(Topic ID: 208682)

Shouldn't Jethro Tull be the next rock pinball machine.

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ramjet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jethro-tull-ian-anderson-baby-onesies-white (resized).jpg
    DSC_0196 (resized).JPG
    play-free-bird (resized).jpg
    a021c30653ae3866c6c44c9e12a1d1a3--psychedelic-soup (resized).jpg
    R-855032-1278625766.jpeg (resized).jpg
    hd (resized).jpg
    69CFA24C-500F-4CE8-8272-88D41C3EC922 (resized).jpeg
    3857a (resized).jpg
    C1F63239-87E5-4C0A-B480-7D69A88F9545 (resized).jpeg
    BarreJT (resized).jpg
    gallery_movies-anchorman-12 (resized).jpg
    500x500 (resized).jpg
    TullFlute (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    iXWhLTK (resized).jpg
    Jethro Tull.jpg
    There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago

Awesome. 20 bucks for what was probably a good seat at a great venue. Those were the days.

#102 6 years ago

Give me Dr. Dre Pin for my hip-hop themed pin.

#103 6 years ago

I'd pony up cash for a Yellowman pin right now. Zzz-zzug-zzug-zzugzen multiball. No body move no body get hurt ball save. Morning Ride (like midnight madness on other pins). Not to mention the tumor removal success extra ball which disables half the playfield temporarily. It'd be a hit with all the kiddies.

500x500 (resized).jpg500x500 (resized).jpg

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Awesome. 20 bucks for what was probably a good seat at a great venue. Those were the days.

Now $20 is a "service charge" for your privilege of buying a ticket.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

I saw Metallica twice there around the same time and although they were great, I was more impressed with that Jethro Tull show.

Haters gonna hate, but Tull was one of the best touring rock acts at that time.

#106 6 years ago

I only hate that I didn't see em.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

I only hate that I didn't see em.

I saw CSN there too around the same time shortly after Crosby got his new liver and what a show that was!

#108 6 years ago

Best Tull song:

Sweet Dream

#110 6 years ago

"Ian Anderson is accompanied by Tull band musicians David Goodier (bass), John O'Hara (keyboards), Florian Opahle (guitar), Scott Hammond (drums) and surprise virtual guests"

.............surprise virtual guests.

Does that make anyone else besides me nervous?

E

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

.............surprise virtual guests.
    Does that make anyone else besides me nervous?
    E

I figured it was Zamfir but the dude is still alive!

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I figured it was Zamfir but the dude is still alive!

Do you have to be dead to be a "virtual guest"?

Perhaps a hologram Martin Barre?

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Do you have to be dead, to be a "virtual guest"?

No ZZTop are still alive. They have a Milli Vanilli way of putting on concerts anymore.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No ZZTop are still alive. They have a Milli Vanilli way of putting on concerts anymore.

I saw ZZ Top at the Houston rodeo in 2007. It was obvious nobody was playing rhythm guitar or synthesizer. It's like some kind of open secret. They can only play their pre-80s stuff live as a three-piece without a backing track.

I'd like to think Billy is actually singing.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If not then why not.

Sure I'd rather have that than an Iron Maiden!

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

They can only play their pre-80s stuff live as a three-piece without a backing track.

They couldn't even do that when they did their Super Bowl halftime show. Lip syncing studio tracks was about as low as it gets.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

I saw ZZ Top at the Houston rodeo in 2007. It was obvious nobody was playing rhythm guitar or synthesizer. It's like some kind of open secret. They can only play their pre-80s stuff live as a three-piece without a backing track.
    I'd like to think Billy is actually singing.

Sometimes there are musicians playing behind or under the stage. I've seen this many times.

#118 6 years ago

NO FLUTES!

gallery_movies-anchorman-12 (resized).jpggallery_movies-anchorman-12 (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago

It made it to page three and is finally back in the all pinball sub-forum.

Thanks! So there is a chance....

#120 6 years ago

I think it's time to start getting a song list together.

Is there room in pinball for a "Fat Man" mode?

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is there room in pinball for a "Fat Man" mode?

Aren't they all?

#122 6 years ago

I love early Tull, Aqualung is okay but over-rated. War Child is weak although it did produce one "hit" song. To me they were done being interesting by 1975.

A pin would not be a good idea.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from RoyGBev:

I love early Tull, Aqualung is okay but over-rated. War Child is weak although it did produce one "hit" song. To me they were done being interesting by 1975.

A pin would not be a good idea.

