(Topic ID: 257242)

Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don' t own a game?

By Viggin900

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should you win a TWIPY podcast if you don't own a pin?”

• Yes 155 votes
      82%
    • No 33 votes
      18%

(188 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2BFDE9A-149C-43CB-BC3C-6078E380AF13 (resized).jpeg
    South-Park-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-right-now-meme (resized).jpg
    $ 1 kxeqdI42QECa6l6ETxTR_water_down_a_plughole (resized).jpg
    C02F9E83-9757-406B-9911-F14B5842F47A (resized).jpeg
    78826882_434866300753432_919730288244817920_n (resized).png
    E70BE3A7-1237-41DF-9F54-D581F1FDCE67 (resized).jpeg
    donatio heart (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Better comparisons would be a car podcast from someone who doesnt own a car. Tournament commentater who has never played in a tournament. Get my drift?
    If your going to buy shoes do you base your decision on reviews by owners or the marketing lingo on the box?

Why does it matter?
    If people like that podcast and feels what beeing said is worth listning to?

It's not a science pod or a teaching session, where you need to be sure, whats beeing presented is scientifically correct, and if listeners feelt it was uninformed nonsens, wouldnt it just mean zero listeners?

#52 4 years ago

Sometimes, ya gotta have perspective....

E70BE3A7-1237-41DF-9F54-D581F1FDCE67 (resized).jpegE70BE3A7-1237-41DF-9F54-D581F1FDCE67 (resized).jpeg
    #53 4 years ago

Before I got a couple of games a few months ago, I was driving an hour away 3-4 days a week to play pinball for fun or competitively. I played pinball more than most that have a collection, so yes, you can definitely be a relevant voice without owning any games.

#54 4 years ago

He needed something new to talk about, Pinside is his best source for material.
    Weird situation.

#55 4 years ago

I put my money where my mouth is and DONATED to the podcast since the poll says YES. You will never change my mind however that a podcast that discusses buying, selling and the value of pinball without even owning a game themself is worthy of an award. Then use the donations for your personal pleasure instead of reinvesting it like other podcasts. A podcast like this has no credibility or expertise compared to anyone else walking down the street and is a FRAUD!

#56 4 years ago

You might want to cross post to http://www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping

#57 4 years ago

Quoted from Viggin900:Do you think in order to have the best pinball podcast you should own atleast 1 game in order to discuss the hobby with any expertise?

Why? because kaneda sold his machines and has no machine now.

#58 4 years ago

I had to look up what a twipy is. I can’t understand why anyone would care enough about this to make a thread, jealousy? As I type this I feel as if I got sucked into this mindless timewaist myself.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I put my money where my mouth is and DONATED to the podcast since the poll says YES. You will never change my mind however that a podcast that discusses buying, selling and the value of pinball without even owning a game themself is worthy of an award. Then use the donations for your personal pleasure instead of reinvesting it like other podcasts. A podcast like this has no credibility or expertise compared to anyone else walking down the street and is a FRAUD!

Um, why did you donate money to a podcast that you don't like and think is a fraud?

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Chris has stated he will donate thousands of dollars to the Special When Lit 24 hr pinball stream for Project Pinball charity. How is donating money to a children’s charity a fraud??
    Look, I understand not everyone loves Chris, but this is a step forward and great for this charity.

#61 4 years ago

This thread boils down to “I really don’t like somebody, I don’t want them to win and they might. Hey I have an idea-let’s change the rules”

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

How do you know which machines to buy then? You are just blindly throwing money around with no guidance!

I'm going to hope this is sarcasm. Whether I buy a game or not is based strictly on my own opinion of the game and not someone else's...

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I'm going to hope this is sarcasm. Whether I buy a game or not is based strictly on my own opinion of the game and not someone else's...

It was definitely sarcasm

#64 4 years ago
    78826882_434866300753432_919730288244817920_n (resized).png78826882_434866300753432_919730288244817920_n (resized).png
    #65 4 years ago

Mods, close this thread down. After zaphX gif above, there is really nothing else to say.

