take hiking in a volcano and watching a beach sunset instead.

FA8EF170-4CD0-4281-AE1D-CA1FCCADE19A (resized).jpegFA8EF170-4CD0-4281-AE1D-CA1FCCADE19A (resized).jpeg

A1709F56-E503-48EF-AAA6-A896FADE89AC (resized).jpegA1709F56-E503-48EF-AAA6-A896FADE89AC (resized).jpeg

#9 6 years ago

I'm in the wrong line of work
    Driving a big truck 6 days a week with you 4 wheelers is not all it's cracked up to be..snow right around the corner..ugh
    -Mike

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I am working.

Both hands on the wheel please!

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'm in the wrong line of work
    Driving a big truck 6 days a week with you 4 wheelers is not all it's cracked up to be..snow right around the corner..ugh
    -Mike

Same goes for you!
    Stop pinsideing and driving LOL

#11 6 years ago

Funny Sarge, that's what your bosses used to constantly say to me.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

Same goes for you!
    Stop pinsideing and driving LOL

If you only knew what I see sitting up in my Mack!!! If I got just 1 dollar for each person on Facebook while driving I wouldn't need a job,that's no B.S.
    -Mike

#13 6 years ago

Is there a mile high Pinball Club??

#14 6 years ago

I'm literally watching this at work...when I saw this thread.....

#15 6 years ago

Oh please, I hope so Darcy!! Haha.

Totally agree with Griz too, driving is scary stuff.

213BDA6E-455E-4F9B-ACF3-3A28F7A2C8E6 (resized).jpeg213BDA6E-455E-4F9B-ACF3-3A28F7A2C8E6 (resized).jpeg

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Oh please, I hope so Darcy!! Haha.
    Totally agree with Griz too, driving is scary stuff.

Especially in Van Nuys

#18 6 years ago

I am! In the middle of a very important meeting with Louise, our creative director.

louise (resized).jpglouise (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If you only knew what I see sitting up in my Mack!!! If I got just 1 dollar for each person on Facebook while driving I wouldn't need a job,that's no B.S.
    -Mike

Driving a tractor trailer seems like a carefree life. Must be fun!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Driving a tractor trailer seems like a carefree life. Must be fun!

It could be..between answering to about 8 different people that only sit 4 feet apart from each other and can't be on the same page! Usdot trying very hard to make company drivers responsible for road worthiness of a truck that I don't own and let's not talk about how impossible it is to be on the road with uneducated drivers that can't even use directionals or always have to race in front of me to jamb on their brakes to exit off highway.
    I could go on...rant over.
    -Mike

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I am working.

Had kind of figured that the original photo you posted could cause a problem, if someone at your employment had also noticed that photo.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

It could be..between answering to about 8 different people that only sit 4 feet apart from each other and can't be on the same page! Usdot trying very hard to make company drivers responsible for road worthiness of a truck that I don't own and let's not talk about how impossible it is to be on the road with uneducated drivers that can't even use directionals or always have to race in front of me to jamb on their brakes to exit off highway.
    I could go on...rant over.
    -Mike

You must love the idea of ELD's......
    Like a driver that uses two log books, just have two apps on two different phones..

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You must love the idea of ELD's......
    Like a driver that uses two log books, just have two apps on two different phones..

I have been using an electronic log for 4 yrs now. It's my understanding that the units to be used must be bolted to the vehicle and gps enabled like the one I use now. The idea of using an ipad or phone will not go with the usdot guidelines.
    A friend of mine has been using an ipad with app and DOT has already told him no way they will let that fly. That's up here in northeast.
    I like using the electronic log as you can no longer work me past 14 hrs day/70hrs wk.
    My brain is pretty done around 12 hrs, I think after that mistakes get made and with doing tanker haz-mat it can get ugly fast.
    -Mike

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I have been using an electronic log for 4 yrs now. It's my understanding that the units to be used must be bolted to the vehicle and gps enabled like the one I use now. The idea of using an ipad or phone will not go with the usdot guidelines.
    A friend of mine has been using an ipad with app and DOT has already told him no way they will let that fly. That's up here in northeast.
    I like using the electronic log as you can no longer work me past 14 hrs day/70hrs wk.
    My brain is pretty done around 12 hrs, I think after that mistakes get made and with doing tanker haz-mat it can get ugly fast.
    -Mike

Then you just put two different Trip Recorders in your tractor.

#25 6 years ago

Nope! Compressed work weeks here. 7-430 Monday to Thursday and 7-11 Friday from home. Played some pinball and trying to get into the new Call of Duty. Not loving it so far...

#26 6 years ago

I work as much or as little as I want at any time that I want. Plus I get to choose where I work and who I work for and what type of job I work. If I don't like my boss, I tell him to F off. If I get fired, it is only for the day. I don't pay a deductible or premium or copay for health insurance for me and my family. I get a pension and matching 401k.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

My job involves sitting at a computer all day waiting for shit to break.

+1, sort of.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I work as much or as little as I want at any time that I want. Plus I get to choose where I work and who I work for and what type of job I work. If I don't like my boss, I tell him to F off. If I get fired, it is only for the day. I don't pay a deductible or premium or copay for health insurance for me and my family. I get a pension and matching 401k.

Ok, i will bite...

What do you do?

#29 6 years ago

You would think working at the place that builds these, I would be able to get parts to fix them fast. Ahhhhh, but as I sit and wait for a part I am pinsiding!
    Service tech for Cat (glorified mechanic)!

CBC13CD3-0F77-4F04-AEEA-B10DAB6E657A (resized).jpegCBC13CD3-0F77-4F04-AEEA-B10DAB6E657A (resized).jpeg

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

You would think working at the place that builds these

I bet it gets sick MPG...

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok, i will bite...
    What do you do?

I'm not supposed to say.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Had kind of figured that the original photo you posted could cause a problem, if someone at your employment had also noticed that photo.

We all take photos while we fly. Unfortunately, I had to remove the original photo, since specifics were brought up afterwards in a responding post. I replaced it with less information and hopefully something worth seeing still?

Now to find that mile high club with pinball......

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

We all take photos while we fly. Unfortunately, I had to remove the original photo, since specifics were brought up afterwards in a responding post. I replaced it with less information and hopefully something worth seeing still?
    Now to find that mile high club with pinball......

My bad!
    My intent was nothing nefarious, as an aspiring aviation enthusiast, I let my enthusiasm outweigh common sense, and it wasnt untill after you removed the photo that I realized that I probably should have kept my mouth shut.

I apologize!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shouldnt-you-be-working-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.