(Topic ID: 93049)

Should women players be allowed into a league!

By LouisXV

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GayGibson.jpeg
    hot-fit-women-pinball.jpg
    139395.jpeg
    !women.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-17-54-13_20140603201905957-606.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

We are starting our own league soon, some of the guys think we should keep the group to alpha males only!
    The general view was women standing playing pinball just looks wrong! You know, similar to other sports like fishing or hunting!
    We would allow women into the clubhouse to watch, but they wont be allowed to touch the tables etc....
    I am not sexist, i just think its a mans hobby! What yall think? Please keep it clean!

I play Golf reguarly and thats strictly an all male club!

Screenshot_2014-06-03-17-54-13_20140603201905957-606.jpgScreenshot_2014-06-03-17-54-13_20140603201905957-606.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Only if your an old school RUSH fan!
    Seriously yes, they should be included.

#3 9 years ago

I think this is the most moronic thing I have ever heard!

#4 9 years ago

The more women involved in the hobby the better it will be.

#5 9 years ago

Nixxynknight?

#6 9 years ago

Hope this is a Boshi thread . Seriously who even thinks like this anymore??

#7 9 years ago

As far as trolls go, this one is really run of the mill. I feel like if you worked on it a little more, you could have really executed a believable flamefest here.

#9 9 years ago

I am not sexist! I am old school!

#10 9 years ago

It sounds a bit silly to me, honestly. Anyone who enjoys pinball shouldn't be barred from it.

#11 9 years ago

Of course they should be allowed.

Propagate the hobby.

Just enforce a proper dress code.

#12 9 years ago

Our league has several women in it and they all know how to play and they all enjoy the game. If you exclude people you're going to generate a very unaccepting mindset in your group and that's not what pinball's about. Pinball's about enjoying the game and having fun, which is something anyone can do regardless of skill, race, gender, shoe size, taste in literature or time spent on the moon! ; D

#13 9 years ago

The OP has an unhealthy obsession with Lloyd.

#14 9 years ago

Of course they should be included. WTF not? They might even kick your ass.

#15 9 years ago

Ummm, a woman took first place in our league last year. I refuse to call people out on Pinside. However, your viewpoint is not likely to be supported by many on this site.

#16 9 years ago

My wife plays in my league and has a great time. It also help with her understanding my obsession. Plus who wants a sausage fest?

#17 9 years ago

If you can't face up to being beaten by them............. then by all means

#18 9 years ago

Not a good idea, there are some great women players out there - and it will only help the hobby grow by allowing them in. I think if the women want to have their own league thats ok because its so heavily male dominated - they may just feel more comfortable getting into the hobby that way. We allow anyone in our league in South Jersey.

#19 9 years ago

I'd wait until they are allowed to vote..then maybe consider it

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

I am not sexist! I am old school!

I don't even know what this means....?!

Lame

#21 9 years ago

I get it now. There is a pattern here. It seems like every thread LouisXV starts is trolling. Marking LouisXV on ignore.....

#22 9 years ago

Of course they should be included, why not?

I know there are some "people" out there that prefer to have a guys only night. I understand that, but some of the opposite sex also like playing pinball. I know my wife like to play once in a while and I think she is feeling left out at times when I go to play on a "guy's night out".

Doesn't hurt to get more ladies to get involved in this hobby as well.

#23 9 years ago

This thread is stupid.

Who thinks this kind of stuff is ok?

#24 9 years ago

You're going to get forced into early retirement.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Ummm, a woman took first place in our league last year. I refuse to call people out on Pinside. However, your viewpoint is not likely to be supported by many on this site.

I am not saying women dont know how to play the game! Hell! Rusty (our captain ) his wife Brandy sure knows how to bash some balls!

#26 9 years ago

I'm not going to tar and feather this guy. I get it. I used to host a weekly poker game that was guys only. We could bs about guy stuff, be obnoxious, make noises, etc. A bit of an escape. A true guy night. It was great.

Eventually a couple of the wives and girlfriends wanted to be included, and we eventually caved and shifted to co-ed. It was still fun, but not quite the same.