#66 4 years ago
    C02F9E83-9757-406B-9911-F14B5842F47A (resized).jpegC02F9E83-9757-406B-9911-F14B5842F47A (resized).jpeg
    #67 4 years ago

Is this a good place to talk about the leaked Rick and Morty pictures?

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Chris has stated he will donate thousands of dollars to the Special When Lit 24 hr pinball stream for Project Pinball charity. How is donating money to a children’s charity a fraud??
    Look, I understand not everyone loves Chris, but this is a step forward and great for this charity.

I thought this would come up but your talking about an action taken just a week ago and before voting starts. Before that you couldn't have said anything about charitable. Timing

#69 4 years ago

At this point, I would rather hear the opinion of the OP’s neighbor than from the OP.

#70 4 years ago

Should the OP be able to share his opinion on a forum, if he in fact doesn't own any forums online???????

-It's a stretch... but it made me laugh last night so I had to post it... carry on!

Poor Man Ian

#71 4 years ago

Feel like I am back in High School reading this post ... amazing the shit grown men will argue about
    It's just pinball .... chill

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Feel like I am back in High School reading this post ... amazing the shit grown men will argue about

Agreed. Especially over an "award" that is on the same level as the Dundies. So dumb.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Welcome to Pinside!

#74 4 years ago

I'm guessing that 60 downvotes (as of now) for an opening post in a thread must be some kind of record.
    Kinda impressive..

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I'm guessing that 60 downvotes (as of now) for an opening post in a thread must be some kind of record.
    Kinda impressive..

Not yet. I think the Imaculant Baywatch thread still has it beat.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Should the OP be able to share his opinion on a forum, if he in fact doesn't own any forums online???????
    -It's a stretch... but it made me laugh last night so I had to post it... carry on!
    Poor Man Ian

Watch yourself man - the podcast police might be coming after 1-game owning podcasters next!

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Kinda impressive..

I think if seen over 100 before.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Kinda impressive..

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think if seen over 100 before.

Opening post....there's probably more than this one somewhere but 264 (and counting) aint bad

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yall-aint-gonna-believe-this

#79 4 years ago

Should you be able to breathe air if you've never made oxygen?

#80 4 years ago
    $ 1 kxeqdI42QECa6l6ETxTR_water_down_a_plughole (resized).jpg$ 1 kxeqdI42QECa6l6ETxTR_water_down_a_plughole (resized).jpg
    #81 4 years ago

Rush out and vote a new category was just added... DUMBEST THREAD on pinside award. This is the only thread you can currently vote for so I voted for it. Why don't you ask the best coach in the history of football if you should be allowed to coach a team if you never played in the NFL. Then ask him to return his 6 six bowl rings.

Give me a break!

Lastly, at the end of the day who even cares about a dumb plastic award. If you win this award do you get free pinball games from Stern? Ahhh nope! Does it come with a check for a million dollars to go on a pinball shopping spree? That again is nope! Does it mean people like you more than they did the day before... considering Kaneda keeps winning I guess that answer is again NOPE!

Do people buy a pinball game based on who won the twipy? No again. The award is worthless in other words. Maybe you can use it as a paperweight. Bingo we found a use. Here is the point ... who cares who wins a Twipy, if you own a pinball game or you don't, who cares. I guess some people find it interesting to vote on something, and not bad I guess to say hey we won, but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything. You like what you like and thats it.

I have to tell the truth honestly, pinball podcasts are mostly boring! I don't listen to listen to pinball podcasts, I have listened to Kaneda from time to time because at the very least he tells you what he honestly thinks. I'm not trying to shame other podcasts but one is done by someone who sells pinball of every background. Do you think he's going to take a deep dive into a game he sells and blasts the supplier for something they did wrong. Doubt that!