This sounds like pretty much the same story for every music themed pinball machine that is already out there and they seem to sell fairly well.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I vote for Mr Bungle. They already have pinball sound effects in their songs...
    » YouTube video

"It's not funny, my ass is on fire." lol

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If you meant the next Hard Rock/Heavy Metal pinball machine then yes of course

I'm officially old for understanding this obscure reference to something that happened almost 30 years ago

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

I'm officially old for understanding this obscure reference to something that happened almost 30 years ago

It was the million dollar answer.

http://millionaire.wikia.com/wiki/Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Millionaire%3F_(U.S._version)/Final_Questions

#127 6 years ago

Ohmboy! Watching the pretty panties fly!!!Hay aqualung!!!

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Metallica fans world wide sat pissed and in disbelief. Hard rock / Heavy Metal..... Jehtro Tull.... still shaking my head. Imbeciles!

#129 6 years ago

To be fair the category was hard rock/ metal performance meaning one or the other. And although not metal they were certainly rocking hard the night I saw them in 1988. And a superior performance as well. So maybe in reality it was the correct call.

#130 6 years ago

I would break my Stern boycott for a Led Zeppelin pin.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I would break my Stern boycott for a Led Zeppelin pin.

Likewise!

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Metallica fans world wide sat pissed and in disbelief. Hard rock / Heavy Metal..... Jehtro Tull.... still shaking my head. Imbeciles!

I'd put both games side by side, touching.

#133 6 years ago

Thanks for info Odin.
    Got 2 seats for the Greek show. Now I don't hate that I haven't seen them.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd put both games side by side, touching.

With a special mode where if the Metallica pin senses the Jethro presence you hear Lars Ulrich crying.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Got 2 seats for the Greek show. Now I don't hate that I haven't seen them.

What time will you be picking me up?

#136 6 years ago

Hocus Pocus by Focus. That song had a mean flute. Great song.

#137 6 years ago

Only if it's content pre- "A". Man, that change of direction sorta sucked.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I saw Tull live once at Irvine Meadows in 1988 and they were still killing it

I saw Floyd live in 88' for $38 Aus, very similar pricing, those were the days!!

#139 6 years ago

Looks like I am going to see a 70 year old, Grammy winning, flute playing, rock legend at the most awesome venue in So Cal!

Thanks jamesmc. I love it when a plan comes together.

#140 6 years ago

WOW!

With all this talk about Jethro Tull i just re-listened to the entire Aqualung Album on vinyl and have to say it was amazing!! Without a doubt a top 10-15 album. This thread may want to sit back and take a few minutes to reacquaint themselves with this sound. They would do a machine proud but it maybe to a limited audience that still remember what a true rock band sounds like. Tull had sound that could change with each album ........ probably because the lineup of musicians changed every couple of years.

on a side note ......does anybody remember what Metallica did to combat the scourge of music piracy when napster brought about file sharing?

#141 6 years ago

they quit making good music......
    lol

#142 6 years ago

After thinking on it, I'm holding out for the Steely Dan pinball.

#143 6 years ago

I’m going to see Tull here in St Louis in June. I haven’t seen them in a while. I’m looking forward to it.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#144 6 years ago

i think it is just Ian Anderson now that he fired Martin Barre .

BarreJT (resized).jpgBarreJT (resized).jpg

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Best Tull song:

Sweet Dream

Switch that to Danzig style vocals and heavier guitar and base and you have some dark solid metal.

#146 6 years ago

NO. Another Metallica fan here that will never forget.. Why hasn’t “Classic Rock” become golden oldies or ancient rock?
    You probably could sell a few thousand Tull machines, but no way could sell on to next generation.
    And Metallica was quite prescient in their anti-Napster stance, it helped the Apples of the world but killed the cd/album concept. Plus they only made $2 billion, probably cost them another 10.

With the tech available, couldn’t they make a jukebox/pin? Backlight changes to whatever artist mode you pick. Internet connected, so band gets a royalty immediately. Have to survive Drake, Katy Perry to get Bruno Mars, Pink-survive that get U2, Pearl Jam- survive that get...

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Another Metallica fan here that will never forget.. Why hasn’t “Classic Rock” become golden oldies or ancient rock?

Not sure what you are getting at as Metallica is "classic rock". As is every other music pinball machine so far.

Time sure does fly while you are having fun.

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Because that would not sell....
    The only hip-hop pin that would sell would be Beastie Boys.

Meh. A Death Row Records pin with a bunch of artists from that label's start would probably sell well.

#149 6 years ago

Fun fact: Andrew Lincoln (Walking Deads Rick Grimes) is married to Ian Anderson's daughter

#150 6 years ago

Acid rock of the early 70's lead to Heavy Metal to me, Odin do you remember Uriah heap, used to listen to them and Tull a lot in the 70's.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shouldndt-jethro-tull-be-the-next-rock-pinball-machine/page/3?hl=kingandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.