I say form the club any way you want. Having gals around, unless they're total Tomboys, does change the dynamic. Don't cave to all the PC bullies.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm not going to tar and feather this guy. I get it. I used to host a weekly poker game that was guys only. We could bs about guy stuff, be obnoxious, make noises, etc. A bit of an Escape. A true guy night. It was great.
    Eventually a couple of the wives and girlfriends wanted to be included, and we eventually caved and shifted to co-ed. It was still fun, but not quite the same.
    I say form the club any way you want. Having gals around, unless they're total Tomboys, does change the dynamic.

This guy gets it! ^^^^^^

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

Should women players be allowed into a league?

I'd say yes. The WNBA for sure. Oh, and whatever pinball league you're in just so one of the ladies can beat all your high scores.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from jazzmaster:

I think this is the most moronic thing I have ever heard!

+1.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

This guy gets it! ^^^^^^

I feel you, buddy. Don't cave to all the PC bullies. There's room in the hobby for guys leagues, girls leagues, and coed leagues.

#31 9 years ago

The truth is a lot of guys probably agree! However in todays day and age they are scared to admit it!

#32 9 years ago

Heck no. Women probably shouldn't even be allowed on pinball forums...

#33 9 years ago

Absolutely NOT! No WOMEN and no MINERS! They're all nothing but trouble! And especially not this broad, she's the worst of both worlds...

!women.jpg!women.jpg

#34 9 years ago

Obvious troll. Do not feedz.

#35 9 years ago

Many of us on here, I'm sure, fight to include our women in our hobbies and interests, like pinball. I couldn't imagine every excluding my wife from anything I like to do. I invite her out every time I go play pins or pursue any number of other interests. Most of the time she elects to stay home, but it's always a happy surprise for me when she chooses to accompany me! Most importantly, not only for the success of our marriage but also my pursuit of pinball etc, she knows she's always welcome to participate.

Just my $.02.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

This guy gets it! ^^^^^^

That guy didn't need to ask Pinside about it, so yes, he does get it. You on the other hand...

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Heck no. Women probably shouldn't even be allowed on pinball forums...

#38 9 years ago

I agree with the OP on this topic. To ignore this very real problem is just asking for bears...

#39 9 years ago

There is nothing wrong in watching a women play pinball. All those curvy parts are easy on the eyes.
    As long as 1 of those commandment thingys does not get broken. All is good.

#40 9 years ago

Look all i am saying is i like to get out from under the wife every now and then and break some balls without needing to worry about females.

Sorry if the topic offended you so much! Mr PC

#41 9 years ago

But what if your friends' wives are hot and wear skimpy clothing?

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

some of the guys think we should keep the group to alpha males only!

More power to ya!
    139395.jpeg139395.jpeg

#43 9 years ago

I'd also ban any one under 40yo

Kids have no respect these days

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

But what if your friends' wives are hot and wear skimpy clothing?

That may be a big 'what if' and could be the root of the issue.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

More power to ya!

139395.jpeg 25 KB

Quoted from o-din:

More power to ya!

139395.jpeg 25 KB

Your the one who is acting immature now! Just because we want a few pinball nights without women suddenly means i am homosexual?

I am not the one who needs to grow up! Lots of guys agree but they are to scared to admit it because of the PC brigade.

Gosh! I am so glad i never posted an anti-religion question!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

i am homosexual?

Sorry. I searched alpha male pinball and this is what I got. And I think old school too, and I have no use for that term. WTF is alpha male?

#47 9 years ago

Really? In this day and age? Unless you just want a guys night out kind of thing, why the heck not? I wish my wife enjoyed pins.

#48 9 years ago

I saw some hotties at Modern Pinball....why on earth would this even be a question? (and in these modern times?).....

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouisXV:

We are starting our own league soon, some of the guys think we should keep the group to alpha males only!
    The general view was women standing playing pinball just looks wrong! You know, similar to other sports like fishing or hunting!
    We would allow women into the clubhouse to watch, but they wont be allowed to touch the tables etc....
    I am not sexist, i just think its a mans hobby! What yall think? Please keep it clean!

Screenshot_2014-06-03-17-54-13_2... 7 KB

You should not be a loud to post on the forum here.

#50 9 years ago

If there are no women, who fetches the food and cleans up after ?

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-women-players-be-allowed-into-a-league and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.