(Topic ID: 257242)

Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don' t own a game?

By Viggin900

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don't own a pin?”

• Yes 155 votes
      82%
    • No 33 votes
      18%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2BFDE9A-149C-43CB-BC3C-6078E380AF13 (resized).jpeg
    South-Park-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-right-now-meme (resized).jpg
    $ 1 kxeqdI42QECa6l6ETxTR_water_down_a_plughole (resized).jpg
    C02F9E83-9757-406B-9911-F14B5842F47A (resized).jpeg
    78826882_434866300753432_919730288244817920_n (resized).png
    E70BE3A7-1237-41DF-9F54-D581F1FDCE67 (resized).jpeg
    donatio heart (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Is a coincidence that he comes around to his charitable decision right before TWIPY voting happens? Just saying, if Dr. Frightener feels a TWIPY isn't worth anything, at least one podcaster seems to think it's worth about $5k.

Think you are reading too much into this. It is the end of the year and a lot of folks donate things at this time of the year for tax write offs. Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Twippys.

#102 4 years ago

So, if you talk about anything you need to own it? Doh!

I get more irritated by lack of knowledge.

Kaneda saying Lyman should code Keith games ...... no, no, no. Keith's rules are fantastic.

Point two. He says no one cares about getting a multiplier on a game. No, no, no.

Pinball history shows multipliers are one of the reasons people play pinball since the 70's. The excitement of blowing up a game.

He is spot on on the marketing side but because he is a casual player, he misses the mark on alot of the nuances.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats hilarious! Especially a thread started with a poll! No one seems to get it.
    Not talking about just any podcast on the pinball hobby. A podcast that talks about what owners and buyers should demand from manufactures. Critiquing everything on what sells best, whats the best value, and everyone should do this, you should do that. ... guy doesn't even own a game.
    Practice what you preach.

I am coming to appreciate your tenuous grasp on reality and comprehension in general. Do you recommend that Kaneda go on hiatus until he owns another pinball machine?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not trying to shame other podcasts but one is done by someone who sells pinball of every background. Do you think he's going to take a deep dive into a game he sells and blasts the supplier for something they did wrong. Doubt that!

Quoted from drfrightner:

Zach,
    Don't get so sensitive I wasn't calling you out. OMG talk about grow a pair!

I knew exactly who you were talking about .
    Zach can't win . He was being called biased even before he was selling pins . I've heard you on Kaneda podcast and you sound like a great guy , just as I've heard Zach from the very beginning on SDTM , I've heard him say many times what he does like and doesn't like about pins . He is just passionate and loves pinball and respects the time and effort people put into making games , so he doesn't want to shit on them . I love roller coasters but even a " bad " roller coaster is still a good roller coaster . So you can call me biased on things I love .

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I am coming to appreciate your tenuous grasp on reality and comprehension in general. Do you recommend that Kaneda go on hiatus until he owns another pinball machine?

It doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyway . He's owned pinball machines for years and now because he sells his to get some new ones , suddenly he can't have an opinion on pinball . Just totally ridiculous but everyone here already knows that .

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

It doesn't need to be said but I'll say it anyway . He's owned pinball machines for years and now because he sells his to get some new ones , suddenly he can't have an opinion on pinball . Just totally ridiculous but everyone here already knows that .

I know that, you know that, it appears that everybody except one know that, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

I wonder if all of Kaneda’s shows before he sold his games are valid and that once he owns a game again, his shows going forward will be valid? Hey @thelaw, can we get a pinball court ruling on this?

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I know that, you know that, it appears that everybody except one know that, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
    I wonder if all of Kaneda’s shows before he sold his games are valid and that once he owns a game again, his shows going forward will be valid? Hey thelaw, can we get a pinball court ruling on this?

The law knows all things "sometimes " .
    The irony is people see these bullshit threads and it puts their backup , and it'll just throw more votes his way in the Twip's .

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats hilarious! Especially a thread started with a poll! No one seems to get it.
    Not talking about just any podcast on the pinball hobby. A podcast that talks about what owners and buyers should demand from manufactures. Critiquing everything on what sells best, whats the best value, and everyone should do this, you should do that. ... guy doesn't even own a game.
    Practice what you preach.

give it up already, you got to have better things going on in your life then to complain about this crap
    .... or maybe not

#109 4 years ago

If you put yourself out there on the internet you are putting yourself up for abuse from the trolls. We have no way of knowing Kaneda’s motives and timing on Lebowski but I feel he is trying to do the right thing and he is a good guy . Both Kaneda and Zach are doing a great service to the pinball community. Negativity helps nothing . Look inside yourselves folks . It is only pinball . It is supposed to be about fun .
    Save the drama for your mama.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Think you are reading too much into this. It is the end of the year and a lot of folks donate things at this time of the year for tax write offs. Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Twippys.

