(Topic ID: 251439)

Shoulder strap lifts/forearm strap lifts??

By V4Vendetta

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_3 (resized).png
    20201030_141227 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Has anyone used one of those shoulder strap dolly or forearm strap lift to move a pinball machine??

#2 2 years ago

Tried to once, not that great IMO. Just too heavy.

#3 2 years ago

I have used them in a pinch a couple of times where a dolly wouldn’t work. With two capable people using them, they do a nice job removing some of the weight from your hands.

If given a choice between these and a dolly, I would choose dolly every time.

#4 2 years ago

They do a good job of shifting the load from your back to arms/shoulders. I used them once to carry a pin down stairs with the legs on and felt much safer. A good appliance dolly is better, but the straps are better than a free lift - especially if your back isn’t the best.

#5 2 years ago

I injured my right arm(dominant hand) in a motorcycle accident when a cager sideswiped me but have a pin getting delivered and it just needs to go up 3 steps of stairs to my front door. I usually use my harbor freight cart to roll up to the steps and just lift it with one helper but I don't think I can free lift for awhile so was looking for a viable solution. Hmmm...first world problems.

#6 2 years ago

I bought the shoulder strap appliance movers after moving a handful of games from a buddies basement with them. They work great and take the weight off your hands for being able to balance the game.

#7 2 years ago

Use them for moving furniture all the time. Makes it a lot easier to move some awkward stuff that usually bonks your shins or you can't get a handhold on. Really takes a lot of strain off your knees and back not having to crouch and lean so much.

-Hans

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I bought the shoulder strap appliance movers after moving a handful of games from a buddies basement with them. They work great and take the weight off your hands for being able to balance the game.

Does it get tipsy at all? should strap ones look like they only have 1 strap going down the middle for lifting the item so I'm worried if it tips in either direction and I won't be able to catch in time. But the forearm lifts look like 2 straps going in x direction under the item so i thought maybe it provides better stability??

#9 2 years ago

I watched two guys use these when my last new fridge was delivered. They popped that thing up one step into my house and then up five steps into my kitchen like it was nothing.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Does it get tipsy at all? should strap ones look like they only have 1 strap going down the middle for lifting the item so I'm worried if it tips in either direction and I won't be able to catch in time. But the forearm lifts look like 2 straps going in x direction under the item so i thought maybe it provides better stability??

Ya, it’s one wide strap under the pinball or appliance, however you’re supposed to use your hands to keep it balanced. It was very easy, well worth it if you need them.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I think the one strap actually makes it less likely to tip since your torso is stabilizing the load. Plus the legs help keep the strap from shifting - just make sure none of the legs can come off

1 year later
    #12 8 months ago

When we moved out of our house, the movers decided to use shoulder straps, but had the pin on its back. I thought it was odd that they wouldn't want to have it horizontal, because vertical put the pin much lower to the ground.

20201030_141227 (resized).jpg

When using shoulder straps, is it much easier to have it horizontal than vertical?

We couldn't use an appliance dolly here since we had hardwood stairs. Well, I have used an escalera on the stairs before but you have to continually move cardboard pieces to make sure the dolly doesn't scratch/indent the wood.

Screenshot_3 (resized).png

#13 8 months ago
    Quoted from Gogdog:

When we moved out of our house, the movers decided to use shoulder straps, but had the pin on its back. I thought it was odd that they wouldn't want to have it horizontal, because vertical put the pin much lower to the ground.
    [quoted image]
    When using shoulder straps, is it much easier to have it horizontal than vertical?
    We couldn't use an appliance dolly here since we had hardwood stairs. Well, I have used an escalera on the stairs before but you have to continually move cardboard pieces to make sure the dolly doesn't scratch/indent the wood.
    [quoted image]

For that landing and turn, looks easier to have the game vertical.

I’ve done the long way up a single flight without issue.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside