(Topic ID: 208682)

Shouldn't Jethro Tull be the next rock pinball machine.

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ramjet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jethro-tull-ian-anderson-baby-onesies-white (resized).jpg
    DSC_0196 (resized).JPG
    play-free-bird (resized).jpg
    a021c30653ae3866c6c44c9e12a1d1a3--psychedelic-soup (resized).jpg
    R-855032-1278625766.jpeg (resized).jpg
    hd (resized).jpg
    69CFA24C-500F-4CE8-8272-88D41C3EC922 (resized).jpeg
    3857a (resized).jpg
    C1F63239-87E5-4C0A-B480-7D69A88F9545 (resized).jpeg
    BarreJT (resized).jpg
    gallery_movies-anchorman-12 (resized).jpg
    500x500 (resized).jpg
    TullFlute (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    iXWhLTK (resized).jpg
    Jethro Tull.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If not then why not.

about 15 years ago I was at a convention of photographers. The venue had live music and the only bar was in the music venue ball rooom. That music...a genuine Jethro Tull cover band, flute included.

This group of photographers was one hard drinking group. Dedicated liver killers the entire lot. When I went in that ballroom to see what was going on, it was the saddest thing I've ever seen. There they were, a Jethro Tull Cover band, flute included, rocking out like it was their last day on earth, to an absolutely empty room. They even let the bartender go, because nobody was there.

The booze for that group was trucked in offsite and taken out to a bonfire where they burned various hotel furniture. Like a said, a hard drinking group.

I'm not one to hate Tull, I liked them at one point, but something about that moment made me realize I'd never listen to them again.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think that might have something to do with the origin of this thread.

Its either Tull or Seals and Croft. I can imagine the all gold playfield and a long play 'summer breeze' multiball with special magnetically powered super slow mo and a whirlwind fan and hooka topper.

Other similarly great and inevitable themes. Yes, Super Tramp, and Jim Croce. All music I once but now rarely enjoy.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Because word on the street is that this group is ahead of them in line:

There's a typo on that cover, they put an (s) after HIT. I did get a good laugh out of the 'Priceless Collection" that's an amazing cover for so many reasons, the obviously and poorly photoshopped in heads. all of it. Great find.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Best Tull song:

Sweet Dream

Switch that to Danzig style vocals and heavier guitar and base and you have some dark solid metal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shouldndt-jethro-tull-be-the-next-rock-pinball-machine?tu=vacfink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.