(Topic ID: 61079)

Should Stern release a Angry Birds pinball?

By TPM

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Zenith_Space_Commander_600.jpg
    tumblr_mqrgbsVnfC1rdqbfro1_500.gif
    th.jpeg
    angry2.jpg
    angry3.jpg
    angry1.jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

They should absolutely make this. I've never played Angry Birds, but I don't really like AC/DC as a band either. The key is familiarity. I wouldn't be drawn to "Killer Cartoon Birds", but I would check out Angry Birds because it's familiar to me. It doesn't really matter if I like it, but it's a starting point.
    And before kids got into it, Angry Birds was popular with adults...at least in my world.

It would work on location, but its the 2010s now not the 1990s so most machine are going in homes not being operated so it'd be a huge waste of market research, game development, and license.

#52 10 years ago

Angry Birds was definitely rumored to be a Stern title before ST.

#53 10 years ago

#54 10 years ago

#55 10 years ago

#56 10 years ago

#57 10 years ago

#58 10 years ago

#59 10 years ago

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Hum...Is't this the same people who posted this on their website?

Slow connection?

#61 10 years ago

#62 10 years ago

Hum Is't this the same people who posted this on their website?

Quote "The only maker of REAL pinball games on the planet!!"

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Slow connection?

I do not know what happened

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's retro week at Pinside. Threads trending are Angry Birds, the 100 years war on Lightening Flippers, and Stern code not being complete.

AMEN

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's retro week at Pinside. Threads trending are Angry Birds, the 100 years war on Lightening Flippers, and Stern code not being complete.

AMEN

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

AMEN

#67 10 years ago

See I am not the only one!

#68 10 years ago

What the hell. I say yes. It could be fun with lots o cheesy humor.

#70 10 years ago

angry birds are over,

Isn't that kinda up to them?

tumblr_mqrgbsVnfC1rdqbfro1_500.giftumblr_mqrgbsVnfC1rdqbfro1_500.gif

#71 10 years ago

I can't see this happening, it isn't a movie or geriatric white rock stars.

#72 10 years ago

Hey, I'm in the mood to play Angry Birds... Should I buy the 99 cent version or the $7000 version?

#73 10 years ago

Please no. Never.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

You're ranting at Stern for someone else's idea?

haha i guess youre right.

i think i was just cranky.

#75 10 years ago

I thought i said i thought i said I'd prefer another better looney toons pin. Meep meep

#76 10 years ago

Please don't make angry birds...that would be a terrible choice for a pinball machine! I would rather have an original theme than AB!

#78 10 years ago

If they do release Angry Birds for me it's a SURE WON'T BUY. Good way for me to save up.

#79 10 years ago

<sarcasm>

I really wish pinball enthusiasts were more passionate in their responses and more cut-and-dry with what they think would make a good theme for a new pin.

How do you expect pin companies to gauge your level of interest when you're all so wishy-washy.

</sarcasm>

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

How do you expect pin companies to gauge your level of interest when you're all so wishy-washy.

I just let the pin company's decide what's best for me. They've done a great job so far.

#81 10 years ago

It'd make perfect sense, since it's about 1-2 years too late, just like almost every other theme they license (minus bands of course).

#83 10 years ago

Certainly not.

Thunderbirds however, is a different kettle of fish.

#84 10 years ago

No, Muppets would be a far better choice for a pin for youngsters and oldies

#85 10 years ago

Heck no! As others have said, Angry Birds in general has hit a fatigue point within the past six months...

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Certainly not.

Well according to the maker us stupid North Americans never watched The Thunderbirds and don't know what they are about.
    What the clueless insulting fool doesn't know is guys my age with disposable incomes watched it all the time when we were kids on KCOP out here in So Cal and I was very interested in this game before his whinge now I have no interest in the game.

Post edited by tracelifter : clarity, not sure if his road is paved or not.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Well according to the maker us stupid North Americans never watched The Thunderbirds and don't know what they are about.
    What the clueless insulting fool doesn't know is guys my age with disposable incomes watched it all the time when we were kids on KCOP out here in So Cal and I was very interested in this game before his whinge now he can shove it up his dirt road.

#88 10 years ago

Ryan wanker please don't encourage them. Angry birds would be prementrual pinball title.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

What the clueless insulting fool doesn't know is guys my age with disposable incomes watched it all the time when we were kids on KCOP out here in So Cal and I was very interested in this game before his whinge now I have no interest in the game.

