(Topic ID: 208682)

Shouldn't Jethro Tull be the next rock pinball machine.

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ramjet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jethro-tull-ian-anderson-baby-onesies-white (resized).jpg
    DSC_0196 (resized).JPG
    play-free-bird (resized).jpg
    a021c30653ae3866c6c44c9e12a1d1a3--psychedelic-soup (resized).jpg
    R-855032-1278625766.jpeg (resized).jpg
    hd (resized).jpg
    69CFA24C-500F-4CE8-8272-88D41C3EC922 (resized).jpeg
    3857a (resized).jpg
    C1F63239-87E5-4C0A-B480-7D69A88F9545 (resized).jpeg
    BarreJT (resized).jpg
    gallery_movies-anchorman-12 (resized).jpg
    500x500 (resized).jpg
    TullFlute (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    iXWhLTK (resized).jpg
    Jethro Tull.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hoopjohn:

IMHO, Jethro Tull is a questionable choice. The band got started in 1967 and experienced there greatest artistic achievements in the 70's...... Not sure what type of market research (if any) takes place. The Jethro Tull fan base certainly is not a young crowd

Quoted from wayout440:

While the music is good, I'd have to say that there are more musicians/groups that span more generations and have a larger fan base ahead of them in line.

I think this sums it up. When we get to these discussions on bands that make a good pin or the next music pin a large fan base is essential...these discussions about the Budgies and Jethro Tull, nothing against the bands but the market just is not there. I.E. a Pink Floyd "The Wall" LE would sell far quicker, be more desired and sought after than an "Aqualung" LE.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I still listen to Tull when it comes on the radio.
    » YouTube video

As a teenager in the 80's I loved listening to Jethro Tull and I have nothing against the band but the first thing I think of when I think of Jethro Tull is I had just attended a Metallica concert on the "And Justice For All" tour and watching Metallica playing at the Grammys and then giving the First Grammy for Hard Rock/Heavy Metal to Jethro Tull, like the rest of America I was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did not know Jethro Tull had a new album and it certainly wasn't getting any play on the radio and to this day I have never heard a song played on that album while "Justice" was blowing our teenage minds when it came out!!!!!!!

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The Grammys had a lot of catching up to do. That was probably in regards to a Grammy snub of Jethro Tull years earlier.

I think you are missing the point O-din. Jethro Tull as the next music Pinball machine is as bad if not worse an idea than your idea for having the Budgies be a pinball machine. The fan base, relevance, popularity, pop culture, just does not exist for these bands for a pinball manufacturer to invest in them as a title. NO ONE is talking about Jethro Tull, there is no merchandising of them anywhere. Walk into a Target, Walmart etc you will see Jimi Hendrix T-shirts, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Doors, Beatles etc. For you to come up with these bands that although classic nothing against Jethro Tull but they simply don't have the legendary and dynamic status that other major bands do no matter how MUCH you like them. Jethro Tull IS A TERRIBLE IDEA FOR A PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#154 6 years ago

Lets just end this "argument" by listing the bands that have far more universal appeal/relevance/music catalog/large market draw/influence than Jethro Tull, Budgies, Uriah Heap, or Foo Fighters. These are listed in no particular order but as a music fan would succeed FAR more than the others.

Jimi Hendrix
    Pink Floyd
    Doors
    U2
    Led Zeppelin
    OZZY/Black Sabbath
    Rush
    The Beatles
    Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Alice in Chains/Nirvana (Grunge machine)

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If not then why not.

Sorry I was posing the "why not's" like you asked, simply many other bands ahead of Jethro Tull that have more universal Appeal. I like your threads but I don't support your position and I don't think I am the only one who thinks Jethro Tull as the NEXT music pin is a terrible idea and would be a flop....

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, I already tried to get Hendrix done, and even with overwhelming support it did not happen. And after you initially posted I have noticed your multiple thumbs down throughout this thread so it shows me something about this band must really bother you.
    On the other hand there has been a lot of support from other members so I'd like to see this play on out.

I actually like Jethro Tull and listened to them alot as a teenager. But my reason for thumbs down is not against the band it is against the ridiculous idea that of all of the bands out there Jethro Tull is the next MOST relevelant and popular band that would support great sales in the Pinball World. I highly doubt there is any Stern or Jersey Jack scramble to get the rights to produce a Jethro Tull pinball machine. The market simply is not there no matter how good their songs are. Its just reality. Am I the only one that thinks this way???????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shouldndt-jethro-tull-be-the-next-rock-pinball-machine?tu=jesterfunhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.