So in one sense its better that Kaneda doesn't own a pinball game ... he's an equal opportunity insulter. LOL

At least you know what he really thinks as he's not being influenced by being a distributor for a game. I'll take that all day long.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Rush out and vote a new category was just added... DUMBEST THREAD on pinside award. This is the only thread you can currently vote for so I voted for it. Why don't you ask the best coach in the history of football if you should be allowed to coach a team if you never played in the NFL. Then ask him to return his 6 six bowl rings.
    Give me a break!
    Lastly, at the end of the day who even cares about a dumb plastic award. If you win this award do you get free pinball games from Stern? Ahhh nope! Does it come with a check for a million dollars to go on a pinball shopping spree? That again is nope! Does it mean people like you more than they did the day before... considering Kaneda keeps winning I guess that answer is again NOPE!
    Do people buy a pinball game based on who won the twipy? No again. The award is worthless in other words. Maybe you can use it as a paperweight. Bingo we found a use. Here is the point ... who cares who wins a Twipy, if you own a pinball game or you don't, who cares. I guess some people find it interesting to vote on something, and not bad I guess to say hey we won, but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything. You like what you like and thats it.
    I have to tell the truth honestly, pinball podcasts are mostly boring! I don't listen to listen to pinball podcasts, I have listened to Kaneda from time to time because at the very least he tells you what he honestly thinks. I'm not trying to shame other podcasts but one is done by someone who sells pinball of every background. Do you think he's going to take a deep dive into a game he sells and blasts the supplier for something they did wrong. Doubt that!
    So in one sense its better that Kaneda doesn't own a pinball game ... he's an equal opportunity insulter. LOL
    At least you know what he really thinks as he's not being influenced by being a distributor for a game. I'll take that all day long.

What?

#83 4 years ago
    #84 4 years ago

Lastly, followed by a ten paragraph diatribe.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lastly, followed by a ten paragraph diatribe.

Its so funny how many people complain about people writing actual thoughts or opinions. I know you have a hard time reading but that is okay just go back to the funny pages. You'll live!

#86 4 years ago

Just made a funny observation. Keep on typing if that’s what you like to do. Just thought it was funny you said lastly before multiple long paragraphs. Haha

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just made a fun observation. Keep on typing if that’s what you like to do. Just thought it was fun you said lastly before multiple long paragraphs. Haha

LOL LOL

I'm laughing I'm laughing HAHAHAH Oh my gosh that was a knee slapper.

LOL LOL

I'm laughing I'm laughing HAHAHAH Oh my gosh that was a knee slapper. Do you have anymore funny swipes. I'm ready for more laughs.

#88 4 years ago

Should someone that has never worked on a game give repair tips? That one I’m not sure about but I don’t see anything wrong with having a podcast even if you don’t own a game.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Should someone that has never worked on a game give repair tips? That one I’m not sure about but I don’t see anything wrong with having a podcast even if you don’t own a game.

As I stated someone please tell the New England Patriots to give back all those Super Bowls he never once played in the NFL. How dare he actually think he can coach at that level. To think a guy who doesn't own a pinball game actually wants to win a plastic award. How dare he!

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

LOL LOL
    I'm laughing I'm laughing HAHAHAH Oh my gosh that was a knee slapper. Do you have anymore funny swipes. I'm ready for more laughs.

Are you well?

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Give me a break!

Did you just compare Kaneda to Bill Belicheck?

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Give me a break!

Hey man if you’d like to try calling me out, grow a pair and mention my name. Or how about this for an idea, message me privately and we can discuss any issue you may have, considering I’ve never met you. I’m always looking to make another friend

Sorry for interrupting, everyone. Proceed, this is entertaining stuff.

#93 4 years ago
    South-Park-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-right-now-meme (resized).jpgSouth-Park-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-right-now-meme (resized).jpg
    #94 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

[quoted image]

Thats hilarious! Especially a thread started with a poll! No one seems to get it.
    Not talking about just any podcast on the pinball hobby. A podcast that talks about what owners and buyers should demand from manufactures. Critiquing everything on what sells best, whats the best value, and everyone should do this, you should do that. ... guy doesn't even own a game.
    Practice what you preach.