Maybe the new series will get shown over there ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21340083

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Well you're not in the Zone of Exclusion, so I suppose things are looking up for you.

#92 10 years ago

I agree that it is family related and that's kinda why I bought WOZ with so many other reasons. I would like to see more family related pins. Wait! never mind here is a list of some already....

*WOZ
    *Spiderman
    *Tron
    *Ironman
    *Wheel Of Fortune
    *Monopoly
    *Shrek

Oh, I could keep going and going. Not a good reason to build angry birds. Go ahead build it and keep it up and let's see if the stock holders will keep you around. If you build it, put Steve on it so at least it will stick around. I am not against it, but it seems over whelming that your not winning this crowd over. I do like the fact it's not another heavy metal band. Yes, I own a AC/DC and it will never leave my basement unless its stupid money or they are burying me.

#93 10 years ago

Well it looks to me that AB will not be welcomed with open arms for all of us. I do feel we are all not on the same page with this one. It’s hard for me to say that I like most themes. But we have not looked at the back glass on this one. AB is a video game for your phone. Stern cannot get there CPU to do video and run a pinball at the same time. It makes sense to pick AB if you plan to use a new CPU board all together. Look at JJ. Stern would be going backwards by not following. I am not trying to start a debate if Stern should put video into their back glass. They will and would suffer if they do not! It’s a hard bullet to bite for all us hard core players. I am against the video display. Pinball is defined and differentiated by the physical world. My opinion aside, video will be part of all new pinballs one day. It’s just a fact. Evidence was right in front of me when I saw and especially heard a Metallica MOP and it sounded so ridiculously better than any Stern pinball I have played. Well this made me think that there in front of me was a new CPU and sound processor. It’s no secret Stern has used an outdated system for years. It’s taking JJ to get them to change it, IMO. Well why upgrade your processor? So it will support video of course. So back to AB and how this will work, AB is a video game by nature. And to play a video game you need a display. Makes sense to release a video game theme with a display. Does anyone else see this the way I do?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from TPM:

Well it looks to me that AB will not be welcomed with open arms for all of us. I do feel we are all not on the same page with this one. It’s hard for me to say that I like most themes. But we have not looked at the back glass on this one. AB is a video game for your phone. Stern cannot get there CPU to do video and run a pinball at the same time. It makes sense to pick AB if you plan to use a new CPU board all together. Look at JJ. Stern would be going backwards by not following. I am not trying to start a debate if Stern should put video into their back glass. They will and would suffer if they do not! It’s a hard bullet to bite for all us hard core players. I am against the video display. Pinball is defined and differentiated by the physical world. My opinion aside, video will be part of all new pinballs one day. It’s just a fact. Evidence was right in front of me when I saw and especially heard a Metallica MOP and it sounded so ridiculously better than any Stern pinball I have played. Well this made me think that there in front of me was a new CPU and sound processor. It’s no secret Stern has used an outdated system for years. It’s taking JJ to get them to change it, IMO. Well why upgrade your processor? So it will support video of course. So back to AB and how this will work, AB is a video game by nature. And to play a video game you need a display. Makes sense to release a video game theme with a display. Does anyone else see this the way I do?

Don't need video pinball we have options for that and honestly I like WOZ but I don't have the time playing the game to look at the huge LCD unless I have the ball trapped. Video games should stay video games and pinball mechanical. I liked that custom AB machine but that's it the themes old outdated and just won't work its a waste. Start putting video games in pinball and gorgar will be worth 5k in no time. Leave it

#95 10 years ago

I think the same welcome came for solid state. The manufacturers had to digitize the bells to ease the transition for players who wanted them and were familiar with. Let it be clear I'm not a big fan of the LCD. I can see a place for it. On the back glass or under the playfield. I just wonder if patents for the pinball 2000 have run out of time by now and it is now possible to incorporate a tv display in pinball.

#96 10 years ago

NO..........................................................

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from TPM:

Well it looks to me that AB will not be welcomed with open arms for all of us.

I don't want to stir things up, but that never stopped any pinball manufacturer. Stern has a list of titles many were wondering why they choose that theme. Bally / Williams also have a few. I guess they can't please everybody and eventually look at what is best for the business from their point of view (or at least I hope they do that).

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from TPM:

I think the same welcome came for solid state.

I think I hurt my big toe the first time I came across a solid state.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And don't forget the "Pin-x vs. Pin-y" thread (poll optional!)

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Actually, it was on KTTV 11.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-stern-release-a-angry-birds-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.