Should you Bump? When is it OK to bump? Proper Pinball Etiquette.....?

By ASOA

3 months ago

Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

To the Pinball community I ask this question. When is it OK to bump? If you are invited to a Pinball party is it ok to manhandle someone else's game. What is the Proper Pinball Etiquette? Never bump on the first date? Second time perhaps? Maybe get together #3 What do you think? If you invited pepole over to your home to play what is your rule on bumping? And at the same time do you play rough on other people's games? Please share we would love to know......

#2 3 months ago

Is this for real?

#3 3 months ago

I usually put on my white gloves before playing someone else's machine. I try to not flip too much, or start multiball as I do not want to wear the playfield prematurely.

#4 3 months ago

"Bump"? Is that the term now? Nudging and tilting are part of what makes pinball pinball. Should always be ok. Kicking machines or shoves after the ball has drained, not so OK.

#5 3 months ago

Dunno.

Start another topic on it and ask everyone.

rd

#6 3 months ago

Let me comment before everyone goes Ape Sh*t... Im a firm believer of play the game and get it done. It can take it just make sure it stays in one piece. However I have been to a few people's house where their pins are more for show. No bumping policy applies. What are your thoughts?

#8 3 months ago

Quit calling it "Bumping" the correct term is nudging.

#9 3 months ago

Bump

LTG : )

#10 3 months ago

'When in Rome'. Watch the owner first. Look at the back box positions, if the heads are very close, the owner does not do much nudging. Most likely is not going to enjoy seeing any kind of this action to their pins.

#11 3 months ago

Respect other peoples machines
    Like they were your own
    And who the hell has pinball machines that are for show
    Play the sh*t out of them

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

Respect other peoples machines
    Like they were your own

Unfortunately, I nudge my machines - sometimes hard. Not really abusive, but my tilts are pretty loose and I've been known to tilt or have to reposition a machine that slides a bit. I won't play someone else's machines quite that hard, but nudging is a part of pinball. The best policy is to ask the owner up front or watch them play first.

If anyone has a machine for show, simply take the balls out.

#13 3 months ago

Nudging and or bumping is no big deal. Adjust your tilt to reflect your tolerance.

Although I have had people come in to play and slide the game 4" one side or the other to save the ball.....that's a little much for my taste.

I also played in a tourney and the people we played against would make a fist and slam the game when they lost their ball. Like child throwing a tantrum.

#14 3 months ago

I let it known that nudging and sliding are acceptable.

I also keep my games at least 6" apart so they don't bang in to each other when getting slid from side to side.

My games are on hardwood floor sitting on felt bottom cups...makes sliding a hell of a lot easier.

#15 3 months ago

Nudging is part of the game. As said earlier in this thread. If they don't want nudging they should set the tilts tight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Mafia
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 299.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 63.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside