(Topic ID: 234535)

Should these green wires be connected to this ground hub?

By embryonjohn

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinball (resized).png
92ECC5A0-BD38-4676-8EA4-E8E425567EA6 (resized).jpeg
6138653F-18E9-4085-A429-3469ED4A6784 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cylon02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 months ago

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate your help!. I'm just learning about the unit now. been doing a lot of cleaning and finding jumped wires. From what I'm thinking. It was an arcade game years ago and repair guys back then hot wired things to keep them running. Now to undo those repairs and find out why they were done. And yes Darcy, you are correct. It does have a cage over the transformer. Pretty cool actually.. The machine was on ebay. I asked the seller some details. They told me it's been sitting in storage for over 15 years. That got my attention so I purchased it. It's in decent shape. The cabinet is yellowed I would assume from being in smoke filled places years back. Also found some 43 year old gum underneath...LOL....... I'm new to EM, so I'm not as experienced as you guys. So please bare with me. If I have any questions. Would it be okay to ask you as I proceed?

#13 5 months ago

Ha hahahaha ...

Thank you HowardR, I did get that one wrong!...LOL

#14 5 months ago

Hey Guys

Looking for some insight. Have trouble with El Dorado. trying my best to fix the problems but it seems to be getting worse. I cleaned all the steppers and Jones Connectors Both male and female. The 10 Target will not reset, the 5 Target does. I use jumpers from the 5 target to the 10 and it works. But try from the G Relay and nothing.

Also. Hit the little coin bar and it jumps 3 games every time. I moved the peg and does not correct itself. And, When I hit the start button, only thing that works is the playfield light come on and the 5 target relay jumps. Flippers work, rollovers work, rubber contacts also work. The game will not reset. Score reels will not reset. But hit the relay bank and things "do" work. Just not the 10 target.

What am I doing wrong? Transformer is on "normal"

The seller told me it hasn't been turned on since the 80s. It is dirty and cleaning up nice. Just wont run correctly. I know it must be me, just can't figure it out..... Any direction I need to start from?

#16 5 months ago

Thank you Howard,

I'll do my best to follow your instructions. Mark G who is "most" kindly mentioned something about shotgunning. I guess I've got a lot to learn still. Gets frustrating. It's like one step forward and two back. I just read the link you so graciously posted. I did just what it said "not" to do! Lessen learned. I'm almost ready to give up. But will go back in and try again. I'm going to read more of the links you sent and cross my fingers......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9,500.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
$ 109.99
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cylon02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside