(Topic ID: 86566)

Shouldn't led kits be less expensive than buying individual led's??

By jamespin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

When buying in bulk with little to no flexibility on bulb choices, shouldn't kits be less cost to buy than individual bulbs? Sure, some time is spent tinkering to develop but??

I would buy a kit if I didn't pay a premium and then still have to tinker to taste.

Imo, I think they would sell far more kits if the sold the kits the same as if buying bulk bulbs from them.

#2 10 years ago

Pinballbulbs kits are not marked up for being a kit.

#3 10 years ago

Interesting. So if I buy their $209 wcs kit I get the individual bulb cost? No bulk though, right? Still good to know.

#4 10 years ago

You would think so. But I never have liked leds kits. lacks the personal touch.

#5 10 years ago

Youre payin for someones time to figure out what bulbs you need. And their opinion on colors etc..

#6 10 years ago

So which ones charge you a premium on kits?
    Just curious.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Interesting. So if I buy their $209 wcs kit I get the individual bulb cost? No bulk though, right? Still good to know.

Correct. It saves you time on color placement with instructions for each bulb and overall design. You can make changes or customizations from there if you wish, but a great foundation is built

#8 10 years ago

I love the pinball bulbs kits and then you can personalize some touches here and there.

To me, the bulbs themselves seem crisper, more full bodied, whatever the heck that means than my pbl's and then you add in the light strips where necessary and you have quite a light show

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shouldnt-led-kits-be-less-expensive-than-buying-individual-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.