#95 4 years ago

For those who are talking about a certain podcaster donating proceeds of a sale to charity, keep in mind that he made that announcement after he tried to sell the game on eBay on the sly and was called out on it by some people here on Pinside. He has said on other podcasts that he feels he has lost listeners this year due to his actions with his TBL and people feeling he was going to flip it for a profit after he specifically said on his podcast he would not do so. Maybe they were feeling that way because that's exactly what he tried to do? Is a coincidence that he comes around to his charitable decision right before TWIPY voting happens?

Just saying, if Dr. Frightener feels a TWIPY isn't worth anything, at least one podcaster seems to think it's worth about $5k.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey man if you’d like to try calling me out, grow a pair and mention my name. Or how about this for an idea, message me privately and we can discuss any issue you may have, considering I’ve never met you. I’m always looking to make another friend

Sorry for interrupting, everyone. Proceed, this is entertaining stuff.

Zach,

Don't get so sensitive I wasn't calling you out. OMG talk about grow a pair! LOL. I think you totally misunderstood my point. I was merely stating that unlike other podcasts, Kaneda just calls balls and strikes. He tells you what he really thinks and yes many of the manufacturer get really upset with him. You on the other don't do a show like that or did I miss something? You sell pinball games for a living, and btw that is awesome! Good for you! Your entire life revolves around pinball clearly its your passion. I didn't say there is ANYTHING wrong with that... however I think its fair to state that you're not going to do a podcast like Kaneda blasting playfield issues, getting upset that maybe just maybe Stern ridiculous price for Elvira for a piece of a couch is a joke. You sell pinball games so you're probably not going to call people on pinside losers! LOL

He's more of an opinion podcast, your podcast is totally different. That isn't a calling you out comment. BTW I'm not saying his podcast is better than anyone, or his approach is right or wrong, better or worse... I'm simply saying because he doesn't sell pinball games he obviously doesn't care what anyone thinks he's just sharing his opinion. That is a lot different than what others do. I don't think what I'm saying is anything but a fact.

So the idea that he can't have a podcast because he doesn't own a pinball, sell pinball, is ridiculous. His perspective is his opinion and its totally unfiltered. The biggest thing is NO ONE has to listen to your podcast, his podcast or any podcast. Everyone does their own thing and I'm not saying in any way one is better than the other. Hopefully this clears it up for you FRIEND! LOL

Btw I have met you... you tried to sell me a used Star Wars in Wisconsin. I'll stop by and say high in Texas going for the first time.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did you just compare Kaneda to Bill Belicheck?

Ahhh no, sorry you didn't catch what I meant. What I meant was if you're going to say a person can't have a podcast about pinball offering their opinions because they don't sell games, create games, or in this case own a game then...

That would be the same thing as saying a person can't coach football in the NFL if you hadn't played in the NFL. Actually last years Superbowl between the Rams and Patriots neither coach EVER played in the NFL. My point is shouldn't they have the experience of playing in the league to coach a team?

You don't have to be an owner of something to have an opinion about it. I'm from Missouri and our main college just hired a new coach, and he also never played even college level football. He's just a whiz kid.

So no I'm not comparing Kaneda to anyone just making an example.

Donald Trump was never a politician but he ran for President anyway! There is no rules on who can anything this is America. You can do whatever you want. In the end its ridiculous to say ANYONE of us can't have a podcast.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm from Missouri

You don't say!

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Thats hilarious! Especially a thread started with a poll! No one seems to get it.
    Not talking about just any podcast on the pinball hobby. A podcast that talks about what owners and buyers should demand from manufactures. Critiquing everything on what sells best, whats the best value, and everyone should do this, you should do that. ... guy doesn't even own a game.
    Practice what you preach.

Every time I see one of these Kaneda hate threads they always get shot down with lots of down votes , and a lot of upvotes in support of Chris . Just going off that , I think he's well on the way to winning his third twipy .
    I bet you thought you were going to get a lot of upvotes for this thread , well that's backfired bigtime .

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-you-win-a-twipy-podcast-if-you-don-t-own-a-game/page/2?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.