(Topic ID: 195339)

Should you buy a NEW Stern Pinball Machine?

By RGR

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RGR
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lemmings (resized).jpg
    IMG_3271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3270 (resized).JPG
    20170811_131342 (resized).jpg
    Toe Truck (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2383 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 6 years ago

I've got a Star Wars Pro en route, and I've been kind of concerned about playfield issues based on the posts here.

So today I went to a pinball arcade where I played Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Metallica and Aerosmith.
    I was examining each one critically for ghosting, delamination, flaking clear coat, etc.

The only thing I noticed was dimpling on Ghostbusters, and even then there was so much that it was near uniform and not distracting.

These were pins getting a lot of traffic and use.

Maybe these issues are a little overblown?

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

It's overblown until YOU draw the bad card. At least Stern came through with PF replacements, etc...
    Imagine opening the box of your $8000 MMr and finding it has faded inserts... and knowing you're fully stuck with it.
    But to someone else...even THAT would be "overblown".
    It's just human nature - of course people tend to talk about it endlessly because they don't want to get stuck with a headache on an unnecessary toy.

No I get it, I’m sympathetic to the people with problems and I certainly don’t want to take away from their justified frustration.

I’m just saying I think (hope) the bad ones are the exception not the rule.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-you-buy-a-new-stern-pinball-machine?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.