Probably. I’m just going off of a timeline of events.

- He talked on his podcast a lot about how torn he was on whether to sell TBL for profit. At the end of that first podcast talking about it he revealed he actually already listed it for sale on Facebook. He later removed that listing.

- He lists the game on eBay for $99000, clearly a troll move/joke.

- He then has multiple podcasts talking about what to do with it and eventually comes to a decision that he doesn’t feel it is right to make a profit on a game that was already bought and paid for by someone else.

- Two people list and sell TBLs on Pinside with listing prices around $21k.

- He revisits the topic on the podcast again, even interviewing one of the sellers. At that point he still says he feels like it isn’t right to flip it for profit.

- A few weeks or so later he again lists his TBL on eBay for $21000 Buy it now or best offer. No mention of donating to charity in the listing, no mention of selling the game at all on the podcast.

- Someone notices the listing and mentions it in the TBL preorder thread. Listing is removed after about 16 hours.

- He mentions on Special When Lit that he is losing listeners due to people thinking he will flip TBL for profit.

- He announces that he will sell TBL and donate proceeds to charity.

You decide.

As far as the original question of the thread I don’t think it matters at all whether you own a game or not. You can podcast about whatever you like.

#111 4 years ago

- He talked on his podcast a lot about how torn he was on whether to sell TBL for profit. At the end of that first podcast talking about it he revealed he actually already listed it for sale on Facebook. He later removed that listing.
    - He then has multiple podcasts talking about what to do with it and eventually comes to a decision that he doesn’t feel it is right to make a profit on a game that was already bought and paid for by someone else.
    - He revisits the topic on the podcast again, even interviewing one of the sellers. At that point he still says he feels like it isn’t right to flip it for profit.
    - A few weeks or so later he again lists his TBL on eBay for $21000 Buy it now or best offer. No mention of donating to charity in the listing, no mention of selling the game at all on the podcast.
    - Someone notices the listing and mentions it in the TBL preorder thread. Listing is removed after about 16 hours.
    - He mentions on Special When Lit that he is losing listeners due to people thinking he will flip TBL for profit.
    You decide.

What?

#112 4 years ago

You decide.
    As far as the original question of the thread I don’t think it matters at all whether you own a game or not. You can podcast about whatever you like.

That was ...comprehensive. I really don’t think this would sway voting one way or the other but who knows. I just know that it is the end of the year and people are scrambling for tax deductions. Kaneda even said this as well. Hell, I had to beg and plead with Habitat for Humanity to schedule a pickup from me before the end of the year.

#113 4 years ago

Hey I’m all for charitable donations and I’m glad he came around to the final endpoint that he did.

Sorry for the length of the post but I wasn’t sure how to explain it any other way.

#114 4 years ago

Funny that the moderators / owners of this forum leave this ridiculous thread up but take down Kaneda's charity for kids post.

#115 4 years ago

Hey I’m all for charitable donations and I’m glad he came around to the final endpoint that he did.
    Sorry for the length of the post but I wasn’t sure how to explain it any other way.

It’s all good. As long as he follows through with his donation then everybody wins. It is a generous act.

#116 4 years ago

This thread is great! We have a moronic topic that has rallied a lot of people around Kaneda; awesome analogies that poke fun at said moronic topic, zaphX breaking out a timely meme, drfrightner parachuting in to do whatever the hell he does and taking us on a momentary detour, Twippy conspiracy theories, and the whole time my new favorite poster dirtbag66 smacking people around and giving people the What treatment like Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2001. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It’s all good. As long as he follows through with his donation then everybody wins. It is a generous act.

Agreed.

I haven’t listened to his podcast since he listed TBL on eBay for $21k and honestly I feel like my life is better for it. I guess you can consider him entertaining but the constant flip flopping and changing opinions were driving me a little crazy.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

This thread is great! We have a moronic topic that has rallied a lot of people around Kaneda; awesome analogies that poke fun at said moronic topic, zaphx breaking out a timely meme, drfrightner parachuting in to do whatever the hell he does and taking us on a momentary detour, Twippy conspiracy theories, and the whole time my new favorite poster dirtbag66 smacking people around and giving people the What treatment like Stone Cold Steve Austin in 2001. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Actually, I'm saying "What?" because I legitimately have no idea what the fuck they are babbling about.

#119 4 years ago

I'm glad he's selling Batman 66 maybe he will stop talking about it for a change.

#120 4 years ago

A better question would have been "Should you win a twipy podcast if you don't PLAY pinball" ?

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You will never change my mind

You should never say this. Only an idiot can't change their mind. I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm calling the statement dumb.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Every time I see one of these Kaneda hate threads they always get shot down with lots of down votes , and a lot of upvotes in support of Chris ..

I didn't even know it was aboot Keneda, i downloaded because it was stupid on it's on merit.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Actually, I'm saying "What?" because I legitimately have no idea what the fuck they are babbling about.

Yeah, there is some wacky bullshit going around here.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

You don't say!

What is wrong with Missouri coming from the single most corrupt state in America Illinois? As for my age I'm 119 years old. I'll be 120 next month. I was alive to see the very first pinball game built. I sailed on the Titanic and survived by floating and the very couch that was used in the now famous Elvira pinball game.

Quoted from screaminr:

I think he's well on the way to winning his third twipy

Back to reality for one second... Kaneda has the most popular podcast. With that being said he shares his own personal opinion, I don't think he influences anyone either way. He hated Pirates its still rated the 6th best game on this very website. He didn't think people should buy Elvira ridiculous SLE with a piece of a couch but people still did (I'll never understand that one). Here is my point people take all this stuff way to serious. This very website is loaded with opinions, perspectives, viewpoints, tastes, and more. I drink coke you drink pepsi it is what it is... most of the people are older and are very difficult to change their already made up minds. You don't influence people in their 40's 50's and 60's. you influence younger people. I think most of the people who buy pinball games are in that 40-60 range. All these podcasts are for entertainment some like Zach do a great job talking pinball while others Kaneda are more opinion shows. Winning or not winning an award means nothing. The people who still do not like Kaneda show will still not like it, etc.

A plastic award doesn't move needles. No one is going to run out and buy a game solely based on winning an award. Point again no one cares either way.

#125 4 years ago

Speaking of Kaneda being banned from this website... that in and of itself is ridiculous. Who cares what he posts or says. Back to my last point people take this all way to serious. If you don't like what he says don't listen. If he posts something here and you don't like it don't read it. The guy who wins this best podcast can't post here... HUH! There are a lot of morons on this website posting all kinds weird stuff around here. Who cares if he says something you don't like... end the grudge and let him post. How does that hurt anyone? Again just skip over his posts if you don't like them. I don't agree with half the stuff he says, I love my JJP Pirates and he railed on it for months. We just disagree. No big deal.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Speaking of Kaneda being banned from this website... that in and of itself is ridiculous...If he posts something here and you don't like it don't read it....

The owner of the website doesn't want him here; it's pretty simple.

#127 4 years ago

As the owner of this website that is his choice. Just like its someone else’s choice to pay 10k for a pinball game or listen to xyz podcast. Do I agree with the owners point of view of not allowing Kaneda on this website NO! Why do people whine so much its only pinball. If he or anyone posts something you don’t like don’t read it. This website is filled with people who spread false rumors, and worse. But again even though I don’t agree I don’t own the website.

People are free in this country to start their own podcast or their own message board, website or whatever. I want to say no I don’t agree with everything Kaneda says we 110% disagreed on Pirates, we debated that. I think he was wrong and honestly I think he ultimately admitted he might have been wrong. That is the great thing about discussion and debate. You can’t let people get under your skin.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

What is wrong with Missouri coming from the single most corrupt state in America Illinois? As for my age I'm 119 years old. I'll be 120 next month. I was alive to see the very first pinball game built. I sailed on the Titanic and survived by floating and the very couch that was used in the now famous Elvira pinball game.

Um, yeah. You are not well. Seek help immediately.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Every time I see one of these Kaneda hate threads they always get shot down with lots of down votes , and a lot of upvotes in support of Chris . Just going off that , I think he's well on the way to winning his third twipy .
    I bet you thought you were going to get a lot of upvotes for this thread , well that's backfired bigtime .

Well, K’s undergone a true American, second chance comeback. If you don’t know the deep background than you should check it out. I’ve met the dude, hung out with him, and like him. That said, he’s got issues man, and a past we’ll deserved. Especially on Pinside.

But I’d rather look forward than backward, and K has definitely put a better foot forward since his “demise”, and that’s not nothing.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Um, yeah. You are not well. Seek help immediately.

I think your name says it all 'dirtbag'. I rest my case!

I think we should make a rule if you own more than 30 pins you shouldn't be allowed to vote or win a twipy because you have to much experience. It's just not fair because you might actually use logic when you vote. I think we should make that rule right now.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

As the owner of this website that is his choice. Just like its someone else’s choice to pay 10k for a pinball game or listen to xyz podcast. Do I agree with the owners point of view of not allowing Kaneda on this website NO! Why do people whine so much its only pinball. If he or anyone posts something you don’t like don’t read it. This website is filled with people who spread false rumors, and worse. But again even though I don’t agree I don’t own the website.
    People are free in this country to start their own podcast or their own message board, website or whatever. I want to say no I don’t agree with everything Kaneda says we 110% disagreed on Pirates, we debated that. I think he was wrong and honestly I think he ultimately admitted he might have been wrong. That is the great thing about discussion and debate. You can’t let people get under your skin.

