(Topic ID: 257242)

Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don' t own a game?

By Viggin900

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don't own a pin?”

• Yes 155 votes
      82%
    • No 33 votes
      18%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2BFDE9A-149C-43CB-BC3C-6078E380AF13 (resized).jpeg
    South-Park-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-right-now-meme (resized).jpg
    $ 1 kxeqdI42QECa6l6ETxTR_water_down_a_plughole (resized).jpg
    C02F9E83-9757-406B-9911-F14B5842F47A (resized).jpeg
    78826882_434866300753432_919730288244817920_n (resized).png
    E70BE3A7-1237-41DF-9F54-D581F1FDCE67 (resized).jpeg
    donatio heart (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Do you think in order to have the best pinball podcast you should own atleast 1 game in order to discuss the hobby with any expertise?

#2 4 years ago

No. This is like discouraging people from playing in tournaments who do not own a game.

#3 4 years ago
    th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago

Some of the best tournament players I know don’t own a single pinball machine? Does that disqualify them from winning a tournament?

#5 4 years ago

Eh. Anyone can have a podcast about anything. Plus when your podcast is devoted to games that aren’t out yet, makes it hard to own any of them. When it’s out, it’s old news. Haha

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Do you think in order to have the best pinball podcast you should own atleast 1 game in order to discuss the hobby with any expertise?

I think that’s a very classist statement. Not everyone has $$$ to drop on hardware, but everyone can love the game. It’s all about the love of the game.

Plus - as Coz said - some of the best tourney players own ZERO pins.

#7 4 years ago

Dumb question. I know plenty of top level players that do not own a single game, probably play more often and have a much more depth of knowledge than a lot of home collectors. Means nothing.

#8 4 years ago

Should you win a TWIPY if your name starts with K?? C'mon mods.

#9 4 years ago

No. Next question.

#10 4 years ago

Cargument time! I don't have to own a Tesla to enjoy talking about it, watching developments, speculating, etc.

Pinball is a little different in that you can still have the experience with location games, at shows, with friends' collections, etc.

#11 4 years ago

What's up with all these people reviewing food and they don't even own restaurants?

#12 4 years ago

If the podcast was solely about pinball repair, then maybe yeah, but in the cited example who cares. you can still have a passion for the hobby even if you don't own a pin. There are a lot of people in my league who don't own pins and are 100X better than me.

#13 4 years ago

What a troll thread...

Not like he never owned games...

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats like you cant do a movie review, unless you own a cinema.

Best is probebly left to the viewer/listener to decide.

#15 4 years ago

There are no prerequisites for either owning or talking about pinball however the time and creative energy that goes into producing a podcast supersedes that of owning a pinball game IMHO

#16 4 years ago

Should you post about an award ceremony, about a podcast on a pinball website when you aren't even up for an award, you don't host a podcast, and you don't run a website????

Ridiculous.

#17 4 years ago

LOL this is funny that this is even suggested .Really ??? all the k haters lol. So I can't talk about something im passionate about because I don't own one.Geeee where is the pinball love .Oh ya I forgot to add that pinballs are not cheap and yes people can go to places and play anytime they want.So I say this all of you like drewbo81 who does a podcast can only talk about games you currently own lol.

#18 4 years ago

as long as you have some UTZ cheese balls you are good
    if they ain't UTZ you shouldn't be allowed

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #19 4 years ago

This might be the dumbest thread I've seen in pinside to date.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shabazz18:

This might be the dumbest thread I've seen in pinside to date.

Op deserves a Twippy for worst post on a public forum

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Sure, as long as the category is called ‘Best Pinball podcast with a host owning at least one game’

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

No.

#23 4 years ago

This is the most ridiculous topic ever.

#24 4 years ago

Commentators don’t play football....

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Commentators don’t play football....

But I’d damn sure watch NFL games with play calling by owners! Imagine Jerry Jones yelling at Dak on every play...”Jesus Christ, Witten was open on the out route you ninkompoop! That’s coming out of next year’s contract!”

#26 4 years ago

Not to mention that he lives in NYC and plays pinball at various locations like Sunshine Laundromat.

I swear....the amount of real estate he takes up in some people's brain is comical.

#28 4 years ago

Oh man, they got a mod to comment! Hook, line and sinker. Classic.

#29 4 years ago

Should you be allowed to post on Pinside if you have never donated?

donatio heart (resized).pngdonatio heart (resized).png
    #30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:LOL this is funny that this is even suggested .Really ??? all the k haters lol. So I can't talk about something im passionate about because I don't own one.Geeee where is the pinball love .Oh ya I forgot to add that pinballs are not cheap and yes people can go to places and play anytime they want.So I say this all of you like drewbo81 who does a podcast can only talk about games you currently own lol.

Yep @crumbalimb just what the pinball world is clamoring for...a podcast about f14 and laser cue each and every week
    ‍♂️

#31 4 years ago

It was recently pointed out to me my pins are 40 years old, so my opinion of the new Sterns don't count. There will always be a sense of entitlement and superiority from some owners who have invested thousands in games.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

It was recently pointed out to me my pins are 40 years old, so my opinion of the new Sterns don't count. There will always be a sense of entitlement and superiority from some owners who have invested thousands in games.

Yep phil-lee there will always be that 10-12year old kid we all knew growing up that bragged about the new stuff his parents got him/her...they were douchy then and became even worse adults...

#33 4 years ago

How about a better question? Should the TWIP podcast be eligible for a Twipy award? How can they be eligible to win an award from the awards show that they control the voting web site for? That would be like the academy awards giving themselves an Oscar. TWIP podcast should not be allowed on the ballot for this reason.

#34 4 years ago

Where the hell are the Twerpys?!?

#35 4 years ago

Whoever posted this is probably a dope!

#36 4 years ago

I think you should be able to win a TWIPY for best podcast if you don't have a podcast. It would open the field up considerably and 99.9% of us would not care a bit.

#37 4 years ago

Do flippers technically own a pinball for a short period of time between putting down a refundable deposit and when it's drop shipped?

#38 4 years ago

People do realize that Kaneda DOES encourage people to enjoy pinball right. I mean its one guy adding some balance to an otherwise recent and quite aggressive lean towards ownership culture...If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly.

#39 4 years ago

Should a pinball distributor be allowed to review a pin? 'Tis the season to be jolly Trollolololol lololol

#40 4 years ago

Its America and anyone can win a podcast award. How you can be voted the best without owning the item or not using donations for research by playing locations regularly is beyond me? I might as well be listining to my neighbor on their thoughts of pinball!
    Comparisons of Tesla and tournament players are unrelated to the question? Better comparisons would be a car podcast from someone who doesnt own a car. Tournament commentater who has never played in a tournament. Get my drift?
    If your going to buy shoes do you base your decision on reviews by owners or the marketing lingo on the box?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I might as well be listining to my neighbor on their thoughts of pinball!
    ?

Yeah you basically are. Half of these fucking clowns don;t even have podcast degrees.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Better comparisons would be a car podcast from someone who doesnt own a car.

Yeaaaa Carguments!

Quoted from Viggin900:

If your going to buy shoes do you base your decision on reviews by owners or the marketing lingo on the box?

Is this a real question?

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Its America and anyone can win a podcast award. How you can be voted the best without owning the item or not using donations for research by playing locations regularly is beyond me? I might as well be listining to my neighbor on their thoughts of pinball!
    Comparisons of Tesla and tournament players are unrelated to the question? Better comparisons would be a car podcast from someone who doesnt own a car. Tournament commentater who has never played in a tournament. Get my drift?

If you are referring to the two time Twippy award winning podcast out of NYC then K has owned a variety of machines that he rotates in and out and plays location pinball. Seems valid to me. If you are talking about some other yahoo, can't say.

At the end of the day, it is just pinball. Listen, don't listen, it really does not matter.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Where the hell are the Twerpys?!?

I nominate this thread for a Twerpy.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

People do realize that Kaneda DOES encourage people to enjoy pinball right. I mean its one guy adding some balance to an otherwise recent and quite aggressive lean towards ownership culture...If the baby is ugly, the baby is ugly.

Yup! And he has shined a bright light on to the cost of these machines and what you get (and don't get) for your money. I know his perspective has made me think twice about several potential NIB purchases, (mostly from Stern.)

#45 4 years ago

Should you be allowed to eat a Big Mac if you don’t own a franchise ?

#46 4 years ago

I listen to zero podcasts. None. Should I be allowed to own pinball machines?

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I listen to zero podcasts. None. Should I be allowed to own pinball machines?

How do you know which machines to buy then? You are just blindly throwing money around with no guidance!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

How do you know which machines to buy then? You are just blindly throwing money around with no guidance!

UNLESS that guidance is from somone that doesn;t own a pinball machine!!!
    This is why we have pinball laws and pinball courts people.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah you basically are. Half of these fucking clowns don;t even have podcast degrees.

LOLOL!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

UNLESS that guidance is from somone that doesn;t own a pinball machine!!!
    This is why we have pinball laws and pinball courts people.

See, this is why you are TheLaw and I specialize in posting scantily clad and/or jackassery gifs! Thanks for everything that you do in enforcing order in this pinball wasteland.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-you-win-a-twipy-podcast-if-you-don-t-own-a-game?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.