But you weren't here when he was on Pinside. If you were you'd understand why he's banned. I'm not going to go over the laundry list of transgressions as they've been well documented. (Even they don't include the PMs he allegedly sent to Robin that have been alluded to.) His banning from Pinside is justified.

When he was on here, I was one of his biggest critics. However, I can separate his history on Pinside with his podcast and his place in "pinball media". Although I disagree with him often and a few times I've had to tune out (including, respectfully, when you've been the guest), I listen to his show whenever an episode comes out. It's a nice balance with other podcast offerings.

I'm also a radio geek and am always impressed with anyone that can do a entertaining solo show. Love him or hate him, I feel Chris does that. He's a polarizing guy but he has the most discussed pinball podcast for a reason.

Robins' site....Robins' rules.

#132 4 years ago

I know the History and respect the Fans as well as the detractors, a true battle of will. It is my humble opinion that the person would try to take over Pinside, the end result being a split church, so to speak. He has become a Personality, perhaps too large for a simple Membership.
    He needs an Agent thats Publicity-oriented.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I know the History and respect the Fans as well as the detractors, a true battle of will. It is my humble opinion that the person would try to take over Pinside, the end result being a split church, so to speak. He has become a Personality, perhaps too large for a simple Membership.

F2BFDE9A-149C-43CB-BC3C-6078E380AF13 (resized).jpegF2BFDE9A-149C-43CB-BC3C-6078E380AF13 (resized).jpeg
    #134 4 years ago

The idea behind the TWIPYs is amazing.

What isn't amazing is people taking it seriously and all the background junk that happens.
    Like this thread.
    Like begging for votes.
    Like needing validation from internet strangers to tell you that you are better than others at what you do.

If you are truly enjoying what you are doing you then you don't need that.

Last year for fun I made a video telling people to vote for us, and made fun of Kaneda.

It was only to make people laugh. But maybe I was getting sucked into all the BS as well. I uploaded it and then deleted it after 30 minutes or so.
    I will try and find it since i'm not podcasting anymore and really don't care

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

But you weren't here when he was on Pinside

I understand he's a very very opinionated person. I personally can't stand Rachel Maddow all she does is lie and push conspiracies. On the other hand you'd think I love Hannity and I do but honestly he says the exact opposite. I take Hannity for what it is... I don't believe everything he says I think for myself. I'm NOT a liberal however I can think for myself if they come up with an idea that makes sense I'll agree with it. Here is the point, there are a lot of people who push agenda's on people but that doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Furthermore if you don't like Hannity don't watch. So to me anyway doesn't matter what he did in the past, you can choose to ignore it. I have a button on my TV I can choose to watch or not watch. On these forums I can choose to ignore or engage. Words don't hurt anyone. Kaneda didn't like JJP Pirates I loved it, pinside loved it, they've ranked it #6 (should be #1) they didn't listen to his rants about that game. He's just one opinion!

Quoted from FalconPunch:

The idea behind the TWIPYs is amazing.

What isn't amazing is people taking it seriously and all the background junk that happens.
    Like this thread.
    Like begging for votes.

I agree with you 110%. The award means nothing but some bragging rights. An Oscar means something because typically it pushed more people to see those movies for that very short brief month after the Oscars. Most awards for music go to artists who don't sell many records. Awards are nice but in the end all that really matters is bottom lines. People are taking this TWIPY thing way to serious.

Quoted from phil-lee:

He has become a Personality, perhaps too large for a simple Membership.

LOL. Its pinball their honestly is only a handful of people who've become way to big... more or less there is only one person Gary Stern. He personally controls about 80% of this industry. Kaneda is more of an annoyance to people like that but even Gary Stern has to accept he's got an opinion like everyone else. Kaneda is like Joker... he does this for the fun of it. No matter how many times you put him in the asylum he always breaks out and causes more chaos. LOL Gary Stern can call a distributor who has a podcast and say WAIT A SECOND ... you better retract that or else. Now that is real power. As the Joker said in Dark Knight... you have nothing over me. That is Kaneda. He does what he wants.

Doesn't mean he's always right or wrong.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I will try and find it since i'm not podcasting anymore and really don't care

The loss of weekly updates about the minutiae of the Queensland pinball scene will no doubt be devastating to the sycophant contingents in NSW, Victoria and SA.

You can't expect to get the vox populi vote if you cater your content to promote a minority narrative.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The award means nothing but some bragging rights.

You're hired.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

Fans against non Fans.
    Bad drama from arguing/locked threads.
    Split.

Management don't want him here, its been made clear for me since day one.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

even a "bad" roller coaster is still a good roller coaster.

so certain are you.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

so certain are you.

Ha Ha nice one . Love those Final Destination movies

#141 4 years ago

I'm a fan of the trah-wal (trough) layout.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-you-win-a-twipy-podcast-if-you-don-t-own-a-game/page/3?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.